The Hotel End
August 14, 2018, 11:21:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1144   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 869304 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21920 on: June 07, 2018, 13:08:03 pm »

The MoU.......

2e.....The Football Club will establish arrangements with the Supporters Trust for their
involvement in the Football Club as soon as possible and at the latest by 31
st March 2016.

How did that work out?? And what did the Trust do about the "non-compliance"?

4. The Football Club shall have the exclusive use of the East Stand room hire on match days at no
cost to include, but not limited to, Hospitality Boxes; Executive Lounge; Terracing and
Concourse.

Seems to suggest that the East stand would be run as a separate entity to the rest of the ground? Why would this provision be there? Because someone else ran the stand and this was to stop them renting it out to other parties on matchdays??
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12 and 2012/13

Cardoza?? Who??
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21921 on: June 07, 2018, 13:37:21 pm »

The MoU.......

2e.....The Football Club will establish arrangements with the Supporters Trust for their
involvement in the Football Club as soon as possible and at the latest by 31
st March 2016.

How did that work out?? And what did the Trust do about the "non-compliance"?

4. The Football Club shall have the exclusive use of the East Stand room hire on match days at no
cost to include, but not limited to, Hospitality Boxes; Executive Lounge; Terracing and
Concourse.

Seems to suggest that the East stand would be run as a separate entity to the rest of the ground? Why would this provision be there? Because someone else ran the stand and this was to stop them renting it out to other parties on matchdays??

Yeah, item 4 is certainly a strange one. It also doesn't actually mention about completing the East Stand works, and yet, in the Council minutes covering the vote to accept the MoU deal it says the new owners will complete the stand. I'm surprised this isn't outlined better here.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21922 on: June 07, 2018, 14:03:42 pm »

Yeah, item 4 is certainly a strange one. It also doesn't actually mention about completing the East Stand works, and yet, in the Council minutes covering the vote to accept the MoU deal it says the new owners will complete the stand. I'm surprised this isn't outlined better here.

What does involvement of the Trust in the football club actually mean? Really poorly worded which is a mistake with KT.

That said it's clear the Council wanted the Trust to have a role with the club and yet the Trust have not been allowed a place on the club board. This is very poor indeed. However, despite being highly cynical of private club owners I and others have put faith in Thomas and Bower and hope that they will right any wrongs in their next moves. We'll see.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #21923 on: June 07, 2018, 14:19:45 pm »

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that MoU hasn't been touched by one!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21924 on: June 07, 2018, 14:44:21 pm »

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure that MoU hasn't been touched by one!

It wasn't...but it states its non-legally binding anyway......just a memo of understanding.........no lawyers required!!

However.....at the Council Meeting back in November 2015, at the height of the clubs financial woes the Council had a choice of three moves to make.

3.3.2 The Council has the following options:
3.3.3 Option 1 Ė Agree the proposed MoU and approach outlined in this report with the Kelvin Thomas Consortium.
3.3.4 Option 2 Ė Engage with one of the other parties to work with to purchase NTFC. It should be noted that there is insufficient time to undertake the required due diligence to approve such a proposal before the Administration and Liquidation deadlines.
3.3.5 Option 3 Ė The Council instigates an Administration process against NTFC in order to place the Club on a sustainable financial footing prior to it being marketed for sale by the Administrator.

So that "non-legally binding untouched by a lawyer" document formed at least part of the basis for The Council choosing option 1.
Report Spam   Logged

Cardoza?? Who??
unicobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21925 on: June 08, 2018, 10:16:01 am »

What does involvement of the Trust in the football club actually mean? Really poorly worded which is a mistake with KT.

That said it's clear the Council wanted the Trust to have a role with the club and yet the Trust have not been allowed a place on the club board. This is very poor indeed. However, despite being highly cynical of private club owners I and others have put faith in Thomas and Bower and hope that they will right any wrongs in their next moves. We'll see.
From a business perspective the wording about involvement is perfect for KT. As long as any contact was made about the club then they have fore filled their obligation. Things such as the open sessions, consultations on fans village etc mean that have ticked that box.
Not saying they have gone against the intent but as far as any "non-compliance" issues GPC mentioned, they have fully complied with it as it is written (IMO)
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21926 on: June 08, 2018, 13:11:13 pm »

From a business perspective the wording about involvement is perfect for KT. As long as any contact was made about the club then they have fore filled their obligation. Things such as the open sessions, consultations on fans village etc mean that have ticked that box.
Not saying they have gone against the intent but as far as any "non-compliance" issues GPC mentioned, they have fully complied with it as it is written (IMO)

True enough......the statement/requirement was pretty much open to interpretation and in the above it isn't like the Trust haven't been completely shunned, there has been involvement.
Report Spam   Logged

Cardoza?? Who??
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #21927 on: June 08, 2018, 13:40:36 pm »

Good point Grange, to my way of thinking thats the way it should. The Trust in my view works alot better when it is detatched from the Club. Fans in the past  felt the Trust were too close to the Club, now i think they have re-engaged with the fans more.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest2487
« Reply #21928 on: June 08, 2018, 14:33:05 pm »

Agree that the Trust should be separate.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21929 on: June 08, 2018, 20:18:53 pm »

Progress!!!

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/documents/s56434/Sixfields%20cabinet%20V7%207June%20final.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

Cardoza?? Who??
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #21930 on: June 08, 2018, 20:37:30 pm »

So agree the boundary. Complete the East Stand, the council can make cash from the other land (to pay back the loan) and everyone is happy? Cardoza smashed the golden egg.
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #21931 on: June 08, 2018, 21:48:45 pm »

Here is the map

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/councillors/documents/s56435/Plan.pdf

So in essence the red part is surrendered to the council from CDNL but it then forms part of the original lease to NTFC so in control of the club allowing for unhindered development of East Stand.

I think!

The rest is still held by CDNL I believe.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21932 on: June 08, 2018, 22:47:23 pm »

Here is the map

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/councillors/documents/s56435/Plan.pdf

So in essence the red part is surrendered to the council from CDNL but it then forms part of the original lease to NTFC so in control of the club allowing for unhindered development of East Stand.

I think!

The rest is still held by CDNL I believe.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of the "rest " left!! Just a telephone shaped piece!!
Report Spam   Logged

Cardoza?? Who??
sammo4

View Profile
« Reply #21933 on: June 09, 2018, 00:26:43 am »

so reading that report, and looking at the map...

Kt does not seem to have been full of it, and on a land grab mission?

What do the detractors think about that?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487
« Reply #21934 on: June 09, 2018, 01:15:58 am »

Basically, panic over, KT isn't the devil and everything is okay.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #21935 on: June 09, 2018, 07:10:54 am »

Yeah, sounds like it. I'm relieved that we (i.e. the club) don't seem to be the bad guys in this as it was starting to look. Indeed, it appears there aren't any bad guys at all, just council ineptitude over the management of the leases.

It would still be interesting to know what minor amendments the club requested and if they are reflected in these documents though!
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #21936 on: June 09, 2018, 08:18:28 am »

Yeah, sounds like it. I'm relieved that we (i.e. the club) don't seem to be the bad guys in this as it was starting to look. Indeed, it appears there aren't any bad guys at all, just council ineptitude over the management of the leases.

Thatís my take but I think it would be really good for the club to make a statement on next steps and perhaps a consolidatory note about the council so we can move forward with no bad blood.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #21937 on: June 09, 2018, 08:28:41 am »

Doesn't seem to be a lot of the "rest " left!! Just a telephone shaped piece!!

Iím not so sure about that. This is only about the original leases that covered the athletics track and stadium then was subdivided as shown. The additional full redevelopment land granted for the majority of the houses etc was for the parcel after the edge of the blue line. The lease for that was never duplicated or in question so doesnít form part of this upcoming meeting.
 As it appeared on other documents, as CDNL was never liquidated and a CVA was agreed, did the new owners KT and DB surrender or lose it to the council? I didnít think so but who knows?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #21938 on: June 09, 2018, 08:53:00 am »

Can anyone explain the land under CDNL control after the lease surrender as the blue zone does not appear to match up with the huge swathe of land that Cardoza was planning on?

This appears to open a new can of worms.

Are Bower and Thomas going to spend £4million of their own money to finish the East Stand?

What is the status of their masterplan for wider land use which may or may not include what Clarkeysntfc described as

"KT and his group have proposed multiple options for developing the land around the stadium from retail to offices, distribution sheds etc etc. They have also provided proven funding of £ millions."

How does any masterplan tie in with NBC's declaration that

"Neither the 2004 Lease or the lease granted to CDNL in 2013 enable either party to carry out a commercial development of the relevant land due to restrictions in the terms of the leases. If this is to happen there will need to be a separate negotiation between the respective tenants and the Council, who will need to ensure that in agreeing any changes, that the requirements of S.123 of the Local Government Act (1972) to achieve best value are met."

What are Bower and Thomas' short-medium term intentions to fund the football club?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 08:56:14 am by meccanostand » Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
« Reply #21939 on: June 09, 2018, 09:45:37 am »

The athletics track as one original lease makes perfect sense. The red outline leaves plenty of access space to the rear of the East Stand and, together with the other 20m that extends the central part towards the far edge of the running track, there is space for another building, probably a hotel, which can bridge link to the back of the East Stand and the conference/event rooms on the first floor. That is why there would be a condition about football club use only on match days.

Cardoza/Grossmans ill-conceived plans had housing development right up to the back of the East Stand - very little access space...stupid! You may remenber that they wanted to put a hotel at the front of the West Stand...in an effort to maximise the development to the east of the football ground. They made such a pigs ear of everything amd probably lost interest when they realised that  housing was not the best idea on landfill, and out of town retail was not really supported at that time!

I really do think that KT and his partners do have the best interests of the club in mind and all the other conspiracy theories are exaggerated.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 ... 1144   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: