The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:54:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821051 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #25620 on: September 25, 2019, 13:25:35 pm »

I know when I was involved with NTFC under Cardoza the turnover was over £3m so the figures Beds quote is not far out, don't understand why some of you think it is wrong.

The club does basically run itself, our two owners spend around 6 days per month in total between them on the premises. Every staff manager (commercial, secretary, media, ticket office etc) has been in their job for at least 4 years, some 15 years+

DC ran the club for 4 seasons on an almost no investment basis, it can be done, but a cannot-do attitude seems to be the default position for many supporters.

I know when I have posted a sensible, passionate and detailed review, plan or appeal those nay-sayers never post an argument or discussion or comment. Beds has posted £4m turnover, get loads of abuse yet those posters provide no evidence to prove him wrong or suggest what the figure they believe to be true.

We as a professional football club cannot get much lower, we have the smallest capacity for a long term established club in the league, yet we have one of biggest catchment areas (sorry catchment area upsets some fans, i expect because it highlights so clearly how we underperform as a business).
I am envious of even clubs like Rochdale (who tonight play Man U away) who have played in League 1 for 8 out of the last 10 years v us 2 /10. Their ground capacity is 10.5k and average attendance is 3.5k

Well said. There are posters on this board that just like to pick on others and Beds is an easy target because he is consistent in his beliefs and unafraid to share them. This club is currently stagnant as the owners have only one goal and that is to take a wad and run. Any implied promise to finish the East Stand was just hot air and has failed to materialise. They will not invest in moving us on because they are unwilling to spend either time or effort on it.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #25621 on: September 25, 2019, 14:00:49 pm »

Firstly, our income is £4m plus, and it is that, that  pays the players and covers the clubs running costs.. You sound surprised?
Secondly,  why are you still under the impression that Thomas has any plans to build up our clubs infrastructure? He has no plans and will not be doing anything anytime soon! Surprised you again, haven't I?
Milton Keynes Don's will be turning over £1m tonight v Liverpool, they are doing just fine.
As for building up our support base,  being a supporters run club, solid in the community playing at an atmospheric stadium would build up the core support by a third in a very short time and allow us to challenge in L1, leading to a bright future...
I find it amazing how you hang on to every word of  uttered by passing speculators and defend the belittling nonsence spouted by them, then get angry at anyone who tries to put you to rights.

I didn't say Thomas was going to build the stand I said that why wouldn't he if it as simple as you make out.

I also didn't say the Franchise wasn't doing okay, I said that they weren't getting home crowds of 20k plus, which you believe are possible with catchment area.

I didn't say we couldn't build up our supporter base, I said that it isn't as simple as you make out.

I am also not hanging onto every word that as you put it speculators say. I just don't believe it is as easy as you claim.

We all want a club that is going forward and progressive. I have posted previously how we need to be self sufficient and run more by supporters and also have a future vision for the club. What I am stating is that it isn't as simple as you make out and it has to be done correctly. It can be done with the involvement of the right people with the right determination.

Most of us want this for our club and I think it is really bad that you attack people as being pawns and sycophants of KT we aren't! I and many others just think that you haven't thought it through logically and accurately.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25622 on: September 25, 2019, 14:09:16 pm »

I didn't say Thomas was going to build the stand I said that why wouldn't he if it as simple as you make out.

I also didn't say the Franchise wasn't doing okay, I said that they weren't getting home crowds of 20k plus, which you believe are possible with catchment area.

I didn't say we couldn't build up our supporter base, I said that it isn't as simple as you make out.

I am also not hanging onto every word that as you put it speculators say. I just don't believe it is as easy as you claim.

We all want a club that is going forward and progressive. I have posted previously how we need to be self sufficient and run more by supporters and also have a future vision for the club. What I am stating is that it isn't as simple as you make out and it has to be done correctly. It can be done with the involvement of the right people with the right determination.

Most of us want this for our club and I think it is really bad that you attack people as being pawns and sycophants of KT we aren't! I and many others just think that you haven't thought it through logically and accurately.

What do you think is best then?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25623 on: September 25, 2019, 14:33:12 pm »

Well said. There are posters on this board that just like to pick on others and Beds .........................................

I agree that Beds has suffered direct abuse from some on here and most of it unwarranted and 'ungentlemanly'.
It is pointless suggesting that some posters pick on others when you do it quite often - an example of this is your unpleasant comment made against Melbourne fairly recently.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #25624 on: September 25, 2019, 14:40:27 pm »

I agree that Beds has suffered direct abuse from some on here and most of it unwarranted and 'ungentlemanly'.
It is pointless suggesting that some posters pick on others when you do it quite often - an example of this is your unpleasant comment made against Melbourne fairly recently.

What was it? By the way just so you understand. 'Picking on' requires a lot more than just one comment and generally goes arm-in-arm with others so maybe you could highlight these too.

Good read here re the devilish land grabber brigade:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49787539
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #25625 on: September 25, 2019, 14:41:10 pm »

Firstly, our income is £4m plus, and it is that, that  pays the players and covers the clubs running costs.. You sound surprised?
Secondly,  why are you still under the impression that Thomas has any plans to build up our clubs infrastructure? He has no plans and will not be doing anything anytime soon! Surprised you again, haven't I?
Milton Keynes Don's will be turning over £1m tonight v Liverpool, they are doing just fine.
As for building up our support base,  being a supporters run club, solid in the community playing at an atmospheric stadium would build up the core support by a third in a very short time and allow us to challenge in L1, leading to a bright future...
I find it amazing how you hang on to every word of  uttered by passing speculators and defend the belittling nonsence spouted by them, then get angry at anyone who tries to put you to rights.

He didnt. He said £4M plus the 5000 regulars, i.e income from the attendance at games, season tickets etc.

Quote:

A football club that has a £4m income from TV, skysports, league affiliation payments etc.  Has plus 5000 regulars and a huge untapped catchment at its disposal, you will find just about runs itself.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #25626 on: September 25, 2019, 15:12:04 pm »

What was it? By the way just so you understand. 'Picking on' requires a lot more than just one comment and generally goes arm-in-arm with others so maybe you could highlight these too.

Good read here re the devilish land grabber brigade:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49787539

Well you asked for it :

138    The Hotel End / Cobblers Corner / Re: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?
on: July 14, 2019, 09:10:39 am

160    The Hotel End / Cobblers Corner / Re: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?
on: June 26, 2019, 17:07:23 pm

All against poor old Melly - not forgetting a few others you have targeted such as Pedji.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #25627 on: September 25, 2019, 15:15:27 pm »

He didnt. He said £4M plus the 5000 regulars, i.e income from the attendance at games, season tickets etc.

Quote:

A football club that has a £4m income from TV, skysports, league affiliation payments etc.  Has plus 5000 regulars and a huge untapped catchment at its disposal, you will find just about runs itself.

Still feel this is a Bedfordian Gem : -  "you will find just about runs itself"
Report Spam   Logged

EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25628 on: September 25, 2019, 15:47:39 pm »

why are you still under the impression that Thomas has any plans to build up our clubs infrastructure? He has no plans and will not be doing anything anytime soon!

The club apparently runs itself so he has no need to do anything, he`s following your advice that no investment is required.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25629 on: September 25, 2019, 16:12:31 pm »

Well you asked for it :

138    The Hotel End / Cobblers Corner / Re: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?
on: July 14, 2019, 09:10:39 am

160    The Hotel End / Cobblers Corner / Re: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?
on: June 26, 2019, 17:07:23 pm

All against poor old Melly - not forgetting a few others you have targeted such as Pedji.

Oh, I get it now. You ain't wearing any trousers are you?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25630 on: September 25, 2019, 16:23:56 pm »

They keep things on tick over from the clubs steady income, hence runs itself!
They aren't interested in building up the infrastructure and thus keeping the club subjected to a meagre L2 existence.
 Fortunes made through land deals are what is important to them.
I believe they hold our football club and its town in very poor regards.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #25631 on: September 25, 2019, 16:37:35 pm »

Do supporters feel a sustained protest campaign against KT and DB would promote some action?

that is if you knew when they would be at a game!

should such action be orchestrated by the Trust?

or should we just sit on our keyboards and pontificate?Huh??
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25632 on: September 25, 2019, 17:47:47 pm »

I know when I have posted a sensible, passionate and detailed review, plan or appeal those nay-sayers never post an argument or discussion or comment. Beds has posted £4m turnover, get loads of abuse yet those posters provide no evidence to prove him wrong or suggest what the figure they believe to be true.

No nay-sayers here. We all want the same as you. A progressive, forward thinking club, that exploits its potential. And we are all doing as much as you to achieve it.

That doesn’t mean that it is unfair or bullying to ask someone who breaks ranks and posts figures to reinforce their point, to explain how they arrived at those figures.

One of the things that I respect Vintage for, is his attention to detail and what he knows. Ok... he has zero ability when it comes to diplomacy and generating co-operation.   Grin But he does his homework. I like that.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25633 on: September 25, 2019, 18:35:04 pm »

Do supporters feel a sustained protest campaign against KT and DB would promote some action?

that is if you knew when they would be at a game!

should such action be orchestrated by the Trust?

or should we just sit on our keyboards and pontificate?Huh??
I've for a long time now been fed up of the inactivity and all the pretence from the clubs outsider speculator owners, so I boycott home games and will instead donate to the trust.
I'm not one bit surprised that we find ourselves scratching around aimlessly in L2 as the clubs owners are only doing what most already knew would happen over 3 years ago!
 It needs to be pointed out that our only hope of progression from our very lowly position is taking the shape of a very proactive community club in which every penny raised is used for the sole benefit of the club.
All we need from those currently seeking great swathes of Sixfields land is how long do they intend to keep up this nonsense?
What's their exit strategy and how much if any damaging debts have been levied against our club.
I assume the £5m plus will be wrote off from the fortunes made from the land grab and their complete failure to do what they suggested they would do!

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25634 on: September 25, 2019, 19:07:30 pm »

Just to be clear on the picking on and abuse issue. This was instigated initially when Beds and his cronies were challenged re their suggestions. Anyone who did so was rounded on like a pack of dogs and torn into for even daring to suggest the proposals were flawed. Individuals were accused of “not being supporters” “mindlessly lapping up the false promises” of KT etc etc. For me personally I remember it quite well. Beds suggested at that time that any capital required would be readily available from the banks. Having a lot of experience of doing this personally I pointed out that this would be unlikely and used the Cardozas needing to use the council as an example. That did it, I was accused  of nonsense, dragging our club towards oblivion the lot. Beds actually said and I’m paraphrasing “since when would the banks turn down the opportunity to invest in a great business”. You see the bottom line is that the level of arrogance is astonishing. In their heads, every proposal put forward by this lot is a work of genius, flawless in its planning, simple, cheap and without risk. Therefore when a plan is challenged it can’t possibly be because its a sh1t idea, so the poster has to be lapping up the chairman’s rhetoric whilst the club is destroyed and content to see the club languishing at the foot of the league etc etc etc. you know the commentary we have all seen it before. So when I got targeted I decided to dish it out a bit and point out the usual suspects were talking absolute tripe and decided to stick up for people who were trying to use a bit of common sense in their deliberations. Whilst I am on the receiving end of a bit of abuse whilst I dish this out the difference is I couldn’t give a fck. Whilst a bit of a laugh its all a bit of a waste of time as none of this sh1te will ever make it past this board. However, if people are getting a bit sensitive about getting a bit of stick can I suggest they stop dishing it out. In my defence can I point out that I have had many a debate and disagreement with Vintage on this thread. I challenge anyone to find a single word of abuse or ridicule towards the bloke from me. Do you know why, because he doesn’t act like a play ground bully abusing anyone for being different. But don’t come on here telling me that giving abuse to this lot is out of order, they were happy to dish it out initially without justification (to me included) so tough sh1t.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25635 on: September 25, 2019, 19:22:12 pm »

On a separate note it’s a fact that the club turns over 4 million. It is also a fact that turnover is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is the balance sheet.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25636 on: September 25, 2019, 19:23:41 pm »

Just to be clear on the picking on and abuse issue. This was instigated initially when Beds and his cronies were challenged re their suggestions. Anyone who did so was rounded on like a pack of dogs and torn into for even daring to suggest the proposals were flawed. Individuals were accused of “not being supporters” “mindlessly lapping up the false promises” of KT etc etc. For me personally I remember it quite well. Beds suggested at that time that any capital required would be readily available from the banks. Having a lot of experience of doing this personally I pointed out that this would be unlikely and used the Cardozas needing to use the council as an example. That did it, I was accused  of nonsense, dragging our club towards oblivion the lot. Beds actually said and I’m paraphrasing “since when would the banks turn down the opportunity to invest in a great business”. You see the bottom line is that the level of arrogance is astonishing. In their heads, every proposal put forward by this lot is a work of genius, flawless in its planning, simple, cheap and without risk. Therefore when a plan is challenged it can’t possibly be because its a sh1t idea, so the poster has to be lapping up the chairman’s rhetoric whilst the club is destroyed and content to see the club languishing at the foot of the league etc etc etc. you know the commentary we have all seen it before. So when I got targeted I decided to dish it out a bit and point out the usual suspects were talking absolute tripe and decided to stick up for people who were trying to use a bit of common sense in their deliberations. Whilst I am on the receiving end of a bit of abuse whilst I dish this out the difference is I couldn’t give a fck. Whilst a bit of a laugh its all a bit of a waste of time as none of this sh1te will ever make it past this board. However, if people are getting a bit sensitive about getting a bit of stick can I suggest they stop dishing it out. In my defence can I point out that I have had many a debate and disagreement with Vintage on this thread. I challenge anyone to find a single word of abuse or ridicule towards the bloke from me. Do you know why, because he doesn’t act like a play ground bully abusing anyone for being different. But don’t come on here telling me that giving abuse to this lot is out of order, they were happy to dish it out initially without justification (to me included) so tough sh1t.
Just a few corrections,  at no time did I suggest the bank giving an ailing club money!
It was you suggesting in your over exaggerating best saying we need £30m minimum to escape Thomas, this of course is nonsense, I'm all for backing a well run community club to give our club the boost it needs to show some steady sustainable growth over a 5 year period to become a challenging L1 club.
Big difference.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25637 on: September 25, 2019, 20:12:12 pm »

They’re not correctional, they’re more bullsh1t
Report Spam   Logged

1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #25638 on: September 25, 2019, 20:52:49 pm »

Just a few corrections,  at no time did I suggest the bank giving an ailing club money!
It was you suggesting in your over exaggerating best saying we need £30m minimum to escape Thomas, this of course is nonsense, I'm all for backing a well run community club to give our club the boost it needs to show some steady sustainable growth over a 5 year period to become a challenging L1 club.
Big difference.

I hope to add a bit of neutral context here when I say that you two appear to be talking about two separate levels of progression;

Beds - a challenging L1 club.
Melbourne - (I think?) Circa 15-20m to make a sustainable challenge to go for Championship level.

Is that correct, because if it is, you are both likely to be right?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 20:59:17 pm by 1971cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25639 on: September 25, 2019, 21:02:19 pm »

I hope to add a bit of neutral context here when I say that you two appear to be talking about two separate levels of progression;

Beds - a challenging L1 club.
Melbourne - (I think?) Circa 20-25m to get into and sustain Championship level.

Is that correct, because if it is, you are both likely to be right?
That's correct, but to get to next level is essential, something that both Cardoza and now Thomas have denied our club.
Maybe Melbourne wants to go straight into the championship by throwing £30m at it without the steady building up of the club and its support base?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 [1282] 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: