The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:09:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 [1941] 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1844687 times)
Peter Frost

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #38800 on: April 04, 2023, 15:03:09 pm »

I'm still reading the thread but with a kind of bemused weariness ......

It seems the very essence of human nature gets missed in the discussions

Let's suppose Beds gets the East Stand finished and 2k worth of extra seats on both the North and South Stand via a new owner who has sufficiently deep pockets to make this happen - we achieve promotion, consolidate and start to challenge for a promotion position in the Championship......

With predictable certainty you can hear the same voices - "12,000 stadium - not enough to sustain us in the Championship", "with our catchment area we should be looking at a 20,000 capacity", "bloody owners, not really interesting in investing in the club, content to leave us stagnating in League 1"................................... 
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #38801 on: April 04, 2023, 15:28:50 pm »

I was only in Sydney for 11 days to attend a wedding..
Melbourne is as rough as ar5eholes, they've let the place for into wrack and ruin because they believe it's not worth spending money on the place, and this make Melly very happy that his council taxes aren't being wasted.

Clairvoyant as well? Shame, I was in Sydney too, you could have put me straight in person.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3574

« Reply #38802 on: April 04, 2023, 16:02:49 pm »

Clairvoyant as well? Shame, I was in Sydney too, you could have put me straight in person.
So much sh!t has been chatted that I don't believe a work the plasterer says  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #38803 on: April 04, 2023, 16:47:28 pm »

So much sh!t has been chatted that I don't believe a work the plasterer says  Evil
You don't think they were both in Sydney and at the same wedding then?
Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #38804 on: April 04, 2023, 16:50:27 pm »

I'm still reading the thread but with a kind of bemused weariness ......

It seems the very essence of human nature gets missed in the discussions

Let's suppose Beds gets the East Stand finished and 2k worth of extra seats on both the North and South Stand via a new owner who has sufficiently deep pockets to make this happen - we achieve promotion, consolidate and start to challenge for a promotion position in the Championship......

With predictable certainty you can hear the same voices - "12,000 stadium - not enough to sustain us in the Championship", "with our catchment area we should be looking at a 20,000 capacity", "bloody owners, not really interesting in investing in the club, content to leave us stagnating in League 1"................................... 
Better than jumping straight into a 50,000 all seater.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 16:54:19 pm by Worthless Recluse » Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
guest3574

« Reply #38805 on: April 04, 2023, 17:35:53 pm »

You don't think they were both in Sydney and at the same wedding then?
Note I said "plasterer"!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #38806 on: April 05, 2023, 07:18:36 am »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before and I have no idea about the feasibility but if possible and we did get promoted would it be worth moving our biggest 3/4 fixtures to Franklin’s Gardens?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #38807 on: April 05, 2023, 07:24:05 am »

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before and I have no idea about the feasibility but if possible and we did get promoted would it be worth moving our biggest 3/4 fixtures to Franklin’s Gardens?

I am led to believe that this is an idea that was floated some years ago. But it was ruled out due to the financial issues around it for us. I'd imagine it's better for us to have a full stadium, and actually be turning some away. But keeping all of the takings. Rather than having a couple of extra thousand on the gate, but only getting a small cut of the takings.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #38808 on: April 05, 2023, 07:51:43 am »

There used to be a tunnel from Upton in to St James but Bowers had it filled with methane to stop the council flooding it with loot.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #38809 on: April 05, 2023, 07:58:10 am »

From EFL
Each Club shall register its ground with The League and no Club shall remove to another
ground (whether on a temporary or a permanent basis) without first obtaining the written
consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld and the Board shall be
entitled, if granting consent, to impose such conditions as it deems appropriate in all the
circumstances
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38810 on: April 05, 2023, 10:51:42 am »

From EFL
Each Club shall register its ground with The League and no Club shall remove to another
ground (whether on a temporary or a permanent basis) without first obtaining the written
consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld and the Board shall be
entitled, if granting consent, to impose such conditions as it deems appropriate in all the
circumstances

More Bollox from the EFL.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38811 on: April 05, 2023, 12:56:01 pm »

We should have been ground sharing with the Saints years ago. Crazy to have stadia so close to one another and they won the race to the top.
Anyone would struggle to come up with counter arguments based on nearly 30 years of Sixfields history.
Realistically are the benefits and cost of running your own space ever going to come to fruition? 
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #38812 on: April 05, 2023, 15:29:59 pm »

We should have been ground sharing with the Saints years ago. Crazy to have stadia so close to one another and they won the race to the top.
Anyone would struggle to come up with counter arguments based on nearly 30 years of Sixfields history.
Realistically are the benefits and cost of running your own space ever going to come to fruition? 
Certainly not in L2, arguably break even L1, money starts to roll in the Championship.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #38813 on: April 05, 2023, 18:45:57 pm »

Stick a tier on the South Stand and all our troubles will disappear
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #38814 on: April 05, 2023, 20:55:15 pm »

I agree that we need a much bigger ground. Don't think many people would disagree with it. A quick glance at the average attendances in league1 shows that there are 13 clubs currently averaging crowds higher than what our actual capacity is! https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-one/attendances

I think the difference though is that once you are lumbered with a 'tiny ground' its very difficult to actually do anything about it unless you are prepared to throw in millions. There are very very few clubs which have significantly increased their stadia's capacity's, in most cases they have moved to a bigger ground. That has worked for many clubs, also it has been a burden for others. I reckon it would work for us but how's do you go about it?

I see no point in significantly expanding Sixfields. If it was up to me, Id sell the bloody gaff and move to somewhere else into a brand new 15-20k capacity stadium. Of course that is pure fantasy, I aint stupid! I've said before. Whilst there is land on the table, we will forever be dragged along with it. So the best course of action would be for the current custodians to do the deal they have on the table and either sort the stand out or sell us on to someone who will. Either way, I aint bothered. 10k, 12k capacity will make virtually zero difference. For us to shoot up to the size of club that you aspire us to be, we need a minimum of 15-20k capacity. With very decent facilities. And a playing budget 3 times the size of what it is. I don't expect KT and DB to give us that, indeed I don't expect anyone too. We need about 30million quid spent on us basically. With no realistic hope of an ROI!  Smiley

Generally agree with a lot of that except your assumption that all the land belongs solely to cdnl/thomas and co therefore NTFC have no rights to any profits resulting from any land sales, this is of course not true, Northampton's football club is very entitled to its share, but is likely to get shafted hard when all is divided up.

If the supporters were to rally the council in support of ntfc in the face of cdnl's awful plans, NTFC would be given enough to finish West stand and expand south stand by 3000..
The reason we're not getting a decent stadium is because our clubs fans inexplicably don't want it.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #38815 on: April 05, 2023, 21:26:31 pm »

Generally agree with a lot of that except your assumption that all the land belongs solely to cdnl/thomas and co therefore NTFC have no rights to any profits resulting from any land sales, this is of course not true, Northampton's football club is very entitled to its share, but is likely to get shafted hard when all is divided up.

If the supporters were to rally the council in support of ntfc in the face of cdnl's awful plans, NTFC would be given enough to finish West stand and expand south stand by 3000..
The reason we're not getting a decent stadium is because our clubs fans inexplicably don't want it.

I can't speak for Drilling but most people would assume that the land belongs solely to whoever buys it from the council. Be that CDNL, Cildara or yourself, if your pockets are as large as your mouth/keyboard!

The supporters would love a decent stadium and I'm sure they would rally round a figurehead, so come on Oh Great One! Lead us to the promised land. Less words, more action.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #38816 on: April 06, 2023, 05:27:18 am »

I can't speak for Drilling but most people would assume that the land belongs solely to whoever buys it from the council. Be that CDNL, Cildara or yourself, if your pockets are as large as your mouth/keyboard!

The supporters would love a decent stadium and I'm sure they would rally round a figurehead, so come on Oh Great One! Lead us to the promised land. Less words, more action.

A pretty dream, but the reality is Northampton's football club is "entitled" to nothing in all this. Yes, of course we'd like a share of the proceeds, but that is not within our gift.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3571

« Reply #38817 on: April 06, 2023, 07:24:34 am »

Northampton Town Football club (as much as we would all like it to be different) have absolutely zero entitlement to the land or any associated profits, none. The only way NTFC get a penny is if CDNL, the Trust or a rich and generous fan are able to buy the land. Cilldara will not give us a penny and as much as I would love for the council to give the club a share of the profits they wont. That ship was well and truly shat upon by our previous chairman and his 'mates'.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #38818 on: April 06, 2023, 08:10:11 am »

That land belongs to whoever buys it. A concept that appears to have bypassed you and those on the former Trust board. If the person/s who buys it, including KT and DB, choose to put some of the money back into the club. Then that's just a decent gesture. There shouldn't be anymore expectation to do so. 
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #38819 on: April 06, 2023, 09:32:51 am »

If there is so much profit in the land why do the Council not develop it themselves for the taxpayers benefit............oh no they cock up everything they touch!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 [1941] 1942 1943 1944 1945 1946 1947 1948 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: