The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:43:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820595 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #39180 on: May 31, 2023, 19:17:16 pm »

.....well even aside the fact your figures are both wrong and speculative the reality is they actually don't have that land yet secured so you expect an investment before the JR outcome?

.....but I do agree if the deal does go ahead and no significant infrastructure improvements go ahead then yes both we the fans and the good people of Northampton have been royally shafted.
Seriously Peter, I can see no other outcome, than your second paragraph hypothesis.
I judge people on their actions not on endless spin and promises of jam tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #39181 on: May 31, 2023, 20:38:09 pm »

Seriously Peter, I can see no other outcome, than your second paragraph hypothesis.
I judge people on their actions not on endless spin and promises of jam tomorrow.

I honestly don’t know and agree it’s gone on far too long - however would you, in their position make significant investment before you had some of the profit assured? - rhetorical question really because no business person with an iota of sense, within or totally outside football would make a blind investment.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #39182 on: May 31, 2023, 21:37:08 pm »

I honestly don’t know and agree it’s gone on far too long - however would you, in their position make significant investment before you had some of the profit assured? - rhetorical question really because no business person with an iota of sense, within or totally outside football would make a blind investment.
I thought they had though Pete? How much are they in for now, 8 million? Bear in mind they back the manager, deliver promotion and still endure the rhetoric some peddle on here without any credit whatsoever. If the owners end up with the land then the council need to deliver and make sure an acceptable proportion is set aside for the club. Just as they have committed to and the owners have reiterated.
Unfortunately there is a spanner in the works with the Cilldara legal action. Perhaps if they hadn’t had a certain level of encouragement, the Council could have delivered on that commitment? Just depends which way you want to point the finger?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #39183 on: June 01, 2023, 06:26:34 am »

They have no right to mothball our club, an important part of Northampton community,  for 8 years they held back ntfc in the hope they get a vast pay off..
Remember they only got to take over the club because they said they would finish the East stand 7 years ago and didn't,  so these owners have cost our club millions in lost revenues and any Hope of climbing the football league.
The east stand was due for completion 7 years ago and the urgent capacity increase 5 years ago.. so far nothing, and no mention of expanding the ground to be able to trade in L1!
Stop being an apologist for these awful time wasters.
The sooner they have gone the quicker our club will recover, we all need to hope wnc don't give all the future enabling land to this lot or our recovery might not happen in most our life times!
Wake up.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #39184 on: June 01, 2023, 06:55:58 am »

They have no right to mothball our club, an important part of Northampton community,  for 8 years they held back ntfc in the hope they get a vast pay off..
Remember they only got to take over the club because they said they would finish the East stand 7 years ago and didn't,  so these owners have cost our club millions in lost revenues and any Hope of climbing the football league.
The east stand was due for completion 7 years ago and the urgent capacity increase 5 years ago.. so far nothing, and no mention of expanding the ground to be able to trade in L1!
Stop being an apologist for these awful time wasters.
The sooner they have gone the quicker our club will recover, we all need to hope wnc don't give all the future enabling land to this lot or our recovery might not happen in most our life times!
Wake up.

It's strange who you call an "apologist". You have endured this situation for 8 years. Yet the extent of your resistance to the situation stretches no further than repeating the same rhetoric on various social media platforms. You, like most negative individuals, have not moved your agenda any further than copious amounts of negative posts. In fact, even those who suggest that they are active in trying to address the situation, have done no more than run petty and minor interference. Their efforts extending no further than whinging and bleating on forums or websites that attract little to no attention. Or failing in their ridiculously naive  and amateur attempts to engage financial interest in their fanciful agenda. 

This higher mantle that you and a few others have afforded yourself, is hardly indicative of an active campaign to solve anything. In fact, the lack of tact, diplomacy and negotiating skills demonstrated by you and your ilk, has done nothing more than to fan the flames and create a toxic energy within elements of the support. I have far more respect for those that have challenged decisions and posed questions in a constructive manner. I doubt your activism will extend to rearing you head at the soon to be open forum. I'm sure you will be at home, tucked away, whilst the "apologist" attend and present their points in person.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3587

« Reply #39185 on: June 01, 2023, 07:18:28 am »

Eloquently put Mr Hamster 👍
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #39186 on: June 01, 2023, 10:58:10 am »

It's strange who you call an "apologist". You have endured this situation for 8 years. Yet the extent of your resistance to the situation stretches no further than repeating the same rhetoric on various social media platforms. You, like most negative individuals, have not moved your agenda any further than copious amounts of negative posts. In fact, even those who suggest that they are active in trying to address the situation, have done no more than run petty and minor interference. Their efforts extending no further than whinging and bleating on forums or websites that attract little to no attention. Or failing in their ridiculously naive  and amateur attempts to engage financial interest in their fanciful agenda. 

This higher mantle that you and a few others have afforded yourself, is hardly indicative of an active campaign to solve anything. In fact, the lack of tact, diplomacy and negotiating skills demonstrated by you and your ilk, has done nothing more than to fan the flames and create a toxic energy within elements of the support. I have far more respect for those that have challenged decisions and posed questions in a constructive manner. I doubt your activism will extend to rearing you head at the soon to be open forum. I'm sure you will be at home, tucked away, whilst the "apologist" attend and present their points in person.
So let's go through some of this, by your reckoning anyone wanting the best for NTFC and its future trading abilities is showing 'negatively ' You need to explain that one 😉
You suggest diplomacy and negotiation skills to try and stop those getting increasingly desperate getting all the 23 acres of land to do as the wish, with, it seems the blessing of the WNC leaders? How is that going to work? How is that going to benefit NTFC and its immediate future after these owners cash in and get gone?

Only a united stance from the supporters of our club, agreed in a common sense  approach to gaining a fair share for Northampton and its football club from these 23 acres, £20,000,000 worth of land, much of it forming part of the Sixfields footprint, that will be lost to our club forever.

Just for the record £20,000,000 in £50 pound notes  would fill 10 very large suitcases, do you think its only fair for the cobblers to expect just 2 of those suitcases, enough to finish the East and expand the capacity of the south stand  south by 3000? Of course we all would.
The other 8 suitcases can be loaded into the back of the cdnl/ wnc trucks, maybe Peter and co would like to assist with the loading?

Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #39187 on: June 01, 2023, 11:21:54 am »

Someone has been watching ‘The Gold’  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shwarmee

View Profile
50 Posts Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #39188 on: June 01, 2023, 11:33:06 am »

So let's go through some of this, by your reckoning anyone wanting the best for NTFC and its future trading abilities is showing 'negatively ' You need to explain that one 😉
You suggest diplomacy and negotiation skills to try and stop those getting increasingly desperate getting all the 23 acres of land to do as the wish, with, it seems the blessing of the WNC leaders? How is that going to work? How is that going to benefit NTFC and its immediate future after these owners cash in and get gone?

Only a united stance from the supporters of our club, agreed in a common sense  approach to gaining a fair share for Northampton and its football club from these 23 acres, £20,000,000 worth of land, much of it forming part of the Sixfields footprint, that will be lost to our club forever.

Just for the record £20,000,000 in £50 pound notes  would fill 10 very large suitcases, do you think its only fair for the cobblers to expect just 2 of those suitcases, enough to finish the East and expand the capacity of the south stand  south by 3000? Of course we all would.
The other 8 suitcases can be loaded into the back of the cdnl/ wnc trucks, maybe Peter and co would like to assist with the loading?

Are you part of the left wing modern day Facsist  party?

“Listen to my view, adopt my view, act on my view or I will label you as the devil”
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #39189 on: June 01, 2023, 13:18:31 pm »

Are you part of the left wing modern day Facsist  party?

“Listen to my view, adopt my view, act on my view or I will label you as the devil”
What's is your view then? Maybe it's better than mine and will help our football club gain the right amount of redevelopment quicker and better?
I'm willing to go for whatever is best for our club.. Which CDNL/WNCs unholy alliance is not what ntfc will ever need.

Nunn and Patel need stopping in their tracks, the ignorance shown by these towards Northampton and its football club's urgent redevelopment requirements is shocking.
They have no belief in ntfc ever being more than a bottom feeding Division 4 club playing in an non league ground.
This is where we find ourselves at this dangerous cross roads in our clubs history.
Is it too late for ntfc to gain the much needed finished stand and a 3000 capacity increase ? Probably.
Report Spam   Logged
Shwarmee

View Profile
50 Posts Topic Starter Level 2
« Reply #39190 on: June 01, 2023, 13:33:19 pm »

What's is your view then? Maybe it's better than mine and will help our football club gain the right amount of redevelopment quicker and better?
I'm willing to go for whatever is best for our club.. Which CDNL/WNCs unholy alliance is not what ntfc will ever need.

Nunn and Patel need stopping in their tracks, the ignorance shown by these towards Northampton and its football club's urgent redevelopment requirements is shocking.
They have no belief in ntfc ever being more than a bottom feeding Division 4 club playing in an non league ground.
This is where we find ourselves at this dangerous cross roads in our clubs history.
Is it too late for ntfc to gain the much needed finished stand and a 3000 capacity increase ? Probably.

You just answered my question by not answering my question.
My view is that the clubs owners, will complete the stand as promised once this horrendous legal mess is completed .
That what they promised….
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39191 on: June 01, 2023, 13:56:07 pm »

Unfortunately your undying loyalty to blind alley tactics has once again clouded your response. In no way do I advocate sitting on your hands. Neither do I suggest that you should back off. I merely suggest that the lack of an intelligent approach and the blunt instrument tactics that you and a few others adopt, has only served to muddy the waters and alienate the very support base that you would need to bolster support for your point. Personally I couldn't care less if our current owners get the land they want. Somebody will get it anyway. And as much as you can cast aspersions on what our owners might do with the proceeds. You can be absolutely sure that if somebody else gets it, we won't even have dog in the bloody fight. So rather than alienating our only chance at getting anything. Surely it would make sense to fight, to ensure that the few assurances that have been muted, actually come to fruition. Then at least we have a base to work from. If not; they can take the money, leave, and you and the Trust can bring in the plethora of potential owners that you tell us are waiting in the wings.   
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #39192 on: June 01, 2023, 21:36:31 pm »

Unfortunately your undying loyalty to blind alley tactics has once again clouded your response. In no way do I advocate sitting on your hands. Neither do I suggest that you should back off. I merely suggest that the lack of an intelligent approach and the blunt instrument tactics that you and a few others adopt, has only served to muddy the waters and alienate the very support base that you would need to bolster support for your point. Personally I couldn't care less if our current owners get the land they want. Somebody will get it anyway. And as much as you can cast aspersions on what our owners might do with the proceeds. You can be absolutely sure that if somebody else gets it, we won't even have dog in the bloody fight. So rather than alienating our only chance at getting anything. Surely it would make sense to fight, to ensure that the few assurances that have been muted, actually come to fruition. Then at least we have a base to work from. If not; they can take the money, leave, and you and the Trust can bring in the plethora of potential owners that you tell us are waiting in the wings.   
Contradiction Contradiction after Contradiction ..
You have said it on many occasions we should just sit on our hands, we should back off and bend over letting cdnl have a walk over with the head councillors blessings as they believe this 5hit awful scenario taking shape is somehow in the best interests of Northampton's football club..
We all know it's a 5hite deal that needs kicking in the long grass..
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39193 on: June 02, 2023, 12:33:29 pm »

Contradiction Contradiction after Contradiction ..
You have said it on many occasions we should just sit on our hands, we should back off and bend over letting cdnl have a walk over with the head councillors blessings as they believe this 5hit awful scenario taking shape is somehow in the best interests of Northampton's football club..
We all know it's a 5hite deal that needs kicking in the long grass..
I can confidently predict that I taken a much more proactive roll than you have. I have asked the difficult questions in the appropriate ways and in the correct settings. Fortunately for you, you have the luxury of being able to evidence your comment "You have said it on many occasions we should just sit on our hands, we should back off and bend over letting cdnl have a walk over with the head councillors blessings as they believe this 5hit awful scenario taking shape is somehow in the best interests of Northampton's football club". I look forward to you doing that.

In the meantime, the more balanced individuals will continue to work towards achieving an accord that is agreeable to all. Whilst you and the attention thirsty crew. continue posting fixated, jealous bile.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39194 on: June 02, 2023, 13:00:23 pm »

For £20m worth of land for £800k (wnc what we're you thinking? you would at least expect a 3000 capacity increase and a finished East stand.
With all due respect, our owners are greedy to the bone, and you know it.
You’re having a laugh. Even if you are right and it’s 20 million, by the end of next season they’ll be in for around 10 million. By the time they’ve spent 3 mill on the stand that’s a 7 million return on a 13 million investment with all the risk of Cilldara and no light at the end of tunnel? That’s bullshít, they’re nowhere near greedy enough, no one in their right mind would buy into that chaos at that ratio. If I’d invested along with them Id be kicking their arsé to the bottom of Walter Tull Way. If you were in their shoes right now you’d be dumping into your pants like a cement truck on crack. Luckily tippy tapping on your keyboard on social media usually costs fùck all, so you haven’t got a clue. You talk some right old shít you do.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #39195 on: June 02, 2023, 15:41:15 pm »

You’re having a laugh. Even if you are right and it’s 20 million, by the end of next season they’ll be in for around 10 million. By the time they’ve spent 3 mill on the stand that’s a 7 million return on a 13 million investment with all the risk of Cilldara and no light at the end of tunnel? That’s bullshít, they’re nowhere near greedy enough, no one in their right mind would buy into that chaos at that ratio. If I’d invested along with them Id be kicking their arsé to the bottom of Walter Tull Way. If you were in their shoes right now you’d be dumping into your pants like a cement truck on crack. Luckily tippy tapping on your keyboard on social media usually costs fùck all, so you haven’t got a clue. You talk some right old shít you do.
You missed the Chinese money that they kept, otherwise they’d have cut their losses a long time ago FACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #39196 on: June 02, 2023, 19:04:40 pm »

Not doing as  suggesting in order to take over our club has cost millions in lost revenues, which in turn failed to attract a new generation of support to a more professional football club.  How much has our football club suffered under these time wasters. 
They are owed nothing from ntfc.
Just because you can't or won't see it, there's a lot who are waking up to this awful situation facing our club and its future.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3600

« Reply #39197 on: June 02, 2023, 19:53:28 pm »

I like to experience decay so I visit Kenilworth Road, Sixpence and nasty places.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39198 on: June 02, 2023, 20:26:09 pm »

You missed the Chinese money that they kept, otherwise they’d have cut their losses a long time ago FACT.
it’s a fact is it? Genuine question, can you explain to me the legal vehicle that allows you to keep the money you received for something you sold that you subsequently kept?
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39199 on: June 02, 2023, 20:39:59 pm »

Not doing as  suggesting in order to take over our club has cost millions in lost revenues, which in turn failed to attract a new generation of support to a more professional football club.  How much has our football club suffered under these time wasters. 
They are owed nothing from ntfc.
Just because you can't or won't see it, there's a lot who are waking up to this awful situation facing our club and its future.
Either way, crap owners or not, they will still have put 13 million into a shít show to get 20 million (according to you). I’m telling you right now, there’s not a warrior on here who would put that kind of bunce in, in that time frame, under those circumstances as an investment. They might be mental, but they ain’t greedy. The only person who would talk like that is someone who’s never had a pot to píss in, and with that mind set they never will.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 [1960] 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: