The Hotel End
September 15, 2019, 21:55:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 1285   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1000018 times)
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #25020 on: May 24, 2019, 21:07:04 pm »

So let me get this right,  we win an award for face painting and drinking beer out doors in the freezing cold of winter, and those who have failed  to attract investment within our vast catchment so to enable our clubs need for modernisation thus allowing it to grow and compete at the next level up...is over come with pride?
You couldn't make this 5hit up! 😂😂😂
When is this nonsense ever going to end.

Can I politely suggest you read this back in context of your many many posts.

You time and time again state the future of the club in a community involvement along with local business interest - here we have an award very much based on the club having a community approach and yet you belittle it - you frequently accuse KT of belittling the club and yet an award (of course small and not that significant) is met by you with scorn and contempt.

You also frequently state we don’t need over ambitious plans but small steps in the right direction. 

You really are no friend of our football club are you?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25021 on: May 24, 2019, 22:22:38 pm »

Can I politely suggest you read this back in context of your many many posts.

You time and time again state the future of the club in a community involvement along with local business interest - here we have an award very much based on the club having a community approach and yet you belittle it - you frequently accuse KT of belittling the club and yet an award (of course small and not that significant) is met by you with scorn and contempt.

You also frequently state we don’t need over ambitious plans but small steps in the right direction. 

You really are no friend of our football club are you?
Small steps in the right direction.. We can only wish.
I'm not being disrespectful to those great volunteers who entertain kids on a match day or put on other entertainment at our tiny shambolic ground, just at those who are using this as a shield to hide their inadequacy in doing the things they promised but time and again failed to deliver.
#thomasout
Report Spam   Logged
FrenchCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25022 on: May 24, 2019, 22:27:44 pm »

Small steps in the right direction.. We can only wish.
I'm not being disrespectful to those great volunteers who entertain kids on a match day or put on other entertainment at our tiny shambolic ground, just at those who are using this as a shield to hide their inadequacy in doing the things they promised but time and again failed to deliver.
#thomasout

BedsCobb, bęte comme ses pieds.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25023 on: May 24, 2019, 22:36:57 pm »

BedsCobb, bête comme ses pieds.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
random

View Profile
« Reply #25024 on: May 25, 2019, 11:00:16 am »

As said it is great to win an award but it certainly paints over the cracks and over played by KT as you would expect. The kids bit is well done within its boundary’s and there are good people involved however.... they are simple ideas, cheaply done with no great expensive or involvement from senior management. To be deemed a success how many of those kids / parents pay to come to the next game? Many used to leave after half time once their kids had played the half time game. That is not the kids section staff, this comes back to the lack of atmosphere, lack of entertainment on the pitch and the lack of quality comfortable facilities, things much harder and more expensive to get right.
Things must be bad at other clubs if a painted wall and PlayStation trumps every other EFL club !!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #25025 on: May 25, 2019, 13:13:25 pm »

No - what’s pathetic is a supposed grown up using terms like “Dick”, “twat” etc about other posters.

If you disagree try using proper English rather than you overbearing smug arrogant attitude laced with playground insults.
Dick and twat are both 'proper' English...whatever you might mean by that! Eytmology not your strong point?

As for, arrogant and smug...think few who know me would ever describe me as such, yet ironically, you come across as amongst the most smug and arrogant on this board!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25026 on: May 25, 2019, 14:09:02 pm »

BedsCobb, bęte comme ses pieds.

About as stupid as continually posting in French. Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
« Reply #25027 on: May 25, 2019, 22:13:30 pm »

About as stupid as continually posting in French. Kiss
says a lot about someone when they can't reply in English. Didn't know we had a French branch
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #25028 on: May 26, 2019, 01:26:57 am »

says a lot about someone when they can't reply in English. Didn't know we had a French branch
Lighten up son, its someone having a laugh. At the expense of people like you.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
« Reply #25029 on: May 26, 2019, 02:25:26 am »

Lighten up son, its someone having a laugh. At the expense of people like you.
for a start I ain't your son so you carry on speaking your foreign crap that only one other person understands on here cuz what you write in English nobody else gives a ****

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #25030 on: May 26, 2019, 07:25:18 am »

for a start I ain't your son so you carry on speaking your foreign crap that only one other person understands on here cuz what you write in English nobody else gives a ****

Oh, you're just a delight, aren't you?
Report Spam   Logged
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #25031 on: May 26, 2019, 09:56:00 am »

Lighten up folks, it is called fun. There is no rule signed at birth that you can't write in french.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #25032 on: May 26, 2019, 19:49:30 pm »

Your more than welcome. By the way, posting at 02.25 in the morning, indicates that you are quite clearly under the influence of a night down Bridge Street. Mind how you go.  Kiss

Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #25033 on: May 26, 2019, 20:53:43 pm »

Hilarious - you use a word like Eytmology and call other people smug and arrogant.

Over the years i’ve had the occasional spat with a number of posters but never resorted (or indeed have they) to the use of words of insult one would not use in polite company (or indeed without the veiled protection of a keyboard from a far off place)

Sadly to me you simply come across as a rather silly, opinionated and impolite individual who feels the need to insult anyone who either disagrees with you or posts in a manner you consider incorrect or wrong - irrespective of its “etymological” origin I personally feel the wording of those insults are unnecessary but of course feel free to continue if it helps your self esteem.

Intelligent debate, differing views and even some lighthearted nonsense in French all work to make a message board interesting - gratuitous crude insults don’t, and referencing another thread probably why a number of skilled wordsmiths and genuine wits no longer participate.
No, you used the words 'smug' and 'arrogant'. I merely pointed out that your own words ironically describe yourself to a tee!
Also ironic that you call Beds up on reading through his posts and then post the above!

As for sensible debate, yes. However, you assume there should be a level of respect...I have none for you, nor do I particularly care if you walk under a bus quite frankly!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 20:55:31 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25034 on: May 27, 2019, 15:56:26 pm »

You see.. someone can always take it down another notch...  Grin Grin

Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #25035 on: May 27, 2019, 18:15:33 pm »

You see.. someone can always take it down another notch...  Grin Grin

Indeed, you and I have our differences but never descended to either swearing abuse or wishing physical harm on each other still c’est la vie - it takes all types.
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #25036 on: May 27, 2019, 19:05:51 pm »

Would it be a good idea to set up a separate thread where people can abuse each other and leave this thread alone.
Report Spam   Logged
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #25037 on: May 27, 2019, 19:32:01 pm »

I love the Cobblers. I hate their fans.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblerwatch

View Profile
« Reply #25038 on: May 27, 2019, 19:43:08 pm »

Would it be a good idea to set up a separate thread where people can abuse each other and leave this thread alone.

Maybe I’m a bit old fashioned and I certainly welcome a heated exchange based on opinion, hopefully some facts, a bit of passion and of course the odd wind up comment - but I like it articulated in reasonably polite English - I’ve never understand why posters have to say others are talking s***e or call then twats, ****, dicks etc - as soon as they do that they lose my respect, not for the material content of their message but simply their lack of manners.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25039 on: May 27, 2019, 21:34:20 pm »

I love the Cobblers. I hate their fans.
What about the Cobblers outside speculators,  do you love or hate them?
What about cobblers fans working with the wider community who wish ntfc were free from the above but wanting for every penny raised pumped staight back into the cause of well planned growth and  infrastructure projects and not a single penny going to outsider  speculators ?
Do you hate the many Cobblers fans that keep falling victim to the charm offensive of these oily outsiders with agendas that show they're only interested in vast personal gain without having to  disclose whats in it for our club?
Which category do you fall into Mr  SOG?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 21:36:30 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 ... 1285   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: