The Hotel End
May 20, 2022, 01:51:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 ... 1697   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1287028 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30680 on: December 06, 2021, 18:46:20 pm »

I’m not surprised to see a concerted effort by some to attempt to malign and undermine Tom in the early stages of his role on the board. It will be the same people who support the less democratic factions of our “support”…

The puppet master will be proud of them.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #30681 on: December 06, 2021, 19:33:48 pm »

I’m not surprised to see a concerted effort by some to attempt to malign and undermine Tom in the early stages of his role on the board. It will be the same people who support the less democratic factions of our “support”…

The puppet master will be proud of them.
I told you it's the 15th of June
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30682 on: December 06, 2021, 20:19:41 pm »

In normal circumstances, the club will lose around 500k pa if it budgets to be trying to get promoted from this division or have a reasonable chance of staying up in the 3rd tier. Obviously that will be lower if we cash in on a player, have a decent cup run etc.

I guess around half of the 'debt' was accrued because the budget was increased massively around the time of the Chinese involvement. Of course, that money didn't materialise so the owners we have had to step back in and fund the losses. Then the covid season would have added more pressures...

The 'issue' with the debt is that it is so high because of the Chinese saga. Assuming money was made from the sale of the club, and I have no reason to not believe that was the case, then I guess it comes down to whether or not you believe that ethically is it right or wrong. To be honest, I don't know enough 'detail' to make that judgement (I don't think anybody really does) but even if I did I would probably be fairly blaze about it simply because its a business deal and its got little to do with me. Would I have rather the (6million plus) have been pumped back into the clubs coffers and spent on a new stand/players etc? Yeah, of course! Im sure we all would. Would I rather the owners write off the losses each year instead of lumping more debt via loans? Yeah, again of course I would. Would I like us to have owners who are here for the fun, passion and motivation to get us up the leagues whilst losing millions of their own cash? Yep, too bloody right I would!!

However, and being totally honest. If I ever make enough cash to buy the Cobblers (highly unlikely!!  Grin) , knowing the little bit about tax etc that I do (I run my own business), my 'investment' would be in the form of loans. Simply because its considerably more tax efficient. That's why most clubs are in massive debt.

I think we as fans, are most often a bit to idealistic. We could propel up the leagues if we had a rich owner, but I will never be convinced that we could do it 'organically'. I reckon it would cost someone a minimum of 30million quid to take us to the next level (top end league1/bottom end championship) and be there competing financially with those types of clubs. The likes of Hull, Barnsley. I wouldn't say Sunderland or Ipswich because clearly they are boxing below their weight. On the flip side, Luton are boxing way above their weight (but I think are losing millions p.a doing so).

Bottom end championship club = circa 15million minimum wage bill. 8 times roughly ours. And about 9million more than our turnover. Think about how much it would cost to put in infrastructure and a team on the field that could generate that type of wedge. And that would only move us up around 24 places in the football league. Unless we had a one off season, like Wycombe did or Barnsley did last season (when they nearly made it to the prem).

We could go round and round in circles here and I think we will!
That doesn’t appear to be the case though. Whilst it is more tax efficient to do things that way it appears there is a significant gap between turnover and spending and most owners don’t have a realistic plan for the club to pay that money back. There are a couple of clubs that seem to be bucking the trend and they are continually held up as examples to demonstrate that we will be fine. What needs to be accepted is that the overwhelming majority don’t get close to breaking even. There has to be more in the pipeline than this otherwise we will continue to limp along under the spectre of insolvency at best, that is a statistical fact. Once the land deal is done and the owners leave we currently have no method of financing the gap between our operating costs and our turnover. Hoping there is some overspend or discrepancy in the accounts to address this issue or expecting that the dormant masses will finally pour through the turnstiles to save us are unlikely solutions. As is clinging onto the one club that breaks even as a comfort blanket, none of these can realistically mitigate the very real risk we face. There is nothing wrong with demanding a stadium to be proud of, or a minimum of league one football. However, there are leagues going the other way on the football ladder and it is currently equally possible that we are heading there, arguably more so.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 20:23:39 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #30683 on: December 06, 2021, 21:15:32 pm »

And it's all gone quiet over there😂😂

We can all be happy that you have stopped spouting figures you've pulled out of your árse.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30684 on: December 07, 2021, 17:18:17 pm »

Believe me… Football has nothing on the care sector. A country mile away.
Yes but the financial structures are the same. All designed to avoid tax and transparency.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30685 on: December 07, 2021, 17:32:03 pm »

Yes but the financial structures are the same. All designed to avoid tax and transparency.
'it's all about the money'.
Report Spam   Logged

The Mary Markham East Stand.
Together we can make it happen.😍
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30686 on: December 07, 2021, 20:48:00 pm »

'it's all about the money'.
Exactly CJ. Doesn’t fit some agendas on here though.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #30687 on: December 07, 2021, 21:04:00 pm »

Exactly CJ. Doesn’t fit some agendas on here though.

That would be agendum.
It's always about the money. We don't have any, The Trust don't have any and it would appear that the mysterious local consortium don't have any.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30688 on: December 07, 2021, 21:08:43 pm »

To not be transparent in all your transactions and affairs is tax evasion. So if that’s the case they had better change that structure. Just saying.
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30689 on: December 07, 2021, 21:28:18 pm »

That would be agendum.
It's always about the money. We don't have any, The Trust don't have any and it would appear that the mysterious local consortium don't have any.
It might be at NTFC.
I have a 97 year old aunt who lives in a care home. The home changed ownership recently. For the new ownership it's all about the money. It wasn’t for the previous ownership.
Football clubs can be like that.
It's called social responsibility.
Comprendez?
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #30690 on: December 07, 2021, 21:52:24 pm »

It might be at NTFC.
I have a 97 year old aunt who lives in a care home. The home changed ownership recently. For the new ownership it's all about the money. It wasn’t for the previous ownership.
Football clubs can be like that.
It's called social responsibility.
Comprendez?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ya Ich weis,
What fúcking planet have you just landed from?
Report Spam   Logged
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30691 on: December 07, 2021, 21:57:47 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Ya Ich weis,
What fúcking planet have you just landed from?
Erdschnake.
Report Spam   Logged

SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #30692 on: December 10, 2021, 20:09:34 pm »

Erdschnake.

Sexy.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429
« Reply #30693 on: December 11, 2021, 04:34:26 am »

Morning Derek, I know we keep going round in circles but the same point needs to be emphasised. You say you and others want more but how exactly are you going to get it. The current owners move on, fine. They either develop the stand, fine, or walk without doing so, fine. The club currently loses around 1 million per season and the division 2 average is £800k. What is the plan to increase the revenue to address that short fall and provide funding to take us to the next level?

Ive not heard of anything too Melly but fortunately I have the solution printed out next to me. Unfortunately I cant post it or reveal certain details as they are other peoples property so I will have to continue to read this thread through gritted teeth for a while longer.

Nobody on here can see the wood for the trees. The land, the east stand, the Chinese, its all a revolving door in which everyone is seemingly trapped as if in a Laurel and Hardy sketch.

"We want catering, we want bars and hospitality," I hear, well who in their right mind would spend on kitchens bars and restaurants then open for just 60 days a year? Utterly ludicrous.

"We need a rich individual" no we don't, as they will only get richer.

Everyone step out of football for a moment, the solution is to create a thriving business that is not reliant on football for its success but gets a whopping regular bonus from it.

Stop thinking of how few a percentage of the population attend the football and focus on the population that doesn't.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #30694 on: December 11, 2021, 04:44:31 am »

Ive not heard of anything too Melly but fortunately I have the solution printed out next to me. Unfortunately I cant post it or reveal certain details as they are other peoples property so I will have to continue to read this thread through gritted teeth for a while longer.

Nobody on here can see the wood for the trees. The land, the east stand, the Chinese, its all a revolving door in which everyone is seemingly trapped as if in a Laurel and Hardy sketch.

"We want catering, we want bars and hospitality," I hear, well who in their right mind would spend on kitchens bars and restaurants then open for just 60 days a year? Utterly ludicrous.

"We need a rich individual" no we don't, as they will only get richer.

Everyone step out of football for a moment, the solution is to create a thriving business that is not reliant on football for its success but gets a whopping regular bonus from it.

Stop thinking of how few a percentage of the population attend the football and focus on the population that doesn't.
The answer is out there somewhere Steven, that I do know. Hopefully you have it in your hands as we speak.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429
« Reply #30695 on: December 11, 2021, 08:37:31 am »

The answer is out there somewhere Steven, that I do know. Hopefully you have it in your hands as we speak.

OK I have an idea. This thread needs some new scenery and as its the right time of year I propose we play T.H.E Redevelopment Pantomime. (No it wont, yes it will, KTs behind you!!!

The proposal is for a venue providing multiple year round benefits under one roof to the locality including employment, a true community asset and while I cant post the actual business plan now, without upsetting anyone I can break each component down into bite size chunks, explore each aspect and how they link together, hopefully we can soon join the dots. 

Information is easily to hand and why we have so many doctors amongst us! If I give a hint of each aspect of this multi business you can discuss the merits and perform the SWOT analysis, maybe by the time we can release the business plan it may have been written here!

For this exercise we will assume the Trust bought a lucky dip and now have just £3m in the bank, what are they going to do? I only say this as I don't want early bickering over cash, lets just focus on each aspect of this combined venture and see how they not only work individually but also link seamlessly together.

The rules are there are no rules however any unnecessary sniping, ungentlemanly conduct or referring to people by their first names will mean you have to spend Christmas Day dinner with Evers.

What do fellow Hotel Enders know about Micro-Breweries producing up to 15,000 barrels annually? How do they perform? What obstacles do they face in establishing themselves? What is the market share of craft beer? What do they need to succeed post covid?

Report Spam   Logged
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30696 on: December 11, 2021, 08:44:08 am »

OK I have an idea. This thread needs some new scenery and as its the right time of year I propose we play T.H.E Redevelopment Pantomime. (No it wont, yes it will, KTs behind you!!!

The proposal is for a venue providing multiple year round benefits under one roof to the locality including employment, a true community asset and while I cant post the actual business plan now, without upsetting anyone I can break each component down into bite size chunks, explore each aspect and how they link together, hopefully we can soon join the dots. 

Information is easily to hand and why we have so many doctors amongst us! If I give a hint of each aspect of this multi business you can discuss the merits and perform the SWOT analysis, maybe by the time we can release the business plan it may have been written here!

For this exercise we will assume the Trust bought a lucky dip and now have just £3m in the bank, what are they going to do? I only say this as I don't want early bickering over cash, lets just focus on each aspect of this combined venture and see how they not only work individually but also link seamlessly together.

The rules are there are no rules however any unnecessary sniping, ungentlemanly conduct or referring to people by their first names will mean you have to spend Christmas Day dinner with Evers.

What do fellow Hotel Enders know about Micro-Breweries producing up to 15,000 barrels annually? How do they perform? What obstacles do they face in establishing themselves? What is the market share of craft beer? What do they need to succeed post covid?

12,000 pints a day. Jeez.
I propose we burn down the Tull and Sixfields for a start.
It's happened before it can happen again.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30697 on: December 11, 2021, 13:25:29 pm »

I get it to 10,000 pints a day based on 365 days, a bit optimistic but I love MR Massey’s ideas.
We need to maximise the non match day revenue that’s clear, and I think this is a good barometer of our current owners interest in our club that we do fûck all outside of matchday.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #30698 on: December 11, 2021, 14:26:47 pm »

I get it to 10,000 pints a day based on 365 days, a bit optimistic but I love MR Massey’s ideas.
We need to maximise the non match day revenue that’s clear, and I think this is a good barometer of our current owners interest in our club that we do fûck all outside of matchday.
I agree, it's a fantastic idea. I've said so previously. I'm just not sure how feasible it is for the Trust to be successful with it?
It's difficult enough trying to run a community village shop, let alone something with the turnover that this would require to be successful.
10,000.. 12000 pints, it makes zero difference really.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #30699 on: December 11, 2021, 15:57:44 pm »

I agree, it's a fantastic idea. I've said so previously. I'm just not sure how feasible it is for the Trust to be successful with it?
It's difficult enough trying to run a community village shop, let alone something with the turnover that this would require to be successful.
10,000.. 12000 pints, it makes zero difference really.
Depends if your drinking them.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 [1535] 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 ... 1697   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: