The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:47:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820600 times)
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2012, 18:15:55 pm »

I asked Wayne Bontoft who wrote the story in the Chron a couple of weeks ago and he said it shouldn't be long, still with the solicitors. Confirmed the Grosvenor Centre debacle would have no effect.

Maybe not, but it's sodding typical that it'd go through now, with land prices nowhere near the value they once held. Will it be a scaled down extension/rebuild? Maybe we'll end up with enough dosh to get the decorators in Angry
Report Spam   Logged
barnabas

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2012, 21:26:26 pm »

Crack on with Eagle Drive and things that can be achieved in my lifetime.

I reckon Eagle Drive will be Wootton mark 2. Might free up some space down the road though. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

The system I'm proposing would never work
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2012, 11:31:57 am »

L & G were never going to develop the Grosvenor , if they didn't do it when it was first mooted ,when everything was booming ,they sure as hell aren't going to do it now. Its now that they have run out of excuses that they have been sussed.

PS They missed a trick when Barton Co-op put up a trolley shelter , they could have protested about that  Smiley

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2012, 18:30:13 pm »

Maybe any development   at Sixfields should object to any L&G plans
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
sbedscobb

« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2012, 18:41:29 pm »

Maybe not, but it's sodding typical that it'd go through now, with land prices nowhere near the value they once held. Will it be a scaled down extension/rebuild? Maybe we'll end up with enough dosh to get the decorators in Angry
  I was told they intend to extend out over the service road to allow an extra 100 dining spaces/small conference area and a small bar/ function room . The roof will be removed and several small corporate boxes fitted before roof returned. The rest of the ground will remain as is. Better than the nothing we're accustomed to I suppose.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2012, 19:15:07 pm »

wooooo!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2012, 19:35:13 pm »

I was told they intend to extend out over the service road to allow an extra 100 dining spaces/small conference area and a small bar/ function room . The roof will be removed and several small corporate boxes fitted before roof returned. The rest of the ground will remain as is. Better than the nothing we're accustomed to I suppose.

That scheme was shown at a Trust meeting years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2012, 22:08:41 pm »

Just proves what a great bunch of guys they really are, truly cutting edge.
Report Spam   Logged
marcmewordz

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2012, 06:48:27 am »

It won't happen,
get over it
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2012, 17:55:03 pm »

And I bet they all sat there nodding like Churchill dogs at the altar of the almighty Cardoza.

Seriously, if we've waited nearly 8 years for a bigger dining room and a couple of corporate boxes, that will be extremely sad.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2012, 18:07:40 pm »

And I bet they all sat there nodding like Churchill dogs at the altar of the almighty Cardoza.

Seriously, if we've waited nearly 8 years for a bigger dining room and a couple of corporate boxes, that will be extremely sad.

Wouldn't it just Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:28 am »

I've always enjoyed watching us play at Gresty Road.
Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 08:06:55 am »

I might be a bit simple but:
1. We do not fill the ground currently so capacity isn't really the immediate issue
2. Redevelopment has always been, in the first instance, about "enabling monies"
3. One way to get "enabling monies" is to increase your corporate facilities so that the ground is usable on a more than match-days basis
4. Our current corporate facilities leave very much to be desired (i.e. we effectively do not have any)

So I don't know why anyone is surprised.  Corporate facilities mean the club gets income on non-match days and potentially can reinvest that money further down the line.  That said I don't expect we'll see much in the way of immediate re-investment.  Until such time as we're regularly at the top of L1 or in the Championship there really isn't a need to expand the ground capacity. 

That said, some reinvestment in to the currently existing facilities wouldn't go a miss to make the match-day experience a bit more enjoyable
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 17:49:36 pm »

Suprised you comment on an item when you were not there and had no idea what was said!
Any expansion is to the benefit of the club. The extra new revenue from Executive boxes and corporate events during the week is the obvious way forward. If it also means 1500 extra seats in the West Stand excellent, so well done DC. The expansion of the South Stand is not required until we are in League One or the Championship. The North and East Stand are the least of the priorities.
I just hope the news is close and the start date no far behind.

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2012, 19:30:09 pm »

Suprised you comment on an item when you were not there and had no idea what was said!
Any expansion is to the benefit of the club. The extra new revenue from Executive boxes and corporate events during the week is the obvious way forward. If it also means 1500 extra seats in the West Stand excellent, so well done DC. The expansion of the South Stand is not required until we are in League One or the Championship. The North and East Stand are the least of the priorities.
I just hope the news is close and the start date no far behind.

To be fair though, if in ten years from now we are playing in a 10.500 capacity ground of which 6,800 of that capacity is held in the West stand, then the stadium will look fooking silly Shocked How is the later expansion of the South/East/North to be funded?
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2012, 19:58:09 pm »

Expand the east stand, it was designed to allow bolt on extra seating and include the executive boxes/restaurant  whilst leaving the west as is and you get a decent looking stadium, fit for the championship for a fraction of the cost currently proposed, and avoids ending up with an odd looking single giant stand stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2012, 21:30:00 pm »

Expand the east stand, it was designed to allow bolt on extra seating and include the executive boxes/restaurant  whilst leaving the west as is and you get a decent looking stadium, fit for the championship for a fraction of the cost currently proposed, and avoids ending up with an odd looking single giant stand stadium.

Absolutely agree with this.
Report Spam   Logged
shakemaster

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2012, 07:40:49 am »

I agree expand the east stand for exec boxes, etc and if needed move the changing rooms and tunnel there aswell.
I would'nt want the ground to look like crewes but if we played like them ?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2012, 08:04:42 am »

Can people not remember back to 2006 when we were towards the top 7 of the L2 table all season? I remember there being barely room to swing an earwig inside the stadium on many occasions that year, and the same will happen this season if we have a good one.

Saying we don't need more capacity until championship/top end of L1 football becomes a reality is extremely short sighted. We need to have the capacity there so that we can accommodate the additional customers, bring in the extra revenue and establish ourselves at that level if this happens.

Swansea were set up with the liberty stadium when they were still very much a league 1 club.

I will be very disappointed if the initial development doesn't incorporate a capacity uplift to around 10-12k, along with a row of corporate boxes along the length of the west stand.
Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2012, 08:12:05 am »

We can't expand the East Stand without also having to pay to relocate the athletics track, part of the agreement of the 150 year leasehold was the athletics track was maintained by the club.  Expansion of the East Stand would require building straight on the athletics track so its an immediate no-go unless we can rehome it, which would be more cost.

Expanding the West Stand, regardless of aesthetics, is easier because we're just building out on to our own car park.

Although personally I'd actually build out the South Stand, and think about swapping away fans in to the East Stand as that would then allow us to charge a different amount for travelling fans than have the current situation where we have to peg it to the North Stand because of the same facilities.

And the point about 2006 is so historic it's irrelevant, you're talking about 6 years ago, pre-credit crunch recession.  Everyone had more money, football was cheaper and we were a better side.  We've been nowhere near the capacity in the last couple of years so in the immediate term we do not need to hike the ground size.  What we need is corporate facilities.  If you want a 12K+ capacity stadium we would be better off moving out of Sixfields altogether.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: