The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 19:51:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 ... 2197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1839932 times)
BedsCobb and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #23340 on: December 16, 2018, 10:29:56 am »

Brilliant post from Vintage.

I don’t entirely agree - certainly some indisputable facts interlaced with his or her own opinion - but two fundamentals still bother me - firstly what can actually be done about the situation by vociferous fans other than words, secondly there are the continued insults to fans who either don’t agree or perhaps have other things more important in their lives - the very essence of the better “solution” means bringing fans together and such posts don’t achieve that.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23341 on: December 16, 2018, 13:18:54 pm »

I don’t entirely agree - certainly some indisputable facts interlaced with his or her own opinion - but two fundamentals still bother me - firstly what can actually be done about the situation by vociferous fans other than words, secondly there are the continued insults to fans who either don’t agree or perhaps have other things more important in their lives - the very essence of the better “solution” means bringing fans together and such posts don’t achieve that.
I'm afraid Gareth that worrying about causing hurty feelings has long past, the fans are very much together and are in the process of forcing the council not to sell our club down the river again by doing deals with speculators who haven't shown any workable plans for our club they happen to front.
Also notice, Angry words tends to smoke them out of their hiding as they cant afford bad publicity in their quest for whatever it is they intend on doing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23342 on: December 17, 2018, 20:44:20 pm »

Personally I am still confused by this whole thing. When an outsider buys their way into the club they do so almost certainly because they believe there is an opportunity to make money. This was always going to probably involve the land in our case, and was so from day one? Match day revenue was never going to be the attraction in a million years. This is neither a surprise or revelation. It seems to me reading this that people feel they are unearthing some sort of conspiracy? This is the way almost without exception it works when an outsider buys a club. You just hope that the club gets some benefit on the playing side which it did by keeping the club in existence. Ask yourself this, at the time with the clock ticking and the club about to go down the toilet would you have offered the land as an incentive to entice KT to save the club. Or would you have got on a moral high horse and let the club fold on a point of principle? There are plenty on here talking wisely with hindsight whilst conveniently forgetting the plight at the time. Outsiders and cash investments coming in equals assets and profits going out, end of story. It has always been the case in the past, and it will always be the case in the future. That being said you are still getting into bed with the devil. And you know what they say, get into bed with the devil and you’ll get fcked in a way you’re probably not going to like?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3245

« Reply #23343 on: December 17, 2018, 21:54:03 pm »

......... get into bed with the devil and you’ll get fcked in a way you’re probably not going to like?

Melbourne, you may be the other side of the World, but, your words are closest to the mark.

The UK is about to go into Recession (fact!).

The local Council(s) haven't got a bean to give anyone, due to Intervention (fact!).

No-one buys a "Sleeping Dwarf" (fact!).

There is no Redevelopment (fact!).

Let's just accept that we have the whackiest stand in the League, and make it a focal point of our success on the pitch!

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23344 on: December 17, 2018, 23:48:34 pm »

Personally I am still confused by this whole thing. When an outsider buys their way into the club they do so almost certainly because they believe there is an opportunity to make money. This was always going to probably involve the land in our case, and was so from day one? Match day revenue was never going to be the attraction in a million years. This is neither a surprise or revelation. It seems to me reading this that people feel they are unearthing some sort of conspiracy? This is the way almost without exception it works when an outsider buys a club. You just hope that the club gets some benefit on the playing side which it did by keeping the club in existence. Ask yourself this, at the time with the clock ticking and the club about to go down the toilet would you have offered the land as an incentive to entice KT to save the club. Or would you have got on a moral high horse and let the club fold on a point of principle? There are plenty on here talking wisely with hindsight whilst conveniently forgetting the plight at the time. Outsiders and cash investments coming in equals assets and profits going out, end of story. It has always been the case in the past, and it will always be the case in the future. That being said you are still getting into bed with the devil. And you know what they say, get into bed with the devil and you’ll get fcked in a way you’re probably not going to like?

Yes, except that the bulk of the land held by CDNL was never the club's to play with. It was only ever held by CDNL. The council (all but) gifted it to the Cardozas' on the proviso that a wider development would help fund the club's East stand. After NBC got grifted, and NTFC got screwed (by its owners), it was agreed that the wider plots of land would be returned to NBC to held resolve the 10 million deficit, and to benefit the coffers of Northampton's citizens. This was part of the deal agreed between DB/KT and NBC, and I think it is the backdoor shenanigans which followed that has raised the ire of many on here.
You can comment about making deals with the devil, just as you can claim it is blindingly obvious why they came here; it's also fair to say it's about time NBC wised up when dealing with White Knights loitering around football stadiums...but none of these things make it right. Furthermore, every time NBC gets buggered by whoever holds the Sixfields Hotseat, it damages this club in the eyes of the wider public.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23345 on: December 18, 2018, 05:35:35 am »

Yes, except that the bulk of the land held by CDNL was never the club's to play with. It was only ever held by CDNL. The council (all but) gifted it to the Cardozas' on the proviso that a wider development would help fund the club's East stand. After NBC got grifted, and NTFC got screwed (by its owners), it was agreed that the wider plots of land would be returned to NBC to held resolve the 10 million deficit, and to benefit the coffers of Northampton's citizens. This was part of the deal agreed between DB/KT and NBC, and I think it is the backdoor shenanigans which followed that has raised the ire of many on here.
You can comment about making deals with the devil, just as you can claim it is blindingly obvious why they came here; it's also fair to say it's about time NBC wised up when dealing with White Knights loitering around football stadiums...but none of these things make it right. Furthermore, every time NBC gets buggered by whoever holds the Sixfields Hotseat, it damages this club in the eyes of the wider public.
maybe so Jolly, but I’m not talking about what we would like to see happen or what’s morally right, just what’s likely to happen. Outside investment from a non supporter will almost certainly only come if the said individual(s) feel there are spoils to be had. If we’re not content with that arrangement then don’t do it, or try and make sure there’s a workable alternative. Otherwise clench up and think of England!
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23346 on: December 18, 2018, 05:51:00 am »

How Melbourne's words must be sweet music to our owners.  Before long they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23347 on: December 18, 2018, 07:35:51 am »

How Melbourne's words must be sweet music to our owners.  Before long they will be laughing all the way to the bank.

The naivety shown on this board beggars belief Vintage.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3264

« Reply #23348 on: December 18, 2018, 08:17:29 am »

Some posters quote theory as fact but do not come up with a likely workable alternative to the current situation. If you want a fans owned club do something about it!

Personally whilst I would probably buy some more shares in the club I am not prepared to be a catylist with others and put the time in to make it happen, reality check!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23349 on: December 18, 2018, 08:44:23 am »

Beds is a 'successful' businessman but in the current climate, he must be suffering a similar austerity that most other businesses like his are going through?
I am surprised that based on his constant descriptions of the 'easy money' and profit to be made from owning NTFC, he hasn't put his hat into the ring to initiate and fund a takeover. 
As he has described, with minimal outlay, he would be turning a profit on his expenditure within no time at all.  If he doesn't have the 'ready cash', I am sure that his bank would assist in funding/making up the difference on his 'dead cert' business plan against his house/collateral?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23350 on: December 18, 2018, 09:19:22 am »

Beds is a 'successful' businessman but in the current climate, he must be suffering a similar austerity that most other businesses like his are going through?
I am surprised that based on his constant descriptions of the 'easy money' and profit to be made from owning NTFC, he hasn't put his hat into the ring to initiate and fund a takeover. 
As he has described, with minimal outlay, he would be turning a profit on his expenditure within no time at all.  If he doesn't have the 'ready cash', I am sure that his bank would assist in funding/making up the difference on his 'dead cert' business plan against his house/collateral?
I stand by what I want to see for the club, which is getting rid of time wasting speculators and replace with a club heavily promoted throughout town and catchment with supporters, local buisneses, sponsors and just local well wishers all wanting our club to grow to a club worthy of such a large catchment that is driven for the first time in 60 years on local pride.
Yes for this to happen Thomas would need to sell up and much organisation would be needed, but collectively all those who want to see our club escape the never ending cycle of basement football would make it happen in a steady sustainable manner that would soon see a 50% growth throughout all aspects of our club.

I'm surprised to see the usual old die hard fans of different chairman spouting off a no can do attitude and gross exageration of what it takes to build up the fortunes of a famous old club that has been dragged down for 50 years and counting, it's as if they are wishing our club remain struggling to prove they were right to yet again back the wrong horse?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23351 on: December 18, 2018, 12:35:04 pm »

I stand by what I want to see for the club, which is getting rid of time wasting speculators and replace with a club heavily promoted throughout town and catchment with supporters, local buisneses, sponsors and just local well wishers all wanting our club to grow to a club worthy of such a large catchment that is driven for the first time in 60 years on local pride.
Yes for this to happen Thomas would need to sell up and much organisation would be needed, but collectively all those who want to see our club escape the never ending cycle of basement football would make it happen in a steady sustainable manner that would soon see a 50% growth throughout all aspects of our club.

I'm surprised to see the usual old die hard fans of different chairman spouting off a no can do attitude and gross exageration of what it takes to build up the fortunes of a famous old club that has been dragged down for 50 years and counting, it's as if they are wishing our club remain struggling to prove they were right to yet again back the wrong horse?

You keep quoting unsubstantiated figures (you did it again) that could be correct or nowhere near.  If you believed what you continue to say and I was in your position, I would go for it, because it would be like printing money wouldn't it?  You've said that, so it must be.

Hopefully you weren't attributing "the usual old die hard fans of different chairman spouting off" to me because you know that that particular cap doesn't fit.
I don't particularly have a preference who the Chairman is, unless the Arab money men suddenly take an interest.  If the current Chairman is making money out of us, isn't that what you are advocating in a round about way?  They don't do it for the love of the club.
I would like our club to be in a better position both on and off the field but in the absence of any alternative within my influence, I am resigned to turning up and supporting the club within my financial and commitment limitations.
If I wasn't, I would have walked away from the club a long while before now and started following a club a lot closer than NTFC.
If you had committed as much time towards improving the club as you do on here spouting into thin air about it, we could have been in the Premier League by now.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2934

« Reply #23352 on: December 18, 2018, 13:40:20 pm »

What are the latest accounts for the club?

It would be a good start to know how much the club is leaking, and by how much Kt's crew are propping it up.

You never know, mortgaging Hamsters house might just cover the first year, then your off!

Some of you clever business pros here could easily raise heaps of cash for the club, if owned by you!

Your club needs You
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23353 on: December 18, 2018, 14:53:50 pm »

You keep quoting unsubstantiated figures (you did it again) that could be correct or nowhere near.  If you believed what you continue to say and I was in your position, I would go for it, because it would be like printing money wouldn't it?  You've said that, so it must be.

Hopefully you weren't attributing "the usual old die hard fans of different chairman spouting off" to me because you know that that particular cap doesn't fit.
I don't particularly have a preference who the Chairman is, unless the Arab money men suddenly take an interest.  If the current Chairman is making money out of us, isn't that what you are advocating in a round about way?  They don't do it for the love of the club.
I would like our club to be in a better position both on and off the field but in the absence of any alternative within my influence, I am resigned to turning up and supporting the club within my financial and commitment limitations.
If I wasn't, I would have walked away from the club a long while before now and started following a club a lot closer than NTFC.
If you had committed as much time towards improving the club as you do on here spouting into thin air about it, we could have been in the Premier League by now.

And You were doing so well until you threw out the old Arab sheikh line. We dont need such to survive and compete in the 3rd tier of English football,  and that's what a lot of our fan base are blinded by, We have enough at our disposal to gradgradually improve ntfc by 50% across all aspects of the club to allow us to take the step up.
This cant happen when land deals and leases are up for grabs by speculators.
I would be happy for them to make a fortune and look after the club in return, but the lack of any cohesive plans, drawings or the non invitation of our town and catchment these past 3.5 years to get involved with such plans , will tell you that we wont be getting anything worthwhile from these latest lot.
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23354 on: December 18, 2018, 15:45:30 pm »

A heavily promoted club throughout the town...will this work?

We aren't a little non league team that plays in a card factory division one with 68 fans, we are league two and if people from the town aren't already coming I dont think a few posters will make them think ill go spend thirteen rupees watching soccer on a Saturday afternoon.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23355 on: December 18, 2018, 17:13:02 pm »

We aren't a little non league team that plays in a card factory division one with 68 fans, we are league two and if people from the town aren't already coming I dont think a few posters will make them think ill go spend thirteen rupees watching soccer on a Saturday afternoon.

i'm not so sure.

I don't know the full ins and outs of what Lincoln City have done, but they seem to have got local people on board as well as local business and as a result their gates have increased by around 150%. Between 2009 and 2011, the last three seasons in League 2 before they were relegated they averaged between 3500 and 3900.
Now, after relegation and subsequent promotion back to the football league their average gates are up over 8000.

What have they done so right? They don't give shedloads of tickets away, their season tickets arent excessively cheap, but they have managed to do something to promote the club to the local area and have got an excellent following now.

This article from a couple of weeks back tells a story...... https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/league-two-attendances-dons-grimsby-2266318

Why do we have only 2.3% of the towns population regularly turning out in support of the Cobblers? Yes, the Saints are a big pull, but the likes of Tranmere, Oldham and Bury have big football clubs on their doorsteps yet manage to attract a bigger percentage by population.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 17:20:10 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #23356 on: December 18, 2018, 17:49:37 pm »

We have been portrayed as a back water virtual non league club by a succession of speculators who need to play down ambition to avoid having to seek investment and avoid going into it long term.
This has had a very bad knock on effect as the town find it hard to get behind a club devoid of any ambition these past 20 years.
It wouldn't take much to kick start serious intrest in the old girl, something that has never happened at our club.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 17:53:02 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #23357 on: December 19, 2018, 08:25:47 am »

It wouldn't take much to kick start serious intrest in the old girl, something that has never happened at our club.

So when are you actually going to start that process?

Ideas on an internet thread and constant slagging of the current owners (sometimes justified) doesn't make anything actually happen does it?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23358 on: December 19, 2018, 10:10:48 am »

We have been portrayed as a back water virtual non league club by a succession of speculators who need to play down ambition to avoid having to seek investment and avoid going into it long term.
This has had a very bad knock on effect as the town find it hard to get behind a club devoid of any ambition these past 20 years.

You talk so much rubbish - the opening statement says it all!  Are you on a suicidal legal adventure?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #23359 on: December 19, 2018, 11:52:03 am »

Completely agree with you Evers, I do understand some of what is being put forward,but Beds never backs his view point up with hard evidence.
It's just pure speculation on his part, he constantly refuses to come up with where any monies will come from, he has so many fool proof plans , but refuses again to put any of them into motion.
Beds, it's time for you, to put up or shut up. Any good that might come from your ideas is quickly lost by your pie in the sky thinking. So either get it moving yourself or leave the subject alone.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 [1168] 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 ... 2197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: