The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:43:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820472 times)
West Stand, Larry, CobblerG and 42 Guests are viewing this topic.
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27660 on: November 18, 2020, 13:34:10 pm »

Only downside to that Fenners is Shoemaker wouldnt have anything to post! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27661 on: November 18, 2020, 14:52:37 pm »

How true  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27662 on: November 18, 2020, 15:25:34 pm »

Still makes me chuckle, Brilliant......comedy is now in the hands of the loony left, pc brigade and the thought police.....the worlds gone mad.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27663 on: November 18, 2020, 17:05:38 pm »

I suppose we could all try something radical, like admitting we don't have Scooby about the intricacies of the clubs finances, individual wages, running costs etc.

I know its nowhere near as much fun as this financial take on pin the tail on the donkey. But it would be a refreshing change....  Grin

Perhaps we should all stop predicting the line ups and formations too as none us has any control nor any clue about them either........in fact close the board down...there's absolutely nothing to talk about.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27664 on: November 18, 2020, 17:27:54 pm »

Perhaps we should all stop predicting the line ups and formations too as none us has any control nor any clue about them either........in fact close the board down...there's absolutely nothing to talk about.

I doubt if the same degree of malice is attached to those activities.

I have no intention of stifling debate. I'd hate to be the one who was responsible for inflicting their special blend of vitriol and ignorance on some other poor sods..  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27665 on: November 18, 2020, 18:19:12 pm »

I suppose we could all try something radical, like admitting we don't have Scooby about the intricacies of the clubs finances, individual wages, running costs etc.

I know its nowhere near as much fun as this financial take on pin the tail on the donkey. But it would be a refreshing change....  Grin
Jesus Tel, if the criteria is that you are only allowed to post on something you are qualified to talk about, this forum is going to look like the one on The Trust website? There’s more commentary going on in Gigg Lane.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 18:25:43 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27666 on: November 18, 2020, 20:43:02 pm »

Thanks for the mention
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #27667 on: November 18, 2020, 21:15:01 pm »

Agreed - no brainer really. 0-1 against Stanley is beginning to look ok now after Oxfords crushing defeat Tongue
Oxford United won 4-1 at Accrington! Do you mean Swindon Town?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #27668 on: November 18, 2020, 21:51:35 pm »

I doubt if the same degree of malice is attached to those activities.

I have no intention of stifling debate. I'd hate to be the one who was responsible for inflicting their special blend of vitriol and ignorance on some other poor sods..  Grin

Malice? How very dare you Sir? You must be a varmint.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27669 on: November 19, 2020, 06:00:23 am »

Jesus Tel, if the criteria is that you are only allowed to post on something you are qualified to talk about, this forum is going to look like the one on The Trust website? There’s more commentary going on in Gigg Lane.

I've not attempted, or alluded to a criteria. I have merely pointed out the truth. If some people are happy to engage in a constant game of fantasy football club owner, the fair play to them.

It’s only fair to bring them back down to earth every now and then, with a little reminder, that they actually know absolutely fcuk all about what they are saying... Bless them, they take themselves so serious as well 😀😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #27670 on: November 19, 2020, 08:50:21 am »

I've not attempted, or alluded to a criteria. I have merely pointed out the truth. If some people are happy to engage in a constant game of fantasy football club owner, the fair play to them.

It’s only fair to bring them back down to earth every now and then, with a little reminder, that they actually know absolutely fcuk all about what they are saying... Bless them, they take themselves so serious as well 😀😀😀
The board is about opinions, so do you think KT/DB will conclude a deal with NBC in the next 6 months and progress the expansion of Sixfields?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #27671 on: November 19, 2020, 10:05:19 am »

Oxford United won 4-1 at Accrington! Do you mean Swindon Town?

Went by the reported fact that Oxford Forum was in melt down after 0-2  home defeat by Crewe. Agree it can include Swindon as ultimately the post can be judged as misleading! Not concerned Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27672 on: November 19, 2020, 13:17:38 pm »

The board is about opinions, so do you think KT/DB will conclude a deal with NBC in the next 6 months and progress the expansion of Sixfields?

How could I, or indeed anybody else external to the parties know the answer to that? But as you validly point out, it is only fair that someone can render an opinion. So I will attempt to answer your question.

I would imagine that it is completely in DB'and KT's interest to try and resolve the situation as quickly as they can. It will offer them a revenue stream currently unavailable to them, so it makes sense for them and their legal representatives to push for an expedient end to the current situation.

I have never changed my stance from day one, in that I have always stated that nothing will happen until the enabling money is available. I never once bought into any of the hyperbole around ring fenced money and other so called promises, so I am not disappointed with the current situation at all.

So that is my opinion. It doesn't involve any character assassination, or accusations. Nor does it make childish statements about "oil coming to the top". It is a reflection of just how little I know. Which I believe is probably the case for most, if not all of us. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #27673 on: November 19, 2020, 14:31:39 pm »

How could I, or indeed anybody else external to the parties know the answer to that? But as you validly point out, it is only fair that someone can render an opinion. So I will attempt to answer your question.

I would imagine that it is completely in DB'and KT's interest to try and resolve the situation as quickly as they can. It will offer them a revenue stream currently unavailable to them, so it makes sense for them and their legal representatives to push for an expedient end to the current situation.

I have never changed my stance from day one, in that I have always stated that nothing will happen until the enabling money is available. I never once bought into any of the hyperbole around ring fenced money and other so called promises, so I am not disappointed with the current situation at all.

So that is my opinion. It doesn't involve any character assassination, or accusations. Nor does it make childish statements about "oil coming to the top". It is a reflection of just how little I know. Which I believe is probably the case for most, if not all of us. 
+1
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27674 on: November 19, 2020, 20:14:23 pm »

I suppose what this thread has indicated to me is that the anti KT people on this thread are opposed to an investor type owner? I think as a investor the current owners have done more than what could be reasonably expected? Losing a million a season according to the published accounts so far indicate that to me. That “done enough” though is short of what a wealthy benefactor would probably deliver, which is the apparently the expectation for those in question?
The points I have raised have mainly tried to highlight the likely thought processes from a view point of investment? In that scenario the motivation is a reasonable return on investment in a reasonable period. If that criteria is not met then there is usually no investment, it’s that simple? If people are unwilling to accept this then the only qualities that should be acceptable to them are those of a benefactor type owner?
However, if one doesn’t step forward I am not sure where that leaves the club? Ultimately unless the system changes the most likely outcome will be owners looking to profit from the club without making any real improvements to the clubs status?
The interesting point is that given the losses of the current owners there is a real case to argue that the money invested so far has not delivered a return in a reasonable period? Covid is mounting the financial pressure and how long are the current owners willing and able to financially support the club? I have no idea other than it won’t be indefinitely.
The question then becomes who or what comes next and will that improve our position or prospects for the future? That really worries me. Some people seem to think a change would be cause for celebration, but without fully understanding who or what comes next I genuinely have absolutely no idea why this would be the case?
In a lifetime of supporting the club we have had plenty of owners and yet all that has been achieved has been lurching from crisis to standing still and back to crisis again? Yet the position of some on this thread is an argument for change in some blind leap of faith that this will be the catalyst for a better future?
I have not read a single post on this entire thread that makes an even half convincing case to the contrary?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 22:34:38 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #27675 on: November 19, 2020, 21:53:13 pm »

I suppose what this thread has indicated to me is that the anti KT people on this thread are opposed to an investor type owner? I think as a investor the current owners have done more than what could be reasonably expected? Losing a million a season according to the published accounts so far indicate that to me. That “done enough” though is short of what a wealthy benefactor would probably deliver, which is the apparently the expectation for those in question? The points I have raised have mainly tried to highlight the likely thought processes from a view point of investment? In that scenario the motivation is a reasonable return on investment in a reasonable period. If that criteria is not met then there is usually no investment, it’s that simple? If people are unwilling to accept this then the only qualities that should be acceptable to them are those of a benefactor type owner? However, if one doesn’t step forward I am not sure where that leaves the club? Ultimately unless the system changes the most likely outcome will be owners looking to profit from the club without making any real improvements to the clubs status? The interesting point is that given the losses of the current owners there is a real case to argue that the money invested so far has not delivered a return in a reasonable period? Covid is mounting the financial pressure and how long are the current owners willing and able to financially support the club? I have no idea other than it won’t be indefinitely. The question then becomes who or what comes next and will that improve our position or prospects for the future? That really worries me. Some people seem to think a change would be cause for celebration, but without fully understanding who or what comes next I genuinely have absolutely no idea why this would be the case? In a lifetime of supporting the club we have had plenty of owners and yet all that has been achieved has been lurching from crisis to standing still and back to crisis again? Yet the position of some on this thread is an argument for change in some blind leap of faith that this will be the catalyst for a better future? I have not read a single post on this entire thread that makes an even half convincing case to the contrary?

Blimey! Late 2020 and first TFAMH and now you are posting sense and reason on this thread!
Is this the New Normal? Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #27676 on: November 20, 2020, 08:55:01 am »

Off at a bit of a tangent the town is classed by population as the 21st largest city/town in England (do not be misled by the most easily accessed census figures which are based on local authority areas which, as a local example, include Brixworth in the population of Daventry).

Far larger than where many a current or past Premier League team is based and yet The Cobblers don't ever have seemed to appeal to a mega rich benefactor.

Despite a large proportion of supporters are resigned to us being forever a lower league team it still surprises me that nobody with a fat wallet has thought that there was serious potential to be exploited (exploited in a good way that is!).

The "Rugby Town" thing doesn't cut it with me.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #27677 on: November 20, 2020, 10:11:02 am »

Off at a bit of a tangent the town is classed by population as the 21st largest city/town in England (do not be misled by the most easily accessed census figures which are based on local authority areas which, as a local example, include Brixworth in the population of Daventry).

Far larger than where many a current or past Premier League team is based and yet The Cobblers don't ever have seemed to appeal to a mega rich benefactor.

Despite a large proportion of supporters are resigned to us being forever a lower league team it still surprises me that nobody with a fat wallet has thought that there was serious potential to be exploited (exploited in a good way that is!).

The "Rugby Town" thing doesn't cut it with me.

You're not Beds in disguise are you, going on about catchment areas?

We had our halcyon days back in the sixties. We peaked too soon and didn't manage to get on the First Division/Premier League bandwagon like some other smaller clubs.

Look also at Ipswich for example. Ranked 84 places lower than us on the population rankings, but were still back in Div.1 when fans were allowed at matches getting crowds in the high teens to low twenties. Why? I hear you ask. They are pretty much the only man in town and they have a long history of top flight football behind them.

Hull however having spent a only a short time at the top get around 10-12 thousand but are 14 places above us on the list.

Population ranking does not come into it. The main issue for Northampton is that a large amount of the population are pobably only second or third generation and their fathers/grandfathers would have brought with them a love of their old local club, which for many were the London clubs(except fo Corby obviously).

Years of let's be honest pretty dire performance on and off the pitch did nothing to help the cause(remember when we used to think 2,000 was a good crowd at the County Ground). There was a good upward trend when Sixfields opened, but again some pretty cráp football and off the pitch shenanigans put paid to that.

The problem is that I can see no answer to this problem apart from a sugar daddy coming to our rescue and building a new stadium and a Premier League/Championship side. Finances will always dictate that when we bring a player on to achieve a higher standard of play he will always be sold to ease the playing budget burden for the next season and not used to build a team around, so the cycle of bad and absolute rubbush football will go on forever.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #27678 on: November 20, 2020, 10:16:28 am »

I haven't got a scooby would suffice!  Grin Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #27679 on: November 20, 2020, 10:24:56 am »

You're not Beds in disguise are you, going on about catchment areas?

We had our halcyon days back in the sixties. We peaked too soon and didn't manage to get on the First Division/Premier League bandwagon like some other smaller clubs.

Look also at Ipswich for example. Ranked 84 places lower than us on the population rankings, but were still back in Div.1 when fans were allowed at matches getting crowds in the high teens to low twenties. Why? I hear you ask. They are pretty much the only man in town and they have a long history of top flight football behind them.

Hull however having spent a only a short time at the top get around 10-12 thousand but are 14 places above us on the list.

Population ranking does not come into it. The main issue for Northampton is that a large amount of the population are pobably only second or third generation and their fathers/grandfathers would have brought with them a love of their old local club, which for many were the London clubs(except fo Corby obviously).

Years of let's be honest pretty dire performance on and off the pitch did nothing to help the cause(remember when we used to think 2,000 was a good crowd at the County Ground). There was a good upward trend when Sixfields opened, but again some pretty cráp football and off the pitch shenanigans put paid to that.

The problem is that I can see no answer to this problem apart from a sugar daddy coming to our rescue and building a new stadium and a Premier League/Championship side. Finances will always dictate that when we bring a player on to achieve a higher standard of play he will always be sold to ease the playing budget burden for the next season and not used to build a team around, so the cycle of bad and absolute rubbush football will go on forever.
The 'rugby town' thing always pisses me and many off, if factoring in all the dorment Liverpool, United, Arsenal etc brigade in Northampton.
However, whilst Tigers fans might also be a little miffed at the same suggestion, given Hull is home to both KR and FC rugby league clubs, pretty firm argument for stating that Hull is indeed a 'rugby town...erm, city'!
As for Northampton peaking too soon (in the sixties) like Covid-19...we are allowed more than one peak!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: