The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:20:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820790 times)
sixfields starling and 29 Guests are viewing this topic.
EB Claret

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #34420 on: June 26, 2022, 21:50:49 pm »

Wow..You've excelled your self in the insults dept  Grin But sadly very unoriginal nothing I haven't heard or that hasn't been directed at me 😀
Your vitriolic outburst is actually telling me I have yet again schooled you in matters you find alien.
I have degrees in economics, mathematics and bionics...

If true you are like many other academics...
No Common Sense Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #34421 on: June 26, 2022, 22:54:29 pm »

Wow..You've excelled your self in the insults dept  Grin But sadly very unoriginal nothing I haven't heard or that hasn't been directed at me 😀
Your vitriolic outburst is actually telling me I have yet again schooled you in matters you find alien.
I have degrees in economics, mathematics and bionics...
👍 You’re very educational Dave.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3494

« Reply #34422 on: June 27, 2022, 05:25:11 am »

Had your mate taken the trouble to listen to warnings of avoiding history repeating itself trying to buck a well worn trend of pathetic underdeveloped Sixfields unable to sustain L1 football we wouldn't be in uncontrollable debt.
But no, he believed in all the nonsense being touted several years ago...
Not a penny more ( Disclaimer to allow me to buy into a big cup game or exciting league match  should I wish to attend. )

My mate?
Who are you referring to?

Oh... And not a penny more unless you want to go to a big cup game.
Hypocrisy of the highest order.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34423 on: June 28, 2022, 19:24:30 pm »

Off topic I know, but, the Network Rail depot in Cotton, is going to need redevelopment, lots of fire and smoke.
Anybody know if it is a listed building? These things happen from time to time.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #34424 on: June 28, 2022, 19:56:56 pm »

It’s a massive fire. Seen a few of the clips doing the rounds. Get Beds on it to provide an estimate.
Joking aside I hope that no one is injured
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34425 on: June 29, 2022, 01:00:45 am »

Worth a read and following.

https://www.fairgameuk.org/about

https://www.fairgameuk.org/press-releases

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/6047aabc7130e94a70ed3515/t/60dc6ae983aebd19a477a130/1625058036839/Fair+Game+-+Solutions+for+our+National+Game.pdf
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 01:12:30 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #34426 on: June 29, 2022, 03:55:06 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/lifestyle/food-and-drink/sausage-and-cider-festival-returns-to-northampton-with-a-banger-in-pictures-3747320

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/crowds-enjoy-ibiza-classics-at-franklins-gardens-3745637
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:59:53 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34427 on: June 29, 2022, 09:17:15 am »

Pretty comprehensive documentation that raises a lot of issues - unfortunately I suspect it will prove divisive in some quarters, with some camps focusing solely on the fit and proper owner section- whilst I think that is an important issue but whilst you have a situation where two teams can meet in the FA cup and a player from one side can have a salary that exceeds the entire operating cost of the other club we are unlikely to get close to a fair system.
It’s not just a football thing it‘s a society thing where greed protects its own interest.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34428 on: July 04, 2022, 00:47:00 am »

The deadline for the Trust announcement on the ACV is exactly a month away. I wrote to the board regarding this after the initial announcement with a few what I feel were constructive concerns and challenges regarding the proposal. Nevertheless I am still looking forward to the concept being revealed. Perhaps the biggest challenge is to make a convincing case for the maximum profit figure of 250k. To put this into context, if the profit margin of the venture was 20% (which would be fairly good) then it would have to turnover a pre tax figure of around £4,280.00 365 days of the year. However, whilst not to say this is anywhere near impossible, I am intrigued.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:12:21 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #34429 on: July 04, 2022, 12:55:06 pm »

Thank you for your take on the figures Melly, would these figures take the view that whoever the Trust are in partnership with, would not be taking any money out of the project ? Interested on your thoughts.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #34430 on: July 04, 2022, 13:08:33 pm »

Thank you for your take on the figures Melly, would these figures take the view that whoever the Trust are in partnership with, would not be taking any money out of the project ? Interested on your thoughts.

I believe any proceeds will be split 50/50 with whoever their partner is.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34431 on: July 04, 2022, 13:58:31 pm »

To be fair they are all guesstimates but a 20% profit projects out to £1,543,210 turnover per annum. The questions from there are around expectations around spend per head and where these figures that indicate this are obtained from. For example a spend per head of £10 equates to 3,000 people through the door every week for 52 weeks of the year. That’s fine, but it then comes down to the source of the information that indicates this is achievable. Once this is ascertained it is down to how the Trust ring fence and protect any investment that they make in the clubs infrastructure moving forward. This was the main thrust of my communication to the board. It’s a significant challenge, but not beyond the realms of possibility. It just depends how the proposal has been scrutinised and evaluated.
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #34432 on: July 04, 2022, 15:36:57 pm »

To be fair they are all guesstimates but a 20% profit projects out to £1,543,210 turnover per annum. The questions from there are around expectations around spend per head and where these figures that indicate this are obtained from. For example a spend per head of £10 equates to 3,000 people through the door every week for 52 weeks of the year. That’s fine, but it then comes down to the source of the information that indicates this is achievable. Once this is ascertained it is down to how the Trust ring fence and protect any investment that they make in the clubs infrastructure moving forward. This was the main thrust of my communication to the board. It’s a significant challenge, but not beyond the realms of possibility. It just depends how the proposal has been scrutinised and evaluated.

Being realistic (and not negative) I think one also has to factor in the time to for a profitable return, as undoubtably there is a lot of work to be done - hopefully suggestions that little if any remedial work is required on the land is true. However whatever the money making plan is, there will have to be some infrastructure development which has both building time and planning approval to go through. Noe of which regrettably happen overnight.

However it's all conjecture until firm plans are made public and whilst I do understand there are confidentiality and contractual issues - but it seems the hard work is undoubtably being done by the few (and fair play to them for that) - however possibly sharing a bit more to the other 700 sooner rather than later will generate additional complimentary ideas, untapped expertise and of course that much needed general support for the project.

(For the individuals who choose to misrepresent what I write this is not an anti trust comment but I do strongly believe for this project to be successful it has to unite the majority in supporting it)
Report Spam   Logged
guest3494

« Reply #34433 on: July 04, 2022, 16:39:14 pm »

I’ve no idea what the plans are for the ACV land, nor do I know what the returns will be or the split going to the Trust v the other investor.
My major concern is if, having been anti land grab, anti “hemming the club in”, anti car park, anti industrial unit all this time…. What on Earth is going to go there that doesn’t contradict these view points of the Trusts  board and it’s supporters.
Surely, and again this is hypothetical as I don’t know what the plans are, but surely, any plan that includes warehousing, logistics or industrial use is a total and utter piece of crass hypocrisy and would just prove that it’s not about finding a different way to support Northampton town football club…. It’s simply a way of further hindering the clubs current owners.

As I said, I know nothing but I eagerly await the detail of how this plan is going to so beneficial vs what CDNL has been trying to complete through hoops, fire, insult and tripwire.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34434 on: July 04, 2022, 19:12:54 pm »

I’ve no idea what the plans are for the ACV land, nor do I know what the returns will be or the split going to the Trust v the other investor.
My major concern is if, having been anti land grab, anti “hemming the club in”, anti car park, anti industrial unit all this time…. What on Earth is going to go there that doesn’t contradict these view points of the Trusts  board and it’s supporters.
Surely, and again this is hypothetical as I don’t know what the plans are, but surely, any plan that includes warehousing, logistics or industrial use is a total and utter piece of crass hypocrisy and would just prove that it’s not about finding a different way to support Northampton town football club…. It’s simply a way of further hindering the clubs current owners.

As I said, I know nothing but I eagerly await the detail of how this plan is going to so beneficial vs what CDNL has been trying to complete through hoops, fire, insult and tripwire.
I love the way you’ve already judged your hypothesis as the Trusts crass hypocrisy 😂😂😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3494

« Reply #34435 on: July 04, 2022, 19:31:15 pm »

I love the way you’ve already judged your hypothesis as the Trusts crass hypocrisy 😂😂😂

As I said, it is a scenario which I’ve thought could happen.
If it does, it would be crass hypocrisy .
Glad you’ve understood my hypothetical statement and appreciate it.
I love your anonymity lol
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34436 on: July 06, 2022, 09:03:31 am »

Thomas/CDNL are an outside private organisation trying to make as much money as possible spending as little as possible on the ground, as has been in evidence these past several years.

The trust represents the football club of Northampton, trying to get the best possible outcome to make the club money from its assets so to make improvements for years to come.

Remember CDNL nearly got gifted by WNC 22 acres of prime development land for the price of a 4 bed house!
How much of that would the football club see based on the previous several years?
My guess it wouldn't see a penny as it would be taken to pay off unwarranted 'debts'.

Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #34437 on: July 06, 2022, 09:14:07 am »

Hello Beds, are you still posting your diatribe on Northampton Past? Didnt they call you deluded?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #34438 on: July 06, 2022, 11:35:16 am »

Do you know what unconscious bias is ?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #34439 on: July 06, 2022, 11:48:06 am »

Melly, sorry to rack your brains again, the Trust Statement says the the Trust could get up to £250,000 a year from the land. Indicating that there is not a "profit share" or if there is the land would have to return an even bigger amount.
Question is, would a company invest in such a development if they had no return, if so  why?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 ... 1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721 [1722] 1723 1724 1725 1726 1727 1728 1729 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: