The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:01:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820753 times)
guest3293

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #25220 on: July 29, 2019, 21:21:19 pm »

Previously I have bought shares in the club and therefore went to the AGM of NTFC and asked relevant questions to KT!

So Frenchie, YES 'BBS is very proactive'...........and you have done what proactively?

Corr you try and compliment someone!
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25221 on: July 30, 2019, 02:13:58 am »

Will this thread ever overtake the Paul Pogba one? https://www.juventuz.com/threads/paul-pogba.34761/page-2486

2486 pages - 49,710 posts, A fantastic effort all round.
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25222 on: July 30, 2019, 06:50:21 am »

Do you? Or have you just posted it on a messageboard that Kelvin Thomas doesn't give one jot about?
This forum was a major irritant to him 3 years ago, you must be forgetting how in the beginning how he used social media to the extreme when getting you on side by telling you work was imminent on the East stand without even disclosing working plans! The very same form of communication has now made him virtually silent over this past year or so.
You can stop the people thinking for only for so long, some it takes a little longer but eventually the cap doffing has to stop.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25223 on: July 30, 2019, 07:04:57 am »

Did we get more than %2 before?  And I don't mean on seasons we were winning the league.

I just think people round here prefer rugby,  less drama, a lot less.
During the rising popularity of football over these past 20 years most clubs if not all have embraced the modern game by evolving, well nearly all , Northampton town being the only exception,  who despite having a local population boom have bucked the trend and regressed as a club, shrinking its market share and alienating itself from the catchment it represents.
This is why we're probably the worst supported club in Britain.
Don't try and make excuses as to why this is, look no further than us, for 2 decades, being used to facilitate the aquirement of valuble land thats very unlikely to benefit our club in anyway.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25224 on: July 30, 2019, 07:13:07 am »

Corr you try and compliment someone!
He was replying to Wassacobbler, asking him what he's done thats proactive.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25225 on: July 30, 2019, 08:36:51 am »

During the rising popularity of football over these past 20 years most clubs if not all have embraced the modern game by evolving, well nearly all , Northampton town being the only exception,  who despite having a local population boom have bucked the trend and regressed as a club, shrinking its market share and alienating itself from the catchment it represents.
This is why we're probably the worst supported club in Britain.
Don't try and make excuses as to why this is, look no further than us, for 2 decades, being used to facilitate the aquirement of valuble land thats very unlikely to benefit our club in anyway.

So... Who do you want to get that land?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25226 on: July 30, 2019, 09:27:34 am »

So... Who do you want to get that land?
I would like the football club to retain its oringal footprint that goes out just beyond the running track and a bit of the field. That secures the future intrests of access around Sixfields.
All other land that runs from midway running track field all the way down to the saints should be shared by Cardoza,  Thomas and co, the Bushey boys and NBC boys and girls as way of bonus, should they get the deal done by tomorrow, thus allowing our club to restart debt free and in the hands of those who only want the very best for it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25227 on: July 30, 2019, 11:32:29 am »

A bit more from last Thursdays meeting.
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/council-leader-answers-cobblers-fans-questions-over-sixfields-redevelopment-delays-1-9015656
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25228 on: July 30, 2019, 12:23:18 pm »

I would like the football club to retain its oringal footprint that goes out just beyond the running track and a bit of the field. That secures the future intrests of access around Sixfields.
All other land that runs from midway running track field all the way down to the saints should be shared by Cardoza,  Thomas and co, the Bushey boys and NBC boys and girls as way of bonus, should they get the deal done by tomorrow, thus allowing our club to restart debt free and in the hands of those who only want the very best for it.

Take your pick....

Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #25229 on: July 30, 2019, 13:08:07 pm »

That area at the back of the east is an embarrassment to the town,KT and the council ougta be ashamed of the mess they have created between them
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #25230 on: July 30, 2019, 13:09:14 pm »

In summary, the way I see things currently:

Based on last Thursdays meeting, and what the council leader told us at it (we have not heard anything from the football club in response)..essentially, its all at a standstill.

The council's stance is, KT needs to transfer a big chunk of land back to NTFC. And build the stand. Then he can start development.

I guess the sticking points, and we can own surmise is (a) why he hasn't transferred the land back, and (b) why he hasn't built the stand. Those two actions would enable him and his investors to make a decent ROI, or at least we can assume they can.

And of course (c) he *maybe* wants written assurances, legally binding etc.

Of course, (c) wasn't part of the original agenda on taking over the club. That land became available at a later date, purchased for I believe 170k. Or could he thinks differently? And that the land purchased for 170k, was all part of the original 'package'. Maybe Vintage would elaborate on that, he's got a far better understanding on the 'detail' of all of this than myself.

Note, Im not displaying any opinion here, and if Im factually incorrect in any way I will edit it.

Its important that as much clarity is sourced on this matter so people can make up their own minds as to how they feel about things. Either way, a resolution would surely be in all parties favours, buts its absolutely integral that 'all parties' includes NTFC as well as our investors and the council.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #25231 on: July 30, 2019, 14:38:13 pm »

What a complete mess. Time for KT to come out and give us a proper update not the normal skirting around the real issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #25232 on: July 30, 2019, 14:44:40 pm »

It’s fair to say that KC seems to have gone to ground - when was the last broom cupboard “update”?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #25233 on: July 30, 2019, 14:48:17 pm »

It’s fair to say that KC seems to have gone to ground - when was the last broom cupboard “update”?

I know you mean KT Irchy  Grin and yes we've had to wait along time since the last update. That makes it all the more worrying.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #25234 on: July 30, 2019, 15:56:59 pm »

Didn't the trust have a member on the board of ntfc when the land was signed over to CDNL?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25235 on: July 30, 2019, 16:00:45 pm »

Clarkey, I don't think you're allowed to mention that !!😁
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25236 on: July 30, 2019, 16:20:55 pm »

So Councillor Nunn has clarified the question about lack of plans for BOTH the land and the Stand.

Its pretty obvious to me that the Council were not expecting the owners of the football club to come in and take the ownership of the leases for the land. If the Council had come back into possession of the leases through the liquidation of CDNL's assets we wouldn't be in the mess we are today.

Was that the point when the current boards true ambitions were revealed?

That said, it was coming across that the football club (ie KT) was the one pushing for normalisation of the leases, to return a section of land back to the club.....why hasn't this been done yet?

In all this I've heard KT say numerous times that the club is up for sale, or that he'd seek extra investment into the club, but never once has he said the same about CDNL. There is no link between the Club and CDNL other than them having the same owners. And there is no guarantee that anything achieved from the land next door would ever find its way back to the football club.

I'm with Beds on this one, return the FULL athletics track land back to the football club via the Council, i'm not particularly bothered what gets built on the remainder of the land, it should be nothing to do with the football club anyway.

Cardoza with LxB, then Cardoza with First Land and County Developments, and now Thomas with CDNL.....enough already!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25237 on: July 30, 2019, 16:41:30 pm »

Didn't the trust have a member on the board of ntfc when the land was signed over to CDNL?

I'm pretty sure it was the Trust member that signed the document..

But like tcobb said. I don't think we’re supposed to mention that.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25238 on: July 30, 2019, 17:12:16 pm »

It shows the danger of being too cozy and trusting of those who have an alternative reason for being at our club..
It was this scenario that allowed Cardoza to ride roughshod over decent and trusting, trust members signing dubious documentation forcing a resignation.
Our clubs motto should now be, "He who sups with devil, should have a long spoon"
Fortunately lesson's have been learned.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25239 on: July 30, 2019, 17:48:16 pm »

Can you explain what document you are referring to.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 [1262] 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: