The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 07:38:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1845684 times)
MCHammer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #6660 on: November 02, 2014, 23:13:58 pm »

Just asked for a little evidence to substantiate your allegedge insight into the intricacies of NTFC.

Sorry if I hit a nerve offended you..

I suppose I Should overcome the hypocrisy of of a post bolstered by you citing how you might know better than most, but have done an incredible job in biting your lip thus far.. Only to choose to criticise me.. Nowt so queer as folk..  Cool

Never mind.. The last thing I want is to get drawn into this mess, by someone so clearly now embroiled.

No nerves hit or offence taken here, think you overestimate the power of words on a football message board   Grin. Let's face it life's too short for that.

In fairness I think waiting several months and first posting on page 330 odd of a thread could fairly be classed as biting ones lip  Grin Grin

Personally don't think my original message is particularly arrogant just a personal perspective but if it's taken that way or disbelieved then that's kind of out of my control.  Certainly not losing any sleep over it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 23:38:10 pm by MCHammer » Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #6661 on: November 02, 2014, 23:36:38 pm »

No seriously name me what we have for the £20m debt and I won't yawn or call you names that's someone called Cricketside
In fairness you did call my original post "a load of self righteous BS" so you haven't filled me with great confidence for a sensible debate  Grin

I know this is going to sound like a cop out but it's just too complicated a question that's fully loaded with negativity. For starters saying 20 mill debt is a bit silly as you well know a large proportion of that will be serviced via developments. 

So For instance what would be an acceptable debt? No debt? 2 mill? If we had this discussion years ago when we were mid table league one under Gray was the debt then worth it? Were we ok to go further in debt by sacking managers when we did? Were we ok to go further in debt buying players like we have? Was it worth spending all that money originally on Smith, Low etc?  Should we live within our means every season at the further detriment of the playing side? Should we have accepted relegation to non league years ago? Where would we be now if we had no debt and we had spent none of that money? Who knows? Should we have acquired the Sixfields lease and the associated costs when we did?

I guess the simplest answer is that we have a league club and it pays it's bills.  We have a budget and a squad of players that should be competitive at this level of football every season. We've mostly employed managers one could rightly have expected to be successful. In addition we haven't had the collection buckets out in all that time.  Is that enough? Probably not. Is it better than it could have been? Well the clubs history mostly shows it is.

There are soooo many variables over this period of time that only seem obvious with extreme hindsight its very difficult to judge them.  In addition how much of the REAL story do we ever really know? Even with the current development woes we all get to hear bits and pieces but it's usually given to us by people who have a vested interest and are only relaying their side of the story.

As I said twice before you seem to hold a very personal dislike towards DC which seems to come from something much deeper than being fed up with the way he runs things or a genuine concern for your football club.  I don't know what this is and don't need to really need to.  What I do read from you though is a very partial viewpoint which I believe provides very negative and biased views that are unlikely to ever change.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: November 03, 2014, 06:38:59 am »

That's a posh way of saying the fellow's a gobshite, Mr Hammer.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
guest49

« Reply #6663 on: November 03, 2014, 08:13:29 am »

A lot has been said about the debt before the loan.
There are two clubs with more debt than us in league two (prior to the loan), Southend and Hartlepool.
I'm not sure how this has panned out year on year but you have to give DC some credit that it hasn't cost him anymore money to keep us crap for the past few seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #6664 on: November 03, 2014, 08:17:39 am »

Heard in Carrs from someone ITK that the left side as you look at it from the West is sinking and is already a foot lower than the other end.
After the London Pride It did look a bit wonky.

I don't think this would be breaking news when you look at the surrounding landscape. The Walter Tull rollercoaster being the prime example.
To sink a foot in 20 years wouldn't be bad going. They don't build things to last these days.
I went to Bella Italia last night and didn't release just how bad the car park is. I'm surprised some of the places up there haven't been condemned. Give it 30 years and one of the new houses will disappear down a sink hole!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6665 on: November 03, 2014, 08:55:11 am »

A lot has been said about the debt before the loan.
There are two clubs with more debt than us in league two (prior to the loan), Southend and Hartlepool.
I'm not sure how this has panned out year on year but you have to give DC some credit that it hasn't cost him anymore money to keep us crap for the past few seasons.

You sound very bitter and a touch negative.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 09:00:15 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: November 03, 2014, 08:55:41 am »

the problem with DC is he plays the club like a Fruit Machine, he keeps putting in money hoping to chase his losses and hit the jackpot.

I believe he's put in around £8million over the 10years since he's been here and we have gone nowhere. In fact we are worse off now as before he came in the debt was I believe £500k.

If he had invested properly in the club from day 1 we would be a lot better off. He could of built his coprate facilities using his own money (£5 million would have built a good stand) 10 years ago and the club would have benefited from 10years of 24/7 income, we would have benefited from increased revenue when we were promoted but the fact is he has held the council at ransome to get the land and planning around Sixfields so he and his mates can make money.

As it stands we are £18million in debt with a smaller stadium and no extra facilities. That's not what I'd call progress.

And before anyone bangs on about him saving us, look around at all the other clubs who have gone into meltdown. I'm sure we would have survived
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 08:59:36 am by Iest_ntfc » Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: November 03, 2014, 09:35:32 am »

If he had invested properly in the club from day 1 we would be a lot better off.

I'm stunned at the extent to which a load of know nothings pontificate on here how easy it is to run a football club and how and how much to invest and when and where. Of someone else's money, of course.

Derek Banks - what a star - but he invested nothing off the field. Others kept it going. Nobody else came in with a realistic offer.The Council would have spent no more and only 'one person' came in with an idea to take it forward that didn't need megabucks. People seem to have forgotten how long DC has waited for the council to act - and been let down. (We remember the LibDems, don't we?)

Easy job knocking. Easier than keeping NTFC going I reckon. But what do I know compared to our resident experts?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:45 am »

He could have built his corporate facilities using his own money... (Edited for clarity)

On Day 1 it was a Council owned stadium.
Report Spam   Logged

Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: November 03, 2014, 10:01:08 am »

He could have built his corporate facilities using his own money... (Edited for clarity)

On Day 1 it was a Council owned stadium.

I'm sure they would have sold him the lease then if he had asked.

Just out of interest do you think he's in this for the love of the club or to make money?
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: November 03, 2014, 10:13:04 am »

Just out of interest do you think he's in this for the love of the club or to make money?

I would think he's grown to love the club over time, despite the negative posts of people like you. I would hope, however, that he does make money, or we're really up the creek. It's irrelevant what his initial hopes were, however.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #6671 on: November 03, 2014, 10:28:22 am »

You sound very bitter and a touch negative.

Silly me for being a 'touch negative' over our current situation. It hurts all the more coming from Dave's shoe shine boy. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #6672 on: November 03, 2014, 10:43:25 am »

the problem with DC is he plays the club like a Fruit Machine, he keeps putting in money hoping to chase his losses and hit the jackpot.

I believe he's put in around £8million over the 10years since he's been here and we have gone nowhere. In fact we are worse off now as before he came in the debt was I believe £500k.

If he had invested properly in the club from day 1 we would be a lot better off. He could of built his coprate facilities using his own money (£5 million would have built a good stand) 10 years ago and the club would have benefited from 10years of 24/7 income, we would have benefited from increased revenue when we were promoted but the fact is he has held the council at ransome to get the land and planning around Sixfields so he and his mates can make money.

As it stands we are £18million in debt with a smaller stadium and no extra facilities. That's not what I'd call progress.

And before anyone bangs on about him saving us, look around at all the other clubs who have gone into meltdown. I'm sure we would have survived

...at the risk of being a CS echo - I'm astounded at your ability to so wisely spend someone else's money
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #6673 on: November 03, 2014, 10:46:15 am »

I'm sure they would have sold him the lease then if he had asked.

Undoubtedly both, but for the cynics - watch him watch a game - clearly feels the same pain as true supporters.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: November 03, 2014, 10:54:29 am »

Thank God for that... I was worried about you  Grin Tongue Tongue

You seem to be getting a touch nasty
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #6675 on: November 03, 2014, 11:06:51 am »

Silly me for being a 'touch negative' over our current situation. It hurts all the more coming from Dave's shoe shine boy. 

That is a pretty silly comment - why don't you look at the bright side of life if only just occasionally Roll Eyes Miserable old git.
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #6676 on: November 03, 2014, 12:15:18 pm »

...at the risk of being a CS echo - I'm astounded at your ability to so wisely spend someone else's money
Unlike the un wisely spent, council loan money for the building of the east stand?

Now that's spending someone else's money well is it?

The clubs biggest asset is the supporters who show up in numbers regardless of how poor the football is, but despite This, very little has been done to promote the club mainly because everything's has been on hold for the past decade awaiting  the development.
Surly it would've been beneficial to use some of the £8 million on the infrastructure and gain extra monies through the turnstile and corporate facilities?

It just doesn't add up.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #6677 on: November 03, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »

That is a pretty silly comment - why don't you look at the bright side of life if only just occasionally Roll Eyes Miserable old git.

Are you the sort of character that wants to fight the world after half a shandy?
Try taking a deep breath before commenting on anything remotely critical of the club, especially without making an actual point yourself and just basically trying to insult people.
You might feel a happier person for it and not come across as such an idiot.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: November 03, 2014, 12:36:59 pm »

Are you the sort of character that wants to fight the world after half a shandy?
Try taking a deep breath before commenting on anything remotely critical of the club, especially without making an actual point yourself and just basically trying to insult people.
You might feel a happier person  for it and not come across as such an idiot.

Thanks

I am perfectly happy and no I don't want to fight the world as you put it! As most of your comments are of a negative nature and always critical of the Club and Officials you seem to assume you have the right to criticize at will without ever taking a deep breath before commenting. You might be a better person if you could just show the occasional glimpse of goodwill towards DC and those who don't share all your morbid views. In other words cheer up.

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #6679 on: November 03, 2014, 12:42:09 pm »

But they can't Tone as there is little defence for DC's action or lack of them

He now loves the club   WTF!!!!!!    

If you go somewhere, anywhere you like and something doesnt work or is broken, what do you think about it?Huh???

One very minor, simple thing is the clock, which has not worked all season?  WHY NOT?Huh?

DC doesnt give a crap about the club or its people or its fans, he is only interested in getting his money back / making money. If you cannot see that then you lot really are so fffing stupid it is unreal

In fact let me have your email addresses so I can bombard you with sales crap cos you go to the very top of the gullible list that companies like QVC go mad for.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 [334] 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: