The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:09:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1844797 times)
Shoemender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #29880 on: November 04, 2021, 04:18:37 am »

We’ve probably lost count of the claims of “good news” around the corner in the last 1,500 pages.
Let’s get the builders in, pay them and keep them there this time.
You can see the next saga being over how much they got the land for and how much they sell it for. Most won’t care.

It’ll just be nice to have a finished ground and ideally some bigger end stands in the next 5 years, or before some of us die

My thoughts entirely. A decent ground and at least a few seasons in the championship before some of us die.
We can all but hope.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #29881 on: November 04, 2021, 06:01:38 am »

I hope fans put pressure on KT/DB to complete the East Stand ASAP, after all the delays, because Cllr Nunn said the WNC want it completed within 3 years but NTFC were requesting FIVE years!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #29882 on: November 04, 2021, 06:07:19 am »

I hope fans put pressure on KT/DB to complete the East Stand ASAP, after all the delays, because Cllr Nunn said the WNC want it completed within 3 years but NTFC were requesting FIVE years!

Hmm. We better not hold our breaths then. Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29883 on: November 04, 2021, 06:58:56 am »

I’d like to see the estimates for remediation because unless they are building a nuclear power plant they won’t be able to build much on it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #29884 on: November 04, 2021, 08:03:46 am »

i have no issue with the owners profiteering from the land particularly .
Providing the stand is finished and has the £10 million spent on it originally granted by the council then fair play to them . They took the club on in the belief that some money could be made . If they hadn’t done so , we could have disappeared altogether .
Hopefully , success for them as individuals means more money put into the club and a completed stand encourages outside potential investors .
They have bought the land at a competitive rate it seems and so the tax payer can’t have an issue with that either as far as i see it .
Common sense has prevailed hasn’t it ?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29885 on: November 04, 2021, 08:49:42 am »

i have no issue with the owners profiteering from the land particularly .
Providing the stand is finished and has the £10 million spent on it originally granted by the council then fair play to them . They took the club on in the belief that some money could be made . If they hadn’t done so , we could have disappeared altogether .
Hopefully , success for them as individuals means more money put into the club and a completed stand encourages outside potential investors .
They have bought the land at a competitive rate it seems and so the tax payer can’t have an issue with that either as far as i see it .
Common sense has prevailed hasn’t it ?
It seems so, but as the trust says, the devil is in the detail.
Please don’t say we would have gone out of business if KT and DB hadn’t have come along there were other interested parties FACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29886 on: November 04, 2021, 08:59:49 am »

And disabled platform
Get our disabled fans a better view as well with an area above the 12th row.
This small change would give us an extra 200-300 seats.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #29887 on: November 04, 2021, 09:17:53 am »

It seems so, but as the trust says, the devil is in the detail.
Please don’t say we would have gone out of business if KT and DB hadn’t have come along there were other interested parties FACT.

I would love to know their names. Strangely… Even in confidence I have never heard anything about anyone other than a bridging board. Two of those I have worked with and know. They don’t know of anyone else. So I’m going to ignore the “FACT” part of assertion in that direction.

Of course their was another local millionaire who some of the Trust board courted for a while. But we won't go into that.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #29888 on: November 04, 2021, 09:59:24 am »

Get our disabled fans a better view as well with an area above the 12th row.
This small change would give us an extra 200-300 seats.

Yes I see it now - although I'm a sad man spending the morning studying pictures of the carbuncle that is the East stand - I'd 100% welcome a better match day experience for disabled folk although overall I still say get it done asap and focus on another 4000 seats elsewhere - I'd love the corners filled in as well as nothing shouts lower league more than watching people go for a leak or a burger at the two ends (although at the old hotel end you could almost do both at the same time!)
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29889 on: November 04, 2021, 10:00:22 am »

I would love to know their names. Strangely… Even in confidence I have never heard anything about anyone other than a bridging board. Two of those I have worked with and know. They don’t know of anyone else. So I’m going to ignore the “FACT” part of assertion in that direction.

Of course their was another local millionaire who some of the Trust board courted for a while. But we won't go into that.  Grin
Isn't it out of season for fishing ?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29890 on: November 04, 2021, 10:03:44 am »

Isn't it out of season for fishing ?
Certainties in life, Death, Taxes and Tel trying to fish for attention.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29891 on: November 04, 2021, 10:07:56 am »

Yes I see it now - although I'm a sad man spending the morning studying pictures of the carbuncle that is the East stand - I'd 100% welcome a better match day experience for disabled folk although overall I still say get it done asap and focus on another 4000 seats elsewhere - I'd love the corners filled in as well as nothing shouts lower league more than watching people go for a leak or a burger at the two ends (although at the old hotel end you could almost do both at the same time!)
If we did what I am suggesting the stand would look like Oldham’s new stand.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #29892 on: November 04, 2021, 10:08:13 am »

I'm with you, always thought filling the corners would improve both the feel and capacity of the stadium
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29893 on: November 04, 2021, 10:49:20 am »

There were several other parties displaying interest. Not sure if I should divulge, but here goes;

The Conservative Party - planned to turn Sixfields into either a golf course or training facilities for the Saints.

The Labour Party - planned for either a mosque or giant food bank.

The Liberal Democrats - planned hotel (refugees only)

UKIP - planned holding compound (ditto) and force feeding them Greene King.

Wahey!
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #29894 on: November 04, 2021, 11:49:37 am »

There were several other parties displaying interest. Not sure if I should divulge, but here goes;

The Conservative Party - planned to turn Sixfields into either a golf course or training facilities for the Saints.

The Labour Party - planned for either a mosque or giant food bank.

The Liberal Democrats - planned hotel (refugees only)

UKIP - planned holding compound (ditto) and force feeding them Greene King.

Wahey!
Guess you live in Bants Lane?
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29895 on: November 04, 2021, 12:25:38 pm »

I'm with you, always thought filling the corners would improve both the feel and capacity of the stadium
And cut down on the wind blowing through them corners !
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29896 on: November 04, 2021, 13:37:04 pm »

If we did what I am suggesting the stand would look like Oldham’s new stand.

I thought that we were going to have a high disabled area like in the old East Stand?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #29897 on: November 04, 2021, 13:37:31 pm »

Guess you live in Bants Lane?
There or Edgar Boobs Way!  Wink
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 15:17:02 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #29898 on: November 04, 2021, 14:37:16 pm »

Struggling to get my head around why three more years would be needed?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #29899 on: November 04, 2021, 15:19:20 pm »

Struggling to get my head around why three more years would be needed?
Yes. Five years is feet dragging beyond belief I would have thought!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 [1495] 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: