The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:40:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820816 times)
DavCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38140 on: January 24, 2023, 07:54:24 am »

No disrespect to Carlton but his response to another post exactly follows the script - countering every point with a negative against the current owners and/or the council. There is surely a point when one has to read the room - yes we all know and in many cases at least partially agree with those points - certainly no one can say they haven’t heard them 100’s of times but the simple truth is they change nothing. The longer the same repetitive negative counters continue the more it convinces me there is absolutely no substance in the Trust’s bid and the strategy is simply anybody but the current owner for the land.

Stating the obvious but true Peter.
It’s always been about the ACV land. First the option taken and subsequent alleged KT (mafia) phone call. Now some cloak and dagger ‘bid’. It ain’t gonna happen but say it did…. the answer would be that KT wasn’t going to finish the stand anyway. The irony isn’t lost on anyone around the lack of transparency from the tiny minority who call the shots on the Trust. The AGM could be interesting but the renegades have gone quiet, so wouldn’t be surprised if that falls away.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38141 on: January 24, 2023, 08:07:33 am »

Northampton Town Football club will not move forward until the current owners are gone FACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #38142 on: January 24, 2023, 08:33:37 am »

Northampton Town Football club will not move forward until the current owners are gone FACT.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #38143 on: January 24, 2023, 10:55:39 am »

So Peter and Dav, do you think that it's OK for KT to sell all 20 acres of the development land when there is no legal requirement for him to even finish the East ? Surely it's not asking too much for the 3 acres (ACV) land to be used for the benefit of NTFC rather than hem in the East Stand with warehouses, which would rule out, for ever, any expansion on that side, which in turn, pretty much condemns us to the bottom 2 divisions for ever.
    I've said it hundreds of times, I've not got a problem with KT getting his money back and making a profit on the other 17 acres, as long as NTFC do well out of the deal but, frankly, building warehouse 50mts from the back of the existing steelwork not only rules out any future expansion but also any meeting rooms or bars that could be built onto the back of the East at minimal cost whilst it is completed, if it ever is. I don't think that's a good deal for NTFC.
  Come on Kelvin, leave the ACV land, take the rest and do exactly what you want with it, make as much as you can, but don't be greedy !!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #38144 on: January 24, 2023, 11:11:01 am »

A Hop Scotch court would be great.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38145 on: January 24, 2023, 11:12:18 am »

So Peter and Dav, do you think that it's OK for KT to sell all 20 acres of the development land when there is no legal requirement for him to even finish the East ?He & WNC have repeatedly said that will be incorporated in the final contract - you choose not to believe that - I actually don't know Surely it's not asking too much for the 3 acres (ACV) land to be used for the benefit of NTFC Don't disagree with this point and never had & I still maintain had certain individuals not taken such an antagonistic view with the owners a better solution for these 3 acres might just have been possible rather than hem in the East Stand with warehouses, which would rule out, for ever, any expansion on that side, which in turn, pretty much condemns us to the bottom 2 divisions for ever.Sorry I think this is a complete red herring - development of corners and North and South stand could bring the Sixfield capacity to that of Bournmouth
    I've said it hundreds of times, I've not got a problem with KT getting his money back and making a profit on the other 17 acres, as long as NTFC do well out of the deal but, frankly, building warehouse 50mts from the back of the existing steelwork not only rules out any future expansion but also any meeting rooms or bars that could be built onto the back of the East at minimal cost whilst it is completed, if it ever is. I don't think that's a good deal for NTFC.My understanding is these are proposed plans and have not been approved or passed by WNC and even that is not withstanding the possible outcome of the JR which may change everything
  Come on Kelvin, leave the ACV land, take the rest and do exactly what you want with it, make as much as you can, but don't be greedy !!!!!

.....but as always however valid the points made how does repeating them change the course of proceedings - if the Trust really have a viable alternative plan start engaging with the fan base on those positives
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38146 on: January 24, 2023, 11:14:38 am »

So Peter and Dav, do you think that it's OK for KT to sell all 20 acres of the development land when there is no legal requirement for him to even finish the East ? Surely it's not asking too much for the 3 acres (ACV) land to be used for the benefit of NTFC rather than hem in the East Stand with warehouses, which would rule out, for ever, any expansion on that side, which in turn, pretty much condemns us to the bottom 2 divisions for ever.
    I've said it hundreds of times, I've not got a problem with KT getting his money back and making a profit on the other 17 acres, as long as NTFC do well out of the deal but, frankly, building warehouse 50mts from the back of the existing steelwork not only rules out any future expansion but also any meeting rooms or bars that could be built onto the back of the East at minimal cost whilst it is completed, if it ever is. I don't think that's a good deal for NTFC.

I thought the stand completion was addressed since and reasoning explained. Either way, if any other bid assures the completion of the stand and the club better off then I’m not overly fussed. Ultimately I’m not losing sleep over any of it and will be pleasantly surprised if anyone gets the thing finished before many of us meet our maker. I’d prefer some more success on the pitch. If they take up to 50 metres from the East, I’m also not personally concerned. The speed anything moves it would take decades to see any benefit for subsequent owners. They’d be more likely to level the ground and probably one of the warehouses if they wanted to rebuild there.
From the outside I don’t see any chance of a happy ending if an alternative bidder gets the land, unless they don’t intend leaving us with owners millions in ‘debt’ and zero assets. That wouldn’t be a happy ending, well maybe for some.
Without a super rich mega fan we’re going no where anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #38147 on: January 24, 2023, 11:22:01 am »

.....but as always however valid the points made how does repeating them change the course of proceedings - if the Trust really have a viable alternative plan start engaging with the fan base on those positives

I suspect that the current trust board and their claque do NOT have an alternative, I also suspect that the £3,000,000 is fictitious and their bid was made because they felt they needed to do something. Prove me wrong!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #38148 on: January 24, 2023, 11:27:19 am »

, building warehouse 50mts from the back of the existing steelwork not only rules out any future expansion but also any meeting rooms or bars that could be built onto the back of the East at minimal cost whilst it is completed, if it ever is. I don't think that's a good deal for NTFC.

With respect, Roger, I think you are underestimating what you can fit into a 50m space. For comparison, I've just spent 5 minutes on Google Maps making use of their measure distance tool and here are the sizes of some of the big venues around town.

The large new building on the Abington Avenue side of the County Ground - 60m

The Racecourse Pavilion- 43m

The Picturedrome - 35m

Delapre Abbey (Main building) - 42m, the annex containing The Orangery and Hibiscus is only 30m

On the Sixfields complex, the massive Tenpin building is 48m x 45m

Even with only 50m of the ACV land left there is plenty of room to fit in reasonable additional facilities.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:29:53 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38149 on: January 24, 2023, 11:31:01 am »

Spot on with your last word there, greedy, but did you really expect anything else?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #38150 on: January 24, 2023, 11:41:07 am »

The problem about completing the East is that I'm pretty sure that most of the fans thought that was part of the original takeover deal, but as it wasn't "in writing" it hasn't been done.
    Re the 3 acres, the way I see it was that the Trust were put in a position where they had to activate the ACV, if they had not done that what do you think the reaction from the fans would have been to proposals to build a giant warehouse on the ACV land.
 Yes filling in the corners would give us the same capacity as Bournemouth, which is not really big enough for the Championship let alone the Prem.
 Yourself and others keep saying "What are the Trust's plans?" but you then say that NTFC have only "proposed" plans that have yet to be passed by WNC and they've had 7 years talking about the land. Let's have a level playing field, if a full time, professional organisation haven't produced any plans in 7 years surely demanding that a part time organisation, run by a few volunteers, produce plans in a few months is hardly a level playing field
  By the way, these are my thoughts and I'm not and haven't been a Trust board member for over 2 years
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #38151 on: January 24, 2023, 11:44:21 am »

The problem about completing the East is that I'm pretty sure that most of the fans thought that was part of the original takeover deal, but as it wasn't "in writing" it hasn't been done.
    Re the 3 acres, the way I see it was that the Trust were put in a position where they had to activate the ACV, if they had not done that what do you think the reaction from the fans would have been to proposals to build a giant warehouse on the ACV land.
 Yes filling in the corners would give us the same capacity as Bournemouth, which is not really big enough for the Championship let alone the Prem.
 Yourself and others keep saying "What are the Trust's plans?" but you then say that NTFC have only "proposed" plans that have yet to be passed by WNC and they've had 7 years talking about the land. Let's have a level playing field, if a full time, professional organisation haven't produced any plans in 7 years surely demanding that a part time organisation, run by a few volunteers, produce plans in a few months is hardly a level playing field
  By the way, these are my thoughts and I'm not and haven't been a Trust board member for over 2 years
Yes, let's have a level playing field, and maybe stop denigrating the club and ownership at every opportunity. And lets be brutally frank, it wasn't the trust that activated the AVC, it was the current board....... two of whom were co opted by other board members
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38152 on: January 24, 2023, 11:48:36 am »

Yes, let's have a level playing field, and maybe stop denigrating the club and ownership at every opportunity. And lets be brutally frank, it wasn't the trust that activated the AVC, it was the current board....... two of whom were co opted by other board members
Absolutely wonderful isn’t it, our Trust, the one true voice of the fans protecting the interests of the club, I fully support them.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3548

« Reply #38153 on: January 24, 2023, 11:51:41 am »

Absolutely wonderful isn’t it, our Trust, the one true voice of the fans protecting the interests of the club, I fully support them.

More power to your elbow wee son  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #38154 on: January 24, 2023, 12:10:24 pm »

. And lets be brutally frank, it wasn't the trust that activated the AVC, it was the current board....... two of whom were co opted by other board members
The board activated the ACV after a vote by members. There is nothing unusual or underhand about  board members being co-opted, it's in the constitution .
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38155 on: January 24, 2023, 12:24:04 pm »

I suspect that the current trust board and their claque do NOT have an alternative, I also suspect that the £3,000,000 is fictitious and their bid was made because they felt they needed to do something. Prove me wrong!
Lets assume that Derek was telling the truth, and the Trust do have £3,000,000 being held in an account, and that they do have a workable plan of what to do with it. Well, I hope for their sake, that its worth the wait. Because if its not significantly better than warehouses, then the sh1t will hit the fan. And a truck park with no security or facilities, or an open air box park with no customers will not work.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #38156 on: January 24, 2023, 12:55:26 pm »

Lets assume that Derek was telling the truth, and the Trust do have £3,000,000 being held in an account, and that they do have a workable plan of what to do with it. Well, I hope for their sake, that its worth the wait. Because if its not significantly better than warehouses, then the sh1t will hit the fan. And a truck park with no security or facilities, or an open air box park with no customers will not work.
They are build WAREHOUSES, it not a 5 star hotel, a leisure centre with lots of facilities, they are not even thinking about a medium size hall were you can hold events instead of having to go to the County Ground every time you want an event, they are building bloody warehouses, it will be hard to get much worse  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38157 on: January 24, 2023, 13:01:51 pm »

Let's have a level playing field, if a full time, professional organisation haven't produced any plans in 7 years surely demanding that a part time organisation, run by a few volunteers, produce plans in a few months is hardly a level playing field

I have to take issue on this - if the Trust had raised £3 million themselves it is valid point but their own accounts show that's not the case - the reality is, if they are truly in a position to make a £3 million bid they are working with a much bigger organisation who are simply can't be a part time organisation run by a few volunteers so some plans must surely exist.

Also I take issue on the description of the trust body - had they not been led by individuals who chose to be rude and disrespectful to anyone with a differing view they could have enjoyed to inclusion of more individuals with a variety of talents - but still we go on with the same negative comments whilst the following reasonable and pertinent questions remain unanswered -

1) Will the deal finance the completion of the East Stand?
2) If the current owner no longer have profits from the land and walk will the deal provide sufficient ongoing revenue to run the club?
3) Assuming the deal hands the ACV to the trust what are their plans for that 3 acres and what sort of development is planned for the remaining land?

Answering those questions, even with minimal detail in no way breaches any commercial confidentiality and the continued failure to respond makes one come to the conclusion either the bid is simply fantasy or it is a very dangerous gamble with the clubs future. People are asking those questions not because they are anti trust or indeed pro KT/DB but because they are are concerned about the associated risks with the current situation - I get the mistrust of the current owners but the failure to see any risks in the alternative is for me shocking from individuals who profess to want the best for the club.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 13:10:58 pm by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #38158 on: January 24, 2023, 13:03:19 pm »

You lot just go round and round repeating the same old narrative depending on your point of view. Don't you get tired?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38159 on: January 24, 2023, 13:31:31 pm »

They are build WAREHOUSES, it not a 5 star hotel, a leisure centre with lots of facilities, they are not even thinking about a medium size hall were you can hold events instead of having to go to the County Ground every time you want an event, they are building bloody warehouses, it will be hard to get much worse  Angry
As I said, it had better be worth the wait.
Anyway, why are you so angry? You are just an uninformed member, the same as me.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 ... 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: