The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 10:22:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1843634 times)
Merry Comrade, WboroCobbler, Observing, Tabasco Kid, DavCobb (+ 1 Hidden) and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.
Gibbo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #7340 on: November 30, 2014, 14:46:06 pm »

Lock it Nige, this lot are doing my head in.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: November 30, 2014, 14:49:02 pm »

Somebody warned me that you were just taking the piss, posting nonsense just to get me to respond. I didn't believe him, but maybe he's right.

...lets start with stopping this bullsh:t about the development and give the fans the respect they deserve...

What you must be saying is that DC must talk about what's going on, despite the court case? OK. I know nothing about the law - except for speeding fines - so I can't fully comment. My gut feeling is don't.

Once ha has been complete you would need to start to appeal to new audiences but lets take one step at a time.

I'm totally at a loss as to what that can mean. I'm not really being rude, but you can't make a post make sense, so I hope you're not the 'brains' behind any consortium, at any time, in connection with NTFC.

Well fortunately for you I'm happy to assist in your shortcomings on the subject, you can indeed state your position on any legal wrangle , you can also give an indication of prospective timelines of hearings , you can't directly suppose the position of any other party involved.
So we have been fed at best evasive information .

Secondly, the club would need to appeal to broader audiences , do you really not understand that?
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: November 30, 2014, 14:50:02 pm »

Lock it Nige, this lot are doing my head in.

Don't read it then you Tosser!
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: November 30, 2014, 14:53:05 pm »

Time a couple of people had a bit of a rest and a chance to cool down methinks.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: November 30, 2014, 14:59:14 pm »

You got called a tossed now..  Grin

I just can't understand why you would start reading this thread and go ahh this is doing my head in, read some more whilst thinking ahhhhh this is really doing my nut in now, read some more and go right this is doing my head in sooo much the only way for it to stop is by asking for it to be locked. Wtf???
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #7345 on: November 30, 2014, 14:59:32 pm »

The problem with fan owned clubs is that they can never cover shortfalls of cash, so they have to budget without any basis of speculating to accumulating. The model will never work when pitted against clubs ran by individuals with personal financial clout.

In an ideal world all clubs would be fan owned, and follow the very successful german model.

With regards to the Cobblers, if it was ran by the fans (instead of DC) I'm pretty certain that not a lot would change from a league status side of things. DC has made no investment for years and the books show this. Whilst moral within the support would take an upturn, the ability to chuck pots of cash at short term problems (like last season in order to stay up) would negate the benefits.

Basically the positive alternative to DC would need to be someone with plenty of 'cash on the hip' and someone happy to lose it! Of course the issue we have is the debt NTFC owes to DC so unless he was willing to write that off then the chances of someone buying him out are virtually zero. The club simply isn't worth anywhere near the millions we owe to it's chairman. And on top of all of that there's the stadium fiasco and the loan money.

So in a nutshell we are well and truly shafted. We are totally and utterly stuck with DC. It's a dictatorship in everything bar it's name (the board). How do you get rid of a dictatorship that hasn't actually officially done anything wrong? That's where I'm with DC...it's clearly time to ramp up the pressure on him but there isn't the stomach across the support base for it I'm afraid. Apathy rules.
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: November 30, 2014, 15:18:56 pm »

The problem with fan owned clubs is that they can never cover shortfalls of cash, so they have to budget without any basis of speculating to accumulating. The model will never work when pitted against clubs ran by individuals with personal financial clout.

In an ideal world all clubs would be fan owned, and follow the very successful german model.

With regards to the Cobblers, if it was ran by the fans (instead of DC) I'm pretty certain that not a lot would change from a league status side of things. DC has made no investment for years and the books show this. Whilst moral within the support would take an upturn, the ability to chuck pots of cash at short term problems (like last season in order to stay up) would negate the benefits.

Basically the positive alternative to DC would need to be someone with plenty of 'cash on the hip' and someone happy to lose it! Of course the issue we have is the debt NTFC owes to DC so unless he was willing to write that off then the chances of someone buying him out are virtually zero. The club simply isn't worth anywhere near the millions we owe to it's chairman. And on top of all of that there's the stadium fiasco and the loan money.

So in a nutshell we are well and truly shafted. We are totally and utterly stuck with DC. It's a dictatorship in everything bar it's name (the board). How do you get rid of a dictatorship that hasn't actually officially done anything wrong? That's where I'm with DC...it's clearly time to ramp up the pressure on him but there isn't the stomach across the support base for it I'm afraid. Apathy rules.

I don't agree Drilling , the bank would need to be satisfied the the debit is secure indeed but in terms of sustainability I'm convinced the club could do everything it is involved in better and I mean everything. Ran properly i have no doubt it is a viable going concern. 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7347 on: November 30, 2014, 15:30:06 pm »

I'm out voted mate   Grin

That's a first then Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest1269

« Reply #7348 on: November 30, 2014, 15:40:31 pm »

Or... Shut up you thick ruminative tw@t.   Roll Eyes Grin

......like catching mackerel with shiny balls of silver paper - rarely disappointed but great word (yes I had to even look it up) - not entirely sure it applies here, in fact I might argue the opposite - still never let a big word get in the way of trying to look superior!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7349 on: November 30, 2014, 15:40:59 pm »

I just don't have the time. I would certainly do my best to support in any way I could.

Billy - I think he is calling you a Big Naff
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #7350 on: November 30, 2014, 15:42:16 pm »

Ran properly i have no doubt it is a viable going concern.

Well, we might as well take your word for it. Without the £20 million debts, it would be a nice little earner. Yeah?
Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #7351 on: November 30, 2014, 15:44:06 pm »

Well written and unfortunately pretty much true on every point.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #7352 on: November 30, 2014, 15:58:49 pm »

yep totally agree Drilling,  we need to put pressure on DC to say that it is simply not good enough. Off the field the club was almost a total mess before the development, now it is even clear for those to see.

The apathy of the fans and the Trust adds fuel to the fire when it should be helping control it

The fact that we played our deepest rivals in a home pre-season friendly when they were two divisions higher than us tells me (and should everyone else that DC has no understand of our club, fans or football). It came about cos he met with McAnthony on tv and thought great idea, lots of fans will come to that game. Question:  How many fans would have arranged that game?Huh???  NONE

I was not saying that we should become a fans club but investment might come in if the club is being run much better, is treating it's customer base with respect, is treating it's employees (inc players) with respect, is actively trying to be the best it can be. Then the money might come.

It makes no sense to loan in these players who are CLEARLY little better than what we have but we keep doing BUT we don't spend money to replace the clock for example or anything else to improve the matchday experience

Report Spam   Logged
garibaldi

View Profile
« Reply #7353 on: November 30, 2014, 16:03:48 pm »

The real reason I stopped going was because the clock stopped.
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #7354 on: November 30, 2014, 16:14:38 pm »

exactly custard cream, the clock is very important to the fans   Grin

No I know it is not vital BUT it is a very indication that as a club we are going in the wrong direction. No concern to replace it as in 2023 we MIGHT be getting a big flashy scoreboard and we might as well spend the money on another crappy loan player who doesn't give a crap about the club, at least the clock gives the fans something to look at !!!  Grin

The record of the last 6 years or whatever it is shocking and clearly demonstrates where this club will always be and why.

In relation to needing millions, did Rochdale, Stevenage, Bury, Yeovil etc etc need really huge amounts of money,  all of them with much smaller supporter bases and history. Why did they all play in higher divisions??

Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7355 on: November 30, 2014, 16:17:49 pm »

The real reason I stopped going was because the clock stopped.

You genuinely don't get the concerns being expressed do you? Can I suggest your main issue is not that you disagree it's more that you don't understand?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #7356 on: November 30, 2014, 16:23:05 pm »

Bill, it really makes me wonder what has to happen for fans to actually see what has happened to our club

Custard cream - do you really not go anymore ?  if so then you really should be concerned and are one of the reason the club cannot and won't go forward under DC
Report Spam   Logged
CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7357 on: November 30, 2014, 16:31:26 pm »

Bill, it really makes me wonder what has to happen for fans to actually see what has happened to our club

Custard cream - do you really not go anymore ?  if so then you really should be concerned and are one of the reason the club cannot and won't go forward under DC

I have seen nothing good happened down there for so long now, I spend a lot if my time in and around Milton Keynes it is with a heavy heart I say this  but it is obvious where they are going , I just wonder how their growth and expansion will affect Northampton in the long term if this club don't get off its arse and do something or be something to its community and town, they just seem intent on further alienting themselves.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #7358 on: November 30, 2014, 16:33:10 pm »

Can you imagine that in the middle of this mess we HAD got a new clock?

Can you imagine the uproar on here if Cardoza had then said "wWe'll at least I've replaced the clock?

Do you remember the uproar on here when it was pointed out that the floodlights had been replaced?

ALL that matters is we have a winning team on the pitch. This is where the failing is at the moment, if we were top of the league there would hardly be a whimper on here.
Report Spam   Logged

CordwainerBill

View Profile
« Reply #7359 on: November 30, 2014, 16:38:42 pm »

Can you imagine that in the middle of this mess we HAD got a new clock?

Can you imagine the uproar on here if Cardoza had then said "wWe'll at least I've replaced the clock?

Do you remember the uproar on here when it was pointed out that the floodlights had been replaced?

ALL that matters is we have a winning team on the pitch. This is where the failing is at the moment, if we were top of the league there would hardly be a whimper on here.

Who knows if this is correct or not, they don't win many games and regularly flirt with relegation so your point I'm afraid is muted somewhat.  Where you may have a point is how inept the chairman is at giving his current manager sufficient facilities to succeed.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 [368] 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: