The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:04:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1823062 times)
DavCobb and 43 Guests are viewing this topic.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23080 on: September 21, 2018, 14:27:57 pm »

That's your best post ever Melbourne. Drink more beer mate!

can't argue with anything except 1 & 2.  Technically he saved the club by paying £160k but others were trying to do so but were blocked by DC as he said KT has exclusivity. How much did KT pay DC for that?

I honestly believe you are completely daft with that statement above.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #23081 on: September 21, 2018, 14:31:15 pm »

so not wrong CW, the other group were the Trust / Northampton people. Do you honestly think that we would have been in a worse position now had the Trust gained control?  Difference was those people were honest as they wanted best for NTFC, they should have said they had £5m to gain control then sort it out after.

I guess we sold RH for around £500k, like you say nobody knows and that is a small part of the problem.

so you are basically agreeing with what I say, you just don't like me saying it Huh?  One big reason the club doesn't progress is that the chairman are given an easy ride by the fans, like you, they say and do nothing. But you can make a difference but it needs more than 5 of us. This is the big problem, Northampton people are in the main not dynamic nor ambitious, that is why we are where we are.  

I have tried working at the club, I have tried within the Trust, I have failed, I have not been vocal enough or able to influence people, it is obvious that Northampton people don't want to fight, only when it is literally at the brink do they turn up.

The Trust stood by and watched from within DC nearly destroy our club, they stand by now and still submit neutral non offensive politically correct statement after statement. One reason they do this is because the main body of supporters are not dynamic nor ambitious and don't want to get involved or be in awkward positions, frightened to upset anyone or demand anything.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23082 on: September 21, 2018, 14:35:36 pm »

I have tried working at the club, I have tried within the Trust, I have failed, I have not been vocal enough or able to influence people.....

Add: Failed on here as well; not very good at fighting for something that you believe in are you?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #23083 on: September 21, 2018, 14:39:43 pm »

You and others conveniently forget that there were other sums that had to be met.

Other creditors had not been paid for up to 3 months

Salaries had not been paid for more than 2 months. Players wages and other staff plus the additional ni based on annual wage bill of 2m meant the deficit to be in excess of 350k. Failure to pay more than one month meant the players were free agents.

Buckinghams required a solution.

No idea how much the overdraft was. I appreciate this was guaranteed by DC but the value of that guarantee?

Running costs meant we were losing a considerable sum each month . Banks required a business plan showing we could sustain these losses
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #23084 on: September 21, 2018, 14:51:04 pm »

Accurate post Pedj. Random states the 'fact' that KT only paid a £160K tax bill. Who has been financing the day to day business expenses Random conveniently ignores? Look at the Balance sheets for the last 2 years or is he making statements without looking at the 'facts'?

He says we are totally in a worse position, surely the youth system has greatly improved, boys and ladies!
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #23085 on: September 21, 2018, 14:56:31 pm »

You and others conveniently forget that there were other sums that had to be met.

Other creditors had not been paid for up to 3 months

Salaries had not been paid for more than 2 months. Players wages and other staff plus the additional ni based on annual wage bill of 2m meant the deficit to be in excess of 350k. Failure to pay more than one month meant the players were free agents.

Buckinghams required a solution.

No idea how much the overdraft was. I appreciate this was guaranteed by DC but the value of that guarantee?

Running costs meant we were losing a considerable sum each month . Banks required a business plan showing we could sustain these losses

You raise some good points - it’s very easy keyboard economics to suggest the only issue was the tax bill - it of course wasn’t, and there was the issue of all sorts of unpaid bills and going forward some sort of credit worthiness to ensure the club could actually trade - again easy to criticize KT now but he secured our immediate future at that time & of course he cannot live on the glory of that indefinitely but the simplistic way the scenario is suggested by some is simply not the case.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23086 on: September 21, 2018, 14:58:05 pm »

Is it possible to entertain the idea that Wilder was wrong?

No, because he wasn't.

Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3230

« Reply #23087 on: September 21, 2018, 15:06:29 pm »

Brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #23088 on: September 21, 2018, 15:13:44 pm »

CW I actually gave KT about 8 months of my time. In which time I saw that nothing had changed from DC reign and there was little to no intention to change, certainly no £1m worth. To me it was clear that KT was only here for himself, his short term gain and at NTFC that means land development.

Hammy gave DC a lot longer than a day, fell out with him when they shouted at him, bless him.

Why do we stay in and around L2?  Imho because no one is prepared to lead at the top and pull everyone together to believe we can be better. Hard work and goodwill is a main stay of clubs like Wycombe, Exeter, Accrington, Portsmouth and Burton, all of which are currently achieving levels of success. All have been either Trust owned or have local switched on owners. 

While the majority of fans stay quiet, don't ask what is going on, don't demand more then NTFC just goes through the motions, just like we have done for 9 out of the last 10 years.

Still Beds and I are the villains as we don't like the fact that we are at our lowest league position for 5 years, with secretive owners, who have no interest in even the medium term of our club.

No matter who runs NTFC you will will have an axe to grind with them. Both you and I know why that is.

Nobody thinks either you or Beds are villains. Like I said. Neither of you have done anymore than most keyboard warriors have.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23089 on: September 21, 2018, 15:53:51 pm »

"Random "your guess that we sold Holmes for about £500000 is miles off.
Divide by 25% and you have it.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23090 on: September 21, 2018, 16:07:09 pm »

"Random "your guess that we sold Holmes for about £500000 is miles off.
Divide by 25% and you have it.

So £2m?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23091 on: September 21, 2018, 16:23:45 pm »

We got more compo from Sheffield United for Wilder, Knill and Prestridge than we did for Ricky Holmes when he left for Charlton.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23092 on: September 21, 2018, 16:45:14 pm »

We got more compo from Sheffield United for Wilder, Knill and Prestridge than we did for Ricky Holmes when he left for Charlton.

Wow, bloody Nora. That fact will send them Batty. At least some are gonna wine.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
guest3230

« Reply #23093 on: September 21, 2018, 17:05:54 pm »

Wow, bloody Nora. That fact will send them Batty. At least some are gonna wine.

Wine night be the only solution.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23094 on: September 21, 2018, 17:07:18 pm »

you also seem to forget that the club has income coming in and that the club had about broken even for the previous 3 or 4 years under DC

Plus the increase in gates and commercial revenue.

You all miss the point that KT gained control of our club and has been a disaster ever since whilst he screws everyone around him, but still smiles and you suckers lap it up

You lot carry on in your own little bubble, waiting for non league to arrive, you dont deserve a successful football club hence why you are all so pleased with KT.

Hammy I tried to support KT who has done little else than not shout at you to get your support. So much of his time has been also identical to DC last and worst years, yeah my axe is that i want a chairman who wants to actually take NTFC the football club forward, not do as little as possible whilst he sorts out leases so he can sell the club to maximise his profits, all the time having a working environment that has meant 4 managers and umpteen players have failed to win games, score goals or entertain.

LOOK AT THE f***ING LEAGUE TABLE AND LAST SEASONS IF YOU NEED FURTHER EVIDENCE THAT KT HAS FAILED

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23095 on: September 21, 2018, 17:24:39 pm »

you also seem to forget that the club has income coming in and that the club had about broken even for the previous 3 or 4 years under DC

You all miss the point that KT gained control of our club and has been a disaster ever since whilst he screws everyone around him, but still smiles and you suckers lap it up

You lot carry on in your own little bubble, waiting for non league to arrive, you dont deserve a successful football club hence why you are all so pleased with KT.

Hammy I tried to support KT who has done little else than not shout at you to get your support. So much of his time has been also identical to DC last and worst years, yeah my axe is that i want a chairman who wants to actually take NTFC the football club forward, not do as little as possible whilst he sorts out leases so he can sell the club to maximise his profits, all the time having a working environment that has meant 4 managers and umpteen players have failed to win games, score goals or entertain.

LOOK AT THE **** LEAGUE TABLE AND LAST SEASONS IF YOU NEED FURTHER EVIDENCE THAT KT HAS FAILED

Heart attack material...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2539

« Reply #23096 on: September 21, 2018, 17:44:03 pm »

LOOK AT THE **** LEAGUE TABLE AND LAST SEASONS IF YOU NEED FURTHER EVIDENCE THAT KT HAS FAILED

I think you will find it is the players that have lost so many games NOT KT!!!

His job is to provide a competitive budget which he has done.

You really have a blame the chairman at all costs attitude!...........SAD
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #23097 on: September 21, 2018, 18:00:02 pm »

Try to keep at least a bit of a grip  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #23098 on: September 21, 2018, 18:18:32 pm »

Wake up mate. If we were breaking even why we we not paying our bills. We had staff, not well paid employees, and local companies not getting paid. The alternative solutions involved in at least one case  administration ripping off local companies and backroom staff.  There was no credible alternative.

If I am wrong name them.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #23099 on: September 21, 2018, 18:27:24 pm »

Crikey, theres some really extreme views on here.

My take on it.

On the pitch:

Last season, we were relegated with a top10 league1 budget. This season we are 20th, with most likely a top3 budget. We've employed 4 managers since Wilder, Id argue that all 4 were justified at their time of appointment.

Other than selling Ricky Holmes so quickly (it was in May, I never 'got that') and not firing JFH before it was too late (politics with the Chinese I think played a part there), I do not lay the blame of the poor side/s we have witnessed during the last 2 years or so on KT.

He has always provided a competitive budget.

Off the pitch:

I do not subscribe to Hamsters view that by making the club more saleable is any kind of achievement. In any case, the club and the land are two separate entities. I would argue that both the other options at the time when DC came in (Trust and Binley consortium) would have achieved more and achieved it quicker. I reckon the council would have been more open to playing ball with 'locals' not in it for their own gain. The Ground (seats aside in the East and a disco behind the North) is worse now than it was when he came in. It is more run down, even the turnstyle doesn't work (or isn't manned) on the East Stand side of the North Stand.

In fact, off the pitch...he has literally achieved less than nothing in my mind.

So all in all? He came in, steadied the club financially, and carried on the momentum for 6 months with the team winning league2. After which the power point presentations became less frequent, his interviews became totally predictable and contained no news, a war started and continued with the council. All a bit 'boring' frankly. And then there was the Chinese debacle!

Nothing against the bloke, I like him. Id have a beer with him. He loves his football. I genuinely believe he gives a dam about us and the club. But its time for him to go. It was when the Chinese pulled out.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: