The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:30:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819576 times)
Poggy and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26180 on: January 07, 2020, 15:29:51 pm »

To hear KT say he WILL right of the debt and hear from a reliable source that somebody or somebody's are ready to take the club forward..........and not just rumours from keyboard posters!

That type of proof!
I was just replying to Mellys Post, no chance KT will walk  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26181 on: January 07, 2020, 16:35:01 pm »

TFAMH, you are descending into pathetic personal insults. Get out of the gutter, you can do better than that.

That some of us recognise that for this club to have a worthwhile future it has to have the infrastructure in place is plain common sense. Prospects of this ever happening under the present ownership look slim.  It is our owners over 4 years into their ownership and having not made any tangible progress on finishing the East Stand and showing no sign of doing so who should be the subject of the severest criticism, not those supporters who question the “progress” claims trotted out and also have the temerity to question their wider intentions.  That in your view makes critics of our owners “NTFC haters”!!  The likes of you simply play into KT’s hands who as you wrote the other day has his own agenda.  Well played!

But, no doubt, you will continue to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.  Some do not.

It wouldn't matter if I explained my reasons a thousand times over for not jumping on the anti club/KT band wagon, the ferocity at which some of you approach things simply can't accommodate a more conciliatory approach. The clear and obvious debris that is strewn over every attempt you have made to engage the club in dialogue, should to any right minded individual suggest another approach is needed. Instead you leap at any opportunity to polarise perspective into either your school of thought or what you think is the wrong school of thought. Nobody is allowed to entertain any thought of diplomacy, or wander far from your prescribed form of action, for fear of being labelled as weak willed or acquiescent... Or worse still. The well trodden and boring label of a KT supporter  Grin Grin

I eagerly await the next viewpoint, that you and the NTFC supporters branch of the Momentum party assign to me. And equally await the next installment from the Donald Trump school of diplomacy.

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26182 on: January 07, 2020, 17:14:59 pm »

It all takes time to build up solid foundations, that's for sure, but if you haven't got any future vision or plans in place, like us at the moment,  then nothing will ever happen,  5 years Thomas has been here now and hasn't presented as much as a scribble on the back of a fag packet, not that I'm expecting him to do so.

KT has had 4 years so far, so if something is announced in another 56 years he have progressed us at the same rate as Luton! Then you can tell him "well done"
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #26183 on: January 07, 2020, 18:48:02 pm »

So let’s just suppose hypothetically KT turns around next week and says that they’ve had enough. They write off the debt and walk off into the sunset? I am yet to see one proposal that has a cats chance of even allowing the club to tread water. I’ll say it over and over again. Deciding you don’t like the current situation is the easy bit, the only thing that matters is the strategy moving forward and so far 1300 plus pages has produced nothing that gives me even a glimmer of hope that there is an alternative realistically out there locked up somewhere on this forum. Forget whether the current incumbents are sh1t or not, that’s a school yard debate, producing a workable plan for the future is the only thing that matters. As I see it at the moment if the current lot walk, forget the East Stand, there’s a real possibility we could go down the toilet, you heard it here first, so be careful what you wish for. I hope I’m wrong, I really do.
Do you honestly think we're being bank rolled at the moment? Our affiliation to the EFL and the average gates of 5000 and being located in a big town in a central location, means we virtually survive comfortably in L2 without having to break sweat.
We are unable to enhance the clubs support base, by a small 2% as the grounds too small or encouraging local businesses or well wishers with a few bob to  help out their local football club as its currently a closed shop with it being a private enterprise seeking to gain vast wealth from the land around the clubs ground.
That is why, in my opinion we cant progress, while Thomas and co seek the land.
As soon as they move on, the town will rally, make no mistake.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26184 on: January 07, 2020, 18:51:17 pm »

KT has had 4 years so far, so if something is announced in another 56 years he have progressed us at the same rate as Luton! Then you can tell him "well done"
Luton have spent 14 years in the top flight and 20 in the championship.... probably they didnt need it as much as our sorry Division 4 arses...Perhaps Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26185 on: January 07, 2020, 19:14:41 pm »

It wouldn't matter if I explained my reasons a thousand times over for not jumping on the anti club/KT band wagon, the ferocity at which some of you approach things simply can't accommodate a more conciliatory approach. The clear and obvious debris that is strewn over every attempt you have made to engage the club in dialogue, should to any right minded individual suggest another approach is needed. Instead you leap at any opportunity to polarise perspective into either your school of thought or what you think is the wrong school of thought. Nobody is allowed to entertain any thought of diplomacy, or wander far from your prescribed form of action, for fear of being labelled as weak willed or acquiescent... Or worse still. The well trodden and boring label of a KT supporter  Grin Grin

I eagerly await the next viewpoint, that you and the NTFC supporters branch of the Momentum party assign to me. And equally await the next installment from the Donald Trump school of diplomacy.

'Accommodate a more conciliatory approach'
It would probably go something like this..
Clubs fans. 'Mr Chairman,  can we expect some action on your promises of 4 years ago in upgrading the clubs decrepit infrastructure before you make your millions from the land in 20 years time in order for our club not to fall further behind our rivals?
Mr Chairman... Probably it'll take another 15 years to get the 'east stand done' we have just recently had some great dialogue with the council.
Clubs fans...15 years! You're having a friggin laugh,  we'll all be dead or incontinent by then!
Mr Chairman... OK Lets say the builders will be on site in 10 years when we are established in the championship and our basic 6400 home capacity ground is bursting under the weight of demand from our 300,000 catchment...
Clubs fans... Oh Thank you KT,  if it wasn't for you and the previous incumbency we'd be playing on the racecourse
  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26186 on: January 07, 2020, 19:21:22 pm »

Fair point - however the fact that you and vintage can never acknowledge anything positive that the club does  tend to support TFAMH's point - yes a scoreboard, another bog door, online tickets etc are not fulfilling KT's biggest single promise, but the fact that you can never acknowledge a positive however small but seem to delight what other clubs are doing positively (whilst conveniently avoiding the reports of other clubs that are close to the brink) suggests a somewhat negative attitude to life. I don't think many if anyone agrees with the main thrust of your comments but to be frank they are fully aired and really don't need the level of repetition you seem to delight in - fantastic club performance at Burton wasn't it? 

This is the Redevelopment thread so I try to restrict my comments to that subject.  But since you single me out for criticism and to answer your criticism the club does quite a lot well.  I would single out John Brady's youth section and the helpful club staff for special praise.  If I recall correctly the scoreboard was in place before KT’s arrival but that is a small point. On the community front, I have no particular criticism and full praise to the volunteers who make it happen but objectively it is no more and no less than most professional clubs do and should do.  Long may it continue.  As for the victory at Burton, great and I think we have a chance of causing an upset against Derby. 

I certainly do not delight in what other clubs are doing positively, quite the opposite.  My purpose in making reference to what is happening elsewhere is to demonstrate what can be done and is being done at these clubs but not at NTFC and not under the current ownership who in their fifth year at NTFC have nothing to show by way of (and I hate to use the word) progress as regards the redevelopment.  The buck stops with the owners.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #26187 on: January 07, 2020, 19:29:54 pm »

Do you honestly think we're being bank rolled at the moment? Our affiliation to the EFL and the average gates of 5000 and being located in a big town in a central location, means we virtually survive comfortably in L2 without having to break sweat.
We are unable to enhance the clubs support base, by a small 2% as the grounds too small or encouraging local businesses or well wishers with a few bob to  help out their local football club as its currently a closed shop with it being a private enterprise seeking to gain vast wealth from the land around the clubs ground.

Fúck it. I agree, let's kick out KT and go back to a team of YTS kids.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #26188 on: January 07, 2020, 20:57:22 pm »

If the Northampton public knew that every pound of the efl payment of £450,000, the season/ matchday revenues, local sponsorship etc etc, all went directly to the club, for the benefit of the club, far more would be willing to get to more matches and accept any limitations.
They would also be happy to rally
to any increased revenue plans beneficial to their club.
For two decades the towns folk have seen their community club used to plump up the fortunes and pension pots of outsider speculators... This needs to stop.

So by implication you are saying not every penny from the revenues you list goes directly to the club.  Where is it going then and what evidence do you have to back that up?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26189 on: January 07, 2020, 20:58:26 pm »

'Accommodate a more conciliatory approach'
It would probably go something like this..
Clubs fans. 'Mr Chairman,  can we expect some action on your promises of 4 years ago in upgrading the clubs decrepit infrastructure before you make your millions from the land in 20 years time in order for our club not to fall further behind our rivals?
Mr Chairman... Probably it'll take another 15 years to get the 'east stand done' we have just recently had some great dialogue with the council.
Clubs fans...15 years! You're having a friggin laugh,  we'll all be dead or incontinent by then!
Mr Chairman... OK Lets say the builders will be on site in 10 years when we are established in the championship and our basic 6400 home capacity ground is bursting under the weight of demand from our 300,000 catchment...
Clubs fans... Oh Thank you KT,  if it wasn't for you and the previous incumbency we'd be playing on the racecourse
  Kiss

Look.. You can regurgitate the same old shyte until the cows come home. But it means sweet FA. Ok, I accept that he's hurt you. I accept that he come in all guns blazing (like every other owner does) and stopped well short of expectation. But two things I won’t except. Firstly, regardless of your and Adolf Vintages blinkered perspective, the support doesn’t just consist of your way, or the wrong way. Secondly, nothing has changed from any side. The demarcation lines have been drawn so clearly and for so long, that there is no impact in anything that you and those who think like you can say. You have all become nothing more that some caricature of the angry fan..

With no mandate or consensus from the support, he will leave you to chase your tail for all eternity. We all want the same thing... Nobody wants this ridiculous silence and lack of activity to continue..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:03:06 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #26190 on: January 08, 2020, 04:52:50 am »

Your numerous repetative ramblings on the same subject does not mean you are anymore correct. I think it is more a sign of OCD or dementia (if you keep forgetting that you have posted the same comment hundreds of times before!).

If Cobblers fans agree with you, in their thousands, I suggest you arrange a demonstration before a match to show the owners your perceived perception of the current situation.......................I won't hold my breath!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26191 on: January 08, 2020, 07:50:53 am »

So by implication you are saying not every penny from the revenues you list goes directly to the club.  Where is it going then and what evidence do you have to back that up?
We are operating at tick over, going it alone without using all that is at our disposal, which includes our large catchment, multiple large local companies our central location, Not being able to capitalise on the needs of modern football customers etc over these past 20 years.
This is due to being held back by to our owners need to take control of council land and leases before they can do anything of note..
It is this that is has cost our club many millions over the past 20 years. It needs to stop.
In my opinion we should be operating at twice the levels we currently are by not maximising our potential.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26192 on: January 08, 2020, 08:33:00 am »

Your numerous repetative ramblings on the same subject does not mean you are anymore correct. I think it is more a sign of OCD or dementia (if you keep forgetting that you have posted the same comment hundreds of times before!).

If Cobblers fans agree with you, in their thousands, I suggest you arrange a demonstration before a match to show the owners your perceived perception of the current situation.......................I won't hold my breath!
The clubs potential fan base have been demonstrating for years by not showing up to matches or supporting by other any means, in their 1000s..
Or haven't you noticed.
Most if not all my posts are direct replies, so if I'm asked my opinion again and again.. the answers will be similar.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #26193 on: January 08, 2020, 08:46:15 am »

Update on the investigation via the Police Twitter account
https://www.northants.police.uk/news/northants/news/news/2020/jan-20/four-year-investigation-into-football-club-fraud-has-so-far-cost-northamptonshire-police-1m/
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #26194 on: January 08, 2020, 10:48:05 am »

To become so public about this , the police must have some confidence in nailing the perpetrators I would have thought . If they don’t , there will be some severe criticism .
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #26195 on: January 08, 2020, 12:43:33 pm »

We are operating at tick over, going it alone without using all that is at our disposal, which includes our large catchment, multiple large local companies our central location, Not being able to capitalise on the needs of modern football customers etc over these past 20 years.
This is due to being held back by to our owners need to take control of council land and leases before they can do anything of note..
It is this that is has cost our club many millions over the past 20 years. It needs to stop.
In my opinion we should be operating at twice the levels we currently are by not maximising our potential.

You have answered a completely different question.

You said this....

If the Northampton public knew that every pound of the efl payment of £450,000, the season/ matchday revenues, local sponsorship etc etc, all went directly to the club, for the benefit of the club, far more would be willing to get to more matches and accept any limitations.

I simply asked you what you mean by it as the implication you are making is that the efl payment, season/matchday revenues and local sponsorship etc. don't ALL go directly to the club for the benefit of the club.

Simple and direct question for you to answer.  Where are you saying some of it is going and what evidence do you have that this is the case?
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #26196 on: January 08, 2020, 12:54:51 pm »

More burden for the local taxpayer  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #26197 on: January 08, 2020, 13:51:11 pm »

To become so public about this , the police must have some confidence in nailing the perpetrators I would have thought . If they don’t , there will be some severe criticism .

I'd imagine at least one person will end up doing time for the missing millions. Not that it will help to finish the East Stand!

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #26198 on: January 08, 2020, 15:01:15 pm »

You have answered a completely different question.

You said this....

I simply asked you what you mean by it as the implication you are making is that the efl payment, season/matchday revenues and local sponsorship etc. don't ALL go directly to the club for the benefit of the club.

Simple and direct question for you to answer.  Where are you saying some of it is going and what evidence do you have that this is the case?
You're barking up the wrong tree me old duck, looking for a sensational accusation of wrong doing and skull duggery...Sorry to disappoint you, but there's none of that happening.
I'm talking about the clubs inability to maximise potential while private owners are here for land first.
My point is being a more community based club where the towns folk, business community,  well wishers with a few bob to 'invest' etc are more inclined to support the club knowing that 'every pound they invest goes to benefit the future well being of the club, one that has plans an inspirations to match all our local rivals on and off the pitch and better them!
You are more likely to donate to a charity if it goes directly to the recipients than through a third party who'll take care of it as soon as they've built their house!
Perhaps that last sentence is a bit off target but hopefully you get my meaning..
We need to be more Northampton centric and stop living in  the hope of a passing through 3rd parties getting great swathes of council land, that may or may not see us getting an undisclosed windfall that will determine our future.
I was accused of being impatient during the Cardoza years, all 12 of them! This is now magnified 10 fold🤣🤣
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #26199 on: January 08, 2020, 15:30:21 pm »

More burden for the local taxpayer  Angry
Hopefully not the case - see quote from the article below.

“We are making a funding application to the Home Office to seek to ensure the full cost of the investigation is not borne solely by local taxpayers.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 [1310] 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: