The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:49:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1823291 times)
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #3940 on: August 31, 2014, 21:07:27 pm »

I don't pretend to be an expert

Don't worry someone else will.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
Whitedogdo

« Reply #3941 on: August 31, 2014, 21:11:24 pm »

Did Dave tell you to type that?.....

Yes... He's just here now making some nice cocoa.
Report Spam   Logged
Alwaysdark

Isn't it good to be lost in the wood?

View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: August 31, 2014, 21:16:31 pm »

What's this got to do with Foxes, wolves and owls?

Yes, you tell him. It is vital that we have some sort of pigeon deterrent in the east stand once it is finished unless of course pigeons have become extinct by then.
Report Spam   Logged

In the sad town
cold iron hands clap
the party of clowns outside.
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: August 31, 2014, 21:22:41 pm »

Are you sure about that from what I can see and I don't pretend to be an expert the only concrete removed was the vertical slabs at the back of the stand.

if you look at the pictures of the old east stand there were a couple of rows of seats above the 2 tunnel entrances they have in the stand. The old structure that remains now just goes to the top of those tunnel entrances
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3944 on: September 01, 2014, 09:35:38 am »

In the absence of any communication at all from NTFC does anyone know when:
1) new seats will go in to the west and south stands
2) we will get a working scoreboard
Some honest information with realistic timescales from the club would be ever so nice ...
Report Spam   Logged
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #3945 on: September 01, 2014, 10:07:26 am »

Some honest information with realistic timescales from the club would be ever so nice ...

1. New seats in the remaining stands over the next 3 weeks.
2. 6 months.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #3946 on: September 01, 2014, 10:27:55 am »

What's this got to do with Foxes, wolves and owls?
Quite right sir....back to the serious stuff
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3947 on: September 01, 2014, 11:39:37 am »

Quite right sir....back to the serious stuff

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #3948 on: September 03, 2014, 15:52:36 pm »

Just seen on Twitter that the revised East Stand plans show a capacity of 2064, including disabled + helpers, stating an existing capacity of 1642, excluding 50 disabled + helpers. This means an increase of just 372 which means an overall capacity of just over 8000. I haven't tried to find the planning application but if that is the case then it is some way short of DC's publicly stated "around 9000" at the last Q&A session. Maybe that is why we haven't had any update since. I hope this is wrong. We were originally expecting a 10,000 capacity so to get to just 8000 is very disappointing for £12million. Yes we will have fantastic new facilities, hospitality etc etc but less than an additional 400 seats is poor.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #3949 on: September 03, 2014, 16:01:42 pm »

Does that new capacity include the capacity of the boxes? From the pictures I've seen (now showing the steelwork up along the whole length of the east) it would appear to show a full row of boxes along the top of what was the old size of the stand. Looks like there are very few, if any, additional seats for 'regular' supporters......the finished article will reveal all I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #3950 on: September 03, 2014, 16:04:41 pm »

Yes, it did state it including 100 seats in front of the boxes, so only an additional 272 normal seats then. When you look at the structure there seems very little space for extra rows so I'm suspecting this is correct.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: September 03, 2014, 16:07:17 pm »

Hardly breaking news is it? We've known it's an utter rip-off from the moment Baldrick made the initial change to his cunning plan.

Or is the penny still dropping for some of you?
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: September 03, 2014, 16:28:44 pm »

I don't know what's the matter with you lot on here. You're supposed to be SUPPORTERS, it's what goes on on the pitch that is your concern.

The club belongs to Cardoza and the loan is in his name and it is he who is liable for the repayments. What he does with his money that he has loaned is up to him, he's not "ripping you off", he owes you NOTHING! None of you would accept an outsider telling you how to spend your money yet you think you have the right to tell him how to spend his. Well you don't.

Just watch the football league show. All you see is rows and rows of empty seats. It's depressing. I'd much rather be in a small atmospheric stadium than sit in one vast empty bowl. If ever we get a full house, be it 8,000 or 9,000, Sixfields will be rocking. If you prefer a big stadium with hundreds of seats to choose from, I suggest you head off to Milton Keynes.

See, now I'm telling you how to spend your money. You going to do as I say?
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #3953 on: September 03, 2014, 16:28:57 pm »

From the pictures I've seen (now showing the steelwork up along the whole length of the east)
It's up to the tunnel in the away overflow so around just under 1/3 to go.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #3954 on: September 03, 2014, 16:37:35 pm »

I'm sure many of you will be happy to hear that the "box on stilts" at the front of the West Stand is no longer happening

Its all back into the East ......... as per plan A
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: September 03, 2014, 16:39:21 pm »

The club belongs to Cardoza and the loan is in his name and it is he who is liable for the repayments. What he does with his money that he has loaned is up to him, he's not "ripping you off", he owes you NOTHING! None of you would accept an outsider telling you how to spend your money yet you think you have the right to tell him how to spend his. Well you don't.

That's like saying you've bought a seat for a game and what you do with that seat is no one else's business but your own because you've paid for it - you can stand on it, paint it blue or rip it out and whether that bothers anyone else is not their concern!

Cardoza is no more a custodian of the football club than you are of your seat when you watch the next game.

It's our club not his.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: September 03, 2014, 16:42:38 pm »

I'm sure many of you will be happy to hear that the "box on stilts" at the front of the West Stand is no longer happening

Its all back into the East ......... as per plan A

Considering the excuse for downgrading the East Stand's original plans was to accommodate that very construction in the West then no I'm not happy. I'm also not one little bit surprised unfortunately.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: September 03, 2014, 16:46:52 pm »

That's like saying you've bought a seat for a game and what you do with that seat is no one else's business but your own because you've paid for it - you can stand on it, paint it blue or rip it out and whether that bothers anyone else is not their concern!

Cardoza is no more a custodian of the football club than you are of your seat when you watch the next game.

It's our club not his.

Is that right. So you don't think if he wanted to (and why on earth should he) he couldn't shut the club down?

We shop at Sainsburys but it doesn't belong to us, we're customers. If I was unhappy with Sainsburys I'd go to Asda, I wouldn't keep sobbing about how Sainsburys was ripping me off.
Report Spam   Logged

cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: September 03, 2014, 16:48:17 pm »

Fucking hell, I've just found out the East Stand is NOT going to be as big as we thought! Were we promised, or did DC say it with his fingers crossed behind his back?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #3959 on: September 03, 2014, 16:48:32 pm »

Just a case of wait and see...as it always has been.

These plans being shown on the council website don't seem to add up. Lets face it. The new stand is structurally about the same size as the West stand so effectively to house a few boxes is at the detriment of almost 2000 seats. That just doesn't seem right does it?

I suppose its 'fun' to try and work it out, but I've been bored with it for so long Im kind of enjoying seeing it being built, albeit slowly  Grin

It will only effect us if we get to the championship in any case, or arguably the very top end of league1. By which point, there will be forceable arguments to add to the capacity behind both goals and maybe even the corners.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: