The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 15:55:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 2197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1839739 times)
Peter Frost, Larry and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24120 on: March 19, 2019, 12:47:28 pm »

And we all know your opinion, Beds, and many on here would agree with at least some of what you say, but this is the problem; you say the same thing over, and over, and over again. Seriously, you're doing nothing to strengthen your own argument. All you are doing is alienating yourself. Honestly, I've reached the stage where I rarely even bother reading beyond the first line you post.

As for Melbourne, it's a shame he's on hiatus. For whatever it's worth; I agree entirely with his viewpoint on the thread being locked.
I only ever answer questions, it was said I would never be happy even if Thomas was actually to do something,  I replied with what I'd be happy with, so not exactly repeating myself but  answering to the same old repeated questions.
Maybe if someone came up with an alternative to what I advocate that doesn't include allowing Thomas to sit on his hands year in year out waiting for a magical council windfall or whatever it is causing the serious delay, I may express a differing opinion.
Until then, as you were.
I would talk figures but it might force Melly to cut short of his break from the forum😂
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #24121 on: March 19, 2019, 12:52:41 pm »

I would talk figures but it might force Melly to cut short of his break from the forum😂

I doubt it. I think we've all gathered that figures is not your strong point. Stick to repetition.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #24122 on: March 19, 2019, 12:53:11 pm »

'precis' says the person who has posted over 13 thousand  entries......amazing!!!

In that post by Guest he used the equivalent of  15k posts? Unfortunately many of my posts just use emojis- poor stuff I know.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24123 on: March 19, 2019, 12:54:20 pm »

Does anyone else find Beds' posts to be the messageboard equivalent of the teacher's voice in the old Peanuts cartoons?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24124 on: March 19, 2019, 16:21:07 pm »

In that post by Guest he used the equivalent of  15k posts? Unfortunately many of my posts are just poor.

There you go, Evers, I corrected it for you. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #24125 on: March 19, 2019, 18:30:38 pm »

Why post this under guest3285? Just use your official non de plume?
A significant amount of your post could do with a bit of précis?

He didn’t. Once Melbourne deleted his account he became a guest
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #24126 on: March 19, 2019, 20:36:38 pm »

Seems to have gone under the radar but I see the Trust has presented the joined up sporting club aspect of Project Proud To Be to the council.  This from the "discussion" document that to the best of my knowledge they have still failed to upload anywhere officially.  Also a document that is not yet ratified or even seen by some of the Trusts own board members.

They are concerned the County Developments owned community land i.e. the running track area will be used for non club/community related development.  All good so far you think till they suggest what should be put there instead.....

4G football pitches (not sure it's big enough for pitches plural) but maybe ok I suppose.  Funded by?
The development of a "top notch" training facility for our sports clubs!!!  How big is this land and whose funding that then?  Is it going to be the first multi storey training facility?

Here's where it gets really good though....I genuinely checked it wasn't April Fools Day....

A 50 metre swimming pool or a Velodrome!!!!!

I have so many questions it's unreal.  It's like the Trust board have been infiltrated by a load of opposition supporters hell bent on taking the club down and themselves with it.

Let me start by saying half those suggestions have little to no benefit to the football club you claim to represent the supporters of.  You are a Football Club Supporters Trust.  A fkin Velodrome are you kidding me!!!!

Secondly just whose views are you representing when you decided to address the council?  Surely it 100% should be the views of your members at a minimum but in general the views of the wider NTFC fan base not individual committee members.  At what stage did any of your members or the clubs supporters ask you to go down this route?  Did someone bring up swimming pools and Velodromes at the meeting the other weekend and the "FEEL" in the room was people fancied a dip after each match....notice we don't take votes anymore just a general "FEEL" is enough.

Surely the Trusts motivation in suggesting use for this land should be driven by what's best for the club and it's fan base overall.  How can boxing in the East Stand in it's current format hold any benefits for the future development of the club.  What would your plans be for the East Stand if you took ownership?  Finish it as is?

Finally why if Project Proud To Be and Community Ownership are just at the early stages of discussion, still evolving and have no formal board/member approval are they being presented in part to the club and council.

You are supposed to be open, honest and representative of your members and the supporters of this club.

The whole thing is just bizarre to me and getting more bizarre by the day.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #24127 on: March 19, 2019, 21:18:22 pm »

The Trust do seem to be going a bit rogue, a few are starting to make decisions and then telling the many that's what they want.
Maybe the Council can ratify that they will only act on any suggestions if they think the fans have been correctly consulted.
Didn't the Trust accuse the Club of not being  transparent with the fans ? Maybe they should take a leaf out of their own book.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24128 on: March 19, 2019, 21:24:44 pm »

It’s funny how meccano seems to have gone missing since the meeting - after spending weeks drip feeding the board with buzzwords and idealism it’s interesting how most of them made it into the dodgy dossier.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #24129 on: March 19, 2019, 21:51:37 pm »

It’s funny how meccano seems to have gone missing since the meeting - after spending weeks drip feeding the board with buzzwords and idealism it’s interesting how most of them made it into the dodgy dossier.

I agree and that's why I wasn't exactly shocked with what was produced.  Could see it coming a mile off.  Just maybe not as bad as it was.  However it's obviously not wise for anyone to scapegoat an individual especially when others have admitted they were involved and are backtracking or gone silent.

Would be interested in his views on it all though and very interested in what background information was used to produce the document along with what current knowledge the Trust have of the community, youth and other aspects of the club they chose to criticise/improve.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24130 on: March 19, 2019, 22:45:30 pm »

Where has this been published?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #24131 on: March 19, 2019, 22:55:28 pm »

Where has this been published?

It's the most recent news article on the Trust website.  Says it was published on the 13th March but their website dates seem weird as I saw a tweet from them about it yesterday.

Also on their Facebook page.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24132 on: March 19, 2019, 23:10:24 pm »

It's the most recent news article on the Trust website.  Says it was published on the 13th March but their website dates seem weird as I saw a tweet from them about it yesterday.

Also on their Facebook page.

http://ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/trust-addresses-northampton-borough-council
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #24133 on: March 19, 2019, 23:15:49 pm »

As the Trust is failing to communicate with the Supporters of NTFC could they remove the piece towards the end of the article,  which states,   ".......on behalf of the supporters of Northampton Town FC ......."  It is an insult to say they are acting for the supporters when they clearly are not.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #24134 on: March 20, 2019, 00:37:36 am »

There you go, Evers, I corrected it for you. Wink

Why two commas Einstein when one is sufficient?
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24135 on: March 20, 2019, 01:34:18 am »

Why two commas Einstein when one is sufficient?

Really? Do tell which one you think is sufficient? Serious question. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #24136 on: March 20, 2019, 06:46:48 am »

Well, the second could also have been a full stop or a semicolon but as long as it introduces a pause in the words I think any of the three are acceptable.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #24137 on: March 20, 2019, 08:23:44 am »

You actually don’t know?
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #24138 on: March 20, 2019, 09:27:51 am »

https://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/gurney-s-grand-prix-plan-for-luton-1-1034043

The talk of velodromes reminds me of this.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #24139 on: March 20, 2019, 09:38:25 am »

I thought the intent of the recent meeting and the accompanying document was to 'start a conversation'. Not to take a proposal to the council!
As has been mentioned above and has been acknowledged by the Trust, the document wasn't seen by all of the Trust Board so can I ask if this statement to the council was also agreed by the board or any of the membership?

Who came up with 'top-notch', velodrome or an Olympic size pool? As per the other document its making the Trust look amateurish and just throwing out a wild wish list.
I'll be honest and say I am not a fan of the Fan Ownership proposal but I have also said I would be interested in listening to and depending on the proposal contributing financially. So far Im more concerned than I was before the meetings and these released.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... 2197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: