The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:44:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 [1524] 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820327 times)
RChurch, tcobb and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3481

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30460 on: December 03, 2021, 07:15:23 am »

So after fairly feisty statements and declarations we are supposed to believe they just ran away with their tails between their legs and a £6m hole in their pocket? Is the genuinely what you believe happened?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #30461 on: December 03, 2021, 07:32:40 am »

It seems that Cardoza didn’t either, nearly 7 years and no CPS prosecution?
It is frightening that we are paying  the CPS to take YEARS to make NO decision!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #30462 on: December 03, 2021, 07:44:50 am »

This is a question for KT, maybe Tom could ask him?
Given that he's more our Tom than KT's Tom, if enough of us would like that question answering I absolutely think he should.
He does afterall represent us, not just himself.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #30463 on: December 03, 2021, 08:49:22 am »

It would be interesting to see a simplified balance sheet year on year since the new owners arrived.
I would argue that it is of our interest, as we are a significant source of income to the club as its customers.
There has been loads written and spoken about more financial transparency in football and I dread to think of some of the dodgy dealings that go on across the country, which applies to most businesses and clearly in politics.
I'm sure there'll be some defence that we publish more than we're obliged to.

I'm sure I and many others have no issue whatsoever with any owner making personal gain, although I know some (strangely) expect any penny gained to be ploughed back in. Lets be honest, a football club wouldn't be the first choice of trying to build a profitable business.
You can't help feel that our (Cobblers) lives would be so much simpler if this wretched land never existed and that we simply owned the ground. The land has clearly been the only reason anyone has been interested in us.
It's been smoke and mirrors, off shore companies, questionable share holders, an incompetent council and an ageing flat pack ground since the day we moved there.

Wherever we are now, Cardoza screwed up the only real opportunity we've had and the fact that he has walked away without consequences (7 years on) IS criminal. 
However much we are indebted (poor turn of phrase) to KT for 'saving' us, I struggle to see how anyone could say that we have moved forward on/off the pitch. If existing as football club is our ambition then they get a big tick but that's not very aspirational.

Hopefully we are in for a good and successful season on the pitch but can't see us breaking our usual cycle unless something changes from the top down.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #30464 on: December 03, 2021, 09:02:01 am »

So after fairly feisty statements and declarations we are supposed to believe they just ran away with their tails between their legs and a £6m hole in their pocket? Is the genuinely what you believe happened?
Yes.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30465 on: December 03, 2021, 09:08:59 am »

It would be interesting to see a simplified balance sheet year on year since the new owners arrived.
I would argue that it is of our interest, as we are a significant source of income to the club as its customers.
There has been loads written and spoken about more financial transparency in football and I dread to think of some of the dodgy dealings that go on across the country, which applies to most businesses and clearly in politics.
I'm sure there'll be some defence that we publish more than we're obliged to.

I'm sure I and many others have no issue whatsoever with any owner making personal gain, although I know some (strangely) expect any penny gained to be ploughed back in. Lets be honest, a football club wouldn't be the first choice of trying to build a profitable business.
You can't help feel that our (Cobblers) lives would be so much simpler if this wretched land never existed and that we simply owned the ground. The land has clearly been the only reason anyone has been interested in us.
It's been smoke and mirrors, off shore companies, questionable share holders, an incompetent council and an ageing flat pack ground since the day we moved there.

Wherever we are now, Cardoza screwed up the only real opportunity we've had and the fact that he has walked away without consequences (7 years on) IS criminal. 
However much we are indebted (poor turn of phrase) to KT for 'saving' us, I struggle to see how anyone could say that we have moved forward on/off the pitch. If existing as football club is our ambition then they get a big tick but that's not very aspirational.

Hopefully we are in for a good and successful season on the pitch but can't see us breaking our usual cycle unless something changes from the top down.
I think you sum it up in a nutshell their mate, if we want to exist and have a football club then you can’t argue against the current owners.
Like it or not our current owners have absolutely no interest in the future of Northampton Town FC, they want to take their profit and disappear.
Finishing the stand to the standard they are alluding to is no where near £4m.
I await with baited breath for the red book valuation of the land.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30466 on: December 03, 2021, 09:14:41 am »

And one more thing, it’s a pity KT and DB were not here when the council loaned the club £10+M because I’m 100% sure that KT would have built the stand we all wanted.
Cardoza was and probably still is not fit to run a bath, him and the Captain were stitched up like kippers by the Bushey boys, who still seem to be too clever even for the CPS.
The whole thing is corrupt from top to bottom.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest168

« Reply #30467 on: December 03, 2021, 09:50:44 am »

A simple question to those who compare KT?DB actions to DC, has KT?DB done ANYTHING illegal?

So thats the benchmark for our owners is it? 

Please define illegal - does it have to be proven in a court of law? do you have to have been found guilty and sentenced?

Which country and who / what law applies where?  Much of the financial stuff took place in the murky waters of BVI (off-shore)

Big difference between morally and legally -

Simple question back to you, what did you think about DC 2 months before the money went missing? 

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #30468 on: December 03, 2021, 09:54:52 am »

Perhaps you should let him crack on then.... Comments above.
Oh and by the way, I'm not on the Trust so I shouldn't have to answer your questions on demand but I hope I've given you some answers.

But you expect me to answer your questions or have the right to give me abuse and try to make me look stupid  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was asking you stuff to try and understand why you think the way you do.

I could be abusive back and say what your little profile picture tells me. But I can't cos then people will say how rude I am being to another supporter !

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #30469 on: December 03, 2021, 09:59:12 am »

I can't believe some of the shít I'm reading on here.

So what if DB/KT sold their shares to the Chinese, they were their's to sell.
Why are people spitting the dummy that they weren't told of the sale. Well actually it's none of your business as is what happened to any money that may or may not have changed hands.

At the end of the day you are customers of a business that you do not control and have no rights to know the inner workings of, just like Tescos.

You really think NTFC is just like any other business like Tescos?

Can you send me the link for their forum that you post regularly on. I would like to read your thoughts on how they display their frozen food, or the price difference for club card holders or why they had no Ready Salted Walkers crisps.

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #30470 on: December 03, 2021, 10:28:06 am »

Can you send me the link for their forum that you post regularly on. I would like to read your thoughts on how they display their frozen food, or the price difference for club card holders or why they had no Ready Salted Walkers crisps.

Yes it is.

Fúck me you don't like having your buttons pressed do you?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #30471 on: December 03, 2021, 10:30:39 am »

https://www.verylittlehelps.com
At its simplest any football club is a business, like Tesco, its just the level of passion that changes. That's why there are a lot more posts on a football forum than one about Tesco, but the passion you have for the product doesn't change the rights you have about how it is controlled, or how shares are moved about.

A better example than Tesco would be Tesla. Lots of people have invested in Tesla and will have seen their investment value change significantly up and down based on the actions of the owner. Shareholders can post all they want about his actions both with the business and also on social media but until he crosses any legal lines they cant do anything about it. When they felt he did cross the line they informed the authorities and brought forward a law suit to protect the future of the company.

Hopefully you can see the similarities but also the glaring difference in the last sentence.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #30472 on: December 03, 2021, 10:40:34 am »

London Cobbler has just said pretty much exactly what I was going to write (I even have the URL to the verylittlehelps forum waiting to go on my clipboard  Tongue)

NTFC is a business, it just happens to be a business where its customers have a strong emotional connection to its product.

It isn't alone in that respect; television providers, security systems, technology platforms and pretty much any car manufacturer you can think of will all have their own forums (independent or otherwise) where their customers will converse, argue and mess about in exactly the way we do on here. Not one of them has a right to know how much the chairman of their chosen company of interest paid or didn't pay for a chunk of shares in said business.

Just like we don't.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #30473 on: December 03, 2021, 10:53:13 am »

Given that he's more our Tom than KT's Tom, if enough of us would like that question answering I absolutely think he should.
He does afterall represent us, not just himself.

Go for it.  Nothing stopping anyone from asking the question.

I can offer a better solution, I think, bearing in mind a few of the supporters asking have questioned Tom's independence and would probably struggle to believe any answer if it doesn't align with their own.

There is an independent supporters body called the NTFC Supporters Trust.  They've already asked these questions directly of KT, over a year ago in fact....that was after someone potentially the legal advisor Random mentions had finished hawking the evidence round the press.

So they know the answers and have had written correspondence and face to face meetings with the owner regarding these exact matters.

They didn't tell anyone they had done this till it became public through other sources and have never shared what the answers were despite being asked several times.  In fact they had so many concerns regarding what KT had done and said they buried the hatchet with him and backed the development deal you see on the table today.

Surely that would be the ideal starting point for anyone who wants to know the answers to some of the questions being raised about this matter especially if you value the independence of the Trust and understand they ask these questions on the supporters/members behalf.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #30474 on: December 03, 2021, 11:10:13 am »

Interesting views - of course as supporters we have no right to know the private business dealings here providing due legal and financial process has been observed however because of the passion generated and those business transactions are enabled by individuals owning our club curiosity is reasonable

What I know or don’t know influences none of the proceedings but I’m still curious and if that curiosity was satisfied by fact rather than implication it would change my opinion on the owners - but the important point is it’s simply my opinion - no more or less important than anyone else's

Report Spam   Logged
guest2608

« Reply #30475 on: December 03, 2021, 11:17:45 am »

sorry but I didn't realise that I had to represent EVERY supporter when I joined the Trust board.

There are quite a few supporters who DO appreciate what I say and the work I do.

The Trust got a lot of stick for sitting back and not questioning DC on his actions and lack of them at times, I am ensuring that KT is held accountable, especially when he looks to take a very similar path to the one trodden by DC.

The supporters representative doesn't so far, represent me as fan but there you go. You can't please every one

I'd be careful how you word things if I was in your shoes.
You're alluding to KT as carrying out similar activities that remain under investigation... Albeit pretty clear the outcome is likely to result in a conviction.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30476 on: December 03, 2021, 11:25:41 am »

I'd be careful how you word things if I was in your shoes.
You're alluding to KT as carrying out similar activities that remain under investigation... Albeit pretty clear the outcome is likely to result in a conviction.
A wise piece of advice, for me KT and DB have done nothing illegal and I would strongly advise any poster to respect this.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30477 on: December 03, 2021, 11:26:44 am »

Yes it is.

Fúck me you don't like having your buttons pressed do you?
Who does?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2608

« Reply #30478 on: December 03, 2021, 11:27:28 am »

But you expect me to answer your questions or have the right to give me abuse and try to make me look stupid  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was asking you stuff to try and understand why you think the way you do.

I could be abusive back and say what your little profile picture tells me. But I can't cos then people will say how rude I am being to another supporter !

I expect you to answer questions because you're on the board of the Trust.
You're leading the battle to oust the only person that is trying to get the stand completed which it's what I want to see happen.

You asked me if I'd ever employed anyone... Random from random...i answered.
As for my profile picture....i take it you have no sense of humour either.
I'll change it for you, I'd hate to hurt your feelings.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30479 on: December 03, 2021, 11:32:11 am »

Interesting views - of course as supporters we have no right to know the private business dealings here providing due legal and financial process has been observed however because of the passion generated and those business transactions are enabled by individuals owning our club curiosity is reasonable

What I know or don’t know influences none of the proceedings but I’m still curious and if that curiosity was satisfied by fact rather than implication it would change my opinion on the owners - but the important point is it’s simply my opinion - no more or less important than anyone else's

This is a classic question for Tom, the fans rep on the board. it’s a legitimate question and whether or not KT chooses to answer or not will give you a clue to what happened.

I’d also be interested to know what KTs answer to the trust was regarding the retention of the share sale and any monies payed back.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 [1524] 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: