The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:29:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845414 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26000 on: December 09, 2019, 17:50:55 pm »

More figures from your árse and still no answers.
No idea what answers your looking for, I reply to all questions?
But while your here mull this over, Posh, Oxford, Ipswich,  Sunderland, Bolton, Charlton,  Bristol R and a few others towards the business end of the season would easily sell a further 1500 tickets on top of their meager allocations, a minimum of £300k right there!
Adding to extra home supporters allowed to turn up on the day with friends for these bigger games.. say another several thousand over the course of the season.. Food and beverage takings etc, you have to be looking at over £400k loss per season easily.
Give over Sing me old duck, there's no excuse for the Cardoza/Thomas mothballing of our club during this golden era of football.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #26001 on: December 09, 2019, 17:54:59 pm »

Well.. All I can say, is that everything he has spoke to me about he has backed up with evidence. Which may or may not be around the issues you have raised. If in your rather naive perspective that equates to me being his “fanboy” then so be it. I'm more than happy to sit opposite either, you, Beds and half of your cronies on here and exchange tales about who out of us has challenged him most. And I don’t mean on the cowards preferred medium of social media. I mean face to face.

At this point he hasn’t lied to me. That’s where you and him differ  Grin

What hasn't he lied to you about?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26002 on: December 09, 2019, 18:02:02 pm »

But while your here mull this over, Posh, Oxford, Ipswich,  Sunderland, Bolton, Charlton,  Bristol R and a few others towards the business end of the season would easily sell a further 1500 tickets on top of their meager allocations, a minimum of £300k right there!
Adding to extra home supporters allowed to turn up on the day with friends for these bigger games.. say another several thousand over the course of the season.. Food and beverage takings etc, you have to be looking at over £400k loss per season easily.
Give over Sing me old duck, there's no excuse for the Cardoza/Thomas mothballing of our club during this golden era of football.

Whats done is done, and you know my thoughts on it.

The fact is that Sixfields has not been expanded, has not had the additional revenue generating boxes, suites and rooms added and we are where we are.

True Thomas and co could have spent £4m on the ground 5 years ago....but we'd still be waiting for that to pay itself back even today.

Empty seats in the stadium every game....fact. So we are not filling what we've got before we go on about adding more capacity.

15 boxes at £10k per season each is only £150,000.....and how much of that would be profit after costs, food, staff etc? Half??? So 15 boxes would bring in a measly £75,000 profit a season. Its nothing really is it??

He put all the seats back in the East Stand....again the sad fact is we could have filled our ground every game this season, and every game last season bar one (MK Dons) without the East Stand even being open.

The Club is stagnant....the fans are not bothered, the board are not bothered, and the Trust are very quiet. Thank god for a few decent performances on the pitch!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3338

« Reply #26003 on: December 09, 2019, 18:16:24 pm »

Fire engines.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26004 on: December 09, 2019, 18:30:00 pm »

LMFAO. Reply to all questions. Do you take special tablets in the morning to make you into such a dick?
Just look over the precedding two pages and you will see I asked questions of you which you haven't answered because the answer goes against you usual bullshít tirades.
And again you come up with figures that you cannot back-up with facts.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #26005 on: December 09, 2019, 19:03:31 pm »

The fact is that Sixfields has not been expanded, has not had the additional revenue generating boxes, suites and rooms added and we are where we are.

True Thomas and co could have spent £4m on the ground 5 years ago....but we'd still be waiting for that to pay itself back even today.

Empty seats in the stadium every game....fact. So we are not filling what we've got before we go on about adding more capacity.

15 boxes at £10k per season each is only £150,000.....and how much of that would be profit after costs, food, staff etc? Half??? So 15 boxes would bring in a measly £75,000 profit a season. Its nothing really is it??

He put all the seats back in the East Stand....again the sad fact is we could have filled our ground every game this season, and every game last season bar one (MK Dons) without the East Stand even being open.

The Club is stagnant....the fans are not bothered, the board are not bothered, and the Trust are very quiet. Thank god for a few decent performances on the pitch!

Blimey what a great supporter you are?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26006 on: December 09, 2019, 19:11:51 pm »

our tiny ground capacity costs the club over £300,000 in lost gate revenues in an average L1 season, so until we address capacity, breaking even with our bootlaces tied together is all we can hope for.

But I want to know what it costs to break even in a L1 and L2 season, not what you estimate we lose in revenue.

We didn't sell out many matches in either of our recent L1 campaigns, so just wondering how it can be classed as "lost"?

What do posters think about reducing matchday pricing to try and entice more along?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26007 on: December 09, 2019, 19:27:55 pm »

The last time we were in League One for the 16-17 season average was 6,207 for the 17-18 season it was 5,830.
Well I think that sixfields has got it covered there.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26008 on: December 09, 2019, 20:15:30 pm »

Answer my question then? I’ll repeat, answer my question, why don’t you take on the challenge personally because coward is exactly the right word. The demands have been relentless haven’t they? Everyone and anyone that dare question the viability of the rhetoric has been insulted. In fact the posts regarding the unwavering instruction on how the club should progress have been so frequent it’s effortless to refresh your memory, so allow me? According to you there is a huge catchment area, local businesses and well wishers queuing up to support the club? All you need is to sell the club hard and build an atmospheric professional stadium with some boxes and a well stocked bar? Now having read the results of the exercise at Norwich City, Tifosy offer a source of capital. All you need to do is put it all together (perhaps even without the capital 😂😂) and also according to you success is inevitable apparently? Not going to happen though is it? It’s a shame because if you had the courage of your convictions, had a go personally at pulling something together and subsequently failed you would get nothing but respect from many, including me. Rather than saying I told you so, I for one would applaud anyone who had the guts to actually try it. Unfortunately and with rather disappointing predictably it turns out the commentary, and opinions were nothing more than the affectations of a coward with a keyboard, and nothing less. Because until you are prepared to act on and back your judgement with some tangible positive effort that’s how you will remain. That and a somewhat strange figure of ridicule and contempt. In my opinion of course.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 20:57:43 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26009 on: December 09, 2019, 21:20:48 pm »

Having spent 50 years rotting in the 4th tier and the past 20 season's in the grip of outsider speculators,  the football club has became stagnant and very unattractive to new supporters. It's this that needs addressing.

By not having the spare capacity in order to maximise earnings for the many attractive games that occur when we play in L1 really has cost the club dearly.
Selling out or not at a tiny unattractive Sixfields is a pointless argument,  Brighton very rearly sold out the crappy 8000 withdean stadium they now get 30,000 gates!

Can our club thrive without a proper functioning stadium? no it cant, can we afford to ignore the shortcomings of the past 20 year? Again no.
So the single biggest issue facing our clubs future is sorting out the infrastructure.
The hope we must hang onto is that despite tiny Sixfields in its current condition being a massive money drain, shouldn't mean our clubs support base have to accept its fate as one that will never change, not allowing it to compete as equals with the likes of MK Posh Oxford Luton, Watford etc but one day shake off the Cardoza/Thomas land grabber owners to be replaced with ones who really believe in the football club enough to allow some sustainable growth into its infrastructure.
We can only hope.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26010 on: December 09, 2019, 21:33:22 pm »

LMFAO. Reply to all questions. Do you take special tablets in the morning to make you into such a dick?
Just look over the precedding two pages and you will see I asked questions of you which you haven't answered because the answer goes against you usual bullshít tirades.
And again you come up with figures that you cannot back-up with facts.
What questions have you asked? I will answer them but I dont recall any?
Mk Don's will sell over £600,000 in ticket revenues to visiting fans this season.. We are unable to sell quarter that due to being stuck in L2, but even as a L1 club it wouldn't improve that much during to a lack of capacity. What facts  do you need backing up?
Its blatantly obvious if you cant sell tickets you lose revenues!

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #26011 on: December 09, 2019, 21:42:25 pm »

The ultimate question..  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26012 on: December 09, 2019, 21:44:14 pm »

But I want to know what it costs to break even in a L1 and L2 season, not what you estimate we lose in revenue.

We didn't sell out many matches in either of our recent L1 campaigns, so just wondering how it can be classed as "lost"?

What do posters think about reducing matchday pricing to try and entice more along?
Its not about selling out but having the spare capacity to maximise earnings from the big 7 or so games in L1. Losing out on 10,000 due to being unable to allow 2 to 3000 visiting fans or having draconian ticket restrictions on home fans.. this doesn't allow us to break even.
L2 is just a financial disaster, we need to get out and stay out as we lose as much as £700,000 on potential L1 earnings.
We cant lower ticket prices as the ground is 70% full most games, the club would lose money .
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26013 on: December 09, 2019, 21:48:50 pm »

Still waiting for an answer Beds? Would you like me to repost or do you just want to avoid answering, please advise?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26014 on: December 09, 2019, 21:58:15 pm »

Answer my question then? I’ll repeat, answer my question, why don’t you take on the challenge personally because coward is exactly the right word. The demands have been relentless haven’t they? Everyone and anyone that dare question the viability of the rhetoric has been insulted. In fact the posts regarding the unwavering instruction on how the club should progress have been so frequent it’s effortless to refresh your memory, so allow me? According to you there is a huge catchment area, local businesses and well wishers queuing up to support the club? All you need is to sell the club hard and build an atmospheric professional stadium with some boxes and a well stocked bar? Now having read the results of the exercise at Norwich City, Tifosy offer a source of capital. All you need to do is put it all together (perhaps even without the capital 😂😂) and also according to you success is inevitable apparently? Not going to happen though is it? It’s a shame because if you had the courage of your convictions, had a go personally at pulling something together and subsequently failed you would get nothing but respect from many, including me. Rather than saying I told you so, I for one would applaud anyone who had the guts to actually try it. Unfortunately and with rather disappointing predictably it turns out the commentary, and opinions were nothing more than the affectations of a coward with a keyboard, and nothing less. Because until you are prepared to act on and back your judgement with some tangible positive effort that’s how you will remain. That and a somewhat strange figure of ridicule and contempt. In my opinion of course.
Regular sustainable improvements spanning over several seasons into the infrastructure to allow the club to build up its capacity , corporate facilities and matchday experience.
Obviously with the likes of Cardoza/Thomas,  nothing will happen but should we ever get shot of them, the club could recover quickly with a handful of improvements being orchestrated with the help of the support base, business community  and local council, where all monies are used for the benefit of the club and no outsider looking for a ROI (before you ask 😂😂)
You dont have to have vast investments all at once, would  be nice but completely unnecessary.
Hope that helps😉
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26015 on: December 09, 2019, 22:51:01 pm »

Regular sustainable improvements spanning over several seasons into the infrastructure to allow the club to build up its capacity , corporate facilities and matchday experience.
Obviously with the likes of Cardoza/Thomas,  nothing will happen but should we ever get shot of them, the club could recover quickly with a handful of improvements being orchestrated with the help of the support base, business community  and local council, where all monies are used for the benefit of the club and no outsider looking for a ROI (before you ask 😂😂)
You dont have to have vast investments all at once, would  be nice but completely unnecessary.
Hope that helps😉

That's a world class body swerve! Impressive!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26016 on: December 09, 2019, 22:52:23 pm »

Nope completely evades the question. Why don’t you get involved personally? I’ll repost, in bold as it may be a partially sighted thing?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 00:27:37 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #26017 on: December 10, 2019, 05:57:27 am »

Nope completely evades the question. Why don’t you get involved personally? I’ll repost, in bold as it may be a partially sighted thing?

Why doesn't he take on what challenge personally? The question seems bereft of commonsense. If you mean why doesn't he take the club over then who knows what his situation allows? There could be endless reasons why he could not commit to it, it doesn't forbid him from putting forward his view.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26018 on: December 10, 2019, 06:29:40 am »

Why doesn't he take on what challenge personally? The question seems bereft of commonsense. If you mean why doesn't he take the club over then who knows what his situation allows? There could be endless reasons why he could not commit to it, it doesn't forbid him from putting forward his view.
What a load of crap. The supporters of Norwich City raised millions through Tifosy. Someone had to drive that? If it’s all so easy and his ideas are so full of merit, do something to instigate it. Make a presentation to the trust, speak to some local businesses to gage interest, anything but tapping away at that keyboard achieving nothing? I hope he does keep posting this nonsense, because as Hammy pointed out eventually someone may go too far. Should it be him, at that point he might be unfortunate enough to discover voicing false opinion can cost, and that keyboard has finally written cheque’s he can’t cash.
Report Spam   Logged

Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #26019 on: December 10, 2019, 07:05:36 am »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 [1301] 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: