The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 10:11:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1843607 times)
Tabasco Kid, DavCobb, Barty, Coolcat, Melbourne Cobbler and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27060 on: August 04, 2020, 19:39:34 pm »

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I don't think anyone would damn them if they "did" in this instance. It's just about opening a cordial dialogue, which has to be the first step in building any working relationship.  What they have come out with is a frosty, arms length response that keeps things very formal and distant. Just have a bloody chat!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3153

« Reply #27061 on: August 04, 2020, 20:32:11 pm »

That's all faith in the Trust gone completely for me I'm afraid. Are they going to stir the proverbial pot first to try and turn the council against the owners?
My Trust membership will be cancelled forthwith.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #27062 on: August 04, 2020, 20:37:56 pm »

Wouldn't it just be easier to hop on the proffered Zoom call this week and have a nice friendly chat to clear the air? Do they really need a board meeting to decide how to do that!? They really come over as a bunch of bureaucratic stuffed shirts at times.

Let them enjoy their moment..

We are Cobblers supporters. Not Trust board supporters.

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27063 on: August 04, 2020, 20:59:30 pm »

Let them enjoy their moment..

We are Cobblers supporters. Not Trust board supporters.

It's a shame it seems to be an either/or situation at the moment though, isn't it?

I'm aware I probably come over as massively anti-Trust but in principle I'm not. I'm proud that our fans formed the first ever supporters trust and I'm proud that they became the model for other club's fans to follow, and in doing so have lead to numerous other clubs being saved.

I believe there is a place for supporters trusts in football. I just don't have any time for the current lot, who come over as a clique of grumpy old men and well meaning but hopelessly naive idealists who collectively seem to have some sort of chip on their shoulder. And no, I've no wish to join and campaign to change it from within; it's not my thing and I have neither the time nor the energy to get involved. Fair play to those who do give up their time to do it, but unfortunately willingness doesn't equate with competence.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27064 on: August 04, 2020, 21:09:47 pm »

That's all faith in the Trust gone completely for me I'm afraid. Are they going to stir the proverbial pot first to try and turn the council against the owners?
My Trust membership will be cancelled forthwith.

Really? That's a bit extreme! I don't know that anyone is "stirring the pot", i'd hazard a guess that the meeting between the Council (and we don't know who at the Council) and the Trust has been arranged for some time...weeks perhaps? Is it coincidence that the same week KT brings in the Trust from the cold and offers out the olive branch and invites them for a meeting? Perhaps!!

What I hope is that the Trust gets the reassurance they need, and who knows perhaps is corrected in their stance by the Council, and actually KT is right, the Trust have got the wrong end of the stick and have indeed "misinterpreted" the facts.

Time will tell.....as it stands the Club issued their take, the Trust got a FOI and issued their take, the Opposition Councillors have expressed reservations and even some senior Tories on the Council claimed to know nothing about any deal.

Everyone needs to be in possession of the facts before deciding next steps.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3153

« Reply #27065 on: August 04, 2020, 21:29:03 pm »

Sorry GPC but we must agree to disagree on this one I'm afraid. I see it as not representing your members at an important time.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27066 on: August 04, 2020, 21:39:49 pm »

Really? That's a bit extreme! I don't know that anyone is "stirring the pot", i'd hazard a guess that the meeting between the Council (and we don't know who at the Council) and the Trust has been arranged for some time...weeks perhaps? Is it coincidence that the same week KT brings in the Trust from the cold and offers out the olive branch and invites them for a meeting? Perhaps!!

What I hope is that the Trust gets the reassurance they need, and who knows perhaps is corrected in their stance by the Council, and actually KT is right, the Trust have got the wrong end of the stick and have indeed "misinterpreted" the facts.

Time will tell.....as it stands the Club issued their take, the Trust got a FOI and issued their take, the Opposition Councillors have expressed reservations and even some senior Tories on the Council claimed to know nothing about any deal.

Everyone needs to be in possession of the facts before deciding next steps.

Don't forget that KT's video 'rant' was in direct response to the Trust's allegation that he and DB would be receiving £3 million. That was what kick started this.

If the Trust had presented the facts of their Freedom of Information request without casting any opinions on what it meant (which is what the Trust and Andy Roberts in particular have said is all that they do), I dare say the club wouldn't have said a word.

Perhaps the Trust should have made a big allegation of wrong doing 12 months ago. This whole us versus them would be well and truly over by now.
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27067 on: August 04, 2020, 22:00:01 pm »

Don't forget that KT's video 'rant' was in direct response to the Trust's allegation that he and DB would be receiving £3 million. That was what kick started this.

If the Trust had presented the facts of their Freedom of Information request without casting any opinions on what it meant (which is what the Trust and Andy Roberts in particular have said is all that they do), I dare say the club wouldn't have said a word.

Perhaps the Trust should have made a big allegation of wrong doing 12 months ago. This whole us versus them would be well and truly over by now.

Agree in part, but the BBC report on the "deal" when broke mentioned the £3m, and the memorandum of Understanding between Club and Council also mentions a £3m maximum figure on any stand rebuilding/work. Why was this? What if KT and DB wanted to spend £10m? The MOU looks like it prohibits this.

This is where the interpretation/misinterpretation comes in, and as you mention it was the kickstart to this current episode....

Despite the Trust being in possession of a copy of the MOU, and despite the Trust getting an FOI, and despite the statement made in his video "rant" the Trust are standing by their claims......

If the Trust were to meet the club this week what new information would they gain? We've had Kelvins video, we've had Kelvins open letter....i'm not sure there would be a lot to add at present anyway...would there?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27068 on: August 04, 2020, 22:20:30 pm »

Whoa everyone, calm down will you. It’s only been a couple of days. This whole saga has been dragging on for years, the Trust are represented by a number of board members and its right and proper they have sometime to prepare to get the best out of the discussion and any outcome for the supporters? They may seek some clarification from the council regarding the freedom of information request of which they have only recently received and then collectively decide what their position is moving forward? Rightly or wrongly they have been extremely concerned at how things have developed over a number of years and if they are to enter into this dialog constructively and effectively they need to be sure they are in possession of the available facts and to know what their collective position is and how they want to proceed? Yes it may be a simple as jumping on zoom and having a chat but FFS after all this bull5h1t make sure you get the best out of it. Let me ask you all a question, which is the lesser of the 2 evils? Wait a week or so to respond, or have an ill considered discussion with no direction or purpose that resolves nothing and achieves nothing? I can think of any number of constructive questions I may wish to investigate moving forward if this is to be the start of a positive relationship between the club and Trust, or is this a onetime only discussion? Sorry chaps, I have been quite critical of the Trust in the past, but it makes absolutely no sense to enter into a discussion ill prepared and not understanding exactly where you stand and the outcomes you want collectively? Not after all this time? However, the very first comment out of Andy Roberts mouth should have been “to allow us time to engage and consult the membership” they just don’t get it and clearly never will! If you are going to criticise then criticise for that, not this other stuff because that’s just not reasonable IMO obviously.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27069 on: August 04, 2020, 22:33:01 pm »

Agree in part, but the BBC report on the "deal" when broke mentioned the £3m, and the memorandum of Understanding between Club and Council also mentions a £3m maximum figure on any stand rebuilding/work. Why was this? What if KT and DB wanted to spend £10m? The MOU looks like it prohibits this.

This is where the interpretation/misinterpretation comes in, and as you mention it was the kickstart to this current episode....

Despite the Trust being in possession of a copy of the MOU, and despite the Trust getting an FOI, and despite the statement made in his video "rant" the Trust are standing by their claims......

If the Trust were to meet the club this week what new information would they gain? We've had Kelvins video, we've had Kelvins open letter....i'm not sure there would be a lot to add at present anyway...would there?

I tend to agree with those who have expressed disappointment with the Trusts response.  KT has appeared to have offered the Trust a life line/ opportunity to discuss with the Club 'the way forward'. I appreciate that they have a meeting with NBC next week but it is only Tuesday and could easily arrange a meeting via Zoom with NTFC this week. For example if they have their meeting with KT and then attend the NBC meeting next week fully in tune with the Club; how much better that will look for all three parties. Fair chance this may well be an opportunity missed by the Trust. Delaying  the NTFC meeting will look like they are playing for time and/or a politics game.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27070 on: August 04, 2020, 22:38:11 pm »

I tend to agree with those who have expressed disappointment with the Trusts response.  KT has appeared to have offered the Trust a life line/ opportunity to discuss with the Club 'the way forward'. I appreciate that they have a meeting with NBC next week but it is only Tuesday and could easily arrange a meeting via Zoom with NTFC this week. For example if they have their meeting with KT and then attend the NBC meeting next week fully in tune with the Club; how much better that will look for all three parties. Fair chance this may well be an opportunity missed by the Trust. Delaying  the NTFC meeting will look like they are playing for time and/or a politics game.

They actually said they have a meeting with the council "later this week".....and seeing as its Wednesday tomorrow......
Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27071 on: August 04, 2020, 22:39:22 pm »

I get what you're both saying but they've had 18 months to decide what they want out of a meeting with the club.

GPC - the interpretation, in my opinion of the FOI shouldn't have been given. They should just have released quotes from it. Andy Roberts has told me that he sees the Trust as a news outlet for the supporters, just providing us with the facts. Their statement on the results of the FOI was more of an opinion piece.

MC - Fair point. As I think I've said elsewhere tonight, maybe I'm just impatient. Personally I expected the Trust to be prepared for this eventuality and know what they wanted to get out of it. You'd almost expect it after having been asking questions of the club and council for so many months without even a turn of the head from KT and the club.
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #27072 on: August 04, 2020, 22:50:46 pm »

I get what you're both saying but they've had 18 months to decide what they want out of a meeting with the club.

GPC - the interpretation, in my opinion of the FOI shouldn't have been given. They should just have released quotes from it. Andy Roberts has told me that he sees the Trust as a news outlet for the supporters, just providing us with the facts. Their statement on the results of the FOI was more of an opinion piece.

MC - Fair point. As I think I've said elsewhere tonight, maybe I'm just impatient. Personally I expected the Trust to be prepared for this eventuality and know what they wanted to get out of it. You'd almost expect it after having been asking questions of the club and council for so many months without even a turn of the head from KT and the club.

As a layman in this particular discussion I would say you are correct when you say they (Trust) have had 18 months to decide what they want out of a meeting  with the Club.  In simple terms it is perhaps best to reach out to KT if only to test the temperature of the 'water'. Otherwise they (Trust) maybe playing politics. Seems to me KT has played a clever hand.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27073 on: August 04, 2020, 22:57:44 pm »

Maybe they do know their position, but in light of the recent information received and statements made you don’t want to guess you need to know? This is not a full time job for some of them, they probably haven’t got access to individuals who can help them come to an informed decision or strategy? Let’s not forget the “Proud To Be” farce? They got slaughtered for not being collectively prepared and now they are being slaughtered for not jumping on another milestone instantly? Just take a breath and get the best out of it is my suggestion. Yes it may come at a risk of being accused of political gamesmanship or incompetence, but to fail to prepare for the discussion may lead to that accusation anyway, and a lot more forcefully? Get this wrong and the consequences for the trust may possibly be quite dire, of that I am sure they are aware?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #27074 on: August 04, 2020, 23:03:21 pm »

Maybe they do know their position, but in light of the recent information received and statements made you don’t want to guess you need to know? This is not a full time job for some of them, they probably haven’t got access to individuals who can help them come to an informed decision or strategy? Let’s not forget the “Proud To Be” farce? They got slaughtered for not being collectively prepared and now they are being slaughtered for not jumping on another milestone instantly? Just take a breath and get the best out of it is my suggestion. Yes it may come at a risk of being accused of political gamesmanship or incompetence, but to fail to prepare for the discussion may lead to that accusation anyway, and a lot more forcefully? Get this wrong and the consequences for the trust may possibly be quite dire, of that I am sure they are aware?

Faint heart never won fair lady - excuse the irony Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27075 on: August 04, 2020, 23:09:38 pm »

Faint heart never won fair lady - excuse the irony Smiley
I reckon half the trust board are receiving CPR as we speak Evers? Meanwhile you’ve clearly got the heart of an Ox, with no hint of irony!
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27076 on: August 04, 2020, 23:11:43 pm »

As a layman in this particular discussion I would say you are correct when you say they (Trust) have had 18 months to decide what they want out of a meeting  with the Club.  In simple terms it is perhaps best to reach out to KT if only to test the temperature of the 'water'. Otherwise they (Trust) maybe playing politics. Seems to me KT has played a clever hand.

I think the temperature of the water has been well and truly tested with some of the recent statements.

The Trust seem to have gone from the role of outcast to in demand in just one week.

Many on here and on other social media outlets were saying they didn't represent their members or the fanbase, now fast forward a week and they are being slammed for not dropping everything and having an immediate "remote" meeting with the Club.

Look at the whole picture......the deal is announced..... 7 weeks pass and no mention of it from the club, the Trust secure an FOI and publish their interpretation, and also state their intention to have a meeting with the Council Leader. All of a sudden KT offers out the olive branch to the Trust....... maybe its just me who thinks there's more than one hand being played here!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #27077 on: August 04, 2020, 23:21:43 pm »

I think the temperature of the water has been well and truly tested with some of the recent statements.

The Trust seem to have gone from the role of outcast to in demand in just one week.

Many on here and on other social media outlets were saying they didn't represent their members or the fanbase, now fast forward a week and they are being slammed for not dropping everything and having an immediate "remote" meeting with the Club.

Look at the whole picture......the deal is announced..... 7 weeks pass and no mention of it from the club, the Trust secure an FOI and publish their interpretation, and also state their intention to have a meeting with the Council Leader. All of a sudden KT offers out the olive branch to the Trust....... maybe its just me who thinks there's more than one hand being played here!

Pretty sure you and others may well be correct but I still think the Chairman has played a decent hand by chucking the ball into the Trusts half. However I feel that Wazza's comments are very pertinent; surely the Trust have sufficient expertise to handle a delicate fact finding mission.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27078 on: August 04, 2020, 23:30:43 pm »

Pretty sure you and others may well be correct but I still think the Chairman has played a decent hand by chucking the ball into the Trusts half. However I feel that Wazza's comments are very pertinent; surely the Trust have sufficient expertise to handle a delicate fact finding mission.

I don't quite get the 18 months thing...they've had precisely 11 days since they got the results of their FOI relating to this particular deal.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3264

« Reply #27079 on: August 05, 2020, 05:03:39 am »

Sorry GPC but we must agree to disagree on this one I'm afraid. I see it as not representing your members at an important time.
How do YOU know what all the Trust members think?
Half a dozen regular contributors on this site give an opinion but not hundreds!

Let the Trust volunteers get all the facts by speaking to NBC, then speak to each other, then speak  to KT.

This has dragged on for years so let's wait for a week and then move the situation forward in a proper way.

My opinion is the time has come to take aspects of the Politics out of the situation and make decisions. Then all supporters of NTFC must be told all the information, in detail, of what is going to happen AND WHEN!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: