The Hotel End
July 18, 2024, 22:44:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 [2250] 2251 2252 2253 2254   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1895907 times)
TVOR

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #44980 on: July 01, 2024, 12:16:50 pm »

Grin After these past 20 years of Cobblers being mothballed and used soley for a land acquiring facility,
I still await the day someone will kindly point out my erroneous post for me to make amendments.

I can wait.

Bit of a tangent but picking up on 20 years of mothballing I was curious how the teams we played 20 years ago have faired. Purely subjected but....
 04/05 Season
Better - 5
Swansea, Lincoln, Wycombe, Oxford, Shrewsbury. Swansea aside all similar to us though. Some have had time in Non League, some have been in Champs but all I would say better than us overall.

Worse - 14
Yeovil, Sc***horpe, Southend, Macclesfield, Orient, Mansfield, Boston, Grimsby, Notts County, Chester, Diamonds. Some has better periods such as Sc***horpe and Southend but look were they are now. Also about half have either disappeared, essentially disappeared or soon to disappear

About the Same - 4
Rochdale, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham, Cambridge/
Report Spam   Logged
guest3684

« Reply #44981 on: July 01, 2024, 12:21:20 pm »

Leeds, Cardiff, Leicester, Huddersfield, Rotherham?
Report Spam   Logged
TVOR

View Profile
« Reply #44982 on: July 01, 2024, 12:29:51 pm »

Leeds, Cardiff, Leicester, Huddersfield, Rotherham?
04/05 season
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44983 on: July 01, 2024, 12:31:12 pm »

Grin After these past 20 years of Cobblers being mothballed and used soley for a land acquiring facility,
I still await the day someone will kindly point out my erroneous post for me to make amendments.

I can wait.

I wouldn't say your posts are erroneous. But they are repetitive and not original Dave. See... I don't think you will come across many people who would disagree with you in principle. Myself included. I rarely meet anyone that doubts that the attraction to the club since it's move to Sixfields, has predominantly been the land. Nor do I meet many people who would argue with the benefits of expansion. Or indeed anybody that thinks that we could, with significant investment, enjoy larger crowds, and greater success. Surely we all think that. Where you differ from most, is in two areas. Firstly your undying and persistent need to repeat the same facts, even though we all agree with the basic premise of what you are saying. And secondly, the sheer naivety of your figures and almost primary school grasp of the mechanism of corporate behaviour.  
Report Spam   Logged
TVOR

View Profile
« Reply #44984 on: July 01, 2024, 12:53:30 pm »

Regarding the land... couldn't anyone in theory buy it. Hence the bids from Cildara and the Trust with their multiple partners. Therefore why would any land developer buy the football club to buy the land?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #44985 on: July 01, 2024, 14:08:48 pm »

And why hasnít there been a big queue of developers all fighting over the plot in these times?

Personally if Iíd brought the land, once Iíd gotten planning permission  to firm up the value Iíd sell it and let someone else have the remediation headache apart from the plot up top thatís currently car parking as thatíd be easier to do. Thatíd be my hotel with views towards the delights of the valley and Briar Hill, associated leisure options on the doorstep and good transportation links.
Or put a hotel at the bottom of the West Stand Car Park on the large grassed area, plenty of room.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44986 on: July 01, 2024, 23:48:58 pm »

I wouldn't say your posts are erroneous. But they are repetitive and not original Dave. See... I don't think you will come across many people who would disagree with you in principle. Myself included. I rarely meet anyone that doubts that the attraction to the club since it's move to Sixfields, has predominantly been the land. Nor do I meet many people who would argue with the benefits of expansion. Or indeed anybody that thinks that we could, with significant investment, enjoy larger crowds, and greater success. Surely we all think that. Where you differ from most, is in two areas. Firstly your undying and persistent need to repeat the same facts, even though we all agree with the basic premise of what you are saying. And secondly, the sheer naivety of your figures and almost primary school grasp of the mechanism of corporate behaviour.  
Appalling post, an insult to primary children everywhere.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44987 on: July 02, 2024, 09:22:30 am »

Appalling post, an insult to primary children everywhere.

😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #44988 on: July 02, 2024, 10:33:52 am »

Take a read.  Even Jakeís having a bite

https://x.com/jakesharpebbc/status/1807769956773175741?s=46&t=u7Y-71UW8bj6jSt3EiAOKA
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
TVOR

View Profile
« Reply #44989 on: July 02, 2024, 10:55:05 am »

Jake is a fan making a similar observation as others. If he had put BREAKING NEWS all over it or linked to an article then I would get the comment.
Surely people are allowed to Tweet from their personal accounts without being accused of representing the company or organisation they belong to  Cool

Especially liked the message he sent about not be interested in something he felt compelled to comment on 4-5 times! Closely followed by Keith saying there hadn't been any interviews to then being told about 2 interviews.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #44990 on: July 02, 2024, 15:42:15 pm »

Jake is a fan making a similar observation as others. If he had put BREAKING NEWS all over it or linked to an article then I would get the comment.
Surely people are allowed to Tweet from their personal accounts without being accused of representing the company or organisation they belong to  Cool

Especially liked the message he sent about not be interested in something he felt compelled to comment on 4-5 times! Closely followed by Keith saying there hadn't been any interviews to then being told about 2 interviews.

The Cilldara/Trust Legal Advisor has had it in for him since Jake exposed his relationship with Cilldara live on air.  For some reason he didn't appreciate Jakes "proper" journalism when it worked against him.   Grin Grin

As for Keith he's not one to strive too hard to find out info is he!  Throws a Tweet loaded with sarcasm out into the social media ether two weeks ago expecting Tom or the club to reply then moans when they don't!  What was it they always repeated when we asked questions of the Trust board.  They aren't full time employees, email them, attend a board meeting or if you are still not happy join the board.

Let's face it, as shown with Jakes reply re the interviews, information is out there and more can be obtained through the right channels if you can be bothered.  Almost makes you wonder why so little effort is made.  I guess if the answers don't suit your agenda you probably don't work too hard to get them.

Easier to wallow in your own echo chamber of misery and negativity with the other few sad, old white men that share your view.
Report Spam   Logged
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
« Reply #44991 on: July 02, 2024, 16:47:50 pm »

The Cilldara/Trust Legal Advisor has had it in for him since Jake exposed his relationship with Cilldara live on air.  For some reason he didn't appreciate Jakes "proper" journalism when it worked against him.   Grin Grin

As for Keith he's not one to strive too hard to find out info is he!  Throws a Tweet loaded with sarcasm out into the social media ether two weeks ago expecting Tom or the club to reply then moans when they don't!  What was it they always repeated when we asked questions of the Trust board.  They aren't full time employees, email them, attend a board meeting or if you are still not happy join the board.

Let's face it, as shown with Jakes reply re the interviews, information is out there and more can be obtained through the right channels if you can be bothered.  Almost makes you wonder why so little effort is made.  I guess if the answers don't suit your agenda you probably don't work too hard to get them.

Easier to wallow in your own echo chamber of misery and negativity with the other few sad, old white men that share your view.
Funny that, according to said Legal Advisor the HE is also an echo chamber (for happy clappers) and without him saying it, I'm sure most on here are also of a certain age, male and white.

Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
guest3684

« Reply #44992 on: July 02, 2024, 16:58:35 pm »

Irrelevant and bitter
Report Spam   Logged
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
« Reply #44993 on: July 02, 2024, 17:06:47 pm »

Irrelevant and bitter
We could do with some more birds though.
Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
MCHammer

View Profile
« Reply #44994 on: July 02, 2024, 17:37:16 pm »

Funny that, according to said Legal Advisor the HE is also an echo chamber (for happy clappers) and without him saying it, I'm sure most on here are also of a certain age, male and white.

I've never heard anyone describe this forum as an echo chamber for happy clappers!   Grin Grin  It would be bl00dy boring if it was wouldn't it.  I guess if you spend that much time surrounded by negativity everyone else that doesn't share in that misery is going to feel like happy clappers to you.

Maybe he should spend more time on this board during the meltdown next time we lose a match or when the inevitable "Brady Out" thread makes a reappearance.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #44995 on: July 02, 2024, 20:05:48 pm »

To be fair there are some right fcuking weirdos on the HE.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3684

« Reply #44996 on: July 02, 2024, 20:13:22 pm »

To be fair there are some right fcuking weirdos on the HE.
Never a truer word 😉
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #44997 on: July 02, 2024, 20:52:56 pm »

TBF given the performance of that said opinion regarding these issues, I donít think youíll find many putting much store in it mate. I admire your optimism though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44998 on: July 03, 2024, 06:28:59 am »

TBF given the performance of that said opinion regarding these issues, I donít think youíll find many putting much store in it mate. I admire your optimism though.

Come on now... That's not fair. Losing the ACV, Goodwill and Cildara is all KT's fault, didn't you know. 😂😂

I reckon I'd be chatting to KT's advisor if I wanted something 😁
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
« Reply #44999 on: July 03, 2024, 06:41:58 am »

The Hotel End an echo chamber accusation coming from that cohort? - their lack of self awareness of the characteristics of their own (with very limited contribution) chatter group is astounding.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 2243 2244 2245 2246 2247 2248 2249 [2250] 2251 2252 2253 2254   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: