The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:01:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819511 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25680 on: September 30, 2019, 07:41:39 am »

I would like to comment but I think it would be inappropriate of me to do so at present other than to suggest to Beds that he checks the known facts which I have set out on this thread on numerous occasions and is summarised by the Trust's statements on its website, the most relevant recent one of which is dated 16 July. 

Other than Jonathan Nunn attending the Trust's open meeting there have been no further developments disclosed although it is common knowledge that CDNL is engaged in continuing discussions with the Council.  What comes out of these discussions is going to define the future of the club in many respects.

In NBC we trust?  In DB/KT we trust?

I'm looking at it from the perspective of our owners who in four years have failed to disclose the smallest of info as to what our club can expect from what they hope to get from the council.
How hard would it be and beneficial to announce should they get what they require from council,  the club will be guaranteed a stated and reasonable amount of redevelopment to the stadium?
The fact we never have is because it's not ever going to happen with this lot, so our only hope is for the council to protect what could be used in the future to help the club under new ownership.
NBC,  our only hope.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #25681 on: September 30, 2019, 09:09:28 am »

shame some of those that are bored of this thread, of me & other similar posters, of KT, of the future of NTFC, etc etc can't project their boredom at those it might eventually make a difference - KT

Beds & others get moaned at for constantly posting the same stuff, well what other choice do they have?  It has to be water torture treatment on some of you to get it through that the only way ANYTHING has a chance of changing / improving is if KT is put under pressure from the home fans.

So for all those Hammy you THINK want the same thing, are really not bothered either way, we as fans obviously don't want a progressive open club that badly as we don't even ask let alone demand (demonstrate) that we do.

KT has massively benefitted from the DC debacle, remember we actually marched to the council demanding they gave money to DC, now we are some beaten by it all we simply don't care enough to muster even the slightest hint of anger.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25682 on: September 30, 2019, 10:04:12 am »

shame some of those that are bored of this thread, of me & other similar posters, of KT, of the future of NTFC, etc etc can't project their boredom at those it might eventually make a difference - KT

Beds & others get moaned at for constantly posting the same stuff, well what other choice do they have?  It has to be water torture treatment on some of you to get it through that the only way ANYTHING has a chance of changing / improving is if KT is put under pressure from the home fans.

So for all those Hammy you THINK want the same thing, are really not bothered either way, we as fans obviously don't want a progressive open club that badly as we don't even ask let alone demand (demonstrate) that we do.

KT has massively benefitted from the DC debacle, remember we actually marched to the council demanding they gave money to DC, now we are some beaten by it all we simply don't care enough to muster even the slightest hint of anger.

I can't be bothered to write my own response but this applies just as much to you as to who it was directed at originally;

Look mate.. Surely you along with everybody else can see how bored we all are of all of this. Can't you see that all of the things that you keep saying we need answer to, are not available on here. Nobody can deny your tenacity. But it hasn't extended any further than posting the same thing over and over again for ever. Not one single person is opposed to a sustainable league club, based on a community model, that maximizes it's potential. It is not the preserve of you, or the Trust, or indeed anyone else. KT WILL NOT answer you on here. You will NOT get an answer on here.

Surely yo have to be able to see that he is hell bent on following a certain path. Whether or not that is right, is the only thing up for debate, and we have known for quite a long time, who resides on which side of that debate. So there is nothing to be achieved from this perpetual revisiting of the same point. All of us want the same. Nobody is doing anything more than anybody else to further that. They are all just talking themselves into oblivion. I suppose you could argue it's totally undemocratic of we to suggest that we should try to stifle debate. But this is not debate. This is entrenched perspectives. They are not going to shift.

I can completely and utterly understand what Zen Master says about just turning up at the games. I got to that place some time back. Off of the back of BS from all involved. And I mean all......  
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25683 on: September 30, 2019, 11:25:38 am »

I can't be bothered to write my own response but this applies just as much to you as to who it was directed at originally;

You do realise that most fully understand  what Thomas's plans are and what he thinks or says is equal to 5hite.
Most posts are for the benefit of those who still believe Thomas and co have the future of our football club at the fore and not just using the club to extract valuable land and leases from our council.

How many on here would happily accept another guaranteed 20 years of League L2 football without the possibility of relegation but forfeit the chance to able to play and compete at L1 level?
None would be my guess but allowing Thomas to continue as he has been, guarantees this.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25684 on: September 30, 2019, 12:13:33 pm »

You do realise that most fully understand  what Thomas's plans are and what he thinks or says is equal to 5hite.
Most posts are for the benefit of those who still believe Thomas and co have the future of our football club at the fore and not just using the club to extract valuable land and leases from our council.

How many on here would happily accept another guaranteed 20 years of League L2 football without the possibility of relegation but forfeit the chance to able to play and compete at L1 level?
None would be my guess but allowing Thomas to continue as he has been, guarantees this.

And....Hammy's post is extant.
KT WILL NOT answer you on here. You WILL NOT get an answer on here.
What are you trying to achieve by repeating the same old same old on here to a message board membership (aside from a couple) who gave up listening many moons ago?
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #25685 on: September 30, 2019, 12:24:35 pm »

And....Hammy's post is extant.
KT WILL NOT answer you on here. You WILL NOT get an answer on here.
What are you trying to achieve by repeating the same old same old on here to a message board membership (aside from a couple) who gave up listening many moons ago?

That applies to every single thread and post on this board.  KC is not going to change his style or formation or pick different players when you and others post their views , which they too repeat time after time after time

perhaps Beds and I should post this twice per day on every thread like you seem to do
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #25686 on: September 30, 2019, 12:29:45 pm »

I am at a stage where I have total distain for NTFC, its owners, players and FANS

If I had won the £167m lottery (i must buy a ticket one day) I really don't think I would put in 1p and that is from someone who has been a Cobbler for 42 years, been hundreds of games, home and away, provide FOC the chair DC sat on for his cupboard videos, given my time to the club for free and won supporter of the year.

Perhaps it is a reflection of me, a grumpy old(ish) man but i think it is out of pure frustration and disbelief of how NTFC is treated by the owners and the people of Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #25687 on: September 30, 2019, 12:43:29 pm »

I've been thinking for a while I wonder which previous owners of our club people like Random and Beds etc. think did a good job.  There's been a constant stream recently of how easy it would be to "get things right" and yet history shows us how difficult that is in reality.  This strange idea were are somehow a slumbering giant at this level.

In my lifetime since the 69/70 season the Cobblers have played 36 seasons in the bottom league and just 14 in the league above.  

In that league above only 3 of the 14 seasons did we finish above mid table (4th, 6th and 9th).  

9 of those 14 seasons were relegation battles with us actually being relegated on 6 occasions.

So in last 50 years you will have seen 6 promotions and relegations between the bottom two divisions and precisely FIVE seasons where we were "competitive" in league one.

I don't post this to belittle our club but to offer a reasonable snapshot of the historical reality that seems to be ignored.  Surely some of our previous owners did a good job didn't they?  Why didn't they achieve more and build the club?

I also think this is why a large percentage of people aren't very excited re community ownership.  While offering something different in some aspects off the field it probably just guarantees more of the same on the pitch which of course is still all the majority of fans really care about.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25688 on: September 30, 2019, 13:00:27 pm »

That applies to every single thread and post on this board.  KC is not going to change his style or formation or pick different players when you and others post their views , which they too repeat time after time after time

perhaps Beds and I should post this twice per day on every thread like you seem to do

That post reveals more about you and the reason why you continue to do what you do.  I understand now.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25689 on: September 30, 2019, 14:33:07 pm »

I've been thinking for a while I wonder which previous owners of our club people like Random and Beds etc. think did a good job.  There's been a constant stream recently of how easy it would be to "get things right" and yet history shows us how difficult that is in reality.  This strange idea were are somehow a slumbering giant at this level.

In my lifetime since the 69/70 season the Cobblers have played 36 seasons in the bottom league and just 14 in the league above.  

In that league above only 3 of the 14 seasons did we finish above mid table (4th, 6th and 9th).  

9 of those 14 seasons were relegation battles with us actually being relegated on 6 occasions.

So in last 50 years you will have seen 6 promotions and relegations between the bottom two divisions and precisely FIVE seasons where we were "competitive" in league one.

I don't post this to belittle our club but to offer a reasonable snapshot of the historical reality that seems to be ignored.  Surely some of our previous owners did a good job didn't they?  Why didn't they achieve more and build the club?

I also think this is why a large percentage of people aren't very excited re community ownership.  While offering something different in some aspects off the field it probably just guarantees more of the same on the pitch which of course is still all the majority of fans really care about.
Let's stick with the modern day game where football became popular again in the late 90s and reinvented itself, at this point most clubs evolved to embrace and adapt... We didn't and still haven't..
and that's what we're on about not ancient history.
We are trading at half of what youd expect from what we have at our disposal, this being a well known historic club, Central location to the country,  ground in a good location in the the town, vast local catchment,  lots of large local businesses,  just about everything youd need to be in a position to establish ourselves as a good L1 side with the odd foray into the championship...but no, we have spent the past 20 years operating as a means for land facilitation for passing speculators who have no interests in seeing our club outside L2 as long as they get a big payday from the land the club stands on..
Yes you have belittled our club in the very same way Thomas did to avoid doing what he suggested he would..
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #25690 on: September 30, 2019, 14:56:17 pm »

Derek Banks for a short while, Barry Stonhill too but no-one for a long time and as Beds says, lets look at recent times rather than 40 years ago.

Please tell me how you think we are doing when compared to the competition. How are we doing when you imagine writing a business plan to our current business, also how do we fair when you do a SWOT analysis

I could list at least 80 clubs performing better than us given their potential / assets etc (and I include MK dons in that, who in their short time have blown us out the water in every single aspect of running a football club, even though they started with no fans and no history)

Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #25691 on: September 30, 2019, 16:26:17 pm »

Please tell me how you think we are doing when compared to the competition. How are we doing when you imagine writing a business plan to our current business, also how do we fair when you do a SWOT analysis

I could list at least 80 clubs performing better than us given their potential / assets etc (and I include MK dons in that, who in their short time have blown us out the water in every single aspect of running a football club, even though they started with no fans and no history)

What has any of this got to do with what I said?  Why when anyone writes anything on here contrary to what you believe does it automatically mean they somehow think everything is rosy or they are a big KT supporter and the way the club is run?  It's just a bizarre way of thinking and probably one of the many reasons you get such little support/respect for your views even when you are right.

We could have a long back and forth about clubs potential/assets and how they are performing but it would be pretty dull for all involved and let's face it would be more about opinion than any detailed knowledge.

It will be interesting to see how you and others react to "community ownership" if/when it eventually happens and fails to fulfill your "ambition".

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #25692 on: September 30, 2019, 19:36:40 pm »

What has any of this got to do with what I said?  Why when anyone writes anything on here contrary to what you believe does it automatically mean they somehow think everything is rosy or they are a big KT supporter and the way the club is run?  It's just a bizarre way of thinking and probably one of the many reasons you get such little support/respect for your views even when you are right.

We could have a long back and forth about clubs potential/assets and how they are performing but it would be pretty dull for all involved and let's face it would be more about opinion than any detailed knowledge.

It will be interesting to see how you and others react to "community ownership" if/when it eventually happens and fails to fulfill your "ambition".

When all that's asked of a community club is that it doesn't depend on rinsing the council for land, shows steady growth and can sustain and for the first time in modern times, compete at the next level, L1,
will be enough to fulfil all our expectations.. rotting in L2 without direction and beholden to those desperately seeking council land can no longer be acceptable to our clubs supporters or the town of Northampton in general.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3293

« Reply #25693 on: September 30, 2019, 22:09:56 pm »

I am at a stage where I have total distain for NTFC, its owners, players and FANS

If I had won the £167m lottery (i must buy a ticket one day) I really don't think I would put in 1p and that is from someone who has been a Cobbler for 42 years, been hundreds of games, home and away, provide FOC the chair DC sat on for his cupboard videos, given my time to the club for free and won supporter of the year.

Perhaps it is a reflection of me, a grumpy old(ish) man but i think it is out of pure frustration and disbelief of how NTFC is treated by the owners and the people of Northampton.

Do yourself a favour and piss off then?
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25694 on: September 30, 2019, 22:25:59 pm »

Every now and then I have a gander at this thread just to see if there is actually any development but alas every time I find nothing has changed. Surely the time has now come to change the title of the thread from 'closer' to 'further away' than ever, or something similar. I doubt the stand will be developed in my great-grandson's lifetime and he is only about two weeks old, let alone mine. I can only speak for myself but I am getting sick of sitting opposite that monstrosity every game, although it won't stop me going to the games.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #25695 on: October 01, 2019, 05:48:31 am »

Every now and then I have a gander at this thread just to see if there is actually any development but alas every time I find nothing has changed. Surely the time has now come to change the title of the thread from 'closer' to 'further away' than ever, or something similar. I doubt the stand will be developed in my great-grandson's lifetime and he is only about two weeks old, let alone mine. I can only speak for myself but I am getting sick of sitting opposite that monstrosity every game, although it won't stop me going to the games.
sit behind the goal then so you can look at the away fans instead
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25696 on: October 01, 2019, 09:19:56 am »

sit behind the goal then so you can look at the away fans instead

The away fans are ugly and smell of goat wee.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #25697 on: October 01, 2019, 13:18:38 pm »

The away fans are ugly and smell of goat wee.
We don't play Peterborough every week  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25698 on: October 01, 2019, 14:23:19 pm »

Well... I don't. I love the club. I love the fun, the friends, the highs, the sheer visceral excitement i get when we stick the ball in the net.

I try to change what I can, and I hope for the best. But for me I support the Cobblers because they are my team. Not because I think I can run it better.

Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #25699 on: October 01, 2019, 21:09:31 pm »

Your relationship has clearly broken down ..... walk away.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: