The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:48:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819255 times)
Cornish Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #28800 on: June 25, 2021, 22:37:38 pm »

Not a massive fan of the council or the owners but rather than continue with the compromise that is the East/Sixfields, is now not the time to try and do things properly and actually show some ambition (this applies to both parties). Develop the lot in exchange for a new purpose built ground (of a decent bloody size!) / training complex elsewhere (built by the developer) and permanentely erase the stain of what’s gone on with the East. If there is indeed significant worth in the land then surely it could be a win, win for everyone (including the taxpayer and any potential new owner). What a statement that would make especially if the club were really able to kick on. I appreciate the above scenario is unlikely and my view is simplistic (in the extreme!) but if there is a chance to do something differently and collectively move on then it should be taken.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28801 on: June 25, 2021, 22:44:06 pm »

Has anyone seen some projected figures on what income the development is likely to generate? Additionally is there a cost associated with the East Stand completion, because they almost certainly exist. I haven’t seen anything, but for me they are the truly important points to establish if it is a worthwhile exercise that provides value for money. If favourable it also may address concerns some have over the completion of the wider deal?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 22:46:25 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28802 on: June 25, 2021, 22:56:28 pm »

Has anyone seen some projected figures on what income the development is likely to generate? Additionally is there a cost associated with the East Stand completion, because they almost certainly exist. I haven’t seen anything, but for me they are the truly important points to establish if it is a worthwhile exercise that provides value for money. If favourable it also may address concerns some have over the completion of the wider deal?
Around £3m to finish the stand, which will be added to the debt and then recovered when the land deal goes through.
Seriously how much do people think the land deal is worth, do you really think they have spent £7m and 6 years for a few hundred grand profit?
They need to recover £10m to break even.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28803 on: June 25, 2021, 22:57:06 pm »

Is that an observation or an offer?
Observation Melly.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28804 on: June 25, 2021, 22:57:32 pm »

Fair play to you Dan, total respect for you.

When he did a Q&A on Facebook in 2019, I was vocal… this was my first chance to speak face to face and felt it was right.

I’m not happy with the final drawings as I want to see a full rebuild, but the design is far better than the current eyesore.

He did allow me A LOT of time today and I am confident that I’ll have been more honest with him than anyone else who went about critiques. I sense he actually appreciated some honesty and in fairness, I’d say that was mutual. He said a lot which would not be featuring in a Gareth Wilshere Broom cupboard video and I respect that.

I’m not sold on things at all and told him as much. But I am getting my season ticket. I want to back the boys and get them back to League 1.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28805 on: June 25, 2021, 23:45:39 pm »

Around £3m to finish the stand, which will be added to the debt and then recovered when the land deal goes through.
Seriously how much do people think the land deal is worth, do you really think they have spent £7m and 6 years for a few hundred grand profit?
They need to recover £10m to break even.
I’m still left wondering what projected increase in revenue they will generate from the stand though? If the stand is to be an asset that is obtained as a result of the development then revenue generated has to be a significant part of any feasibility evaluation. Ultimately it’s not bunting put up to make the place look nice, it’s a revenue stream so the anticipated amount is a vital piece of information in all this.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3355

« Reply #28806 on: June 25, 2021, 23:51:00 pm »

Pay 3m and finish the stand.

Pay 1m to knock it down then 8m to build a great stand.

I know which one makes business sense.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28807 on: June 26, 2021, 00:46:24 am »

Pay 3m and finish the stand.

Pay 1m to knock it down then 8m to build a great stand.

I know which one makes business sense.

True, making the best of the existing structure to generate (some) revenue and improve the matchday experience for sponsors etc was the only realistic option at this stage, an increase in capacity was never viable without huge external investment as part of an aligned development which is not forthcoming.

As KT said, the north and south are available should they wish to increase capacity later.

About all we could possibly hope for right now!

Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28808 on: June 26, 2021, 03:30:03 am »

What the fûck are you going on about? What’s my ego got to do with anything? If you can’t see what’s going on then you are either complicit or on the pay role.

What has “what’s going on” got to do with anything I say? You have to know that I am referring to virtually all of your recent posts alluding to some potential big news. I have like most, been an observer and sometimes commenter on this nature of post for years now. Vintage consistently promised us impending doom, as have you. If it means that you interpret how bored I am of know it alls, as being “complicit or on the pay role” then you run with that like select few have before. But how about trying something new, like accommodating the fact that like most I might just be hoping that you and a few others would have the conviction to just spit it out. You have always struck me as someone who would deride or challenge someone who has been reduced to sewing doubt without substance, but no. You’ve fell into the same trap as a few others. If there is genuine news/evidence out there that puts some wrong doing or criminality to light, of course I would rather it just come out. Like most, I’ve been waiting for years for the “oil to rise to the top”. Whatever happens, one thing you can rest assured of. Is that it certainly isn’t going to make a dent in my confidence in anyone. Unlike some, I never invested an ounce of trust in anyone involved… Ever 😀😀😀 I've known what this is about from all involved, right from the get go.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #28809 on: June 26, 2021, 05:30:44 am »

I will shake Mr Thomas's hand (after Covid restrictions) IF WNC give planning permission before Christmas, IF Buckingham's are on site by early 2022, IF it is completed by the start of the 2022/23 season.
There we are 'timescales!'.

I do not care if KT/DB make a healthy profit from a land deal because they put money where their mouths are. It was open to anybody to step forward BUT they did not!

Manwork do you think if the land was worth your laughable £100 million statement, somebody like David Jackson or Barry Stonhill would have been all over it?

I am getting to an age where I just need to see facilities compatible to a League 1 club. I can not wait for another decade of pontifications.

Over to KT and WNC.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #28810 on: June 26, 2021, 07:32:50 am »

I will shake Mr Thomas's hand (after Covid restrictions) IF WNC give planning permission before Christmas, IF Buckingham's are on site by early 2022, IF it is completed by the start of the 2022/23 season.

I do not care if KT/DB make a healthy profit from a land deal because they put money where their mouths are. It was open to anybody to step forward BUT they did not!

Manwork do you think if the land was worth your laughable £100 million statement, somebody like David Jackson or Barry Stonhill would have been all over it?

I am getting to an age where I just need to see facilities compatible to a League 1 club. I can not wait for another decade of pontifications.

Over to KT and WNC.

Totally agree.
I’m not waiting for some legacy for my grandchildren.
I’d just like to see a finished ground, a settled club and hopefully (one day) a season in the Championship. At the moment I’m not sure we’ll see any of that before we’re all being driven to away games by our self navigating electric cars.
50 years of crap with the odd golden moments, 10 years of politics, crooks and talk.
Build the stand, hand them the lease and move on.
Whatever KT tried to achieve yesterday has probably worked on me. It’s just taken and rolled on far too long. If they do ever walk away with a few million, then it will have taken a lot more investment, time and headaches to get there.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28811 on: June 26, 2021, 07:35:32 am »

What has “what’s going on” got to do with anything I say? You have to know that I am referring to virtually all of your recent posts alluding to some potential big news. I have like most, been an observer and sometimes commenter on this nature of post for years now. Vintage consistently promised us impending doom, as have you. If it means that you interpret how bored I am of know it alls, as being “complicit or on the pay role” then you run with that like select few have before. But how about trying something new, like accommodating the fact that like most I might just be hoping that you and a few others would have the conviction to just spit it out. You have always struck me as someone who would deride or challenge someone who has been reduced to sewing doubt without substance, but no. You’ve fell into the same trap as a few others. If there is genuine news/evidence out there that puts some wrong doing or criminality to light, of course I would rather it just come out. Like most, I’ve been waiting for years for the “oil to rise to the top”. Whatever happens, one thing you can rest assured of. Is that it certainly isn’t going to make a dent in my confidence in anyone. Unlike some, I never invested an ounce of trust in anyone involved… Ever 😀😀😀 I've known what this is about from all involved, right from the get go.
So have I, right from the first presentation, what really irritates me is pleading poverty when in reality it hasn’t cost them a penny!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #28812 on: June 26, 2021, 07:38:53 am »

I’ve also got back after a long talk with Kelvin.

I told him I’m a critic and wasn’t going to hide behind a screen when the chance came to have a word. I’ve always said this and will do at the start, he is a good salesmen. I fully see how he’s been successful.

Takeaways from the chat.

They’ve done the best that they can with what has been left. They wanted to knock it down but it’s too expensive.
They’ve had the drawings since April.
The club owns the land behind the East Stand, not any individual.
West Northamptonshire council are far more supportive, and the Northamptonshire Labour Party have also backed him.
Timeline, he’s hoping within six months.
Trust was obviously mentioned and I said both  parties have handled things badly throughout. Won’t say what followed out of respect to both parties.

Footballing chat
Racic, Bolger and Mitchell panned.
Oliver didn’t sign because people at the club reported he’d not manage two games a week.
Turnbull released was Curles decision.
Firm decisions made early r.e. Watson and Jones.

I am still in the, believe it when I see it camp. I’m glad I went and challenged him on multiple topics. Fingers crossed something happens because I want to see this club push forward. Absolutely sick of league two every couple of years.

If only it was every couple of years, Dan !!!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28813 on: June 26, 2021, 07:41:20 am »

Over to KT and WNC.
They were, but were beaten to it because KT had £4m ring fenced to finished the stand and signed an MoU to that effect.
You can reverse engineer the value KT and DB need £10m to break even so do the council the rest will be split (another bone of contention). Cardoza was offered £27m for the land back in 2014 and that was massively under price.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28814 on: June 26, 2021, 09:04:49 am »

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/june/open_letter/?fbclid=IwAR1sowFoelY-CK4jeKjidweNmHtlyDdcqm5NPKsVOGBP95fDDzm--dKO6k0
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #28815 on: June 26, 2021, 09:24:25 am »

Wow! If this is a true representation from the staff, it's a really damming statement against the Trust.

Can anyone who's seen the derogatory posts mentioned corroborate that they are a true representation?

I, along with many others, have taken part in the Fit Cobblers programme. I can only advise from my perspective, but Akshay and Mark, who ran the programme were brilliant and informative and, to this day, still support our Alumni in a WhatsApp group, over a year since our group finished.

I would be extremely disappointed in the Trust and its board if it were indeed true that a SM post purporting to put down the community activities of the club was in the public domain. For me personally, having just this week gone onto the Trust website to look at joining and subscribing to the Club 500, this open letter with its revelations has completely switched me off.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28816 on: June 26, 2021, 09:37:46 am »

That is a hell of a letter, the staff are not best pleased at all. Unbelievable that the staff at a Football Club feel they need to send a letter like that to a supporters body, they are truly upset. If that is their feeling then they deserve every credit for standing up for what they believe,  well done.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #28817 on: June 26, 2021, 09:39:51 am »

Looks like the club are coming out fighting to a man (and woman). Good on them, I say.

I'd also be interested in seeing the quoted social media posts. I don't doubt they exist and I'm sure the club have a record of them, but seeing the context would be useful (not that there's an excuse for saying any of it, I'd just like to see how it came up)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 09:58:18 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #28818 on: June 26, 2021, 09:51:51 am »

The trust act like a militant union group with a hidden agenda.

They lost any respect from me after the signing of documents for DC came to light..Which is still under the carpet... Roll Eyes

Appreciate what the club staff have done today ....
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #28819 on: June 26, 2021, 09:59:53 am »

Staff like their boss who pays them on time and is rarely there.... what a surprise !!!!!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 [1441] 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: