The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 13:28:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1846322 times)
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #29980 on: November 11, 2021, 11:40:04 am »

It wouldn't be quick, it wouldn't be easy and at this stage totally counterproductive. There is zero profit in wet sales alone and unless a 365 day operation almost impossible to staff.

The club has clearly offered the Trust/supporters via the NHE project the opportunity to provide plans for the north stand area.

Poking "I want" sticks at KT when he has just submitted clear plans for the east stand completion, incorporating bars and catering is frankly hindering the club not helping!

I think it would be very prudent for anyone who has the best interests of the club to wait just a short while longer and consider the forthcoming plans for the north stand car park area. The Trust and NHE project have been contacted for their support.
I've seen some images of the New North Stand plan as a single-tier still but with the added surrounding structure. Will there be any images showing it as the second tier as you have stated, or am I mis-reading it?
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #29981 on: November 11, 2021, 11:59:44 am »

FFS THERE WERE OTHERS, you don’t seem to want to believe it so that’s up to you. Here’s an idea you only seem to believe KT so why don’t you ask him?

There were other names mentioned in the press at the time, but apart from the ex Directors consortium who came out and said they didn't have the money to take the club forward, the rest of the names appeared to have no connection to Northampton. So why would they have been interested? Same reason as KT/DB?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #29982 on: November 11, 2021, 12:10:37 pm »

Responses expected  as below  Grin
Good standard..... NOT FAST ENOUGH
Get it finished quickly......RUBBISH WHAT ABOUT THE QUALITY?
We know it's coming....
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29983 on: November 11, 2021, 12:19:45 pm »

I can definitely vouch for the challenges around contractors and materials. There always seems to be a shortage of something. I'm currently on a lead time of March 2022 for cardboard to name but one.
The cost of stuff (supply and demand) has also gone through the roof. An example of one being polycarbonate, which effectively doubled overnight during the pandemic due to the amount of screens, shields etc being made.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29984 on: November 11, 2021, 12:26:32 pm »

Hopefully more will become apparent in the new year,  but people will still complain, I would imagine a few people on here can't wait for dates, plans etc just so they can go onto full blown moan mode 😉
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3359

« Reply #29985 on: November 11, 2021, 12:28:04 pm »

FFS THERE WERE OTHERS, you don’t seem to want to believe it so that’s up to you. Here’s an idea you only seem to believe KT so why don’t you ask him?
I fully believe there were others interested. But none willing to ring fence / commit any funds to complete the stand. So exactly how were they better than KT?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29986 on: November 11, 2021, 12:43:34 pm »

I fully believe there were others interested. But none willing to ring fence / commit any funds to complete the stand. So exactly how were they better than KT?
It’s all hypocritical because it didn’t happen.
In business you tend to loose credibility when you say your going to do something sign an MoU to that effect then SIX years later have done nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29987 on: November 11, 2021, 12:50:56 pm »

In business you tend to loose credibility when you say your going to do something sign an MoU to that effect then SIX years later have done nothing.

'Hypothetical'
An MoU wasn't signed?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3359

« Reply #29988 on: November 11, 2021, 12:53:31 pm »

He has significantly delayed there's no denying that. But to say there was better options isn't correct. If they were they would have committed up front. No one did that.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29989 on: November 11, 2021, 12:57:57 pm »

He has significantly delayed there's no denying that. But to say there was better options isn't correct. If they were they would have committed up front. No one did that.
You can’t say that because there was massive time pressure due to the winding up order from the revenue.
The point I am making is there was other options.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29990 on: November 11, 2021, 13:02:27 pm »

'Hypothetical'
An MoU wasn't signed?
Bloody spellchecker……
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #29991 on: November 11, 2021, 13:02:34 pm »

You can’t say that because there was massive time pressure due to the winding up order from the revenue.
The point I am making is there was other options.
I can say that because KT managed it, so others could have.
Personally the person who moves with the speed to match the situation and is willing to commit finances at the time is the right person for me.

We can discuss about what's happened since (and we all have done that  Grin) But at the time there were two options, Trust or KT.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29992 on: November 11, 2021, 13:46:38 pm »

I can say that because KT managed it, so others could have.
Personally the person who moves with the speed to match the situation and is willing to commit finances at the time is the right person for me.

We can discuss about what's happened since (and we all have done that  Grin) But at the time there were two options, Trust or KT.
Now you’ve included the word “better” no one can know this because it’s all hypothetical, it didn’t happen.
My point is there were several other interested parties both at the time the club was in big trouble with HMRC and afterwards when KT was hawking the club out to all and sundry.
I posted on here about 4 years ago, I was playing golf with an exec of the FA when he showed me an email offering NTFC for sale.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #29993 on: November 11, 2021, 14:09:26 pm »

Now you’ve included the word “better” no one can know this because it’s all hypothetical, it didn’t happen.
My point is there were several other interested parties both at the time the club was in big trouble with HMRC and afterwards when KT was hawking the club out to all and sundry.
I posted on here about 4 years ago, I was playing golf with an exec of the FA when he showed me an email offering NTFC for sale.

I didn't include the word better. It was in the original post I replied to (this time round).
My point is that there were several others interested, but only one interested enough to get themselves into a position to proceed.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29994 on: November 11, 2021, 14:35:42 pm »

A few wildcards on FB suggesting that KT has played a blinder and pulled a fast one by grabbing the land at a knock down price. Someone suggesting he needs to merely 'pour some concrete over the top.'
You don't have to be an expert in construction or civil engineering to know that capping of contaminated land (of that size) is going to run into several million.
Far from jumping to anyone's defence but the simplistic and misguided outlook of some is staggering.

Regardless, he needs to finish the job at hand before deciding what to do with the land. It's fair to say there has to be easier ways to make money!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29995 on: November 11, 2021, 14:43:40 pm »

I also can't believe people are talking about ifs, buts and maybes from 6 years ago. If the infamous (never fully revealed) local consortium had stepped in, we'd probably be onto the next owners by now. I'm sure at least one of them passed away. I'm sure any big time Charlies with a few bob will get another go soon if they fancy spinning the wheel.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29996 on: November 11, 2021, 14:50:03 pm »

I've seen some images of the New North Stand plan as a single-tier still but with the added surrounding structure. Will there be any images showing it as the second tier as you have stated, or am I mis-reading it?

There has been no images of this plan released as they're still on the drawing board waiting to go digital, I wish I could share some!

You maybe thinking of the NHE project with a terrace and bandstand behind. Ours are significantly different, from pitchside it looks more like the Trent End at Nottingham Forest. Two tiers separated by glass boxes and because of that it will be taller than the west stand.

The "venue" sits underneath this new 2000 plus seat. Upper tier.

Seriously impressive.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29997 on: November 11, 2021, 14:50:50 pm »

We are where we are...
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29998 on: November 11, 2021, 15:24:03 pm »

Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29999 on: November 11, 2021, 15:24:45 pm »

You don't have to be an expert in construction or civil engineering to know that capping of contaminated land (of that size) is going to run into several million.

There are lots of different levels to which contaminated land can get remediated, for example if you wanted to build houses on the land it would need a lot more work than if you are putting, as suggested by KT, warehouses and storage sheds.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 [1500] 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: