The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 12:13:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1846177 times)
DavCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38520 on: March 02, 2023, 13:46:44 pm »

I can’t honestly believe anyone is actually that worried about any of this. If they were, with the amount of time it’s been going on they would have either had a breakdown or been committed to an institution by now.

It’ll all be OK in the end…or it won’t…but it probably will.

I’m beginning to think that KT deserves every penny he can get for the perseverance.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #38521 on: March 02, 2023, 15:19:41 pm »

I can’t honestly believe anyone is actually that worried about any of this. If they were, with the amount of time it’s been going on they would have either had a breakdown or been committed to an institution by now.

It’ll all be OK in the end…or it won’t…but it probably will.

I’m beginning to think that KT deserves every penny he can get for the perseverance.

My view is the complete opposite of yours. Thanks, saved me time.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38522 on: March 02, 2023, 15:33:36 pm »

Completely agree. But for me there are 2 options. One definitely means we don't get anything. One might mean we don't get anything.
Now there isnt a viable 3rd option (unless there is something else in the background), to secure what we want in a more formal way, then shouldn't those that are in place to protect the club be requesting meetings with the council and the owners, putting forward suggestions of things to add to the contract, asking to see what is in the draft contract now it isnt in the Heads of Terms, even writing something they would want KT to sign and publish that underscores his commitment in a way the Trust like that doesnt include his usual caveats etc. Might not be legally binding but would be a sign of good will maybe.
Much more proactive things that a powerpoint showing what everyone else has done and critising all for a lack of imagination.
The third option is that the judicial review is successful. With all this publicity and the perception that this is a land grab with zillions to be made, other parties enter the new bidding process. (It’s not like there’s only one land developer in the country). The price goes through the roof and the council are obliged to accept one of the significantly improved offers. The club gets nothing, the current owners walk, the people with deep pockets queuing up to buy the club turn out to be a load of bollócks and we go down the Kermit. Of course that won’t happen, everything will be fine. With our catchment area, local businesses and well wishers chomping at the bit and a fortune to be made by extending a couple of the stands we’ll be the next Brentford. Have faith, in Beds we trust.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38523 on: March 02, 2023, 15:43:58 pm »

My view is the complete opposite of yours. Thanks, saved me time.

Grin

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38524 on: March 02, 2023, 20:37:40 pm »

The third option is that the judicial review is successful. With all this publicity and the perception that this is a land grab with zillions to be made, other parties enter the new bidding process. (It’s not like there’s only one land developer in the country). The price goes through the roof and the council are obliged to accept one of the significantly improved offers. The club gets nothing, the current owners walk, the people with deep pockets queuing up to buy the club turn out to be a load of bollócks and we go down the Kermit. Of course that won’t happen, everything will be fine. With our catchment area, local businesses and well wishers chomping at the bit and a fortune to be made by extending a couple of the stands we’ll be the next Brentford. Have faith, in Beds we trust.
You may not be the fastest learner, but well done, you got there in the end.. Well almost. You just have to know we're very capable of survival, not needing cardoza/thomas to avoid playing on the racecourse!

Through your tightly gritted teeth, you have virtually nailed exactly what will happen..
The under fire council as you rightly pointed out, will seek a significantly improved deal which they will quickly attain, a massive £18m for the town of Northampton of which several millions will be paid back the football club and over seen by new progressive owners only wanting to build up the fortunes of NTFC after 20 year of deliberate and cruel stagnation at the hands of CDNL, All monies going into improving capacity and finishing the East stand, also allowing a 30m buffer zone on the old running track protecting the stadium from being hemmed in, allowing for other important income streams for the club..

At last we're all in agreement so lets move forward, out with the old in with the new.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38525 on: March 02, 2023, 21:55:01 pm »

You may not be the fastest learner, but well done, you got there in the end.. Well almost. You just have to know we're very capable of survival, not needing cardoza/thomas to avoid playing on the racecourse!

Through your tightly gritted teeth, you have virtually nailed exactly what will happen..
The under fire council as you rightly pointed out, will seek a significantly improved deal which they will quickly attain, a massive £18m for the town of Northampton of which several millions will be paid back the football club and over seen by new progressive owners only wanting to build up the fortunes of NTFC after 20 year of deliberate and cruel stagnation at the hands of CDNL, All monies going into improving capacity and finishing the East stand, also allowing a 30m buffer zone on the old running track protecting the stadium from being hemmed in, allowing for other important income streams for the club..

At last we're all in agreement so lets move forward, out with the old in with the new.

Sorry, my confidence in the plan was short lived. I’ve reverted to thinking you’re talking out of your arśe. Nice dream while it lasted though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38526 on: March 03, 2023, 07:10:23 am »

The under fire council as you rightly pointed out, will seek a significantly improved deal which they will quickly attain, a massive £18m for the town of Northampton of which several millions will be paid back the football club and over seen by new progressive owners……

Beds - just the two questions on this -

1) Why do you think the council would divert a single penny to the football club? - having already being fleeced for £10m and 95% of council tax payers not giving a toss about the football club cold logic, even as an avid fan tells me that isn’t going to happen.
2) Any thoughts on who these new progressive owners are so all fans can get behind them.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 08:05:56 am by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #38527 on: March 03, 2023, 08:10:48 am »

1) Why do you think the council would divert a single penny to the football club? - having already being fleeced for £10m and 95% of council tax payers not giving a toss about the football club cold logic, even as an avid fan tells me that isn’t going to happen.
2) Any thoughts on who these new progressive owners are so all fans can get behind them.

Come on, Peter, these are mere details. Beds is an ideas man, let him do his blue sky thing and don't trouble him with such mundanity.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3571

« Reply #38528 on: March 03, 2023, 08:44:51 am »

Because there are 250,000 people in this town all checking the news each morning waiting for these land grabbers to sell the club to the pied piper of Northampton for £1. When that happens every single one of the 200,000 will DEMAND the council hand over millions to the club so the pied piper can add safe standing behind the south stand to accommodate 3000 more fans and install a quantity more than 10 corporate boxes that have marble floors and luxury fittings. They will then wrap the entire stadium in gold leaf. We will then rocket up the leagues and on the first game in the premier league we will unveil a statue of the pied piper and beds that sits proudly in the middle of the athletics track.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38529 on: March 03, 2023, 15:31:42 pm »

You seem to have lost 50,000 people, Stan.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #38530 on: March 03, 2023, 15:38:22 pm »

You seem to have lost 50,000 people, Stan.  Wink

I can't tell if he did it on purpose because he is parodying Bedscobb, or if it was a genuine mistake on his part. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38531 on: March 03, 2023, 18:08:29 pm »

Because it’s their asset, just a guess.
However the councils track record is that of a common criminal so I wouldn’t hold my breath.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 18:10:35 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38532 on: March 05, 2023, 10:33:59 am »

Hi pau, botn, peter,stan and melbourne, so sorry I was slow to reply, on holiday in Australia.
But having read your replies, It seems that you could only be cdnl/thomas or employees there of.. or ones hiding under his shirt tails..
Im very tired, having just got  back from wedding celebrations, so after some rest, I shall correct your errant ways.
Northampton town fc will not be subjected to or suffer from your devious manipulation..
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #38533 on: March 05, 2023, 11:04:13 am »

Hi pau, botn, peter,stan and melbourne, so sorry I was slow to reply, on holiday in Australia.
But having read your replies, It seems that you could only be cdnl/thomas or employees there of.. or ones hiding under his shirt tails..
Im very tired, having just got  back from wedding celebrations, so after some rest, I shall correct your errant ways.
Northampton town fc will not be subjected to or suffer from your devious manipulation..

Beds our questions are absolutely nothing to do with the current owners they simply pertain to a bit of detail on the bright new future you envisage - you can actually answer this without any reference to the current owners or the last 20 years - or can you?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #38534 on: March 05, 2023, 11:13:32 am »

Beds our questions are absolutely nothing to do with the current owners they simply pertain to a bit of detail on the bright new future you envisage - you can actually answer this without any reference to the current owners or the last 20 years - or can you?

Please everybody stop engaging with him and he'll hopefully go away.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38535 on: March 05, 2023, 11:33:55 am »

Nope, I’m up in Sydney the week after next, so if Beds is up for it we can have a nice few beers and chat about where he is going wrong!
Report Spam   Logged

Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #38536 on: March 05, 2023, 12:59:46 pm »

Extremely unlikely- there is a little echo chamber on Twitter and FB between about 3 of them - no one else joins in but still it continues…….
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #38537 on: March 05, 2023, 14:55:10 pm »

Nope, I’m up in Sydney the week after next, so if Beds is up for it we can have a nice few beers and chat about where he is going wrong!

I feel a bromance a brewing  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38538 on: March 06, 2023, 02:01:52 am »

I feel a bromance a brewing  Grin
So can I, although I was hoping for fun, friendship and possibly more? No time wasters.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #38539 on: March 06, 2023, 06:40:55 am »

I’m up in Sydney the week after next

Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 [1927] 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: