The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:51:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822085 times)
tcobb, snr.philly, RChurch, west stand oap and 59 Guests are viewing this topic.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23960 on: February 01, 2019, 15:07:11 pm »

In fairness though DC doesn’t that go with the territory? It’s fairly obvious to anyone that supporters are a passionate lot and they are naturally extremely concerned and inquisitive about the goings on at the club. Particularly when it has had such a torrid recent history as ours? I have to say if you are not prepared to tolerate the intrusion don’t get involved in the first place? As this is not KTs first venture into the football world I am pretty sure he knew what was coming so he can hardly complain?

Has he complained?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3114

« Reply #23961 on: February 01, 2019, 15:09:28 pm »

Has he complained?
no but you did, just saying.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23962 on: February 01, 2019, 15:30:53 pm »

Because he doesn't want to?
Why should he when every time he says something, it opens him up for more criticism and questioning from people who have an inflated arrogant or pompous belief that they should be informed about everything that concerns the club and it's operation?
The club's supporters collectively have been paying into and keeping our club a float for many years and will continue doing so long after the Chairman has cashed in his chips
We are fully entitled to know what is happening and decide if it's to the detriment of our club, which more often than not after a long period of silence,  it usually is.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #23963 on: February 01, 2019, 15:39:56 pm »

The club's supporters collectively have been paying into and keeping our club a float for many years and will continue doing so long after the Chairman has cashed in his chips
We are fully entitled to know what is happening and decide if it's to the detriment of our club, which more often than not after a long period of silence,  it usually is.

Absolutely. Good news will never wait.

The silence is deafening.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23964 on: February 01, 2019, 15:40:51 pm »

He's not boss of Sainbury's, that's why. You don't have several alternatives if you want to buy a tin of Cobblers.

I'm afraid your a trained member of society who has never, ever asked a challenging question of any description against your establishment.

Left, right, left, exit stage right.

Love you for loving us, but your not the right guy to ask questions, this is apparent, sadly the problem surrounding the club (and this forum) for too many years.

You obviously do not know me or the environment that I live and work in.
I can assure you that I can ask the right questions in the right way, if required, to ensure that I receive an answer that either resolves my query or provides me, along with my own knowledge, with an understanding that I can accept.  I pick my skirmishes in order for me to progress overall and go about it in a way that has some opportunity of success.  Shouting into a message board like this one or anonymously into a radio station will get you and others nowhere.  
If I was passionately wanting to know the answers to the questions that continually are asked on here that are not being made public, as some appear to do, I would have a method of asking them that would probably have a better chance of success, like 'GenCobb' has done, to provide me with answers. I am not, therefore I don't.
There are many things in life that we are not 'entitled' to have or know, although we all feel that it would be nice to have or know them.  
The sense of entitlement at no cost to the individual is one of the many recent additions to our current society that is making it more and more difficult to like what it has become.  
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 15:44:41 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23965 on: February 01, 2019, 15:42:06 pm »

no but you did, just saying.

Did I?  I don't think that I did.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23966 on: February 01, 2019, 15:46:48 pm »

Would be nice to know but "Entitled?"
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23967 on: February 01, 2019, 15:56:21 pm »

Would be nice to know but "Entitled?"
We are Northampton town not North Korea  Grin
Of course we are entitled to know what is happening at our club.
 Fans are collectively the biggest investors in the club,  something he obviously forgotten after 3 years of 
Shrouded  mystery.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23968 on: February 01, 2019, 16:11:35 pm »

We are Northampton town not North Korea  Grin
Of course we are entitled to know what is happening at our club.
 Fans are collectively the biggest investors in the club,  something he obviously forgotten after 3 years of 
Shrouded  mystery.

I've looked, but I can't see it anywhere in the small or large print of the season or match day ticket that mentions the entitlement to which you refer.
Report Spam   Logged

Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23969 on: February 01, 2019, 16:14:02 pm »

There will always be those who support the existing regime come what may. But I think we can see from this board and certainly from the comments I hear at Sixfields in the crowd that opinion is shifting and dissatisfaction with our owners is widespread and growing.  Thomas is well aware of this (it is known that Gareth Wisher is tasked with monitoring the social media platforms and reporting back to the Chairman). Do not think with the natives growing restless that today's NTFC iplayer broadcast from Chairman Thomas was a coincidence of timing.  Unfortunately, it was another hollow exercise in the art of many words but no real information.  It is called propaganda.  The tide is turning and KT is showing signs of being rattled.  Supporters quite properly are asking questions, the answers to which continue to be evaded.  
Report Spam   Logged
Humanpunk

View Profile
« Reply #23970 on: February 01, 2019, 16:20:03 pm »

I've looked, but I can't see it anywhere in the small or large print of the season or match day ticket that mentions the entitlement to which you refer.
  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Spot on, if I owned the club it would be up to me what I shared or down to legals what I couldn't share
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #23971 on: February 01, 2019, 16:28:07 pm »

NTFC is a community club - KT himself said this in an autumn media "interview" (not quite the right description but you get the idea). Community club = transparency.  No further comment needed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #23972 on: February 01, 2019, 16:37:58 pm »

You obviously do not know me or the environment that I live and work in.
I can assure you that I can ask the right questions in the right way, if required, to ensure that I receive an answer that either resolves my query or provides me, along with my own knowledge, with an understanding that I can accept.  I pick my skirmishes in order for me to progress overall and go about it in a way that has some opportunity of success.  Shouting into a message board like this one or anonymously into a radio station will get you and others nowhere.  
If I was passionately wanting to know the answers to the questions that continually are asked on here that are not being made public, as some appear to do, I would have a method of asking them that would probably have a better chance of success, like 'GenCobb' has done, to provide me with answers. I am not, therefore I don't.
There are many things in life that we are not 'entitled' to have or know, although we all feel that it would be nice to have or know them.  
The sense of entitlement at no cost to the individual is one of the many recent additions to our current society that is making it more and more difficult to like what it has become.  

Obviously I don't as this is a forum, neither would you be able to ascertain, from afar my own perspective, although you'll possibly have vague ideas just the same. Unfortunately for me forums are pretty much all I can rely on, as distance makes it impossible to be positively active other than send cash.

You may have to change your perspective on society, sadly it will not return as before and in the same regard to what all adjoins us, the club. I will gain absolutely nothing from a one to one with Kelvin, nor will you if that's your preferred method. So why bother with social media at all? As far as I was aware this forum is not for your personal "progress", whatever that may be.

Businessmen are bastards, I know, I'm one of them and to succeed you must lie at times. If you want proof look at our last incumbent, and several before.

It's not untrue to say the football club is not viable, more now than ever before. Whispering to each other wont change that.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #23973 on: February 01, 2019, 16:57:02 pm »

And as for you others who think you should not ask questions, it's quite simple.

There is only one football club in the town, it's as stand out as you want to get. "Customers" can't choose several options, walk with their feet or choose purchasing power to effect change. You are going to get speculation, questions and scrutiny FFS, if you don't want the obvious hassle that comes with it, choose a thousand other businesses.

There has to be motive. KT is not a lifelong supporter, he may like football but he's not going to put himself at risk. Ask all the questions you want, however you wish about the business because it affects you. If that pressure comes from social media, that's just the way it is these days, sadly.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23974 on: February 01, 2019, 18:31:04 pm »

NTFC is a community club - KT himself said this in an autumn media "interview" (not quite the right description but you get the idea). Community club = transparency.  No further comment needed.

I agree, however there isn't an entitlement to that information. We are in the hands of the owner(s) of the information.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3230

« Reply #23975 on: February 01, 2019, 18:45:09 pm »

That would be to fall into a trap.  GenCobb, who I understand (and correct me if I am wrong) is the person behind the podcasts needs to stay on friendly terms for obvious reasons goes to the KT fireside chat and exits with a gagging order having previously promised to tell us all post interview.  Today's "interview" is the usual contrived broadcast from a pre-arranged script with Gareth Wilsher which we all remember fondly from the Oscar winning Cardoza interviews from the Broom Cupboard.  What KT does not do is sit in front of professional journalists who may have some penetrating questions to put to him about such subjects as the East Stand, the plan hatched up with the Council for the CDNL land and let's not forget unanswered questions relating to 5USport and its investment in our club.  I wonder why.

I guarantee if you go and see him he will answer all of those for you.

I'm also pretty sure I didn't promise anything, but you know, facts are not important.

As stated before, I had similar concerns as many,  they've been answered for me - those answers I got may or may not, satisfy others - who knows - I had stuff I wanted answered, I had them answered.

In terms of KT he actually said we could cover some bits on the podcast and said report it as you see fit, if you think I'm a twat then feel free to call me a twat.

Final note, Gareth Willsher said the club is in the best state he has known and it's the most professional he has known it. But, what would he know.

BTW you are also right, we do need to keep that relationship as open as possible with the club but they'd be called out if there was a need.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #23976 on: February 01, 2019, 20:20:36 pm »

Did I?  I don't think that I did.
Just trying to make the point DC that this is one of the issues that sets football clubs apart from other businesses. I’m not saying anyone is entitled just emphasising that this is the way it is. You are also correct in stating that this is an anonymous message board where opinion can be completely irrelevant. However there’s no guarantee things will remain that way as McRitichie found out. I can’t think of another industry where your every decision is scrutinised so publicly to this extent with this amount of emotion? Whether people are entitled is another debate, but entitled or not if you buy into a football club you had better be prepared to live with it because it’s coming. I’m sure KT was aware of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #23977 on: February 01, 2019, 21:00:37 pm »

There will always be those who support the existing regime come what may. But I think we can see from this board and certainly from the comments I hear at Sixfields in the crowd that opinion is shifting and dissatisfaction with our owners is widespread and growing.  Thomas is well aware of this (it is known that Gareth Wisher is tasked with monitoring the social media platforms and reporting back to the Chairman). Do not think with the natives growing restless that today's NTFC iplayer broadcast from Chairman Thomas was a coincidence of timing.  Unfortunately, it was another hollow exercise in the art of many words but no real information.  It is called propaganda.  The tide is turning and KT is showing signs of being rattled.  Supporters quite properly are asking questions, the answers to which continue to be evaded.  

I’ll tell you how much they care... If we were in the top three 90% of this debate would disappear overnight.

There is no lower league club that can lay claim to a clear accord within its support. Even the Trust doesn’t have the luxury of aunanimous agreement on the way forward. We haven’t had a whiff of top level football for 50+ years. We've never had a single board that was universally liked. Nothing has changed at all. It’s just you and a few others believing the stories YOU'VE built 😁. Nobody gave a damn about leases, the council or anything else when Wilder wonders were storming league two.

You’re poundshop revolutionaries.... Two a penny on the internet.. 😁😁
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #23978 on: February 01, 2019, 21:26:54 pm »

I’ll tell you how much they care... If we were in the top three 90% of this debate would disappear overnight.

There is no lower league club that can lay claim to a clear accord within its support. Even the Trust doesn’t have the luxury of aunanimous agreement on the way forward. We haven’t had a whiff of top level football for 50+ years. We've never had a single board that was universally liked. Nothing has changed at all. It’s just you and a few others believing the stories YOU'VE built . Nobody gave a damn about leases, the council or anything else when Wilder wonders were storming league two.

You’re poundshop revolutionaries.... Two a penny on the internet..

Get it sorted admins. We need a like button
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #23979 on: February 01, 2019, 21:57:54 pm »

Get it sorted admins. We need a like button

Please no! This is not a facebook add on .
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 [1199] 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: