The Hotel End
February 17, 2020, 09:56:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1037225 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26600 on: February 10, 2020, 20:43:27 pm »

MC, it would in all probability take a very long time and then depending on where the money is parked is that country/jurisdiction signed up to reciprocity? For example, if, by some strange chance, the money or some of it is in Israel is that country a signatory?  I don't know because this is not what I do but I do know that there is no extradition treaty between the UK and Israel.  

Anyway, let's get back to topic.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26601 on: February 10, 2020, 20:45:35 pm »

MC, it would in all probability take a very long time and then depending on where the money is parked is that country/jurisdiction signed up to reciprocity? For example, if, by some strange chance, the money or some of it is in Israel is that country a signatory?  I don't know because this is not what I do but I do know that there is no extradition treaty between the UK and Israel.  

What was the topic? Oh yeah, apparently Redevelopment Is Closer Than Ever!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26602 on: February 10, 2020, 20:50:19 pm »

All true, although recovery remains very possible. The point being that recovery and pre emptive action forms a significant part of an investigation. Meaning that the process may well already be underway?
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26603 on: February 10, 2020, 20:58:37 pm »

What was the topic? Oh yeah, apparently Redevelopment Is Closer Than Ever!   Grin

Aka - how long is a piece of string?

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26604 on: February 10, 2020, 21:29:03 pm »

Aka - how long is a piece of string?

Glad you asked Vintage. A length of string is relative to either A) The manufactured length as indicated at the point of sale. B) The length cut relative to perform the required task for which the product was engaged.
Or C) the length at which the string was broken or cut either during or post use. This length is indeterminate but always less than the length required at the point of original use.

I think Iím funny anyway?
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #26605 on: February 10, 2020, 23:33:13 pm »

Britains richest man Sir Jim Ratciffe had been linked with investing in Chelsea but considers the valuations of top-flight English cubs to be "a bit silly". Well the Cobblers are up for sale together with land for development for a lot less than "silly" money. I'm sure it would only take a bit of his loose change to turn Sixfields into a 15,000 capacity stadium and establish the club in the Championship. I wonder if he's up for a challenge?! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #26606 on: February 11, 2020, 09:05:44 am »

Grin I think KT and DB may have thought of an appeal in long 5 years......not going to happen.

Up to this point they have had nothing to appeal against. NBC have not declined any planning permission yet. If you read what I wrote it says that if finishing the East is a pre-requisite for planning permission for another project then that in itself is not a legal reason for rejection and can be easily appealed.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26607 on: February 11, 2020, 09:41:09 am »

There's is not a single thing come out that we didn't already know.

I would honestly love to know. And I mean this in earnest... One question that I could ask by registering on the Trust website, that hasn't been asked and answered a thousand times on here.

Fair play to the Trust for doing it. But the council will cave, and they will get their own way, because other than some people not liking KT and DB, they are perfectly entitled to go for the land.   

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 15:16:34 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
woody84

View Profile
« Reply #26608 on: February 11, 2020, 11:04:55 am »

Britains richest man Sir Jim Ratciffe had been linked with investing in Chelsea but considers the valuations of top-flight English cubs to be "a bit silly". Well the Cobblers are up for sale together with land for development for a lot less than "silly" money. I'm sure it would only take a bit of his loose change to turn Sixfields into a 15,000 capacity stadium and establish the club in the Championship. I wonder if he's up for a challenge?! Cheesy
He owns Nice (French League 1) and Lusanne (Swiss Division 2), an English Division 3 team would complete the set surely!
Might be worth an email from the Trust with a joint ownership proposal.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26609 on: February 11, 2020, 11:07:08 am »

Glad you asked Vintage. A length of string is relative to either A) The manufactured length as indicated at the point of sale. B) The length cut relative to perform the required task for which the product was engaged.
Or C) the length at which the string was broken or cut either during or post use. This length is indeterminate but always less than the length required at the point of original use.

I think Iím funny anyway?

Or (D), the string is still being manufactured as we speak in some Chinese sweatshop, a subsidiary of 5USports (operations currently on a slowdown due to staff being kept away to combat the Coronavirus), and grows daily to the point where a third warehouse has had to be erected in a record five day period of extensive construction work?

I'll get my coat......
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Suffer fools gladly

View Profile
« Reply #26610 on: February 11, 2020, 11:27:07 am »

He owns Nice (French League 1) and Lusanne (Swiss Division 2), an English Division 3 team would complete the set surely!

Worth a try. Faint heart never won fair backer! ....(sic)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:31:59 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Don't mistake activity for achievement
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #26611 on: February 11, 2020, 12:46:15 pm »

If he has the full set then he can build houses and hotels.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26612 on: February 11, 2020, 14:26:33 pm »

Building houses and hotels?

Now we really have gone full circle (for the millionth time)?

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26613 on: February 11, 2020, 15:36:41 pm »

Building houses and hotels?

Now we really have gone full circle (for the millionth time)?

Cheesy

Are you saying that you are not happy with this five year plan... Or the previous 20 + years of five year plans.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26614 on: February 11, 2020, 15:59:20 pm »

Ours is a five minute plan!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #26615 on: February 11, 2020, 16:17:57 pm »

No harm in asking! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26616 on: February 11, 2020, 22:45:45 pm »

Two losses. Get ready for this thread to light up...  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26617 on: February 11, 2020, 22:49:28 pm »

Two losses. Get ready for this thread to light up...  Grin Grin

Are you Evers in disguise?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26618 on: February 12, 2020, 09:56:57 am »

Are you Evers in disguise?

During what was one of our best run of results in recent history, it dropped completely off the front page. This thread could absolutely be used as a barometer to our performances. It tends to focus the mind and stop the regurgitation and spewing out of facts that are all in the public domain, and flogged to death on a routine basis. 

With the exception of a few perpetual anti club mantras, the vast majority of supporters are still appropriately concentrated on results and matters on the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #26619 on: February 12, 2020, 10:03:22 am »

We got to see the full moon through the east stand last night. Very picturesque and something quite unique to our club
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: