The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 05:42:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 [1931] 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845516 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38600 on: March 21, 2023, 19:02:33 pm »

A light fitting had broken and was hanging down so it wasn't safe for people to be under it. Not sure what had happened- presumably a wayward shot during the warm up!
Anybody recall Bath away, FA cup early 1990s, Steve Terry did the same and bought down the guttering on the main stand? Now the cider monkeys were getting as wet as the rest of us on the open terrace. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38601 on: March 21, 2023, 19:03:11 pm »

What rights do the club have over the 'spoils'?
No one is going to give the club a penny if they are able to buy and develop the land.
Just for the record far more than CDNL.
Northampton towns future depend on getting a fair deal and not shafted by 10 boxes in a little rusting stand.

The council have to be made aware of what it's local football club desperately need from the land at Sixfields which is not what is being divided up to benefit our clubs future.

At the moment its looking desperate for our club, I'm sending emails to the relevant bodies hoping they start seeing sense and reject this awful cdnl proposal or get it to reflect our clubs needs which is a finished east stand and a 3000 capacity increase.
Anything less and we're screwed for the foreseeable.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #38602 on: March 21, 2023, 19:05:37 pm »

Whilst I don't disagree with your sentiment - what exactly does established mean in your mind? because without actually defining it, it can be used to exclude all other clubs who have ever been non league, given that we have never been non league.

I would consider both Fleetwood and Accrington Stanley to be established league clubs at this point and both have smaller stadiums. Do you consider Oxford to be an established league club? they were in the conference more recently than Accrington, were they not?

I would probably suggest established being since automatic promotion/relegation between 4th division and Conference/National league began in 1987, or at least since 2 up, 2 down in 2003. So if you want to include teams like Oxford, Luton, Lincoln, Tranmere etc, all traditionally established league clubs, they all have bigger capacities anyway.
 I'm just frustated they didn't build a minimum 10000 capacity Sixfields at the time, it wouldn't really have cost a great deal more and we wouldn't be going through all this nonsense now. Colchester, Wimbledon, Doncaster to name but 3, all similar sized clubs to us, all built grounds around 10000 or more.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38603 on: March 21, 2023, 19:08:04 pm »

Never let the truth get in the way Beds, 12 league 1 & 2 clubs with smaller capacities than us.
I notice you didn't name them, I wonder why?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #38604 on: March 21, 2023, 19:14:14 pm »

A light fitting had broken and was hanging down so it wasn't safe for people to be under it. Not sure what had happened- presumably a wayward shot during the warm up!
👍
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38605 on: March 21, 2023, 19:18:01 pm »

Does comparing Sixfields capacity to other clubs and regions make a material difference, as we haven't got anywhere near worrying about reaching capacity anytime recently?

Appreciate if (big if) we got promoted we'd likely get a bigger crowd, however previous recent League 1 forrays (Lockdown season aside) haven't seen us regularly pushing against capacity.

Would a higher capacity stadium not exacerbate the current notion that Sixfields atmosphere is a little subdued?

You may have failed to notice that for 20 years our club have been subjected to mothballing in order that those differing 'owners' can gobble up all the land and bugger off with millions and millions...

The repercussions are that ntfc have failed to build up its support base, its connection local businesses and investors also failing to improve the 1990s infrastructure.. And this Ladies and gentlemen has been aided and abetted by those very people who claim to support our club...

But all is not lost, we still have time to get the council back on side.. drop them an email demanding a fair reflection of the land carve up at Sixfields.
They need regular prompting..

Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38606 on: March 21, 2023, 20:32:53 pm »

Accrington, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Forest Green
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38607 on: March 21, 2023, 20:34:56 pm »

Accrington, Morecambe, Fleetwood, Forest Green
Cheltnum.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3574

« Reply #38608 on: March 21, 2023, 20:55:22 pm »

Crawley, Barrow, Salford, Harrogate, Hartlepool
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38609 on: March 21, 2023, 20:56:17 pm »

Oh dear, that didn't age well  Grin

Maybe you need to start listening to others than hanging on every word uttered by land hungry cdnl.

That judiciary hearing delay may turn out to be a blessing in disguise as the land sale could go back to a fair open market that entice one's who can accept our clubs right of a fair share of the spoils  and protecting them ...
As at this moment we're staring at another doomsday scenario where ntfc's future growth prospects disappear in a puff of smoke.

A finished East stand and a 3000 capacity increase,  must be the minimum acceptable, to  fully agreed by all those who have an interest in the future of their Towns professional football club.
It can't be dictated by a handful of brown nosing sycophants and daft councillors who are ll to easily persuaded. All hell bent on destroying Northampton's professional football club, withoutthem even realising it ...Again!

Mate we all know what you want - and to honest it’s not an unreasonable wish (I’ve always maintained the east stand is a bit of a red herring which on completion would only bring in modest increased revenue whereas a 3000 increase in capacity on the North and South make much more sense) - however why in your wildest dreams do you you think WNC would put any such stipulation on the land sale - since the £10 million robbery they don’t give a flying f*** about the football club and just want shot of the land with a minimum of fuss - you think the CDNL deal is rubbish but even you should perhaps concede and alternative might just be worse.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38610 on: March 21, 2023, 21:21:52 pm »

BURTON
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #38611 on: March 21, 2023, 21:39:43 pm »

Just for the record far more than CDNL.
Northampton towns future depend on getting a fair deal and not shafted by 10 boxes in a little rusting stand.

The council have to be made aware of what it's local football club desperately need from the land at Sixfields which is not what is being divided up to benefit our clubs future.

At the moment its looking desperate for our club, I'm sending emails to the relevant bodies hoping they start seeing sense and reject this awful cdnl proposal or get it to reflect our clubs needs which is a finished east stand and a 3000 capacity increase.
Anything less and we're screwed for the foreseeable.
The only group who MAY give any money to the club is CDNL. Cilldara wont, nor will any other outside 3rd party land developer. You do realise that surely
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #38612 on: March 21, 2023, 21:41:18 pm »

1 Cheltenham 7.066 23 years in the league barring 1 season.
2 Burton 6.912 - 14 years in the league.
3 Stevenage 6.722   - 13 years in the league
4 Morecambe 6.476 - 16 years in the league
5 Crawley 6.134   - 12 years in the league
6 Accrington 5.450 - 17 years in the league
7 Fleetwood 5.327 - 11 years in the league
8 Forest Green 5.140
9 Salford 5.108 - 4 years in the league
10 Sutton 5.013   - 2 years in the league
11 Harrogate 3.852   - 3 years in the league
12 Barrow 2.829 - 3 years in the league

Personally I'd say everyone down to Fleetwood qualifies as an established league club.

Edit: fixed it. I'd lifted the numbers from transfermarket but they had slighted understated Hartlepool's attendance as Shoey pointed out, so they have slightly more seats than us rather than slightly fewer. I had somehow managed to miss Forest Green off the bottom of the league 1 list though so there are still 12 L1 & L2 clubs with smaller grounds.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 07:14:57 am by BackOfTheNet » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #38613 on: March 21, 2023, 21:53:19 pm »

1 Hartlepool 7.691   - the best part of a century in the league prior to their lew years in the conference.
2 Cheltenham 7.066 23 years in the league barring 1 season.
3 Burton 6.912 - 14 years in the league.
4 Stevenage 6.722   - 13 years in the league
5 Morecambe 6.476 - 16 years in the league
6 Crawley 6.134   - 12 years in the league
7 Accrington 5.450 - 17 years in the league
8 Fleetwood 5.327 - 11 years in the league

Personally I'd say everyone down to Fleetwood qualifies as an established league club.

Hartlepool 7865, more than us. As for the rest, established is subjective.
Looking at it another way. No Club that's been in the league as long as us has a smaller capacity.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #38614 on: March 21, 2023, 22:06:10 pm »

Hartlepool 7865, more than us. As for the rest, established is subjective.
Looking at it another way. No Club that's been in the league as long as us has a smaller capacity.
Which means they have more empty seats than we do.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #38615 on: March 22, 2023, 06:21:41 am »

1 Hartlepool 7.691   - the best part of a century in the league prior to their lew years in the conference.
2 Cheltenham 7.066 23 years in the league barring 1 season.
3 Burton 6.912 - 14 years in the league.
4 Stevenage 6.722   - 13 years in the league
5 Morecambe 6.476 - 16 years in the league
6 Crawley 6.134   - 12 years in the league
7 Accrington 5.450 - 17 years in the league
8 Fleetwood 5.327 - 11 years in the league

That actually proves Beds point.

The stadium is definitely too small, if any genuine ambition is to be realised. And it is absolutely in need of some TLC.

The thing with Beds/Dave. Is you have to cut through the game playing to the overall sentiment. In reality, as Pete says, his demands aren’t unnecessarily unrealistic. The only avenue to realising even some modest improvements on our current situation. For example sustained league one football. Is to look at improving on the current infrastructure.

Beds biggest problem will always be, that he concentrates more on the reaction that he gets, rather than the substance of his point 😀 However, he has every right to put his point across. And anyone that disagrees entirely with him, probably needs to look at the sentiment, rather than the mischievous delivery.

As I have said all along. I still wish the land didn’t exist. It has been nothing but a distraction for years. It has attracted the wrong sort of attention to the club and acted as an huge distraction to its owners. It has virtually seen off (hopefully on the rise again) what was once a great Trust model. It truly is…..the curse that keeps giving.

Oh for the days when we discussed the Starling and a puddle. And football was king.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 14:14:50 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #38616 on: March 22, 2023, 07:10:17 am »

Which means they have more empty seats than we do.

Well they would do. Slightly bigger ground, generally smaller crowds Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #38617 on: March 22, 2023, 07:18:51 am »

Looking at it another way; Bradford have about as many empty seats as our capacity and still get around 18000.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38618 on: March 22, 2023, 08:26:47 am »

The puddle is still there, deeper and wider  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #38619 on: March 22, 2023, 08:28:51 am »

Beacuase I assumed anyone with half a brain would do like I did and google it! If the emails you are writing contain as much truth as the rubbish you post on here then it won't matter how many you write as no one will take you seriously.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 [1931] 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: