The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:01:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819392 times)
rebelspawn, Peter Frost, West Stand and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2012, 08:15:24 am »

Please can you tell me how much our ticket prices have increased since 2006?

Recession or no recession, the ground will be full if we are in or around the top 7 for a sustained period.
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2012, 08:15:36 am »

Don't you understand that the club is not cash rich and needs to have regular income. It may have to be done in phases as it can afford it. Get the conferencing and hospitality right and more regular income comes into the club. It wont just tick over like now and be break even every year but will start to become an earner. Getting another thousand spectators in every other week, although it helps, does not bring in enough to afford better players etc.

Consequences More income = More to be spent on team and ground expansion/facilities etc.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 08:44:04 am by MKMal » Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2012, 08:22:20 am »

Please can you tell me how much our ticket prices have increased since 2006?

Recession or no recession, the ground will be full if we are in or around the top 7 for a sustained period.
In the North Stand matchday ticket prices have gone up £4 in 6 years.  That is the worst example granted, but it's an above inflation increase no matter how you look at it.  East Stand up by £2, West Stand only by £1.  Concessions have gone up £2.50 across the board and the student discount removed.

The only people to have seen a decrease are those who've managed to stay between the ages of 16 and 18 for all 6 years, which is impossible
Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2012, 08:24:16 am »

And I should add that is just matchday ticket price, it doesn't include any food, drink, programmes, travel, etc which also goes in to the overall cost of the matchday experience and ultimately would be what would make some people now think twice about whether going to the football is a must-have or nice-to-have when times are hard.
Report Spam   Logged
Exe

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2012, 09:06:35 am »

I don't know how feasible it is to have boxes, restaurants etc in the East Stand because all the catering facilities are in the West Stand and I know there are complications with the gas emissions from the rubbish underground which mean we're restricted in terms of what facilities we have and where they're placed.
Report Spam   Logged
Whitedogdo

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2012, 09:36:58 am »

In the North Stand matchday ticket prices have gone up £4 in 6 years.  That is the worst example granted, but it's an above inflation increase no matter how you look at it.  East Stand up by £2, West Stand only by £1.  Concessions have gone up £2.50 across the board and the student discount removed.

The only people to have seen a decrease are those who've managed to stay between the ages of 16 and 18 for all 6 years, which is impossible

My entry has gone down by nearly 20%..... £249 to £199 ST.
Report Spam   Logged
Cockney Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2012, 10:28:58 am »

Did I say season tickets?  No I said matchday prices.  STH are irrelevant in this discussion as we don't have enough of them to require upping capacity, there is plenty of overhead in the stadium capacity after STH numbers are deducted, the only reason capacity would need to increase is if the number of casual fans (i.e. those that buy tickets on the matchday rather than hold season tickets) increases to take us over the 7,500 barrier which only happens when we're successful or about to get relegated.

It's those casual fans who will be weighing up the cost of the whole day at the moment and thinking it isn't worth it, so we don't really need another 1,500 seats to be empty on a weekend.  What we need, as MKMal said, is a regular income outside of match day.

Is it really that hard for those wanting a huge stadium to understand that a) we can't afford it and b) we don't really need it
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:27 pm »

Don't you understand that the club is not cash rich and needs to have regular income. It may have to be done in phases as it can afford it. Get the conferencing and hospitality right and more regular income comes into the club. It wont just tick over like now and be break even every year but will start to become an earner. Getting another thousand spectators in every other week, although it helps, does not bring in enough to afford better players etc.

Consequences More income = More to be spent on team and ground expansion/facilities etc.

Everyone talks as if we have no facilities at Sixfields now......forgive me if im wrong but we do have two or three "suites", restaurants, bars etc which seemingly can not be marketed to maximise revenue as it is. I like the way people seem to think it will all be magic, all the boxes will be filled and sold out, all the new conferencing facilities will be sold out and running 24/7 and then, and only then will we see more money coming in to improve the playing side and the facilities for the "ordinary" supporter.
I daresay people will say look at the Saints......but for me its not like comparing like with like. Yes they do have facilites but they cater to a different kind of client, and we're not going to ever attract sponsorship from the likes of Carlsberg, Travis Perkins, Monarch Airlines etc whilst playing 4th tier football.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2012, 12:08:38 pm »

Sometimes it is difficult to get your point across when speaking to the terminally thick. Suites, not seats us whats needed.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest168

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2012, 14:46:11 pm »

I think we need both, better corporate & Player facilities plus more general seats

Of course it all depends upon our ambition and attention to detail. personally I would prefer to see more money spent on the infrastructure / staff etc, even if it meant a player or two less.

we need to LOOK like we are trying to go places. These last two seasons I have been proved mostly right in what I said before, especially as DC has stated that he made mistakes, re cutting costs etc.

The corporate stuff will help, although I for one am not convinced it will actually be our saviour as some suggest, look at Oxford, they have a fantastic matchday hospitality set-up yet still in Div 2.

The more seats also depends where we REALLY want to be. There is no doubt that if we are in the top 2 of Div 2 or top 7 of Div 1, we need more seats. The main reason why we rarely sell out during these times is that many of the floating fans want to sit with or near their 'regular' friends but can't so don't bother or they are right on the front row or on the edge of the stand.

I do fear that it will be a typical 'Northampton' effort, mediocre in design, effect and appeal. i really hope I am wrong and that we have something to be proud of and help push us up the leagues into the Championship where we belong  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2012, 15:07:11 pm »

Some of the neandertal 'do nothing' posters show an incredible ignorance of business. If you run a manufacturing business you plan investment in new facilities (ie equipment) to offer new opportunities to expand the business to new clientel. If you sit on your hands the equipment becomes old and inefficient and eventually worthless.
More power to DC and his plans to add executive boxes, more catering facilities and conference options to utilise our central location. Some of the biggest sport sponsors have their Head Offices in the County and will slowly get involved year on year if we are successful in achieving Championship football. If you do not try you never achieve!
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2012, 15:59:01 pm »

Sometimes it is difficult to get your point across when speaking to the terminally thick. Suites, not seats us whats needed.

Grin

I would prefer to see the East stand redeveloped but if it its more financially viable to upgrade the West then I won't complain.
Report Spam   Logged
Whitedogdo

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 17:55:37 pm »

Did I say season tickets?  No I said matchday prices. 

I just quoted my deal..... I pay up front for all my matchdays and it's great value.... maybe if we had 4500 ST holders as when the glory boys were out in 97/98 we'd have a different discussion.
Loyal... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2012, 18:11:09 pm »

Would any sporting development at Eagle Drive incorporate a running track and Athletics facilities? This would free up current Sixfields East stand site. Throw in a joint venture with UCN relocation at Nunn Mills Avon site and all sweet for our sporting collegiate future!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Bu-Bu-Buchanan

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2012, 18:32:10 pm »

I agree entirely..

When I hear people talking about bolting on stands and moving entire catering facilities I honestly wonder what planet they live on. At the very least this would require knocking down the East stand. Unless you intend balancing 15-20 executive boxes, extensive kitchen space and 2-3 corporately kitted dining halls on top of the existing stand.

As ever this splits us supporters right down the middle. Your half right, Sixfields was intentially designed to be able to extend the north, east and south stands simply. These stands are actually the bottom tier of any expansion and footings are in place for expansion. If any of these stands are to increase in size the existing roof is indeed simply a bolted on cantilever. This would even allow for the stand to be used during expansion.

I wholeheartedly agree that Sixfields was built without the necessary facilities for corporate entertainment and theseimprovements are planned to be in the West stand and will be, but with 25 restaurants closing a week in the UK anyone who thinks we will build a team from the proceeds of catering are sorely wrong.

It has to be a balance whereas corporate facilities are hugely expensive to run and indeed cause a loss a few extra seats as well should be the way forward, it's catch 22 but with success on the pitch more supporters come and with more supporters comes the corporate interest.

Next time your at a lower league ground with rows of boxes look at how many are actually used.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2012, 23:08:48 pm »

Several million pounds of enabling needs to be raised before a single penny will be spent on the stadium, this ain't happening in our life time. We're being led by the nose. I'm resigned to following my team in
 an out dated sub standard 4th division stadium, which is where we'll always be. The trust guys were right all along.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2012, 06:18:29 am »

The re-development is not just about corporate boxes being available on match days but creating a venue for hosting events 7 days per week.  I wrote sometime ago on this site that I had attended an event at a Premier League rugby club where the place was heaving on a midweek day with various workshops and professional seminars taking place.  I recall the bars were busy and there was a lot of catering.  At the time it was a stark reminder of what might be at Sixfields.  I only hope that finally after so many false dawns progress is made but that it is not a half baked solution which will haunt the club in the years to come and not deliver the income stream so badly needed if we are ever to fulfil our aspirations of playing at a higher level.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2012, 19:47:52 pm »

If you need any evidence how too much corporate hospitality and lack of provision for mere spectators can destroy the soul of sports arena go and visit the County Ground.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2012, 20:32:26 pm »

If you need any evidence how too much corporate hospitality and lack of provision for mere spectators can destroy the soul of sports arena go and visit the County Ground.
Excluding those who had a free T20 ticket, does the County Ground get many fare paying passengers these days? Not much of a local cricket fan myself, so i have never sampled the delights.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2012, 10:44:57 am »

It's got a bar, its got bogs. What else do you need at a cricket ground. What more do you need at a cricket match?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: