The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 08:39:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 [1921] 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 ... 2197   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1839273 times)
guest3574

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #38400 on: February 21, 2023, 16:02:24 pm »

All just hot air and flim flam
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38401 on: February 21, 2023, 16:04:31 pm »

And once again he has gone without answering my oft repeated question.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3574

« Reply #38402 on: February 21, 2023, 16:05:28 pm »

And once again he has gone without answering my oft repeated question.

The puppet masters haven't given him the answers, once they have he'll be back
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38403 on: February 21, 2023, 18:56:33 pm »

Why are you soooo keen to bash any ideas from the Trust?   

even if you did nothing with the running track but tarmac it and charge 25 trucks £15 per night and that money went into improving the fans experience, surely that is better than leaving it as it is ? 

If we had done that 7 years ago that would have brought in an extra income of around £900k in that time. (yes i know there are expenses etc) - and no its not what i want for the land but...

Is it best just to keep the ACV land overrun until such time that someone with money does turn?  (which is still better than putting a great big warehouse on it, isn't it?)

I am listening... what would you like to do with the running track land? 

what are your ideas?   

Derek, in brief I wrote to you all on the board nearly a year ago asking how any revenue from schemes such as these were going to be identified as additional rather than redistributed revenue. I then asked how any investment or donation was going to be channeled appropriately and subsequently protected. Until there are some considerations around this, the proposals are fairly worthless. TBH it’s a bit annoying that at the end of the release it’s asked if there are any questions when these concerns have been kicking around for this long unanswered. For the record plonking a few warehouses on the site might be a quick way of generating profit, but it’s yet another unimaginative planning catastrophe of the part of the council. The river and surrounding land is the biggest asset the town has and turning it into an eyesore is hardly going to stop the town centres downward spiral.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #38404 on: February 21, 2023, 19:01:52 pm »

I see that the overnight price has plummeted from £45 to £15, since I pointed out what the Red Lion was charging. I get the feeling that you dont really know what to propose. Please prove me wrong. Without referring to the Saints.

He says what he’s told to. I’d rather listen to someone who actually supports the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #38405 on: February 21, 2023, 19:15:00 pm »

The entire Sixfields area is a blight, dull and lifeless. The Trust board, in their powerpoint presentation, used the Riverside stadium as an example, I have been to many football grounds, and Sixfields stadium is utilitarian in design, and more comfortable than some. Especially when compared to the away seating at L***n or the open terraces of Gillingham and the old Oxfords, Cambridges and Chesterfields

On this point I happen to disagree that Sixfields area is blight. Its just that I have been to many lower league club grounds particularly for example   Sutton, Barrow and Harrogate. To me they make Sixfields look like an oasis of serenity. Point taken though. As for the Trust using Middlesborough as show case example is a bit pointless given that they are a wealthy Premier/Championship Club.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3578

« Reply #38406 on: February 21, 2023, 19:21:38 pm »

There must at least 50 Cobblers' supporters, that have private pension pots worth £100k or more.

Like, £5M tied up in a pension, which they may never get to enjoy.

If only there was a way of those folk joining together & using that clout to buy something worthwhile?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38407 on: February 21, 2023, 20:02:41 pm »

On this point I happen to disagree that Sixfields area is blight. Its just that I have been to many lower league club grounds particularly for example   Sutton, Barrow and Harrogate. To me they make Sixfields look like an oasis of serenity. Point taken though. As for the Trust using Middlesborough as show case example is a bit pointless given that they are a wealthy Premier/Championship Club.
All is opinion, no need to agree with all that is written.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38408 on: February 21, 2023, 20:03:53 pm »

There must at least 50 Cobblers' supporters, that have private pension pots worth £100k or more.

Like, £5M tied up in a pension, which they may never get to enjoy.

If only there was a way of those folk joining together & using that clout to buy something worthwhile?
It's not the buying, it's the keeping it running that's important.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38409 on: February 21, 2023, 20:12:30 pm »

Did you know that less than 25% of clubs break even?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3574

« Reply #38410 on: February 21, 2023, 20:22:34 pm »

Yes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3578

« Reply #38411 on: February 21, 2023, 20:23:23 pm »

Did you know that the average private pension-holder receives less than 10% of the result of their investment (given the years contributed, amount contributed by year, and the investment opportunities available to the fund)?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38412 on: February 21, 2023, 22:07:17 pm »

Did you know that the average private pension-holder receives less than 10% of the result of their investment (given the years contributed, amount contributed by year, and the investment opportunities available to the fund)?
Sounds like you'd be better off investing in some cheap land?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3578

« Reply #38413 on: February 21, 2023, 22:37:22 pm »

Sounds like you'd be better off investing in some cheap land?

Or, "Cheep"? as Bernard Matthews would have said before Bird Flu became a t'ing.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38414 on: February 22, 2023, 08:42:46 am »

All just hot air and flim flam
For 20 years at the hands of greedy land grabbing owners, you're being too polite.

I take it you refer to cdnl/thomas?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38415 on: February 22, 2023, 08:52:01 am »

Couple of points, Sixfields has attached to it a huge nature reserve! Maybe you forgot?
Also Middlesborough were a broke as you could get but fortunately they weren't saddled with greedy little land grabbers and a bunch of besotted cdnl fan boys 😉 They were able to escape and rebuild quickly, we unfortunately have been saddled by land grabbing for 20 years and counting.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #38416 on: February 22, 2023, 09:06:03 am »

Couple of points, Sixfields has attached to it a huge nature reserve! Maybe you forgot?
Also Middlesborough were a broke as you could get but fortunately they weren't saddled with greedy little land grabbers and a bunch of besotted cdnl fan boys 😉 They were able to escape and rebuild quickly, we unfortunately have been saddled by land grabbing for 20 years and counting.

Morning Beds - huge nature reserve; that’s surely an exaggeration? Am checking the veracity of your claim now! The rest just follows your personal agenda.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38417 on: February 22, 2023, 09:08:42 am »

Fortunately there's many out there that can comfortably take over, building up and  run a club successfully. (Awaiting the usual where are they? mob,  which I will refer them to at least 50 clubs with progressive ownership, so to answer your,  anyone like all those)

Unfortunately saddled for 20 years by cdnl, ones who can't build a club or run it to its potential as they are only interested in the 23 acres of cheap land  have taken a heavy toll..

Try arguing against that Pau of cdnl, without referring to fellow poorly run basket case clubs?

Also note Northampton Town playing at such a low level are very sustainable even without seeking investors. The tiny 2% that bother turning up to watch 4th division football, the sky and league affiliations more than pay our up keep and keeps it ticking over until the owners can cash in on the land and hammer us for what they suggest we as the football club of Northampton owe them for services rendered..Which if you ask me its they who owe the town of Northampton money for destroying any hope for its football clubs growth these past 8 years.

They have convinced themselves and those of easy persuasion that they are doing OK, no they're not and need to be shown the door with immediate effect.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #38418 on: February 22, 2023, 09:42:07 am »

You must be referring to Toms walk Covid exercise walk to Sixfields Lake, it’s hardly a huge area which we walked round in about 20 mins. Unfortunately it has litter issues and vandalism of signs and trails. The question have you walked round Sixfields Lake - that’s a direct question to you! It’s a protected area if only for the Lancastrian Soldiers who fled to the area after the battle in 1460. You might be better of supporting the team this Saturday at Colchester!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #38419 on: February 22, 2023, 09:57:23 am »

You must be referring to Toms walk Covid exercise walk to Sixfields Lake, it’s hardly a huge area which we walked round in about 20 mins. Unfortunately it has litter issues and vandalism of signs and trails. The question have you walked round Sixfields Lake - that’s a direct question to you! It’s a protected area if only for the Lancastrian Soldiers who fled to the area after the battle in 1460. You might be better of supporting the team this Saturday at Colchester!

Here are the facts on Sixfields Lake :
https://interests.me/org/northamptoninfo/story/106746/amp
It’s an area of 1 hectare (2.47acres) with a walk of 3.5miles which can be completed in less than 1 hour, bird watchers might dwell longer! Before you made your assertion on this proposed ‘huge’ site did you bother to evaluate your claim first?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 10:04:23 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 [1921] 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 ... 2197   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: