The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:12:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819920 times)
Coolcat (+ 1 Hidden) and 44 Guests are viewing this topic.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #320 on: October 12, 2013, 18:37:55 pm »

Please just f uck off.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest49

« Reply #321 on: October 12, 2013, 18:47:45 pm »

Yawn...... If the club folded not one person would give a flying f about the status of the loan. This model has been used numerous times before around the country.  I'd usually give you more credit to understand that. I wouldn't knock the first bit of ambition this town has shown for a long time. Well, that's maybe a little unfair but it's a significant step towards making Northampton a better place.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #322 on: October 12, 2013, 18:58:40 pm »

I'm not knocking any ambition whatsoever.
All I've done is ask what I feel is a justified question and if anyone can answer it and surprise,surprise pelters.

Is it not fair to be concerned when it is entirely possible(god forbid) that the club could this time next year be a non league club with a twenty million pound debt(as I understand it DCs loans and the stadium loan).

A non league club with a £20m debt is not good is it?

I hope to god that relegation is avoided the ground is redeveloped,it is full every week and we have a good team on the pitch.
I also hope if that's the scenario that DC if he chooses to cash in makes a decent profit on his investment.
It goes without saying that I along with everyone else whose followed the cobblers wants this outcome.

The trouble is as soon as you ask a serious question to members of this board that isn't claret tinted or fits in with a happy clappy philosophy you are instantly vilified.

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #323 on: October 12, 2013, 19:13:56 pm »

Which happens to follow an hour or two after an away defeat. DC's prior investment is his look out and he'll never get it back should we 'fold', neither would the council.
The laws of probability mean we will get relegated at some point with our history. It's just now would be the worst and most ironic time to suffer that fate. It wouldn't be the end of NTFC though.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 12, 2013, 19:17:25 pm »

In June the average house price in Northampton was £165k. The plans include 300 houses alongside everything else.

300 x a modest £120k house price estimate is 36 million return before build costs. Plus hotel, leases on retail units and conference centre returns etc. Plus stadium change in income streams.

Worried? No. Whether this will translate into better football who knows?
Default on the council loan on the ground and the land the council own. Not really likely.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 12, 2013, 19:26:25 pm »

Thanks for a balanced reply tone.
Makes a change from being swore at(something I've never done to any other fellow cobblers fan on this board).
Whilst many obviously dislike me it's getting to the point where I can't raise a genuine concern without abuse which is unfair.
I've no problem if the powers that be would prefer that genuine concerns were not raised on this board and would adhere to it.
If the head honchos decide for a watered down forum of pure banter where best pie fillings or favourite players haircuts are discussed that's fine by me(I actually find lots of posters humour on here brilliant).

If its uncomfortable to raise concerns then I'm all for a pie and haircut forum and we can leave concerns to be aired in other mediums.
I'm all for that.
I'd rather have a laugh than personal insults even if it means certain issues being avoided on this forum.
At the end of the day were all cobblers fans and if certain issues lead to fallings out/insults then this forum will be better as a chicken and mushroom/Peter Gleasure board.
Up the tayn.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #326 on: October 12, 2013, 19:52:42 pm »

Don't go too deeply into it Shoey....forget about the loan as this will be pretty much all paid back by the housing. You are of course right to question whether we'd have a white elephant of a stadium if we did go down, and of course crowds, sponsorship, commercial revenues would all slide if we did go down with the inevitable further pressure on the playing budget.
I think when push comes to shove Cardoza pretty much manages to squeeze a few more quid out of his bank/dad and we bring someone in. We've certainly got more scope to do that than an Accrington/Torquay/Dagenham I think. The trick is not to leave it too late!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #327 on: October 12, 2013, 19:58:40 pm »

Just off on a slightly different tangent.....isn't tomorrow the day the demolition crew move in?
Coventry v Sheff Utd live on Sky isn't it?!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #328 on: October 12, 2013, 20:55:26 pm »

It's definitely Coventry v Sheffield United on Sky tomorrow at 3.30. They could really have played today with the Cobblers being away but I guess Sky dictated what day the game would be played. I wonder who get's the Sky money, Coventry or us as owners of the stadium .
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2013, 11:28:02 am »

In a worst case scenario where the cobblers are relegated to the ranks of non league football surely attendancies will fall significantly.
Will this affect the ability to pay the council they're twelve million pounds back?
yeah if we go down that affects the land value you half witted twát
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #330 on: October 13, 2013, 11:30:46 am »

It's definitely Coventry v Sheffield United on Sky tomorrow at 3.30. They could really have played today with the Cobblers being away but I guess Sky dictated what day the game would be played. I wonder who get's the Sky money, Coventry or us as owners of the stadium .

well coventry obviously  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
sbedscobb

« Reply #331 on: October 13, 2013, 12:05:09 pm »

well coventry obviously  Huh?
I've heard that the owners of pitchside adverts have been told to pay another £600 for the cov games, or they get covered over, seems reasonable, especially this weeks when 10 million will be viewing.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 16, 2013, 14:08:23 pm »

Where's this 'Artists Impression' then?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 16, 2013, 14:33:10 pm »

I do a great impression of a p1ss artist.
Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 16, 2013, 16:42:25 pm »

Sixfields stadium planning application no: N/2013/1048 is now on the NBC website.
You may need to be an architect to understand it though.  Cheesy

http://www.northampton.gov.uk/info/200206/planning-applications/1918/sixfields-stadium-planning-application
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 16, 2013, 18:13:22 pm »

It is exciting as we have never got to this stage before. The easiest thing to do is read the Design and Access statement. There are some spelling and grammatical errors though but don't let this trouble you. (mail toilets, Northampton football club etc)
 It states that the total capacity of the re developed East stand will be 2192 instead of the current 1042 + 106 disabled. It is actually 4124 + 24 so will be larger in capacity than the current West Stand with the ends remaining the same as we knew. The boxes will be at the top above the seating. Some reduction of overall disabled spaces I think.
 I make it a total capacity of 10017.  How the away following will be accommodated is unclear and may be the same as now but whether it makes sense and how they will segregate etc in larger stand will become clearer.

All good though.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 18:14:58 pm by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #336 on: October 16, 2013, 18:31:29 pm »

Current East Stand holds about 1,700, so new stand should be somewhere around 4,000. Seating wise roughly same as West but will have to be bigger to take into account boxes etc.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 16, 2013, 18:38:13 pm »

My figures are precise! Taken from the architects drawings.
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #338 on: October 16, 2013, 18:56:57 pm »

Never trust an Architect  Grin Those figures he has quoted don't add up to the current capacity  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 16, 2013, 19:05:29 pm »

My figures are precise! Taken from the architects drawings.

But incorrect Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: