The Hotel End
September 24, 2020, 12:05:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 1384   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1075672 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27600 on: September 16, 2020, 12:41:52 pm »

If they are having a meeting, with their agenda, to decide whether they agree with the Chairman's/Owners plan or not, their decision might possibly not be in agreement with the majority of the membership? 
Where is the considered democracy for such a fundamental and important decision on which side or where The Trust will reside?

Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #27601 on: September 16, 2020, 12:43:56 pm »

If they are having a meeting, with their agenda, to decide whether they agree with the Chairman's/Owners plan or not, their decision might possibly not be in agreement with the majority of the membership? 
Where is the considered democracy for such a fundamental and important decision on which side or where The Trust will reside?

With all due respect to some of our supporters, would you let them make a critical decision for you?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #27602 on: September 16, 2020, 13:11:16 pm »

With all due respect to some of our supporters, would you let them make a critical decision for you?  Grin

Christ no! I remember watching the 15/16 promotion season DVD and there are quite a few linking sections showing fans milling into the ground. My wife commented saying "why do half of them look inbred?" and I found it difficult to disagree with her. Tongue Mind you, I suspect it might be more to do with the type of person that finds it necessary to start gurning at a TV camera when they see one rather than being a general representation of our fans....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27603 on: September 16, 2020, 13:58:35 pm »

Probably not all of them,  Grin but we are expected to allow the current Trust Board to make this fundamental and important decision on our behalf without having had an opportunity to influence it.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27604 on: September 16, 2020, 14:48:50 pm »

Probably not all of them,  Grin but we are expected to allow the current Trust Board to make this fundamental and important decision on our behalf without having had an opportunity to influence it.

How is it a "fundamental and important decision"?

As I've said, the Trust have no influence other than from a PR perspective. The deal that is on the table between the Club and the Council does not hinge on support from the Trust. I daresay the opposition councillors on the Borough Council have more sway when it finally comes to a vote on whether the deal provides the Council Tax payers of Northampton best value.

If the Trust say they don't support the deal that is on the table then so what......? I would hate anyone to use the Trusts support or lack of support as a dealbreaker here. I'm sure it could end up being dressed up like that though.....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27605 on: September 16, 2020, 15:03:29 pm »

All this may or may not be true but the simple fact of the matter is that the Trust are perceived as the “voice of the supporters “ by the people making the decisions.
Good wins for Rangers & Chelsea at the weekend Tel.

Absolutely mate..
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27606 on: September 16, 2020, 15:16:29 pm »

As I've said, the Trust have no influence other than from a PR perspective. The deal that is on the table between the Club and the Council does not hinge on support from the Trust. I daresay the opposition councillors on the Borough Council have more sway when it finally comes to a vote on whether the deal provides the Council Tax payers of Northampton best value.

If the Trust say they don't support the deal that is on the table then so what......? I would hate anyone to use the Trusts support or lack of support as a dealbreaker here. I'm sure it could end up being dressed up like that though.....

It is for The Trust... Wink  I didn't say that it was a fundamental and important decision for the Redevelopment...
I'll ignore the rest of your post... Grin
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 15:22:16 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27607 on: September 16, 2020, 15:22:30 pm »

The problem with your perspective, is the weight of emphasis the Council have put on the Trust Boards view of the situation. Clearly the lobbying of the council by the Trust board and hangers on has had some impact on the council. In fact, it might even offer them a decent get out clause in terms of tendering their own views. If the Council have elevated the Trust boards opinion to that of the supporters perspective, that absolutely feeds into a state of confusion that they have thrived under for years. They can carry on kicking the can, doing so under the banner of considering the supports view. When the only blindingly obvious flaw, i that, IT IS CLEARLY NOT THE SUPPORTS VIEW. As far as we know, it's not even the view of the one sixth of the support who are Trust members.

I don't massively disagree with what you are saying. But it has the potential to put the wrong people in the driving seat. The Council own the ground, they have the lions share in what is decided going forward. They should the ones who are safeguarding the future of their investment and the people they represent.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27608 on: September 16, 2020, 15:43:35 pm »

I would take anyone to task who states that the Trust board is in anyway representative of the support.

It is quite fair to state that they can't hope to suggest that they represent anything more than the boards opinion on this subject. The rest is an assumption on the behalf of the Trust board. As they have have not consulted their members. That's not to say that they can't go off on any tangent should they wish in the name of the Trust.

When most people joined the Trust, it was an effective conduit for communicating the supports concerns. Even at its height, it never carried a large enough membership to state that is was representative of the support. Since its inception, it has enjoyed varying degrees of commitment from the support. But there can be no argument that the poorly attended meetings, loss of the seat on the board, and steadfast refusal to ask its members for direction, has now rendered the Trust at it's lowest ebb. There has not even been a reasonable uptake in membership for years now. I would hazard a guess that with deaths and a lack of renewals, that it has lost members. I am more than happy to be shown facts that contradict that opinion.

So my argument is simple. If the support is behind the Trust as suggested by some on here, answer these simple questions.

1. Explain the virtual lack of attendance at Trust public meetings (unlees there is a non Trust speaker) pre COVID

2. Explain the mere handful of supporters that turned up at the Moat House, for the Trusts flagship meeting on ownership models

3. Explain why even though the Trust board has not kept its wishes hidden, why this resulted in virtually no new memberships

I have said repeatedly. I am not anti the Trust. But I will plug away at this point until the cows come home. The Trust board has been an architect in its demise, by not consulting and canvassing the membership.

As a lifetime member +1
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27609 on: September 16, 2020, 16:25:22 pm »

As a lifetime member +1

I think at least we are all agreed that the Trust needs to engage with its members more, and to perhaps put the full argument out there....... perhaps they could explain too why the relationship between Club and Trust soured over the years, because rightly or wrongly the Trust lost impetus when it was outcast (or at least when it believed it was outcast) by the Club.
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #27610 on: September 16, 2020, 16:59:42 pm »

One thing most of the recent posts seem to be forgetting is that NBC have said that there is nothing stopping NTFC completing the East Stand, apart from KT & DB spending a bit to do it. Once that happens, they can redevelop the surrounding land, and get their money back from the NTFC share of the profits. Surely that is a win win for them, a club with a completed ground for when they want to sell and more money coming in from the completed stand whilst they are still here. If this is not the case I stand to be corrected
    My understanding is that this has been the situation before Covid, so have they missed the best opportunity to do it?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27611 on: September 16, 2020, 17:17:45 pm »

One thing most of the recent posts seem to be forgetting is that NBC have said that there is nothing stopping NTFC completing the East Stand, apart from KT & DB spending a bit to do it. Once that happens, they can redevelop the surrounding land, and get their money back from the NTFC share of the profits. Surely that is a win win for them, a club with a completed ground for when they want to sell and more money coming in from the completed stand whilst they are still here. If this is not the case I stand to be corrected
    My understanding is that this has been the situation before Covid, so have they missed the best opportunity to do it?

Spot on......for a long while now the Council have said the same thing.....even when the leasehold issues were to the fore....that never stopped the stand from being finished.

You're right though post-covid. There certainly is no business case in building up the stand now, as it will more than likely be empty for a good while yet. I'd guess that the bottom will have fallen out of the hospitality market, and again its difficult to provide hospitality and comply with social distancing requirements!
Furthermore, redevelop the surrounding land? For what? Again, hardly likely to be a queue of developers in the current climate.

The time for development was when the Cardozas were here, and look how that turned out! When KC and DB came along there was still the opportunity to do something, especially if it is the money spinner that it is often portrayed to be (i'm talking hospitality, boxes, conference facilities, hotel etc), but for whatever reason nothing happened.
Report Spam   Logged

lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #27612 on: September 16, 2020, 17:38:40 pm »

The trust seems to come under more scrutiny than the owners. They're a group of volunteer supporters, doing their best for the club and therefore  their fellow fans. What's this evil motive people think they have? They waved through the last chairman who promised a new stand but didnt want to pay for it themselves. Remind me how that worked out?

This time they're asking questions and speaking to the council about their side of the story and getting nothing but flack and accusations of not representing the fanbase. It's a bit like when people sneered at the "we want answers" protests.

Remind me how that worked out?

Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27613 on: September 18, 2020, 19:02:17 pm »

I don’t think anyone has forgotten the in and outs of the whole miserable saga..

So we know the order in which KT & DB want to conduct business now. So if the council are ok with that, what has it got to do with anyone else? If they are not, they are big enough to say no.

Let’s all just let them get on with it... Please.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27614 on: September 18, 2020, 23:59:32 pm »

I don’t think anyone has forgotten the in and outs of the whole miserable saga..

So we know the order in which KT & DB want to conduct business now. So if the council are ok with that, what has it got to do with anyone else? If they are not, they are big enough to say no.

Let’s all just let them get on with it... Please.

Like we're stopping them.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Motel End

View Profile
« Reply #27615 on: September 19, 2020, 10:55:24 am »

After years of just being a reader of this board, or in some cases the word 'bored' would be more apt, it just seems like everybody is going through the motions for the sake of it and getting nowhere slowly.
Some are asking if the Trust have the support or same goal as the wider fanbase, there's only one way to find out and that's ask.
On the subject of of the Trust, what happened during the meeting with KT? Have the trust board become a secret society, not trusting the members (like myself and many others on here) with either any information that was discussed, or just a summary.
In fact the club have not said anything either.
On the subject of the squad, and the early season critics, a lot on here have short memories of the title winning season under Chris Wilder. We didn't have the best of starts, the squad just pulled together as a team during the difficult times and gelled together like any football club in the world could ever dream of.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Akenfenwa best of the bunch since Steve Howard

View Profile
« Reply #27616 on: September 19, 2020, 12:55:54 pm »

After years of just being a reader of this board ...etc
On the subject of the squad, and the early season critics, a lot on here have short memories of the title winning season under Chris Wilder. We didn't have the best of starts, the squad just pulled together as a team during the difficult times and gelled together like any football club in the world could ever dream of.

W e need a talisman to capture hearts and minds; at this stage of the season we have yet to find one. Oh! for a Holmes, JJOT or even a Goode!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27617 on: September 19, 2020, 23:43:35 pm »

Like we're stopping them.......

Like I said WE are.....
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 23:47:07 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Wanderingteyn

View Profile
« Reply #27618 on: September 20, 2020, 00:24:08 am »

The trust seems to come under more scrutiny than the owners. They're a group of volunteer supporters, doing their best for the club and therefore  their fellow fans. What's this evil motive people think they have? They waved through the last chairman who promised a new stand but didnt want to pay for it themselves. Remind me how that worked out?

This time they're asking questions and speaking to the council about their side of the story and getting nothing but flack and accusations of not representing the fanbase. It's a bit like when people sneered at the "we want answers" protests.

Remind me how that worked out?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
« Reply #27619 on: September 21, 2020, 09:38:25 am »

Shock news. Trust supporting the club over East Stand.  Shocked

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/trust-backs-clubs-plans-for-east-stand-completion
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:41:19 am by TownOwl » Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 1384   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: