The Hotel End
January 23, 2022, 00:46:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 1543   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1200571 times)
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #29880 on: October 29, 2021, 20:55:39 pm »

This thread has now reached hallucinogenic levels not seen since Jefferson Airplane shared an omelette.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29881 on: October 29, 2021, 20:58:43 pm »

Thereís a lot of talk but itís up to David.
Letís see what he thinks and if itís a yes we can all get behind the idea.

Personally the more itís ramped up the more people may be disappointed.
Take a leaf out of KTs book

Promise little , deliver big.

Any timescale on when the plans may be put before David for his evaluation of the project.

Are we talking a few months or a few yearsÖ.
Who is drawing up the plans for David to look at and whose paying for them?

To be fair Steve if you are paying for this out of your own pocket you have my upmost respect as itís a risk and you are putting your money where your mouth is so fair play to you.

Will you be posting the plans on here prior to showing them to David to gauge fan response.

Keep it up
Your hearts in the right place.
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #29882 on: October 30, 2021, 00:30:14 am »

This thread has now reached hallucinogenic levels not seen since Jefferson Airplane shared an omelette.

Its moved to a Jefferson Starship level now..

But..Dare to dream..

Im a believer in this potential project.

Great work and thoughts, by Mr Massive
Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #29883 on: October 30, 2021, 00:33:05 am »

Made a slight amendment to make it more Teyn

You bugger..The last skittle table I saw was in the Crown Weston around 1982..Id have no chance now, unless there's 6X beer.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #29884 on: October 30, 2021, 01:00:19 am »

You bugger..The last skittle table I saw was in the Crown Weston around 1982..Id have no chance now, unless there's 6X beer.
Gardeners Arms, or they did have the last time that I popped in. Good choice of beer by the way.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #29885 on: October 30, 2021, 01:19:22 am »

Bar billiards anyone?
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Massive Massey

View Profile
« Reply #29886 on: October 30, 2021, 02:34:23 am »

I think I had better outline some of the activities on offer before I let you absorb the last few pages. Iíve got a day job too!

The lower concourse level, directly behind the existing north stand would contain a long but relatively narrow approx 50m x 5m multi-purpose sports hall, something for everyone in the local area.

Inside would house one full size bowling rink which when not in use covered with the purpose built floor to allow for a variety of activities, archery, the smaller version in darts, or with the goal in place a room for shooting practice. The take on Super Sam shoot out penalty competition is born! On match days the goal takes priority.

There would also be two full size snooker tables in their own area, you canít be moving those around.  Skittles, hell yes, this is Northamptonshire. There will be a claret baize pool table for use on the Upper Tier main concourse.

On entrance to the lower concourse there would be a reception foyer to assist with the booking and rental of these rooms and of course the Northampton ďClubhouseĒ would be the only place in town to watch major TV sports events, Euros, World Cup, even those dull Premier League games on at odd times. Where shall we meet to watch it? Wonít be a question any more.

Enjoy the game, 3 points and a walk around the north car park.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #29887 on: October 30, 2021, 09:20:01 am »

I think I had better outline some of the activities on offer before I let you absorb the last few pages. Iíve got a day job too!

Skittles, hell yes, this is Northamptonshire. There will be a claret baize pool table for use on the Upper Tier main concourse.

How about an Aunt Sally for those of us from the South of the county?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29888 on: October 30, 2021, 09:37:16 am »

I can hardly wait to return when the east stand is full of executive boxes and the north stand is a huge home end with its in built brewery and great atmosphere  Shocked

Il hardly recognise the place  Wink

I hope it wonít take too long  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Massive Massey

View Profile
« Reply #29889 on: November 01, 2021, 08:52:13 am »

Any timescale on when the plans may be put before David for his evaluation of the project.

To be fair Steve if you are paying for this out of your own pocket you have my upmost respect as itís a risk and you are putting your money where your mouth is so fair play to you.

Will you be posting the plans on here prior to showing them to David to gauge fan response.

Keep it up

Thank you, but we will not be speaking with David just yet.

There is nothing in law that prevents me making plans to build over, on or around your house. Thatís for me and indeed my plans are my property. I do not need to discuss my plans with you. If I do knock at your door and offer you twice the market value, its then up to you to be stubborn or not!

We are coming at this project with the greatest respect for Kelvin and David, we are all painfully aware of the immense problems left in the wake of the Cardoza era and their support at a crucial time has been vital, I was present at the RCJ for the first petition reading. It is our intent to support the current owners in every way possible but our foremost mission is to the future of Northampton Town Football Club and the broader local community. We are not totally sure if the club is for sale so there is a question over our future again, this is a direct response to that uncertainty.

We all walk quite happily into any chain restaurant without consideration of where the profits go. The substantial profit from this venture will be spent on direct benefits for the residents of Upton the wider Northamptonshire community and invested with Jon Brady to expand the academy and bring in new exciting players. Back this plan and we keep Ivan Toney for longer and we will see Northampton sign a £1m player. It has been mentioned seats donít buy a better team, well in this instance they will.

We have nothing to discuss with the club owners or council until we are ready. They will be very aware of our plans and will have no doubt read the full prospectus on social media, in the papers or even seen it on TV who knows the interest? They can even become Club 2000 member if they wish.

All Club 2000 subscribers will be totally aware we have not yet spoken to either club or council when asking for our initial £500 pledge, our clear aim is to raise £1 million first with the further £2m pledged before we enter the meeting.

Members can pay the first installment of £500 minimum or any amount they wish. Personally I will purchase 3 seats outright and the first name will be Brian Lomax, he will have the first seat in this stand. Itís often said on here what a catchment area we have and the potential, well letís firmly put it to the test.

When ďthe meetingĒ is finally scheduled they will know every detail of our plans and how we intend to finance this community project. No, ďnice plan but how do you intend to pay for it?Ē The emphasis (and cameras) will firmly be on elected council members to their response and to make it happen or not. In all honesty weíre only asking to put up a community sports pavilion on an unused car park whatís the harm in that?

This meeting will be screened live for all Club 2000 members and of course the wider public, they are the financiers so they have a right to be present, transparency all the way and we are now in a new world of online conference. If they donít answer the door to us we send in Dom Littlewood. If for any reason the club owners/ council cannot find it within themselves to grant this public paid development all funds will be returned. At least their reasons will be public.

This may seem a little anarchic to some but nobody enters a meeting without having everything fully prepared and costed, our preparation is public and nothing we can do about that.

Why should the costs of a ďNorthampton TownĒ Football Club be met wholly by an individual and not be part of a true modern co-operative?

You have two options. Save up £500 in time for next summer and join the club or continue your self-imposed exile, which do you think will have the most impact?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29890 on: November 01, 2021, 09:59:31 am »

In answer to your question Steve
Out of the two options I will continue my self imposed exile until the east stand is built.

The reason for this is however good am idea I think redeveloping the north actually is , it is my opinion that

1) I donít think the owners will be interested in it (although Iíd love to be wrong) hence why I keep banging on about first seeing how the land lies with David before getting well down the ideas stage only to find out itís over before itís begun.

2) I think starting this scheme  is the right idea at the wrong time and dilutes from the main issue which is the failed east stand redevelopment.
I think fans should be pressurising to get this issue sorted before diluting that pressure by starting another campaign.

Imo the fans should be doing something to get the east stand redevelopment back on track.

I did by deciding years ago that all didnít seem right to me due to the timescales and lack of progress.
Time has proved me right whatever spin is put on it and I donít regret staying away one bit.

Whilst the money continues to come through the turnstiles there is no urgency for anything to progress , itís just one year after year of the same old story.

In no way am I knocking the principle of your idea , I just think itís better to target one issue before moving onto the next.

I think that is a fair point.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29891 on: November 01, 2021, 16:30:51 pm »

In answer to your question Steve
Out of the two options I will continue my self imposed exile until the east stand is built.

The reason for this is

Iím full of opinions. But none of them extend past my keyboardÖ..
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #29892 on: November 01, 2021, 17:02:47 pm »

Iím full of opinions. But none of them extend past my keyboardÖ..
Iím sorry to hear that.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #29893 on: November 01, 2021, 17:53:04 pm »

Keep it up
Think Beds, Random, Carton and a whole lot more might be a tad bemused by this little insertion!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29894 on: November 01, 2021, 18:04:26 pm »

I can hardly wait to return when the east stand is full of executive boxes and the north stand is a huge home end with its in built brewery and great atmosphere  Shocked

Il hardly recognise the place  Wink

I hope it wonít take too long  Roll Eyes

I cannot understand your self imposed exile?
You haven't been to a Cobblers game for 5 or 6 years?
Have you been watching any other live games, or have you been sneaking into Sixfields?
Seems like a stance that, although with the best of principled intentions originally, has a masochistic/narcissistic slant that is actually achieving nothing, aside from depriving yourself of something that is/was in your blood?
Bite the bullet, you've served your penance, come on back... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

ďThey shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.Ē Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #29895 on: November 01, 2021, 22:51:14 pm »

I cannot understand your self imposed exile?
You haven't been to a Cobblers game for 5 or 6 years?
Have you been watching any other live games, or have you been sneaking into Sixfields?
Seems like a stance that, although with the best of principled intentions originally, has a masochistic/narcissistic slant that is actually achieving nothing, aside from depriving yourself of something that is/was in your blood?
Bite the bullet, you've served your penance, come on back... Wink
Not only his self imposed exile, his constant negative barriers for every step, with thinly veiled caveats of support that fool few I'd imagine...and irritatingly refering to 'David' as if he's a personal friend!
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #29896 on: November 02, 2021, 00:17:59 am »

What is the point boycotting the Team you support ? What does it achieve,  how will it achieve anything ? Particularly when nearly all the posters are here are anonymous , I'm boycotting supporting the team I say I support, but I'm not going to tell you who I am !!! Ridiculous. 
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29897 on: November 02, 2021, 11:07:14 am »

Proposed deal on the land development to be presented at a full council meeting in December.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3359
« Reply #29898 on: November 02, 2021, 12:42:19 pm »

I saw that but couldn't read the full article.
https://www.nnjournal.co.uk/p/cobblers-land-deal-step-closer?r=d8ltb&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=
Report Spam   Logged
WhiteDogDo

View Profile
« Reply #29899 on: November 02, 2021, 14:03:01 pm »

Proposed deal on the land development to be presented at a full council meeting in December.

Could I ask, for a Trust statement on this deal please?
Is the Trust going to dive in and veto it with the people on the Trust from WNDC or has this been pre approved by the Trust and itís WNDC people already?

Hopefully itís the latter and progress may finally be with us.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 1543   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: