The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 08:46:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845809 times)
cricketside

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #6420 on: October 28, 2014, 15:46:32 pm »

So, jolly, the whole bit was nothing to do with redevelopment after all? Why am I not surprised?

You have no interest in an improved stadium because you're never likely to visit the bloody thing.

And if you don't get an improved stadium you'll never go again? Right?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
John

View Profile
« Reply #6421 on: October 28, 2014, 15:49:36 pm »

You've all got this wrong. There is only one thing that is going to increase attendances and that is an attractive, successful side on the pitch. Until then you can build whatever stadium you like, with as high a capacity as you like, with award winning food and drink, an entertaining announcer, ample free parking and cushioned seats, it still won't make any difference.
Report Spam   Logged

Parklands Cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6422 on: October 28, 2014, 15:58:22 pm »

Spot on again Marvo
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #6423 on: October 28, 2014, 16:02:22 pm »

You've all got this wrong. There is only one thing that is going to increase attendances and that is an attractive, successful side on the pitch. Until then you can build whatever stadium you like, with as high a capacity as you like, with award winning food and drink, an entertaining announcer, ample free parking and cushioned seats, it still won't make any difference.
No s*** Sherlock  Grin

But perchance this decent winning side becomes a reality, which it very nearly did until the wheels, hamstrings, ankles, backs and knees all fell off!

Then what?
10 year cycle...
 Several years of struggle, promotion, instant relegation, several years of struggle
Repeat..
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #6424 on: October 28, 2014, 16:02:38 pm »

John, I'm afraid you are wasting your time on this one - so immersed in their "we know better", self pity, "life isn't fair", DC has mis spent, mismanaged (or worse) "our" money, world - a simple truism like that will be met with a chorus of insults on how unambitious you are etc etc etc......

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #6425 on: October 28, 2014, 16:08:25 pm »

Not that subtle. So who exactly is 'acting like'?

You and your cohorts who so frequently express your disappointment - here are some words from a child psychologist that might better explain -

How spoiled children behave when they become adults

A spoiled child keeps crying until his caregiver brings him what he wants. When that spoiled child become an adult he will cry for help too but not in tears, for example he might start blaming his friends, environment or external factors.

By crying for help that way the spoiled adult expects someone to respond and to bring him what he wants.

A spoiled child expects the whole world to respond to his demand whenever he complains (or cries) but since he discovers the opposite when he becomes an adult he ends up feeling very disappointed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #6426 on: October 28, 2014, 16:23:38 pm »

I made the statement about the Hotel because Marquis was being criticized for lauding the experience of an old ground like Lutons.

...no Jolly, he was criticized for "liking the ground" which seemed a bit bizarre given his constant carping on how terrible Sixfields is and indeed will be.

I like Kennelworth Rd. Decent capacity, tight and close to the action and right in the town center.

........he was not in that post lauding the experience of old grounds which are completely different things (and one I would certainly agree with)
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #6427 on: October 28, 2014, 16:24:55 pm »

Marvo, sorry mate you are only half right

Of course successful football brings in the fans but it will only do so for a short while

What was the average attendance in the fourth division at the CG v Sixfields?

So Swansea in this day and age would be where they are today if they were still at the Vetch?

Remember u might not be bothered but those who don't care so much about the Cobblers are actually more bothered

Plus a successful and well run club off the pitch can only help on it

We have been diabolical off the pitch for the last 6 years, which has more or less been measured on the pitch

surely u can acknowledge that?Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #6428 on: October 28, 2014, 16:27:00 pm »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. If its true the cobblers are taking legal action, it will be either Buckingham or The County Group. If its the latter it could all get very interesting, seeing as both Tony & David Cardoza are listed as directors. Is it possible they could be taking legal action against themselves?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #6429 on: October 28, 2014, 16:28:43 pm »

You and your cohorts who so frequently express your disappointment - here are some words from a child psychologist that might better explain -

How spoiled children behave when they become adults

A spoiled child keeps crying until his caregiver brings him what he wants. When that spoiled child become an adult he will cry for help too but not in tears, for example he might start blaming his friends, environment or external factors.

By crying for help that way the spoiled adult expects someone to respond and to bring him what he wants.

A spoiled child expects the whole world to respond to his demand whenever he complains (or cries) but since he discovers the opposite when he becomes an adult he ends up feeling very disappointed.

You really are trying a bit too hard now, aren't you? And I'm loving the reverse psychology you keep trying to employ by slating someone but then adding 'oh but I agree with much of that'.
Simple fact. It is the righteous few who repeatedly sling insults on this thread. Just look at some of the names Cricket and Marvo have called people. If anyone is acting like spoilt children it is them. They are right, end of! So no one else is entitled to an opinion. Both Marvo and Cricket-where-is-Sixfields-anyway? have repeatedly stated they have no interest in this thread. Yet they, along with yourself, are probably the main instigators of it's continued run.

As for Marvo's 'nothing but success will bring the punters in'. Uhm? Didn't he decry this very fact only weeks ago? He stated 'we could only manage 6,000 in Carr's glory year'. As usual, living in the past. Because it's never happened before, it couldn't happen in the future, aye, Marvo?

As for Cricketside, his game is up. Purely a troll. He doesn't even attend football matches. Disclaimer: I am able to make this statement regarding the troll named Cricketside, based on the trolls constant refusal to answer valid and simple questions Evil
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6430 on: October 28, 2014, 16:31:07 pm »

...no Jolly, he was criticized for "liking the ground" which seemed a bit bizarre given his constant carping on how terrible Sixfields is and indeed will be.

I like Kennelworth Rd. Decent capacity, tight and close to the action and right in the town center.

........he was not in that post lauding the experience of old grounds which are completely different things (and one I would certainly agree with)

Pedantic Roll Eyes

See: Can't help that bit, can you?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6431 on: October 28, 2014, 16:41:01 pm »

For the record, Cobblerswatch. The way you keep trying to make valid both sides of the argument, while in reality putting down the nay sayers, I was beginning to think you were one of Everbrites multi's (He's got fooking loads!). He's taken that much of a biatch slapping around here lately he hardly dares say boo(!) anymore Evil So another I.D. would make sense.

But you can't be Evers', your spellings too good Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #6432 on: October 28, 2014, 16:48:11 pm »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned. If its true the cobblers are taking legal action, it will be either Buckingham or The County Group. If its the latter it could all get very interesting, seeing as both Tony & David Cardoza are listed as directors. Is it possible they could be taking legal action against themselves?

Yes it's been mentioned, yes it's true and there are other companies involved other than the 2 mentioned
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6433 on: October 28, 2014, 17:09:45 pm »

"You are Lobby Lud and I claim my £5," jolly squealed triumphantly.

I started watching the Cobblers in about 1955-6 and continued until I went abroad in 1968 and missed the 1970s. I started to go again when my younger son became interested. I had a Dad and Lad ticket from the first game at Sixfields until the boy got too old, and for a while afterwards I stuck his and my tickets on my credit card while he was a student. From 2002 or so onwards I became less able to afford it, less interested and less inclined to go regularly, for various reasons. So?

Does that mean the shite you write on here about the development shouldn't be commented upon? If I never went again it would be shite. If I started to go every week, it would be shite. And I'd still tell you and be within my rights to do so.

(The last game I reckon I watched was Constantine's debut. I still haven't recovered.)

Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #6434 on: October 28, 2014, 17:17:32 pm »

The real victims in all of this are those that have paid for their boxes already - £10,000 - and don't seem to have anything to show for it. How long before they start taking action to get their money back?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
j20cobbler

« Reply #6435 on: October 28, 2014, 17:43:26 pm »

And as I've said before, a few disgruntled east stand season ticket holders.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #6436 on: October 28, 2014, 18:01:53 pm »

The real victims in all of this are those that have paid for their boxes already - £10,000 - and don't seem to have anything to show for it. How long before they start taking action to get their money back?

Surely no one who is on a list/paid for a box is currently out of pocket?! It hasn't even looked like being ready so would be surprised if the club have taken payment.
You would have thought that a ST holder should have been offered a refund by now, that's if they haven't been already.
Report Spam   Logged
sixfields starling

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6437 on: October 28, 2014, 18:17:55 pm »

I'm a east stand season ticket holder along with my son and have heard nothing apart from the announcements on the club web site to get alternative tickets,which i have done ,in the west .To be honest, don't mind being there and would happily stay for this season if it meant getting the east right .It's the lack of news that frustrates me ,along with many others and the broken promises. On a different note, where are all the new seats also promised when you stumped up your cash for a season ticket? That's even gone quiet now. 
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #6438 on: October 28, 2014, 18:29:43 pm »

Because it's never happened before, it couldn't happen in the future, aye, Marvo?

Correct.

Possible but highly, highly unlikely.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6439 on: October 28, 2014, 18:39:08 pm »

"You are Lobby Lud and I claim my £5," jolly squealed triumphantly.

I started watching the Cobblers in about 1955-6 and continued until I went abroad in 1968 and missed the 1970s. I started to go again when my younger son became interested. I had a Dad and Lad ticket from the first game at Sixfields until the boy got too old, and for a while afterwards I stuck his and my tickets on my credit card while he was a student. From 2002 or so onwards I became less able to afford it, less interested and less inclined to go regularly, for various reasons. So?

Does that mean the shite you write on here about the development shouldn't be commented upon? If I never went again it would be shite. If I started to go every week, it would be shite. And I'd still tell you and be within my rights to do so.

(The last game I reckon I watched was Constantine's debut. I still haven't recovered.)

Of course you are entitled to have an opinion - although others might disagree. Poor old Shoey got shot to pieces for voicing his after announcing he would no longer be attending home matches.

That said, the amount of time you spend on this board - and this thread in particular - says something about you. No interest in attending matches yet thoroughly excited in having a dig at those questioning the fading promises and ever diminishing returns of a ten year(s +) project?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 [322] 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: