The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 02:03:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842811 times)
Melbourne Cobbler and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37640 on: November 27, 2022, 21:53:15 pm »

It's a simple question, would you like me to put a  £3.5 million bid in for the land if the judicial review required it?

I don't know what part of that question you're struggling with.
The part about it benefitting our football club to start with?

If cdnl get the full 23 acres, our club and the town it serves  lose badly.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #37641 on: November 28, 2022, 01:47:44 am »

All football clubs show debts on their balance sheets.. You really need to understand this and why it happens..

Also football is unpredictable,  teams can go up and they come back down.. nothing is guaranteed and that's why we love it..

You seem to have a very blinkered black or white view of the world...Things aren't always the way your mind would like you to see them..

Just a 15th reminder   I like nearly everyone would like to see some improvements into the stadium infrastructure, it can done in steady sustainable sections, it can be self funded or gifted... but something needs to happen.
if Thomas /cdnl aren't able or unwilling to do as they suggested they would, they need to get out of our club.

Yet another pointless post full of gobbledygook. What you need to understand is that in every single example you have used somebody has taken on the club involved and bankrolled it for millions. Not only that it’s also without a realistic chance of getting their money back. That’s fine and a personal choice for them. However, if your demands are that NTFC follow their example then you need to find a similar individual prepared to do likewise. Therefore when you demand the current owners ship out, without someone waiting in the wings prepared to pump in the necessary finance you are talking out of your arśe if you think it will achieve anything. However, don’t worry I’m perfectly happy to keep setting you straight as and when necessary.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37642 on: November 28, 2022, 01:51:20 am »

Speaking as an average Cobbler that goes to the games but doesn't want get involved in the various politics surrounding the developments of the ground. My Saturday afternoons and occasional weekday nights are a relief from all that - I get enough at work.
I suspect I'm like other supporters and are simply wondering - when the f*ck is the East Stand going to get finished?
Is that too complicated a question?

The reality is though Larry is that if the wrong decisions get made over this then you might not have a club to follow on Saturday afternoons. I think that’s why a lot of people are involved in it. They just come from 2 very different angles as why the club may be at risk.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37643 on: November 28, 2022, 08:00:35 am »

Yet another pointless post full of gobbledygook. What you need to understand is that in every single example you have used somebody has taken on the club involved and bankrolled it for millions. Not only that it’s also without a realistic chance of getting their money back. That’s fine and a personal choice for them. However, if your demands are that NTFC follow their example then you need to find a similar individual prepared to do likewise. Therefore when you demand the current owners ship out, without someone waiting in the wings prepared to pump in the necessary finance you are talking out of your arśe if you think it will achieve anything. However, don’t worry I’m perfectly happy to keep setting you straight as and when necessary.
What an investor in football does with there money is entirely up to them / him/ her...
You were trying to justify non investment into a community football as it being non viable, but what you failed to understand spectacularly was that for some they need to splosh a little cash here and there,  its how the the world revolves.. Unfortunately ntfc have been kept at arms length these past 20 years from inward investors. (Something to do with obtaining 23 acres of land at sixseats )
What can't be acceptable ever is when zero cash is being raised/gifted/earned and the said club goes into mothball mode for over 20 years showing zero growth, it becomes a major problem if said club have ambition and the wherefore to progress but deliberately doesn't improve any aspects of its trading potential, then its...
Time for change.

It's the latter that you seem to allude to so for that reason...Your fired..
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37644 on: November 28, 2022, 08:26:15 am »

What an investor in football does with there money is entirely up to them / him/ her...
You were trying to justify non investment into a community football as it being non viable, but what you failed to understand spectacularly was that for some they need to splosh a little cash here and there,  its how the the world revolves.. Unfortunately ntfc have been kept at arms length these past 20 years from inward investors. (Something to do with obtaining 23 acres of land at sixseats )
What can't be acceptable ever is when zero cash is being raised/gifted/earned and the said club goes into mothball mode for over 20 years showing zero growth, it becomes a major problem if said club have ambition and the wherefore to progress but deliberately doesn't improve any aspects of its trading potential, then its...
Time for change.

It's the latter that you seem to allude to so for that reason...Your fired..
Nice try Numb nuts, who’s stepping into the empty shoes? That’s right, Dopey hasn’t got a Scooby. No good doing any firing unless you can fill the position, looks like everybody gets their job back. Happy to keep helping you out with the subtle flaws in your master plan.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37645 on: November 28, 2022, 09:14:04 am »

😂 “for some they need to splosh a little cash here and there” 4 of the examples Dopey put up have spent over £50 million. Love him or loathe him you have to admit it’s comedy gold. I thought he was called Beds because he was from Luton, but it’s obviously because he’s permanently in dreamland. Brilliant.
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #37646 on: November 28, 2022, 09:27:31 am »

Beds - your passion for the subject remains unabated- and for that you must get some credit but please to help me answer the following fundamental point.

You constantly state “time for a change” but please explain the wherewithal of these desired changes - if the JR does not go against WNC then the current owners will get the land and we have to hope the club benefits from some of the profits - no amount of shouting is going to influence what KT/DB do with any profits. If on the other hand the JR rules against WNC please explain how your preferred bidder (presumably anyone other than KT/DB) are going to benefit club?

I don’t want to patronise you but if you can stick to topic and perhaps not even mention KT/DB it would really help your credibility on this matter - because in my view of this far from perfect situation the replacement has to be demonstrably better than the incumbent- simply hoping that is the case because said interested parties “care” more about the club doesn’t cut it in the real world.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #37647 on: November 28, 2022, 11:28:06 am »

Anyway, back in the real world, have you received a response to this yet, Tom?

Alright ladies and gents, another smaller update from #NotMyTrust.

We asked some questions to the Trust board and the club, and in the interest of trying to be as transparent as possible and letting fans decide for themselves, we have decided to just publish the emails, here you'll be able to see the questions we've asked of both sides & the answers as we receive them.

https://www.notmytrust.com/transparency

Along side that, we had quite a few fake signatures try and sign the petition, all from a very small number of devices - Things like Tucson Tom, Ben Dover-Kelvin, Micky-mouse Petition, f** off Tucson etc - all with offensive email addresses associated with them, while we couldn’t possibly speculate which group of people may be inclined to do something like that, we wanted everyone to know that the counter does not increase when an email address is not verified, we also have various programatic checks on the signatures to remove any that look suspicious to maintain as accurate as possible count, so these people are really doing nothing more than wasting their time.

Edit: Actually, never mind - I clicked the link and found it had been updated. Jeez, talk about making you jump through hoops before deigning to answer any questions!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 11:37:40 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #37648 on: November 28, 2022, 12:01:38 pm »

The part about it benefitting our football club to start with?

If cdnl get the full 23 acres, our club and the town it serves  lose badly.

We'll I could put the bid in, and if it won I would have a sitting tenant that I would have to buy the lease off before I could do anything.

I could by the club as well but there would be countless issues before I started anything., hence why I'm happy at the moment to leave it under the current ownership to take the flack.

Whoever owns the club will not make everyone happy, though an overhaul of the Trust would make it tempting.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #37649 on: November 28, 2022, 12:22:38 pm »

Be interesting to see how long it takes (and how many) of the ‘Packer crew’ get onto the board. It currently looks rather thin on the ground. Assuming it will be a closed shop until the next AGM (by Feb) as they are fulfilling the minimum of 7. I’m sure they won’t be in a rush with arms wide open.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37650 on: November 28, 2022, 13:15:47 pm »

We'll I could put the bid in, and if it won I would have a sitting tenant that I would have to buy the lease off before I could do anything.

I could by the club as well but there would be countless issues before I started anything., hence why I'm happy at the moment to leave it under the current ownership to take the flack.

Whoever owns the club will not make everyone happy, though an overhaul of the Trust would make it tempting.
The clock is ticking on that one. Only a matter of time before the clock is reset 😉
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #37651 on: November 28, 2022, 15:48:19 pm »

At last we agree, a trust reset  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37652 on: November 28, 2022, 17:43:21 pm »

Beds - your passion for the subject remains unabated- and for that you must get some credit but please to help me answer the following fundamental point.

You constantly state “time for a change” but please explain the wherewithal of these desired changes - if the JR does not go against WNC then the current owners will get the land and we have to hope the club benefits from some of the profits - no amount of shouting is going to influence what KT/DB do with any profits. If on the other hand the JR rules against WNC please explain how your preferred bidder (presumably anyone other than KT/DB) are going to benefit club?

I don’t want to patronise you but if you can stick to topic and perhaps not even mention KT/DB it would really help your credibility on this matter - because in my view of this far from perfect situation the replacement has to be demonstrably better than the incumbent- simply hoping that is the case because said interested parties “care” more about the club doesn’t cut it in the real world.
I think we all know the current owners will get the whole 23 acres and get gone, leaving the cobblers high and dry, It's at this point where change will be seriously over due..
Can we hope the trust battle to get contol of the ACV therefore giving us something to recover with?

None of Cardoza/ thomas/ bower / mouthpieces/  cdnl etc deserve anything from our club, we have been badly let down..
You couldn't possibly patronise me, I called it spot on several years ago and you know it.

I still live in hope of a bright future for ntfc once free of the owners/ cdnl .. 😉
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #37653 on: November 28, 2022, 17:54:49 pm »

I think we all know the current owners will get the whole 23 acres and get gone, leaving the cobblers high and dry, It's at this point where change will be seriously over due..
Can we hope the trust battle to get contol of the ACV therefore giving us something to recover with?

None of Cardoza/ thomas/ bower / mouthpieces/  cdnl etc deserve anything from our club, we have been badly let down..
You couldn't possibly patronise me, I called it spot on several years ago and you know it.

I still live in hope of a bright future for ntfc once free of the owners/ cdnl .. 😉

Hi Peter,

So that'll be a no then.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37654 on: November 29, 2022, 06:15:18 am »

😂 “for some they need to splosh a little cash here and there” 4 of the examples Dopey put up have spent over £50 million. Love him or loathe him you have to admit it’s comedy gold. I thought he was called Beds because he was from Luton, but it’s obviously because he’s permanently in dreamland. Brilliant.
Throwing insults has highlighted to everyone you have been properly schooled..

You're welcome 😊
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37655 on: November 29, 2022, 06:49:03 am »

Throwing insults has highlighted to everyone you have been properly schooled..

You're welcome 😊
👍 The pleasure is all mine. Keep talking bóllocks and I’ll keep them coming my old friend.
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #37656 on: November 29, 2022, 08:21:09 am »

Beds - you didn't really answer the question did you? - hope is not a strategy and you certainly can't take that to the bank.

My point throughout this is however bad the current incumbents are you have to offer a better alternative.

The one small alternative you do mention is the Trust gaining control of the ACV land - well for that to happen CDNL's bid would have to be beaten and would almost certainly see the departure of KT/DB - great, I'm sure you would say but what then for the club given it would at best mean new owners whose intentions are entirely unknown and the Trust at best yielding £250k pa annum from the AVC land.

Are new owners going to fund improved infrastructure including finishing the East stand - even you presumably concede the possible £250k pa is not going to fund that.

Just for fun please explain without resorting to the anti KT/DB rhetoric or 'it's time for a change' why fans should be more optimistic about this outcome than the current situation
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37657 on: November 29, 2022, 10:23:22 am »

Beds - you didn't really answer the question did you? - hope is not a strategy and you certainly can't take that to the bank.

My point throughout this is however bad the current incumbents are you have to offer a better alternative.

The one small alternative you do mention is the Trust gaining control of the ACV land - well for that to happen CDNL's bid would have to be beaten and would almost certainly see the departure of KT/DB - great, I'm sure you would say but what then for the club given it would at best mean new owners whose intentions are entirely unknown and the Trust at best yielding £250k pa annum from the AVC land.

Are new owners going to fund improved infrastructure including finishing the East stand - even you presumably concede the possible £250k pa is not going to fund that.

Just for fun please explain without resorting to the anti KT/DB rhetoric or 'it's time for a change' why fans should be more optimistic about this outcome than the current situation
Firstly,  you have missed the point I made, which is while Cardoza/thomas/ cdnl etc are chasing land riches, NO ONE can take over, invest, plan or anything else.. so should one of those many good owners decide they want to build up a football club and change its fortunes..It won't be Northampton Town as for 20 years we've  not been on the market..
No one is going to pay more than the £1  cdnl/ thomas/ Cardoza etc paid for us, why should they, they will need that for the team/ ground..

We will change owners once all the valuable land has been taken away from ntfc and the present owners move on to the next project.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37658 on: November 29, 2022, 10:42:37 am »

Firstly,  you have missed the point I made, which is while Cardoza/thomas/ cdnl etc are chasing land riches, NO ONE can take over, invest, plan or anything else.. so should one of those many good owners decide they want to build up a football club and change its fortunes..It won't be Northampton Town as for 20 years we've  not been on the market..
No one is going to pay more than the £1  cdnl/ thomas/ Cardoza etc paid for us, why should they, they will need that for the team/ ground..

We will change owners once all the valuable land has been taken away from ntfc and the present owners move on to the next project.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Don’t talk wet Dopey, there’s never a point.
Report Spam   Logged

Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #37659 on: November 29, 2022, 15:37:54 pm »

I heard the fella on the tv say some seats from world cup stads are going begging after the shoddy affair is over. They could be used in the new vast eastern arena couldnt they?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Pages: 1 ... 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 [1883] 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: