The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 05:59:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 [1890] 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1843107 times)
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #37780 on: December 08, 2022, 11:42:47 am »

so given what you do know about the ACV land what are your thoughts - who should own it?  the council, the fans or someone who lives in Dubai ?

Northampton Town Football Club
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #37781 on: December 08, 2022, 12:03:04 pm »

In fairness there are quite a number of unknown variables which would make any viability difficult to ascertain. Until you know what exactly was proposed and the data any feasibility study was based on its really difficult to make a judgment. Generalised statements and subjective opinion don’t always paint an accurate picture. It’s inconceivable a proposal would have got this far without some fairly convincing justifications.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #37782 on: December 08, 2022, 12:17:54 pm »

I reckon crowds in the NY will go up mate. People will save money by spending 20quid to cuddle up with a big crewyd at Sixfields instead of heating up their own house!

Good point. I’ve decreased my working from home to be in a warm office!
Report Spam   Logged
random1

View Profile
Search Level 3 Mobile User
« Reply #37783 on: December 08, 2022, 12:25:02 pm »

Agree with this, you can barely even see the East Stand from the Cinema, let alone what's behind it and given the options within a couple of minutes walk from the front door, why would you even think to drag yourself 10 minutes down the hill and around to the other side of the stadium on the off chance of some street food.  I doubt many would even consider it if you built it on the West Stand Car Park over McDonalds, Fire Jacks, Chiquitos or even Sixfields Tavern.

Thanks for the reply St Ed.

One thing to consider is where are you parking?  Because the North stand car park will be closed and have a warehouse built on it as it is part of the land deal

I expect more people will be parking on Mobbs Miller Way and so coming from that direction.  

The street food. / fan zone is only a small part of it

The vast majority of the units would be either self storage units or business start ups etc.

The lorry park bit would be overnight. The going rate is around £40 per night. So say 20 lorries is £800 per night. A fair chunk of high profit

No it’s not what any of us ideally wants but in the short term would raise a fair amount of money

As said an awful lot better than just left to rot.

The other advantage of a box park is that it is temporary so can easily be changed in the future. As someone said above, those 20 acres could have been used to create something really special but the imagination of WNC and KT/ DB is simply quick cashing with simple large sheds.

Only in Northampton
Report Spam   Logged
random1

View Profile
Search Level 3 Mobile User
« Reply #37784 on: December 08, 2022, 12:29:23 pm »

Northampton Town Football Club

Unfortunately that means whoever is the owner and there are many many examples of owners of football clubs lining their own pockets by selling any land they can.

Indeed here at NTFC the owners want to sell clubs 20 acres of land to pay themselves the £7m debt they have piled on to the club (with no increase in its asset)

So surely the next best thing is have the land owner by people who have demonstrated they are there for the club for their lifetime - the supporters of NTFC
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #37785 on: December 08, 2022, 12:34:45 pm »

In fairness there are quite a number of unknown variables which would make any viability difficult to ascertain. Until you know what exactly was proposed and the data any feasibility study was based on its really difficult to make a judgment. Generalised statements and subjective opinion don’t always paint an accurate picture. It’s inconceivable a proposal would have got this far without some fairly convincing justifications.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37786 on: December 08, 2022, 12:40:20 pm »

😀
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #37787 on: December 08, 2022, 12:57:32 pm »

Random, can you post a link please with the plans for the Warehouses that the Club are proposing.

A question I feel the Trust need to cover, if the Trust gain ownership of the ACV land and their backers gain control of the rest of the land, where do the Trust propose to raise funds to complete the kit out of the East Stand ? This is a very important issue,  as the owners will no doubt leave if any deal does not come the Clubs way.
No smoke screens please Random, where will the Estimated £4m come from to complete the Stand if the Trust and their mystery  backers get the land ?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 13:51:16 pm by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #37788 on: December 08, 2022, 13:59:01 pm »

Random, can you post a link please with the plans for the Warehouses that the Club are proposing.

A question I feel the Trust need to cover, if the Trust gain ownership of the ACV land and their backers gain control of the rest of the land, where do the Trust propose to raise funds to complete the kit out of the East Stand ? This is a very important issue,  as the owners will no doubt leave if any deal does not come the Clubs way.
No smoke screens please Random, where will the Estimated £4m come from to complete the Stand if the Trust and their mystery  backers get the land ?

Pretty much my question raised to both Derek and Dave with no reply as yet - this isn’t anti trust or pro CDNL questioning it’s a genuine concern if the trust and their backers are able to freeze the current owners out of the equation are they really aware of the risks this approach raises?

Given complete lack of answers my conclusion is it’s simply an anything than CDNL policy and we hope that will provide a better outcome for the club - doesn’t give me a massive amount of confidence over what may or may not be offered by KT and DB
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #37789 on: December 08, 2022, 14:02:55 pm »

In addition what level of working capital will be provided?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #37790 on: December 08, 2022, 14:08:10 pm »

Pretty much my question raised to both Derek and Dave with no reply as yet - this isn’t anti trust or pro CDNL questioning it’s a genuine concern if the trust and their backers are able to freeze the current owners out of the equation are they really aware of the risks this approach raises?

Given complete lack of answers my conclusion is it’s simply an anything than CDNL policy and we hope that will provide a better outcome for the club - doesn’t give me a massive amount of confidence over what may or may not be offered by KT and DB

I have long been saying that the Trust's current approach, while well intentioned, is naive in the extreme and poses an existential risk to our club for exactly these reasons.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #37791 on: December 08, 2022, 14:58:14 pm »

Not directly connected, but what is being built in the old south stand gravel car park?

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/council/this-is-what-is-being-built-in-a-busy-part-of-northampton-and-when-it-will-be-complete-3944304?fbclid=IwAR0vGzpy_jibXw3uQ9_m4ezmnNtuUHYOdg0iNbV_LE-_WeLsOwNOG-HnV2k
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #37792 on: December 08, 2022, 16:15:18 pm »

Artist impression  Grin

Someone has googled ‘warehouse’
Report Spam   Logged
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #37793 on: December 08, 2022, 17:05:16 pm »

I've heard on the grapevine today that the burger van behind the North Stand is packing up in January so catering outside Sixfields can't be as lucrative as the Trust is making it out to be.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #37794 on: December 08, 2022, 19:03:00 pm »

The lorry park bit would be overnight. The going rate is around £40 per night. So say 20 lorries is £800 per night. A fair chunk of high profit
The going rate would appear to be £23 per night, which includes a meal voucher.

https://motorwayservices.uk/Red_Lion_Truckstop#Parking_Prices

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #37795 on: December 08, 2022, 20:25:43 pm »

10-4 good Buddy. Come on join the convoy….
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #37796 on: December 08, 2022, 21:52:04 pm »

Thanks for the reply St Ed.

One thing to consider is where are you parking?  Because the North stand car park will be closed and have a warehouse built on it as it is part of the land deal

I expect more people will be parking on Mobbs Miller Way and so coming from that direction.  

The street food. / fan zone is only a small part of it

The vast majority of the units would be either self storage units or business start ups etc.

No it’s not what any of us ideally wants but in the short term would raise a fair amount of money

As said an awful lot better than just left to rot.

The other advantage of a box park is that it is temporary so can easily be changed in the future. As someone said above, those 20 acres could have been used to create something really special but the imagination of WNC and KT/ DB is simply quick cashing with simple large sheds.

Only in Northampton

Can you answer my questions please.. Or were you lying again?

BTW. No lorries are going to drive past two perfectly good truck stops, one on the A5 and the other at the Red lion, both with catering, showers, fuel and HGV services, to park on a bit of Tarmac. And certainly nobody is going to go off track for a couple of veggie wraps with what’s on offer already. Totally fùcking clueless 🙄🙄🙄
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37797 on: December 08, 2022, 22:17:05 pm »

I am not pro CDNL, or Kelvins mate, just trying to point out that a box park will not work. I will ask you the same question that Del boy did not answer, why would I leave the comfort of a warm pub, and go and stand in something made out of old shipping containers? Over to you.

One things for sure, if cdnl get the acv land our club can expect nothing from this land, be it boxpark, supporters village,  5 a side pitches, nothing.
 iIt'll all be gone forever. 

I'm almost consigned to not only losing this would be asset but then having the stadium completely hemmed in on the East Side by private ownership,  thus destroying any future improvements to that side of the ground.

I don't believe cdnl are willing or able to benefit our club in any capacity but that seems OK with tucson Tom and his merry petitioners  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37798 on: December 08, 2022, 22:37:59 pm »

I also asked the board if they were going to release the details of the proposal in full. This would obviously include the projections and reasoning supporting them. Presumably under the charter commitments this should occur to allow scrutiny by the membership before any final decision was made? Invoking the ACV is one thing, but if the Board made that kind of commitment of that enormity without consulting the membership that would be extraordinary. However, given the comments around confidentiality and not revealing details until a bid is accepted I suspect that’s the intention. Again they haven’t responded to confirm either way as yet. However given there has been a bid, the model rules suggest there isn’t any financial exposure for the Trust itself as part of any deal. At least that eliminates some concerns.
98. The Society may borrow money on such terms as the Society Board shall authorise save that any borrowing that would require a significant proportion of the society's turnover to be apportioned to repaying such borrowing, or that would use the assets of the society (and/or any subsidiaries) as security for such borrowing, shall require the approval of the society in (a) general meeting.
It’s all very well demanding member involvement and asking for interaction but if the Board doesn’t respond after 6 months what’s the point?
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #37799 on: December 09, 2022, 00:41:23 am »

One things for sure, if cdnl get the acv land our club can expect nothing from this land, be it boxpark, supporters village,  5 a side pitches, nothing.
 iIt'll all be gone forever. 

I'm almost consigned to not only losing this would be asset but then having the stadium completely hemmed in on the East Side by private ownership,  thus destroying any future improvements to that side of the ground.

I don't believe cdnl are willing or able to benefit our club in any capacity but that seems OK with tucson Tom and his merry petitioners  Grin
You dont like answering questions do you? And I see that the trust legal advisor is now tagging you in his tweets. I can hear the sound of the barrel being scraped.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 ... 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 [1890] 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: