The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 23:21:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842614 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #23380 on: December 20, 2018, 13:12:23 pm »

In my case not "emotive statements" at all, simply statements of fact. 

Regarding the stadium all that Thomas has spent a small amount of NTFC money on is In and Out for the West Stand bogs. I am not aware of anything else. It is a woeful situation but that is not why our beloved owners are here as some of us realise and others are in denial about.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23381 on: December 20, 2018, 13:28:10 pm »

No he has brought some very cheap fencing for the away end entertainment and dining village too (about £250)

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23382 on: December 20, 2018, 13:31:36 pm »

Thanks for putting me right, Random. That leaves £3,999,750 sitting ready from the mysterious £4 million.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #23383 on: December 20, 2018, 13:43:15 pm »

yep Vintage plus he is £10k up after refuses to pay back the Trust too. Laughing all the way  ho ho ho

I just find it amazing how some fans are so delighted with what has happened to our club these past 5 years or so (let alone the previous 20) and are grateful to DC and KT, despite it being glaring obvious that neither had any real interest in the football club other than to keep it going to protect their overall (potential) investment.

As far as I am concerned KT is no better than DC, in some ways he is worse, and that is saying something

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23384 on: December 20, 2018, 13:52:07 pm »

Not sure why you have to berate fellow fans with cynical comments such as this.
Just get back to naming the six!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #23385 on: December 20, 2018, 15:12:40 pm »

yep Vintage plus he is £10k up after refuses to pay back the Trust too. Laughing all the way  ho ho ho

I just find it amazing how some fans are so delighted with what has happened to our club these past 5 years or so (let alone the previous 20) and are grateful to DC and KT, despite it being glaring obvious that neither had any real interest in the football club other than to keep it going to protect their overall (potential) investment.

As far as I am concerned KT is no better than DC, in some ways he is worse, and that is saying something

So what are you doing about the situation?........................besides typing a few words on your keyboard!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #23386 on: December 20, 2018, 16:13:58 pm »

So what are you doing about the situation?........................besides typing a few words on your keyboard!
Did he say he was going to do something about it Franky?
It's a message board.........
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3230

« Reply #23387 on: December 20, 2018, 16:20:02 pm »

You post these things regularly.

Why not just set one up for us?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23388 on: December 20, 2018, 16:25:20 pm »

Well, at least he is acknowledging that there is a situation. So a bit more than you then, eh?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23389 on: December 20, 2018, 16:27:28 pm »

Why do people keep going on about the £10,000 handed over by the Trust ? When I donated money i was under the impression it would be given to the Club to help pay staff etc. Nobody told me it was only a loan or I wouldn't have given.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23390 on: December 20, 2018, 16:43:20 pm »

Some people who are affiliated to the trust that also post on this message board personally put me right off having anything to do with the trust at all. I would wager that I am not on my own in thinking this way.

I don't trust the trust!
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23391 on: December 20, 2018, 17:06:55 pm »

Well, if you are going to be critical you need to set out clearly what you think the Trust should be doing and what it is not doing in your assessment.  I am sure Barton will rush to the defence so be prepared.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #23392 on: December 20, 2018, 17:47:04 pm »

Well, if you are going to be critical you need to set out clearly what you think the Trust should be doing and what it is not doing in your assessment.  I am sure Barton will rush to the defence so be prepared.

Some fans just wan't to pay their money and watch the game, they should never be left feeling a less worthy fan and sometimes that is how I am personally left feeling. I have never been a member but I of course have donated/chucked money in buckets in times of need.

I would also like to say that my general feelings are not directed at any one member in particular. I am sure the trust have/do/will do a worthwhile job but not at attracting people like me to ever join. I don't wish them any bad will, far from it but don't think I will be signing up any time soon  Smiley

So there you have it, that is my feelings in short on the matter. I hope they are taken in the correct manner. They might even be useful, who knows?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #23393 on: December 20, 2018, 19:18:28 pm »

Some fans just wan't to pay their money and watch the game, they should never be left feeling a less worthy fan and sometimes that is how I am personally left feeling. I have never been a member but I of course have donated/chucked money in buckets in times of need.

I would also like to say that my general feelings are not directed at any one member in particular. I am sure the trust have/do/will do a worthwhile job but not at attracting people like me to ever join. I don't wish them any bad will, far from it but don't think I will be signing up any time soon  Smiley

So there you have it, that is my feelings in short on the matter. I hope they are taken in the correct manner. They might even be useful, who knows?

I know what you're saying and I'm pretty much in the same boat. The Trust was set up with the best intentions and I actually love the idea of it in principle, I just don't really like what it has ended up as in reality.

This is probably going to sound meaner than it's intended to, but these type of voluntary organisations tend to attract a certain type of person towards them, and it's the same type of person that puts themselves forwards for most committees, focus groups, parish councils etc. I think they are generally well meaning individuals but, paradoxically, I find that the very people who are willing and able to give up their time for these things are at the same time are often the last people that should be doing them. However, the fact that they DO give up their own time makes them think they are on some sort of moral pedestal and any criticism is greeted with howls of outrage and the time honoured response of "if you think you can do any better then you do it".

In such a way, rather than being the voice of the fans, too often the Trust's slightly condescending attitude to the mere mortals amongst us that just pitch up and watch a game every other Saturday and don't want to "get involved" actually serves to create a bit of a "then and us" atmosphere.

And that, I'm afraid, is why I have never and will never want anything to do with the Trust.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 20:03:55 pm by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #23394 on: December 20, 2018, 19:56:18 pm »

So anybody that gets off their arse and does something or organises something or tries to help is the wrong sort of person? Its a good job there are a lot of these people about .
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #23395 on: December 20, 2018, 20:15:36 pm »

It certainly does say something  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23396 on: December 20, 2018, 20:35:30 pm »

I know what you're saying and I'm pretty much in the same boat. The Trust was set up with the best intentions and I actually love the idea of it in principle, I just don't really like what it has ended up as in reality.

This is probably going to sound meaner than it's intended to, but these type of voluntary organisations tend to attract a certain type of person towards them, and it's the same type of person that puts themselves forwards for most committees, focus groups, parish councils etc. I think they are generally well meaning individuals but, paradoxically, I find that the very people who are willing and able to give up their time for these things are at the same time are often the last people that should be doing them. However, the fact that they DO give up their own time makes them think they are on some sort of moral pedestal and any criticism is greeted with howls of outrage and the time honoured response of "if you think you can do any better then you do it".

In such a way, rather than being the voice of the fans, too often the Trust's slightly condescending attitude to the mere mortals amongst us that just pitch up and watch a game every other Saturday and don't want to "get involved" actually serves to create a bit of a "then and us" atmosphere.

And that, I'm afraid, is why I have never and will never want anything to do with the Trust.
Only every other Saturday? There you go!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #23397 on: December 20, 2018, 21:01:23 pm »

Only every other Saturday? There you go!  Grin

These days, yes!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest1269

« Reply #23398 on: December 20, 2018, 21:01:44 pm »

3 years on from when the "White Knight" Thomas turned up at Sixfields and absolutely no sign of any redevelopment progress or any statement of intent backed up by supporting plans etc.  The much vaunted £4 million waved under the noses of a panic stricken Council appears to have about as much reality as Santa Claus.  Yet still apologists like Cobblerswatch (are you on the club's payroll?) post in support of our owners.  He must believe in Santa.

How nice of you to single me out as an apologist or defender of KT - I’m not and haven’t (perhaps you could reference a post that supports that rather silly comment).
What I am is a supporter who is disappointed with progress off the field, practically unable to do anything about it but somewhat irritated with the constant carping by the same individuals who continue to say the same thing and do the same thing (absolutely nothing) - when any of you actually do something  tangible you might gain a degree of credibility- being a critic is the easiest job in the world and on that you excel.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23399 on: December 20, 2018, 21:29:06 pm »

How nice of you to single me out as an apologist or defender of KT - I’m not and haven’t (perhaps you could reference a post that supports that rather silly comment).
What I am is a supporter who is disappointed with progress off the field, practically unable to do anything about it but somewhat irritated with the constant carping by the same individuals who continue to say the same thing and do the same thing (absolutely nothing) - when any of you actually do something  tangible you might gain a degree of credibility- being a critic is the easiest job in the world and on that you excel.

You worry too much CW - I like KT after all he rescued us when many of us on here looked in helpless apathy.  The only progress I want to see is promotion this season and win the Chuckatrade Cup whatever it is called. Although Cornell is not the best keeper - I admire his steadfastness against some diabolical criticism. And yes it would be nice to see KT align himself firmly to the club and finish the East Stand.

Got you there VC - being a critic is the easiest job in the world and on that you excel.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 [1170] 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: