The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:59:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821336 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #9120 on: March 20, 2015, 16:35:26 pm »

If you're going to try and have a pop, at least try to form some basic English sentence structure.

Grin  Too true but it is a pity I quoted a line or two from your message
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest1269

« Reply #9121 on: March 20, 2015, 17:11:23 pm »

Jeez! You really can't let that one go can you Roll Eyes Still, never mind. And thank you for your pointless contribution Kiss

Poor Jolly you really don't get it do you (or choose not to) - let me spell it out for you just the one more time

You stated that most of the name calling came from the "otherside" - in posts either side of that statement you have called those that disagree with you Knobs, Thick and f***wits.

All of which tends to reduces the power of any of your arguments when you show yourself to being a hypocrite, lacking in judgemental ability, good manners, and of course the inability to use correct English.

I await with interest on how you will avoid answering this simple observation, but reply (because you can't help yourself) in an off piste manner that bears no relation to what I have actually said............
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #9122 on: March 20, 2015, 18:35:11 pm »

There will not be an East Stand open for the start of next season - no chance.

Was the double negative intentional?    Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9123 on: March 20, 2015, 18:46:55 pm »

Was the double negative intentional?    Grin

I would think so Grin
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: March 20, 2015, 18:53:48 pm »

Poor Jolly you really don't get it do you (or choose not to) - let me spell it out for you just the one more time

You stated that most of the name calling came from the "otherside" - in posts either side of that statement you have called those that disagree with you Knobs, Thick and ****wits.

All of which tends to reduces the power of any of your arguments when you show yourself to being a hypocrite, lacking in judgemental ability, good manners, and of course the inability to use correct English.

I await with interest on how you will avoid answering this simple observation, but reply (because you can't help yourself) in an off piste manner that bears no relation to what I have actually said............

Actually try reading my f***wit comment again. My point was that if anyone deemed DC's handling of the East project worthy of a round of applause, then they were a f***wit. I stand by that assessment, yourself included. However, it was then pointed out to me that he was actually applauded over 'we wouldn't have a club without him'. That's debatable, too. But also more understandable that he be commended for prior actions.
As for the rest: I'm sorry if I keep offending you, but I've never been one to tolerate fools gladly. Much less still, condescending pricks. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #9125 on: March 20, 2015, 22:25:23 pm »

Does the "majority" seriously not realise that there is absolutely no possibility of the East Stand being open for the start of next season, if ever. This mess will not be "alright in the end".
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: March 20, 2015, 22:56:51 pm »

Does the "majority" seriously not realise that there is absolutely no possibility of the East Stand being open for the start of next season, if ever. This mess will not be "alright in the end".

No, and it'll probably be our fault for moaning Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: March 21, 2015, 04:21:59 am »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #9128 on: March 21, 2015, 09:30:51 am »

I was asking myself some questions over this sorry saga and hit on the thought of perspective in the argument - firstly and for the benefit of those who selectively read my posts and amongst other things accuse me of being a DC apologist - I think the whole affair is a shambles as a mere glance to the East reminds us at every game. I think DC has handled communication on this in an appalling manner and shown himself to be at the very least unreliable on the whole affair. I also have significant critism on other aspects in the way the club is run.

But to my point on perspective and I would really like an intelligent discussion on this,  so the consistent argument seems to be - We were promised 10,000 seats and we are in fact (eventually) getting 8,000 seats with a reduced amount of add on facilities. What we are getting seems poor for the money spent (although I'm not sure anyone on here really knows the allocated spends), and along with the shambolic communication & project progress its a huge opportunity to move the club forward being lost.

It's that last point that has me thinking - I think most people's optimistic ambition for the club is a sustained place in the championship - not unreasonable for a club with a catchment area of over 300,000. So back to the Sixfields argument - to have a club sustained at that level surely history would say you need a capacity of closer to 20,000 and the reality, given the Sixfield position, design and access is that it could never be developed as such (with or without houses close to the ground) without total demolition - therefore be it 8,000 or the promised 10,000 (or even 12,000 with the ends extended) we are still only talking about a good ground capacity to sustain a club drifting between the two lower divisions and perhaps a very occasionally visit to the championship. Therefore had DC promised a 20,000 seater and delivered 8,000 (eventually) I do get the "missed opportunity" argument but the reality is we are arguing about 2,000 seats that really are not pivitol in the ambition of the club.
Now here's an added very unlikely theory - DC actually knows that Sixfield can never really be developed to support a championship club so a larger chunk of the loan is directed to the housing project - certainly makes him a pile but given the loan is essentially to the club and he owns the club ultimately puts the club in a much better financial position - DC stays or sells (the club being much more attractive to a buyer) - Sixfields demolished, land used for more profitable housing and the club moves to a brand new 20,000 seater stadium on a new greenfield site.
......yes I've been on the magic mushrooms but better to have a dream of what could happen rather than constantly complain about what hasn't happened.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #9129 on: March 21, 2015, 10:27:39 am »

The East Stand will not be ready for the start of next season because:
- the legal dispute with the developer is still ongoing. DC named FirstLand as the developer: no trawl of company records shows a development company with this name
- the current structure is flawed so will need to be demolished/ modified significantly in order for construction to continue
- there is currently no agreed plan for the final construction from which builders could work
- the money borrowed is being repaid, but the revenue streams which will have been anticipated as part of the original business plan are not delivering so it seems probable that the loan repayments are simply the capital being returned thus reducing the amount available to finish the job
- even if none of the above were true, we have (almost) run out of time to finish the job for August even if work started on Monday - but builders will require lead time to return, presuming Buckingham are prepared to return at all.
This is how I see things, trying to keep emotion/ "agendas" out of it. The real money in the whole project is in the housing and retail development, which will still add to the Cardozas wealth on schedule. If the ground is ever finished, it will be to allow the houses to be built without interference which are closest to the East Stand.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #9130 on: March 21, 2015, 10:35:23 am »

I was asking myself some questions over this sorry saga and hit on the thought of perspective in the argument - firstly and for the benefit of those who selectively read my posts and amongst other things accuse me of being a DC apologist - I think the whole affair is a shambles as a mere glance to the East reminds us at every game. I think DC has handled communication on this in an appalling manner and shown himself to be at the very least unreliable on the whole affair. I also have significant critism on other aspects in the way the club is run.

But to my point on perspective and I would really like an intelligent discussion on this,  so the consistent argument seems to be - We were promised 10,000 seats and we are in fact (eventually) getting 8,000 seats with a reduced amount of add on facilities. What we are getting seems poor for the money spent (although I'm not sure anyone on here really knows the allocated spends), and along with the shambolic communication & project progress its a huge opportunity to move the club forward being lost.

It's that last point that has me thinking - I think most people's optimistic ambition for the club is a sustained place in the championship - not unreasonable for a club with a catchment area of over 300,000. So back to the Sixfields argument - to have a club sustained at that level surely history would say you need a capacity of closer to 20,000 and the reality, given the Sixfield position, design and access is that it could never be developed as such (with or without houses close to the ground) without total demolition - therefore be it 8,000 or the promised 10,000 (or even 12,000 with the ends extended) we are still only talking about a good ground capacity to sustain a club drifting between the two lower divisions and perhaps a very occasionally visit to the championship. Therefore had DC promised a 20,000 seater and delivered 8,000 (eventually) I do get the "missed opportunity" argument but the reality is we are arguing about 2,000 seats that really are not pivitol in the ambition of the club.
Now here's an added very unlikely theory - DC actually knows that Sixfield can never really be developed to support a championship club so a larger chunk of the loan is directed to the housing project - certainly makes him a pile but given the loan is essentially to the club and he owns the club ultimately puts the club in a much better financial position - DC stays or sells (the club being much more attractive to a buyer) - Sixfields demolished, land used for more profitable housing and the club moves to a brand new 20,000 seater stadium on a new greenfield site.
......yes I've been on the magic mushrooms but better to have a dream of what could happen rather than constantly complain about what hasn't happened.

A good reasoned post and if I am honest I would agree with you, the only way we will go forward as a football club is when he goes which he most defiantly will, 3 more years max.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
TbananaG

« Reply #9131 on: March 21, 2015, 10:41:07 am »

The Cardozas will end their connection with the club once the housing and retail development is complete and the earning potential has been maximised. The money they have put into the football club has only ever been part of the long game.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #9132 on: March 21, 2015, 10:47:32 am »

The Cardozas will end their connection with the club once the housing and retail development is complete and the earning potential has been maximised. The money they have put into the football club has only ever been part of the long game.
Spot on, which is fine it's his money BUT he made a lot of promises to our club about infrastructure that are not being delivered.
The penny won't drop with some of our supporters until they read he has left in the chronicle
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest47

« Reply #9133 on: March 21, 2015, 10:53:13 am »

If their long game is anything like their short and medium game they are going be here for quite a while.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: March 21, 2015, 10:53:59 am »

The East Stand will not be ready for the start of next season because:
finished, it will be to allow the houses to be built without interference which are closest to the East Stand.

Pure hearsay so disregard it chaps.
From what I hear today we won't have to wait long for work to
Restart. Bad news for you.

He
Report Spam   Logged

TbananaG

« Reply #9135 on: March 21, 2015, 10:55:46 am »

Spot on, which is fine it's his money BUT he made a lot of promises to our club about infrastructure that are not being delivered.
The penny won't drop with some of our supporters until they read he has left in the chronicle

Do you really think he cares about those promises? We never understand that rich people act to a different set if rules from the rest of us.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #9136 on: March 21, 2015, 10:56:56 am »

Excellent news for me if true...but it's not true.

He
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #9137 on: March 21, 2015, 10:59:07 am »

A tip - if you want to be taken seriously, say what you have heard and name your source. You have absolutely no reason not to.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: March 21, 2015, 11:05:54 am »

+1

If you want to believe that load of bollocks Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

TbananaG

« Reply #9139 on: March 21, 2015, 11:13:07 am »

If you want to believe that load of bollocks Huh?

Do feel free to:
- take issue with any of the specific points I made
- offer any contradictory information of your own.
I think we all know you well enough to know this won't happen.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 [457] 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: