The Hotel End
January 28, 2022, 16:51:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 1544   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1202260 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30360 on: November 26, 2021, 19:29:20 pm »

Steady.
Don't forget it's Tel's ball he shares with DC and the Marquis.
Tel and myself are mates.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30361 on: November 26, 2021, 19:56:51 pm »

That's alright then. I like to think we are all mates with Tel.
Still his ball though.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30362 on: November 26, 2021, 21:29:48 pm »

I can only help so far with this but here goes; reference; the use of a source of information in order to ascertain something, which was David Cardoza in this case, he told you something that you then quoted.

Ok…. You win… You’ll go on forever as usual, unless I agree with you Everbrite Manwork. And nobody wants that  Grin Tongue Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30363 on: November 26, 2021, 21:36:23 pm »

Steady.
Don't forget it's Tel's ball he shares with DC and the Marquis.

Don’t you bloody start  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Smoking Boots

View Profile
« Reply #30364 on: November 26, 2021, 22:20:01 pm »

Is there a trust sweepstake running for the start date of of the East Stand work being continued?
Or is there inside info as to when?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #30365 on: November 26, 2021, 22:21:41 pm »

At least he's got one. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #30366 on: November 27, 2021, 12:47:44 pm »

Good feature on Hearts on Football Focus and their difficult time under dodgy ownership and the fan owned transition afterwards.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30367 on: November 27, 2021, 13:12:10 pm »

Is there a trust sweepstake running for the start date of of the East Stand work being continued?
Or is there inside info as to when?
Can I go for never and the club being liquidated??
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #30368 on: November 27, 2021, 13:31:59 pm »

Can I go for never and the club being liquidated??

If you so wish!
Keep your six fingers crossed Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30369 on: November 27, 2021, 14:34:10 pm »

If you so wish!
Keep your six fingers crossed Evil
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30370 on: November 28, 2021, 09:36:00 am »

Ok…. You win… You’ll go on forever as usual, unless I agree with you Everbrite Manwork. And nobody wants that  Grin Tongue Tongue
  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #30371 on: November 29, 2021, 05:50:52 am »

That can’t be right….
According to Beds, if you have an atmospheric professional ground which is capable of hosting league one football, you’ll be an instant success!
 Grin Grin
Absolutely,  football is entertainment and the stadium is the theatre, hence why so many people are happy to pay good money to watch Rugby at the Saints and national and local businesses want to be associated  with their professionalism and first class facilities where only the hard core bother turn up regularly at a non league Sixfields setting.

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #30372 on: November 29, 2021, 06:00:46 am »

That's a naughty and largely meaningless geographical stat Pedjy  Grin
If you are going 40 miles east you are getting closer to Bristol and Bournemouth. It's a bit like saying that Aberystwyth is a potential sleeping footballing hotbed with little competition.
They are more into pasty's and clotted cream down there.

To support your point though, that is why I never buy our catchment argument. We have Leicester, Villa, Coventry, Watford, Oxford, P*sh, MK, Brum, Nottingham, Luton, North London...all an hour or less depending where you live in Northants. It would be generally interesting to know how many people regularly follow other teams who live in the county, because you can effectively cross them off. For example, my brother travels to Anfield.
You have to draw them in when they are kids and find a way to keep them coming back, which is difficult at our level.

All good points,  but having an exclusive 300,000 catchment within 10 miles of our club is pretty good and very ripe for the picking.
I noticed over the years clubs like Posh, wigan, Rotherham  Doncaster Bournemouth Brentford Watford, Plymouth etc, improve their average attendances after having a spell in the championship.
It would be great for us to reinvent ourselves with the town of Northampton... Firsrtly we just need to sort out the lack of infrastructure and the professionalism that we seriously lack.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #30373 on: November 29, 2021, 06:10:14 am »

Hardly any of them run debt free. It’s just that some clubs are propped up by money put in by benefactors, rather than it being set against the clubs as loans. In fact, DC told me himself that our position would have appeared much worse had he not used his and his fathers money to keep the books clean.

I’m pretty sure he knew they would not get the loan, if the council thought it would pay off existing debt.
It must be over 20 years since we had any real benefactors of this sort to help out at the club, the land speculators couldn't be just handed money.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #30374 on: November 29, 2021, 14:52:20 pm »

What a surprise.
https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-supporters-give-resounding-backing-for-east-stand-plans-at-sixfields-3475514
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #30375 on: November 29, 2021, 15:24:48 pm »

To be honest only 97% voted for it, the way it was worded, I thought it would be 100%.
            The problem I have is that, on 18th Nov, the Chairman says " "Given what went on before our time at the club and to ensure transparency it is only right the club's plans are available online, the WNC independent report is also available plus the briefing to Council members, therefore all of the information is in the public domain for supporters and the wider community to view."
      But the CEO, on 23rd Nov, says, in response to an email " These are not the final designs and are subject to ongoing conversations on best use of the space. The final design will reflect the best usage for the club and the extent of kitchens, cellars, toilets etc will be determined and confirmed in the final stages."
      So the way I read this is that "We have the plans available for viewing online, but we might not build what is on the plans" Surely it would have been better to ask the fans to vote on what WILL be built as opposed to what MIGHT be built ?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #30376 on: November 29, 2021, 15:51:33 pm »

I’m loving these votes

Do you think we will have one in January asking if we should spend some cash on a couple of goalscoring strikers or carry on with free transfer players or short term loan fixes that are of zero benefit to the long term on field future of the club……?

Im not sure we will…..
Just like I’m unconvinced that any redevelopment will be completed by the present owners.

Just my hunch although I’d be delighted to be proved wrong on both points.
Report Spam   Logged
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #30377 on: November 29, 2021, 16:05:47 pm »

To be fair, the matter now sits 100% in the hands of the council for now…..fab.
Don’t hold your breath.
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30378 on: November 29, 2021, 16:08:00 pm »

Sweet Jesus how desperate can you get, the statement is intrinsically incorrect, the question was basically, do you want the stand finished, yes or no.
It had nothing to do with the half finished plans that will be finalised in the later stages.
TOM CLIFFE YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE THE FANS REP NOT A GLOVE PUPPET FOR THE OWNER.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
London cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30379 on: November 29, 2021, 16:30:12 pm »

TOM CLIFFE YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE THE FANS REP NOT A GLOVE PUPPET FOR THE OWNER.
He's representing the 2,385 not the 57.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 [1519] 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 ... 1544   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: