The Hotel End
April 14, 2021, 11:44:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 1406   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1102563 times)
everbrite

Akenfenwa best of the bunch since Steve Howard

View Profile
« Reply #28040 on: April 03, 2021, 22:36:15 pm »

Does your care home know you are self-medicating?

Grin

They would do if I was in one!

I know you don't appreciate KT but for some he gives meaning to their existence; take young Shoemender (distantly related to Shoey?), he lives' and breathes KT?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 23:39:56 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28041 on: April 08, 2021, 23:14:17 pm »

Another report looking at finances pre Covid and quite a straightforward approach to the position. Deloitte are also this week reporting a 25% reduction in revenue for this season for Europe’s top clubs and this transposes to an estimate 50% to the average lower league club. That should be a consideration when viewing the figures. I know this may be irritating and I often come across as the harbinger of doom, but I read all this impartial evaluation of the current financial position of football and I find it truly horrifying. The amount of talk on here, on the IACTM pod and everywhere else about investing in the team, finishing the stand, getting a new management team in, what we should have done pre-season, really?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/02/english-soccer-football-financial-crisis-leagues-project-big-picture/
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28042 on: April 09, 2021, 09:20:01 am »

Another report looking at finances pre Covid and quite a straightforward approach to the position. Deloitte are also this week reporting a 25% reduction in revenue for this season for Europe’s top clubs and this transposes to an estimate 50% to the average lower league club. That should be a consideration when viewing the figures. I know this may be irritating and I often come across as the harbinger of doom, but I read all this impartial evaluation of the current financial position of football and I find it truly horrifying. The amount of talk on here, on the IACTM pod and everywhere else about investing in the team, finishing the stand, getting a new management team in, what we should have done pre-season, really?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/04/02/english-soccer-football-financial-crisis-leagues-project-big-picture/

The thing that I take from this more than anything is the confirmation of the huge gap between what's needed to sustain a club that moves up a league, especially when approaching the top two divisions.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28043 on: April 09, 2021, 12:27:02 pm »

Another report looking at finances pre Covid and quite a straightforward approach to the position. Deloitte are also this week reporting a 25% reduction in revenue for this season for Europe’s top clubs and this transposes to an estimate 50% to the average lower league club. That should be a consideration when viewing the figures. I know this may be irritating and I often come across as the harbinger of doom, but I read all this impartial evaluation of the current financial position of football and I find it truly horrifying. The amount of talk on here, on the IACTM pod and everywhere else about investing in the team,    finishing the stand,    getting a new management team in, what we should have done pre-season, really?

What about the promises made a long time pre covid, ie money "ringfenced" to finish the stand. Not that I necessarily disagree with your other points, it's just that this was a
pre-requisite in getting the club in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28044 on: April 09, 2021, 17:44:19 pm »

What about the promises made a long time pre covid, ie money "ringfenced" to finish the stand. Not that I necessarily disagree with your other points, it's just that this was a
It remains a reasonable viewpoint. However, in light of these revelations would you spend money on the stand at this point in time?
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28045 on: April 09, 2021, 19:14:08 pm »

It remains a reasonable viewpoint. However, in light of these revelations would you spend money on the stand at this point in time?

I wasn't suggesting spending money on the stand in the current climate as financially we're probably just about treading water albeit a long way from land and due to the covid situation we, or should I say he, obviously won't be spending any money on it in the near future or ever. I was merely suggesting it should have been done a long time ago with the money allegedly "ringfenced" for the job. Not even allegedly, actually stated as fact.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28046 on: April 10, 2021, 11:50:02 am »

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28047 on: April 10, 2021, 12:40:29 pm »

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

😮🙄🤔😴🙂
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #28048 on: April 10, 2021, 13:39:00 pm »

BTW. Did you know Prince Philip si dead?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28049 on: April 10, 2021, 13:41:58 pm »

BTW. Did you know Prince Philip si dead?

Blimey. Another thread needs merging.
Report Spam   Logged
random

View Profile
« Reply #28050 on: April 11, 2021, 11:14:15 am »

You can't blame KT on the back of one performance BUT......
I said (to myself Grin) lets see how KT reacts to a second chance at being in League 1, DC was always desperate to be there but on the evidence (or fact if like) of this season KT really is not bothered.

Good chance we will finish bottom and lowest scorers by a long way.

Surely that is a very clear sign to the fence sitters that KT, other than pay the bills, is not ever ever ever going to take us forward.

I am still fuming that our real loyal, dedicated fans accepted it when KT said our club is not worth developing. WTF!!!  We are destined to be League 2 or lower for the next 50 years REALLY Huh?

I don't care in the short about the East stand but we have to start developing an actual plan of how we are going to change. The main reason I blame KT and not the managers and coaches so much is our reputation within football. Other than money and location why as a professional football would you choice to play for us?  and thats the problem, to attract players we pay through the nose, causing bigger loses than we should have, which means we cut costs elsewhere, we means everything else is poor, resulting in having to pay even more to get some players. and the circle gets smaller and smaller.

We have nothing to offer, nothing, very poor facilities, poor ground, no training ground and owners who ain't in the country and are not mega wealthy and not interested in making the club successful. Its why the part-time fans ain't interested and why we can't afford or attract even half decent players.

Is this what you lot on here really want from your club?  Really ?

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Akenfenwa best of the bunch since Steve Howard

View Profile
« Reply #28051 on: April 11, 2021, 11:47:11 am »

You can't blame KT on the back of one performance BUT......
I said (to myself Grin) lets see how KT reacts to a second chance.....

Surely that is a very clear sign to the fence sitters that KT, other than pay the bills, is not ever ever ever going to take us forward.

I am still fuming that our real loyal, dedicated fans accepted it when KT said our club is not worth developing. WTF!!!  We are destined to be League 2 or lower for the next 50 years REALLY

Some rhetoric implied here!  I do wonder if you have any business acumen at all. We simply do not have the funds available now to develop us as a club as COVID has seen to that. The long and short of it is most Cobblers fans just prefer to have a league club to support. If you attend away games fans and chat to them you will soon realise that the outspoken experts on here are very much in the minority. It’s just a simple fact. The current two main board directors are business men hoping to recover losses by a land deal! Like a few on here you appear to take on the mantle of a Latter Day Saint in criticising the Directors for all our woes and some even by libellous insinuations (not you). It would help if you and your like would grow some or form a consortium and buy the Club and treat us all to some fanciful magic dreams!  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 11:50:51 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Larry

View Profile
« Reply #28052 on: April 11, 2021, 12:30:07 pm »

People might forget it was Wilder's call to his old Oxford mate that alerted KT to the opportunity (if you can call it that) at The Cobblers. CW rather left him in the lurch after gaining promotion knowing full well there wasn't the budget to sustain a League One place.
Perhaps it's time for CW to return the favour to the chap that kept him in a job.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28053 on: April 11, 2021, 13:06:53 pm »

No.. Nobody with an ounce of sanity wants to look at the East stand like it is. Or face possible relegation. But like you and a few others on here, we’re not sure what to do. In my opinion, and I have said it numerous times, the original lease agreement is the key. If there is nothing in it about maintaining the ground, or about the East stand, we’re stuck with what with have. I’d imagine after many years of the Teust doing nothing more than making the odd noise, they must have requested the lease. As well as exploring how concrete any promises that were made are..

Just imagine a crazy world, where the supporters of NTFC had a representative body, that could could make it their purpose to drill into the detail of any agreement, and in turn hold to account either those that run the club, or those that should have held those that run the club to account. The ground is on a bloody lease. That has to be the starting point.

Now all we need is that representative body.... 😀😀😛😛
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #28054 on: April 11, 2021, 13:27:13 pm »

Did the Trusts mammoth FOI request ask for a copy of the lease agreement between the council and the club?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #28055 on: April 11, 2021, 15:22:49 pm »

Just imagine a crazy world, where the supporters of NTFC had a representative body, that could could make it their purpose to drill into the detail of any agreement, and in turn hold to account either those that run the club, or those that should have held those that run the club to account. The ground is on a bloody lease. That has to be the starting point.

Now all we need is that representative body.... 😀😀😛😛

Fishing again Terry, I thought you would have realised that no one on the Trust board reads this anymore  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #28056 on: April 11, 2021, 16:56:17 pm »

From a report about the complex and relationship between Athletics club, Ntfc and nbc.

It was realised that Northampton Borough Council has no repairing responsibilities for the Stadium complex. The Council has the right to inspect the property twice per annum and can serve notices to require works to be completed – if the Football Club is found to be in breach of the Lease.

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/councillors/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=16839
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28057 on: April 11, 2021, 17:02:47 pm »

Fishing again Terry, I thought you would have realised that no one on the Trust board reads this anymore  Wink

They don't? Oh....ok!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28058 on: April 11, 2021, 17:11:10 pm »

From a report about the complex and relationship between Athletics club, Ntfc and nbc.

It was realised that Northampton Borough Council has no repairing responsibilities for the Stadium complex. The Council has the right to inspect the property twice per annum and can serve notices to require works to be completed – if the Football Club is found to be in breach of the Lease.

http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/councillors/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=16839

And this has long been the way! The Council built the ground and lease it out to the club for a peppercorn rent. The Club is obliged to keep on top of general maintenance and for any redevelopment undertaken. If it wasn't this way then why does the Football Club list the unfinished East Stand as an asset on their balance sheet to the value of around £2.4 million?
Remember all the talk of the millstone around the Councils neck, the £500k a year annual upkeep of the stadium site.....that was taken on by the Club as part of the lease arrangement.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #28059 on: April 11, 2021, 17:41:46 pm »

They don't? Oh....ok!  Grin
I keep forgetting you new boys !  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 [1403] 1404 1405 1406   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: