The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 04:40:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 [1939] 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845428 times)
coboz and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38760 on: April 02, 2023, 09:34:44 am »

Morning Dopey, I’ve another cut and paste treat for you. Have a look down this list and note the average attendance and also note the column that lists how many times we sold out for each season in league 1. Can you clarify how we lost “several hundred thousand”? I’m sure there’s a convincing reason but the sceptic in me thinks it’s probably more bóllocks.with
Thank you in advance.6

https://www.transfermarkt.com/northampton-town/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/1302
Oh dear melly, youre really having problems your blinkered views at the moment..Allow me to show you the wood from the trees.. You point our figures collated from not only a tiny unattractive ground but also those of a football club held captive by  cunning land acquiring co CDNL, so those figures are not showing what our club could be had we got the infrastructure to allow all those who want to ,  access to the several bigger L1 games, it doesn't highlight the lost inward investment ntfc are missing out on being a private land grabbing org and certainly doesn't point out the new supporters that ntfc continues to miss out on due to its amateurish non league esq running of a club that should be trading at least 50% more than it is now..

Poor copy pasting there me old duck ..You need to try and think before you ink perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #38761 on: April 02, 2023, 09:50:30 am »

Oh dear melly, youre really having problems your blinkered views at the moment..Allow me to show you the wood from the trees.. You point our figures collated from not only a tiny unattractive ground but also those of a football club held captive by  cunning land acquiring co CDNL, so those figures are not showing what our club could be had we got the infrastructure to allow all those who want to ,  access to the several bigger L1 games, it doesn't highlight the lost inward investment ntfc are missing out on being a private land grabbing org and certainly doesn't point out the new supporters that ntfc continues to miss out on due to its amateurish non league esq running of a club that should be trading at least 50% more than it is now..

Poor copy pasting there me old duck ..You need to try and think before you ink perhaps?

This. This is why I normally skim past posts when I notice they are from Beds.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3574

« Reply #38762 on: April 02, 2023, 11:08:01 am »

This. This is why I normally skim past posts when I notice they are from Beds.
Agree with him, he'll ignore you
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38763 on: April 02, 2023, 11:24:04 am »

How disappointing, more bóllocks then, thanks for confirming.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38764 on: April 02, 2023, 16:29:16 pm »

How disappointing, more bóllocks then, thanks for confirming.
Yet again accusations of bollocks being talked, but strangely nowhere is it pointed out as to what part and why they disagree with me, very strange!
You all know deep down you agree with me,  even those who pretend to scroll by looking only for everbrites posts  Grin Only joking Evers..but out of a sense of misplaced loyalty to cdnl, you keep quiet 🤫

Many have spoke out in favour of CDNL and are now too proud to back down, hoping upon Hope they somehow cdnl come good and share their good fortune with our ailing club..they won't and we all know it..
Others, club/cdnl plants on here are just doing what they're paid to do, but even they know I'm right and our club is about to be shafted of a fair deal from the 23 acres being gifted to cdnl by  weak ignorant councillors who will face serious questions later.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #38765 on: April 02, 2023, 16:33:07 pm »

Yet again accusations of bollocks being talked, but strangely nowhere is it pointed out as to what part and why they disagree with me, very strange!
You all know deep down you agree with me,  even those who pretend to scroll by looking only for everbrites posts  Grin Only joking Evers..but out of a sense of misplaced loyalty to cdnl, you keep quiet 🤫

Many have spoke out in favour of CDNL and are now too proud to back down, hoping upon Hope they somehow cdnl come good and share their good fortune with our ailing club..they won't and we all know it..
Others, club/cdnl plants on here are just doing what they're paid to do, but even they know I'm right and our club is about to be shafted of a fair deal from the 23 acres being gifted to cdnl by  weak ignorant councillors who will face serious questions later.
I don’t think it will be gifted to CNDL …..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #38766 on: April 02, 2023, 16:57:09 pm »

More words of wisdom from the great one " a prophet is not without honour save in his own country" Lead us unto the promised land
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38767 on: April 02, 2023, 21:16:26 pm »

The question was how several hundred thousand revenue was lost using the published figures. We didn’t sell out once in league 1 so we didn’t. I know this is confusing for you, but I’m here to help.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #38768 on: April 03, 2023, 04:19:41 am »

The question was how several hundred thousand revenue was lost using the published figures. We didn’t sell out once in league 1 so we didn’t. I know this is confusing for you, but I’m here to help.
Your missionary work is admirable but some can not be saved!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38769 on: April 03, 2023, 04:48:27 am »

Your missionary work is admirable but some can not be saved!
I won’t accept that, even a chimpanzee can be trained to play a couple of bars of Mozart. He just needs some support and guidance.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3571

« Reply #38770 on: April 03, 2023, 08:11:56 am »

980k per acre x 23, do the maths....There are no empty warehouses in our area..On line shopping dictates a central distribution hub..
Lets all demand a fair share or forever regret..
We are walking into a nightmare situation where ntfc will be yet again, rinsed hard.
So you are now saying you want them to build warehouse on the land?
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38771 on: April 03, 2023, 08:32:07 am »

980k per acre x 23, do the maths....There are no empty warehouses in our area..On line shopping dictates a central distribution hub..
Lets all demand a fair share or forever regret..
We are walking into a nightmare situation where ntfc will be yet again, rinsed hard.

Thank you for not saying ‘math’.
980 x 7 x 11 x 13 = 980,980
434 x 7 x 11 x 13 = 434,434
etc

Maths is fun!

I’m sitting next to a 50k sq foot warehouse that’s been empty for 3 years.
They’ll need some marketing campaign to fill the lot they are expecting to build at the moment. Whatever they make I think there must easier ways to generate money!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38772 on: April 03, 2023, 22:15:17 pm »

If capacity was say 12000 in a more professional setting, that attracts more fans to game, have no ticket restrictions on bigger games and away followings of up to 3000, we could easily average 7500 plus in a competitive l1 season, which is the minimum you expect from a town of 247, 000!
It appears to me you don't understand averages?
Also, when you talk of cdnl selling out tiny Sixfields you need to remind yourself of the amateurish set up,  our owners isolating the club with their stand alone land protecting and finally  its severe capacity restrictions, its amazing so many keep turning up to the 5hithole it has become!

Here's hoping you finally 'get it' as I'm beginning to think you're just pretending you haven't a clue  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38773 on: April 03, 2023, 23:51:16 pm »

If capacity was say 12000 in a more professional setting, that attracts more fans to game, have no ticket restrictions on bigger games and away followings of up to 3000, we could easily average 7500 plus in a competitive l1 season, which is the minimum you expect from a town of 247, 000!
It appears to me you don't understand averages?
Also, when you talk of cdnl selling out tiny Sixfields you need to remind yourself of the amateurish set up,  our owners isolating the club with their stand alone land protecting and finally  its severe capacity restrictions, its amazing so many keep turning up to the 5hithole it has become!

Here's hoping you finally 'get it' as I'm beginning to think you're just pretending you haven't a clue  Kiss
Dear me, this will never do. In the first instance in its very basic form, making a convincing case for a project should be as follows. An opinion on the best way forward, data including statistical evidence to support this and finally a conclusion that is based on sound reasoning. At the moment there is a huge gap in your evaluations and consequently you will fail to make a convincing case to support any proposal. As a result this explains why you currently struggle to get anyone to agree with you. Without providing any data and statistical evidence to support your proposals, you will continue to be a figure of ridicule and galvanise any opposition into resisting your subjective conclusions. Now start again and see if you can come up with some persuasive evidence to support moving forward with your ideas. Please note that the figures you have provided in your latest post are again subjective opinion, rather than historical data to be used as a likely performance indicator following the initiation of any proposal.
Please advise if you find this a challenge and I will help you as best as I can, but remember evidence and data to validate you conclusions are an absolute requirement. Good luck Beddy.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 01:24:08 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #38774 on: April 04, 2023, 05:22:25 am »

Dear me, this will never do. In the first instance in its very basic form, making a convincing case for a project should be as follows. An opinion on the best way forward, data including statistical evidence to support this and finally a conclusion that is based on sound reasoning. At the moment there is a huge gap in your evaluations and consequently you will fail to make a convincing case to support any proposal. As a result this explains why you currently struggle to get anyone to agree with you. Without providing any data and statistical evidence to support your proposals, you will continue to be a figure of ridicule and galvanise any opposition into resisting your subjective conclusions. Now start again and see if you can come up with some persuasive evidence to support moving forward with your ideas. Please note that the figures you have provided in your latest post are again subjective opinion, rather than historical data to be used as a likely performance indicator following the initiation of any proposal.
Please advise if you find this a challenge and I will help you as best as I can, but remember evidence and data to validate you conclusions are an absolute requirement. Good luck Beddy.
Fortunately I have 100 case studies where other clubs have improved their capabilities to maximise operational income..The case studies are nearly every other club in the football league and many non league clubs that maximise their earning potentials.
We are among a very few basket cases that the thomas fan boys love pointing out  to make the case for us to remain stagnating..
And its this reason, having no spare capacity we never get 5 figure gates, 3000 visiting supporters,  investors helping out , falling gates, lack of new supporters and an all round apathy brought on by an incredibly long 20 years of mothballing at the hands of cdnl which, should ntfc fail to get its fair share from the 23 acres up for grabs, it will continue for another 20 plus...
Hope that help enlighten you 🙂
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38775 on: April 04, 2023, 07:15:41 am »

Fortunately I have 100 case studies where other clubs have improved their capabilities to maximise operational income..The case studies are nearly every other club in the football league and many non league clubs that maximise their earning potentials.
We are among a very few basket cases that the thomas fan boys love pointing out  to make the case for us to remain stagnating..
And its this reason, having no spare capacity we never get 5 figure gates, 3000 visiting supporters,  investors helping out , falling gates, lack of new supporters and an all round apathy brought on by an incredibly long 20 years of mothballing at the hands of cdnl which, should ntfc fail to get its fair share from the 23 acres up for grabs, it will continue for another 20 plus...
Hope that help enlighten you 🙂
2/10 Whilst I am enjoying this new self appointed role as your mentor, unfortunately you are still failing in the fundamental task of producing specific evidence from relevant sources corroborate your statement. This is still rendering your conclusions relatively worthless beyond that of subjective opinion. Let me use an example to demonstrate your shortcomings in this area.

I have argued that increasing the ground size will have little effect on attendances if any, unless a ground frequently sells out. I have also argued that catchment area doesn't necessarily transpose into increased attendances. Further to this I have claimed that performance on the pitch is the biggest single factor in affecting attendance figures. Please see below a report from the University of Colorado studying attendances in English football that corroborates this view. You should note that this is not a report in isolation, but draws on reports from a number of reputable sources and organisations to support this view. There are a number of charts and statistical data taken from these entities to justify the conclusions made. Key points to be taken from the report are as follows.

1. Transaction expenditure (TRANSEXP) is positively associated with attendance, indicating that fans are more likely to spectate a match when their home team purchases more talented players.

2. Evidence that a team who possesses a larger population does not automatically have more fans.

3. Key contribution to the literature, however, is that we find goal differential (GD) to be positively associated with attendance. (This is interesting in itself).

4. When the desired attendance is less than stadium capacity, the attendance will equal the desired level. (This is particularly relevant with regards to your argument)

https://digitalccbeta.coloradocollege.edu/pid/coccc:9529/datastream/OBJ

So as demonstrated here I have produced a significant body of work with evidence from multiple sources that support everything that I have argued with regards to your musings. If you wish to put forward an argument that has relevance beyond the boundaries of your own head you need to produce similar data and evidence if you wish to be taken seriously. Please try again and if you need any support and assistance please don't hesitate to PM me.

Report Spam   Logged

guest3574

« Reply #38776 on: April 04, 2023, 07:28:22 am »

Did you both get together when he was supposedly in Australia recently?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38777 on: April 04, 2023, 08:00:58 am »

Did you both get together when he was supposedly in Australia recently?
Nope, I don't think he really wanted any educational support whilst on holiday. I tell you what though, Beds or no Beds this is turning into an interesting exercise. The conclusions my latest cut and paste jolly highlights certainly casts significant doubt on all the arguments for completing the stand.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3571

« Reply #38778 on: April 04, 2023, 08:01:59 am »

Ah brilliant, you have done some much needed research. Have you shared these case studies with the Trust board and supported them in putting together a clear and viable business case for expansion to either CDNL or to entice any new prospective owners of the club?

Or have you just made up a number, surely not.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38779 on: April 04, 2023, 08:57:08 am »

As the thread is pretty much based on guess work and speculation…..
If we increased the capacity by 100% I think the attendance would increase by around 50%, as long as we were doing OK on the pitch. The odd sell out for the Man Utd cup games. There’d be even more chance of this if it was a new ground.

Some statto will be able to pull out the sustained impact of moving from the county ground to Sixfields. My memories were of 1,000-2,500 crowds for a sizeable period of my early days, only rising during the Graham Carr era.

As to whether any of this would be financially viable is a different matter.

The town and surrounding area is big. I’d never call us a sleeping giant but the potential for something more is clearly there. We briefly saw this wake up in the play off 90’s but it appears to have nodded off again.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 [1939] 1940 1941 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: