The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 16:31:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1846507 times)
EB Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25640 on: September 25, 2019, 21:23:59 pm »

That's correct, but to get to next level is essential, something that both Cardoza and now Thomas have denied our club.
Maybe Melbourne wants to go straight into the championship by throwing £30m at it without the steady building up of the club and its support base?
We did get to the next level under Thomas, we just didn't stay there despite him throwing unprecedented (for NTFC) amounts of money at the playing side of the club. It's not surprising he seems reluctant to spend out on the East Stand, with his luck it would probably be hit by an earthquake within days of being finished.
The Championship is still my dream if I live long enough to ever see it, but I think we need a billionaire to make that happen.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25641 on: September 26, 2019, 01:17:32 am »

Just a few corrections,  at no time did I suggest the bank giving an ailing club money!
It was you suggesting in your over exaggerating best saying we need £30m minimum to escape Thomas, this of course is nonsense, I'm all for backing a well run community club to give our club the boost it needs to show some steady sustainable growth over a 5 year period to become a challenging L1 club.
Big difference.
You keep spouting the 30 million figure if it makes you feel better numb nuts. Don’t change the fact that I ain’t said it though.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:22:05 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25642 on: September 26, 2019, 01:23:42 am »

I hope to add a bit of neutral context here when I say that you two appear to be talking about two separate levels of progression;

Beds - a challenging L1 club.
Melbourne - (I think?) Circa 15-20m to make a sustainable challenge to go for Championship level.

Is that correct, because if it is, you are both likely to be right?
Id say that’s a fair assessment from my side. Beds has gone from Championship/Prem with a completely redeveloped ground to League one and a make over and all points in between so your guess is as good as anyone’s?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 02:31:23 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25643 on: September 26, 2019, 07:07:30 am »

May I suggest a separate  Beds/Melbourne thread so the rest of us can ignore it? Better still can they message each other ?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25644 on: September 26, 2019, 07:12:50 am »

We did get to the next level under Thomas, we just didn't stay there despite him throwing unprecedented (for NTFC) amounts of money at the playing side of the club. It's not surprising he seems reluctant to spend out on the East Stand, with his luck it would probably be hit by an earthquake within days of being finished.
The Championship is still my dream if I live long enough to ever see it, but I think we need a billionaire to make that happen.

The next level for me is to play in and compete at League 1 level.
Unfortunately Thomas thought he'd cracked it but like all other false Dawn's our ground was found wanting and losing £300,000 a season at the gate due to having a tiny uninspiring ground not fit for purpose, yet again became our downfall as we soon got relegated out of it!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 07:14:42 am by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #25645 on: September 26, 2019, 08:28:57 am »

What do you think is best then?

I would like us to look closely at the model Exeter have achieved, when we were down there last season I thought it was a great set up and something to build on. I also think we should look at a progressive model of bringing through good youth players and having a manager (or director of football) in a long term position to follow the philosophy through for a long period of time.

I think once we get the basics right then we can grow as a sustainable league 1 team and eventually a championship side. How we get there is the difficult one. I believe it would need The Trust or another similar group of fans to push local businesses for financial support but with the majority of the club owned by the fans. I believe what Beds is saying has some merit but I just don't agree with the constant slating of the chairmen and owner and the figures that have been thrown about without foundation a lot of the time.

In fact I think most supporters want the same thing for the club but all we ever seem to do is go round and round in circles on here arguing about the same things.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25646 on: September 26, 2019, 08:47:51 am »

May I suggest a separate  Beds/Melbourne thread so the rest of us can ignore it? Better still can they message each other ?

The only reason that this thread is retained is in order for all of the 'discussion' about the Redevelopment (or lack of) can be contained within one thread and limit the contamination of others.  
Believe me, this thread would have been closed down well before 100 pages if not.  (This was and is the Moderators agreed decision)
You are all aware of the thread content and that it contains volumes of repetitive 'discussion' that has the effect of achieving absolutely nothing aside from inflating the self determined egotistical importance of some on here.  
Remember that you all have the option of ignoring it and, more importantly, not responding or adding to it.  Unfortunately I (we) do not have an option of not to read.  Wink
If there is there is any improvement and/or important 'news' about the Redevelopment that justifies and warrants wider publicity, a new thread will be created to ensure those that do ignore this thread will be informed.
If posters starved the thread of any responses it may disappear, unfortunately I don't believe that that will happen.
In the meantime, the thread remains solely for the reason in the first line above.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3086

« Reply #25647 on: September 26, 2019, 08:58:12 am »

I would like us to look closely at the model Exeter have achieved, when we were down there last season I thought it was a great set up and something to build on. I also think we should look at a progressive model of bringing through good youth players and having a manager (or director of football) in a long term position to follow the philosophy through for a long period of time.

I think once we get the basics right then we can grow as a sustainable league 1 team and eventually a championship side. How we get there is the difficult one. I believe it would need The Trust or another similar group of fans to push local businesses for financial support but with the majority of the club owned by the fans. I believe what Beds is saying has some merit but I just don't agree with the constant slating of the chairmen and owner and the figures that have been thrown about without foundation a lot of the time.

In fact I think most supporters want the same thing for the club but all we ever seem to do is go round and round in circles on here arguing about the same things.

Exeter is fan-owned which fits in, I believe, with Beds aspirations but requires in my view some significant input from someone or some group. It does not appear so far as I am aware that there is enough energy behind our Trust to achieve this and sometimes it needs desperate times to stir up that energy. Our current owners do not seem willing to release the club until they have at least recouped their losses from the land. Perhaps when they have we should be ready to pursue a fan-owned club.

I do not believe we can just sit and hope a billionaire arrives to throw money at the club and at any rate that often doesn't work out well.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25648 on: September 26, 2019, 09:04:58 am »

Which figures are you unsure of?
The average income of L2 clubs is not a secret.

I was refering to the question asked of you by TFAMH, but I don't think I will hold me breath wating for an answer as you seem to be incapable of supporting your stupid little statements with any sort of factual evidence.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #25649 on: September 26, 2019, 09:09:22 am »

Unfortunately Thomas thought he'd cracked it but like all other false Dawn's our ground was found wanting and losing £300,000 a season at the gate due to having a tiny uninspiring ground not fit for purpose, yet again became our downfall as we soon got relegated out of it!

Yet again more figures pulled out of your árse.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #25650 on: September 26, 2019, 09:38:25 am »

Exeter is fan-owned which fits in, I believe, with Beds aspirations but requires in my view some significant input from someone or some group. It does not appear so far as I am aware that there is enough energy behind our Trust to achieve this and sometimes it needs desperate times to stir up that energy. Our current owners do not seem willing to release the club until they have at least recouped their losses from the land. Perhaps when they have we should be ready to pursue a fan-owned club.

I do not believe we can just sit and hope a billionaire arrives to throw money at the club and at any rate that often doesn't work out well.

I agree, and to be honest I probably wouldn't want a billionaire to take us on unless he was already a fan. Still I will continue to do the euromillions and hope my missus lets me spend it on The Cobblers if I win  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25651 on: September 26, 2019, 10:00:29 am »

The only reason that this thread is retained is in order for all of the 'discussion' about the Redevelopment (or lack of) can be contained within one thread and limit the contamination of others.  
Believe me, this thread would have been closed down well before 100 pages if not.  (This was and is the Moderators agreed decision)
You are all aware of the thread content and that it contains volumes of repetitive 'discussion' that has the effect of achieving absolutely nothing aside from inflating the self determined egotistical importance of some on here.  
Remember that you all have the option of ignoring it and, more importantly, not responding or adding to it.  Unfortunately I (we) do not have an option of not to read.  Wink
If there is there is any improvement and/or important 'news' about the Redevelopment that justifies and warrants wider publicity, a new thread will be created to ensure those that do ignore this thread will be informed.
If posters starved the thread of any responses it may disappear, unfortunately I don't believe that that will happen.
In the meantime, the thread remains solely for the reason in the first line above.
Not really accurate though DC is it? When the fan ownership thread got hijacked that got merged with this one degenerating it into the same repetitive nonsense on here? So it’s not really seperate as all points lead here should some make the decision to take it that way, which was my original point? Since everyone seems thoroughly fed up with it I’m happy to knock it on the head. I think The vast majority understand the point got made about 12 - 18!months ago anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25652 on: September 26, 2019, 10:21:34 am »

Not really accurate though DC is it? When the fan ownership thread got hijacked that got merged with this one degenerating it into the same repetitive nonsense on here? So it’s not really seperate as all points lead here should some make the decision to take it that way, which was my original point? Since everyone seems thoroughly fed up with it I’m happy to knock it on the head. I think The vast majority understand the point got made about 12 - 18!months ago anyway?

It's all part of a similar subject(s) which this thread has covered over the years, Redevelopment was the original title which is now the dumping ground for Redevelopment, takeover, land grabbing, council v club etc etc...  Some threads that start off with all good intentions, get hijacked by talk that is better located within this one and are merged.  (These are the Moderators agreed decisions)
By the way, the repetitive points have been made for a lot longer than 12-18 months, this thread was created 2012 but similar discussions, with no end product, were being had well before that. 
There is nothing wrong with this thread remaining open, it keeps the other threads for talking football.
My post was just reminding that those who do not want to read and/or contribute have the option of ignoring it without fear of missing something when/if anything substantial happens. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25653 on: September 26, 2019, 11:05:41 am »

It's all part of a similar subject(s) which this thread has covered over the years, Redevelopment was the original title which is now the dumping ground for Redevelopment, takeover, land grabbing, council v club etc etc...  Some threads that start off with all good intentions, get hijacked by talk that is better located within this one and are merged.  (These are the Moderators agreed decisions)
By the way, the repetitive points have been made for a lot longer than 12-18 months, this thread was created 2012 but similar discussions, with no end product, were being had well before that. 
There is nothing wrong with this thread remaining open, it keeps the other threads for talking football.
My post was just reminding that those who do not want to read and/or contribute have the option of ignoring it without fear of missing something when/if anything substantial happens. Grin
Fair enough, just saying. I didn’t realise it had been running on the same theme for that long?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #25654 on: September 26, 2019, 13:54:43 pm »

Fair enough, just saying. I didn’t realise it had been running on the same theme for that long?
I first joined the forum under another name in 2013 and caught up on the thread from page one so have read it all.
It made brilliant reading at least for me, in the first few years, both funny and informative. In the Cardoza days something was happening (or not happening) everyday. Posters like GPC were genuinely inquiring in a fair and insightful way, and when opinionated whoch wasnt often, almost always proven right. Cobblertone played second fiddle in spinning the info in a humorous way.Ditto Jolly Cobbler. Marvo was the statto apologist who couldn't half put up an arguement against the general consensus. Marquis, with his matter of fact humour and real time info chipped in, while Leeleestar was if I remember right, the first to take Cardoza on face to face at an open forum and call him out. Many others like TFAMH, Vintage, Drilling, Barton all made valuable contributions. Others like Cobblerwatch needed more convincing than most as to the dubious nature and way project Sixfields was going. Would you be surprised if I told you Everbrite was one of the last who woke up and smelt the coffee regards baby Cardoza, the Captain, Mac and the Bushey boys?

What always amazed me was when I turned up saturday afternoons to join my little group of fellow season ticket north standers was how little interest in what was going on off the field or conversation about it there was.

Sadly now in part because of the stasis, and in part because of Beds ( I admire him if nothing else for his utter stubbornness to the subject/cause) and in part i suppose because it's mostly old news to those who still frequent this board, its become rather stale and boring.
That said, as a reminder to all those who come later, i think this thread should be pinned on the first page.

Apologies to those many protagonists who I've not mentioned and those that I have who believe I've described them incorrectly.

Long live this Redev thread, I doubt Sussexcobbler had any idea what kind of monster he was creating!
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #25655 on: September 26, 2019, 14:40:01 pm »

Any update(s) whatsoever from the Trust regarding their next move?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25656 on: September 26, 2019, 15:12:26 pm »

If our tiny ground means we are losing £300,000 a season how does the club "run it's self"? I agree with your general point though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25657 on: September 26, 2019, 15:13:51 pm »

Any update(s) whatsoever from the Trust regarding their next move?
We have a meeting the week after next, specifically about this subject, and hope to put out some details when we send out our AGM letters.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25658 on: September 26, 2019, 15:20:33 pm »

I first joined the forum under another name in 2013 and caught up on the thread from page one so have read it all.
It made brilliant reading at least for me, in the first few years, both funny and informative. In the Cardoza days something was happening (or not happening) everyday. Posters like GPC were genuinely inquiring in a fair and insightful way, and when opinionated whoch wasnt often, almost always proven right. Cobblertone played second fiddle in spinning the info in a humorous way.Ditto Jolly Cobbler. Marvo was the statto apologist who couldn't half put up an arguement against the general consensus. Marquis, with his matter of fact humour and real time info chipped in, while Leeleestar was if I remember right, the first to take Cardoza on face to face at an open forum and call him out. Many others like TFAMH, Vintage, Drilling, Barton all made valuable contributions. Others like Cobblerwatch needed more convincing than most as to the dubious nature and way project Sixfields was going. Would you be surprised if I told you Everbrite was one of the last who woke up and smelt the coffee regards baby Cardoza, the Captain, Mac and the Bushey boys?

What always amazed me was when I turned up saturday afternoons to join my little group of fellow season ticket north standers was how little interest in what was going on off the field or conversation about it there was.

Sadly now in part because of the stasis, and in part because of Beds ( I admire him if nothing else for his utter stubbornness to the subject/cause) and in part i suppose because it's mostly old news to those who still frequent this board, its become rather stale and boring.
That said, as a reminder to all those who come later, i think this thread should be pinned on the first page.

Apologies to those many protagonists who I've not mentioned and those that I have who believe I've described them incorrectly.

Long live this Redev thread, I doubt Sussexcobbler had any idea what kind of monster he was creating!
The irony CJ is we are still on the first page! Lots of things have happened but nothing has changed and our need for some kind of redev is as desperate today as was when this thread first appeared.
Thomas and co have seamlessly slotted into where the previous owners left off,  but he mistakenly overlooked we've been strung out long enough and them adding another 4 years to Cardoza 15 years of false promises and inactivity isn't acceptable.
One thing this thread did do is stop the regular Thomas overhead projector belittling rallies!
His every word would be ripped to peices on here, and rightfully so!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 15:22:16 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #25659 on: September 26, 2019, 17:29:36 pm »

The irony CJ is we are still on the first page! Lots of things have happened but nothing has changed and our need for some kind of redev is as desperate today as was when this thread first appeared.
Thomas and co have seamlessly slotted into where the previous owners left off,  but he mistakenly overlooked we've been strung out long enough and them adding another 4 years to Cardoza 15 years of false promises and inactivity isn't acceptable.
One thing this thread did do is stop the regular Thomas overhead projector belittling rallies!
His every word would be ripped to peices on here, and rightfully so!

So when redevelopment does start for real this thread becomes a 1290 page and counting preface to it? Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: