The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:09:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819197 times)
sbedscobb

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #820 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:01 pm »

Public consultation and a supporters meeting to discuss their requirements? WTF does that mean, I thought you get given 900 seats like it or lump it Grin

12000 eh! Probably planning a return to the Championship, this a town half the size of Northampton.

I wonder what Cardoza makes of all these other clubs planning for a better future while we rot on the vine playing out of a tiny ground with several greenhouses stuck on top!

Maybe we could have a public consultation as to how best to spend OUR monies and what's best for the club going forward?
Probably too late now anyway.
Just imagine the Saints fans reaction if their new North stand turned out to be six rows of benches and a lick of magnolia! They would go crazy  Grin
Has anyone else noticed the new large supporters bar area has also been axed Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #821 on: April 11, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »

P.s I suggest that certain people on here don't look at this artists impression for Scunny's ground it will drive certain people over the edge considering what we are getting.

That's probably a good suggestion, I don't think I can bare to look.

They get 12,000 NEW ground capacity for 18m - we get 900 'bolted-on' seats to the East Stand for 12m.

WE ARE BEING MUGGED OFF.
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 11, 2014, 12:47:24 pm »

The basic thing is that if you want to support NTFC it’s now confirmed we will be a "division 4" sized club, who will have the odd trip into the league above but god forbid not the league below. We will play in a ground that holds 8000 just about 40% more than our average crowd and this is the level we will stay, the level we have been for the best part of 100 years. This is the size of club we are and as things stand nothing will change. I'm not happy about that, but then is it not my own fault for believing in something that never really was. It certainly wasnt what I signed up for over 30 years ago.
The level of ambition on the field has been clearly set. Now if anyone really expected more or think they deserve more then they need to consider their next step.

Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 11, 2014, 13:04:59 pm »

Public consultation and a supporters meeting to discuss their requirements? WTF does that mean, I thought you get given 900 seats like it or lump it Grin

12000 eh! Probably planning a return to the Championship, this a town half the size of Northampton.

I wonder what Cardoza makes of all these other clubs planning for a better future while we rot on the vine playing out of a tiny ground with several greenhouses stuck on top!

Maybe we could have a public consultation as to how best to spend OUR monies and what's best for the club going forward?
Probably too late now anyway.
Just imagine the Saints fans reaction if their new North stand turned out to be six rows of benches and a lick of magnolia! They would go crazy  Grin
Has anyone else noticed the new large supporters bar area has also been axed Grin

Scunny have always been well run and punched above their weight. Remember the time they bought Billy Sharp from Sheffield United then sold him back to them for a massive profit? We would have done the opposite and lost money on him (although it would have been an undisclosed fee).
Report Spam   Logged

John

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 11, 2014, 13:07:08 pm »

Scunny have always been well run and punched above their weight. Remember the time they bought Billy Sharp from Sheffield United then sold him back to them for a massive profit? We would have done the opposite and lost money on him (although it would have been an undisclosed fee).

He wouldn't have scored for us.  Sad
Report Spam   Logged

AbingtonAve

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: April 11, 2014, 13:11:24 pm »

If they have abandoned the large supporters bar then that's a joke. They have them all over non-league level. Remember Forest Green?
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #826 on: April 11, 2014, 14:15:42 pm »

That's probably a good suggestion, I don't think I can bare to look.

They get 12,000 NEW ground capacity for 18m - we get 900 'bolted-on' seats to the East Stand for 12m.

WE ARE BEING MUGGED OFF.
What a stunning example of ignorant 'I'll read only what I want from club statements!'

We do NOT get 900 bolted on seats for £12m. We use the enabling funds from the £12m spent on housing, retail units,100 bed hotel etc to finance the  executive boxes in the East and West stand, 900 extra seats, Conference facilities, replacement of current seats, new larger facilities like the changing rooms etc effectively cost free to the club. PLUS future income from the new facilities.

Razor you are wrong!
How would you have financed any expansion?
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 11, 2014, 14:25:26 pm »

What a stunning example of ignorant 'I'll read only what I want from club statements!'

We do NOT get 900 bolted on seats for £12m. We use the enabling funds from the £12m spent on housing, retail units,100 bed hotel etc to finance the  executive boxes in the East and West stand, 900 extra seats, Conference facilities, replacement of current seats, new larger facilities like the changing rooms etc effectively cost free to the club. PLUS future income from the new facilities.

Razor you are wrong!

If YOU bothered to read MY comments you would have realised I am not taking issue with the way it is being financed.

I AM taking issue with the farcical way the plans are being managed / shevled / changed at the last minute and no one has a fcuking clue what is going on. As people have said, we've waited 11 years to get to this point and now we've chucked it down the drain.

Reduced capacity at the last minute.
Reduced executive boxes.
No conference centre.
No supporters bar.
Planning application to be re-submitted.
No fan/public consultation.
Complete lack of information/transparency/detailed plans for supporters to see.
MORE time wasted getting nowhere.

Who knows if the whole thing will be canned and all we're left with is an oversize dressing room?

It all just smacks of p*ss poor management. Something doesn't add up.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #828 on: April 11, 2014, 14:40:20 pm »

Razor you are wrong!
Razor is spot on, and I think you know it too.

To Answer your question I would have got the stadium fit for purpose, 12000 capacity and some corporate boxes and conferencing.

The enabling has been gifted to us by the council for the use off, which will be paid back when housing is completed, but guess what? We've managed to destroy the opportunity to build a bloody hotel.

If ever something needed calling in, this is it.

Report Spam   Logged
teletext

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 11, 2014, 15:00:57 pm »

Does anyone have a link where I can read about the revised plans? I have been looking but cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 11, 2014, 15:12:28 pm »

P.s I suggest that certain people on here don't look at this artists impression for Scunny's ground it will drive certain people over the edge considering what we are getting.

And if Scunny's don't Bristol Rovers new ground will.............

http://www.stokegiffordjournal.co.uk/major-projects/uwe-stadium/
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 11, 2014, 15:25:59 pm »

I'm going to go against the grain here and say none of this really bothers me. My total focus is matters on the pitch. I pay my money to watch football or more precisely the Cobblers so where I sit and whether that is in a sea of empty seats or a nice tight compact ground doesn't really concern me.

Despite all the "rumours" on here I haven't seen a single thing in print confirming anything. Nevertheless if it's all true and the capacity is only going up to about 8,500, well that's double what we've needed these past 5 seasons, in fact you have to go back to 1967/8 to find the last time our average attendance exceeded the new capacity and you don't need me to tell you things were very different back then, you went to the football or the rugby, the pub or the pictures and that was about it. Now there are dozens of alternatives to spend your hard earned cash, I seriously doubt we'll ever need a five figured capacity again. If we do happen to get Liverpool or the like in the Cup at home, the club will do what they did last time and raise the prices for those lucky enough to get tickets which will more than compensate for a lack of seats for all those glory hunters that wish to jump on the bandwagon. To warrant the capacity to increase further still we need to be turning people away at the gates and if that happens to be the case in the future then it wont take much to double up the North and South and we'd be able to finance that ourselves from future ticket sales. In fact if I'm honest I'd have rather seen a sort of "Holt End" at the north end of the ground, with terracing included rather than improvements elsewhere but I fully understand the need for the club to increase non-footballing revenue.

Did any of you go to Darlington when there was about 2,000 attendance there? It's horrible, just rows and rows of empty seats. Is that really what everybody wants?

Tomorrow we play Burton and that for me is far more important than all this tittle-tattle and rattling of imaginary sabres. We need to get a result and we all need to come together otherwise we could end up with 2,000 supporters in an 8,000 capacity ground in the Conference. Do you think it would make you feel any better watching that with 10,000 empty seats instead of 6,000? We'd end up with only two stands being open most of the time.

Let Cardoza get on with it. He owns the club and he'll be the one having to pay the loan installments back so it's only right he makes the decisions. If he thought a 12,000 capacity ground was going to attract a 12,000 attendance all paying £22 a ticket he'd do it, he'd have his money back in no time. He knows that isn't going to happen and if you're honest about it so do most of you.

Finally, it's a bit rich for so many of you to say you're not willing to put your hand in your pockets to buy tickets for next season as it depends on what division we are in and what price they are, yet you expect Cardoza to keep bankrolling the club whatever.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #832 on: April 11, 2014, 15:34:06 pm »

Was down at the Amex in Brighton last weekend. That's a nice ground, seats fully padded too.

It would be good to see exactly what we are getting, or is it changing by the day? It seems that most (myself including) are confused what is and isn't happening now.
Whilst the extra seats may not currently be required, you can't expect the fans to be excited about a few boxes that most will never get to use.

^^^ he's right though. It is a bit of an unwelcome distraction to the topic that really matters at the moment. The gripes and grievances will no doubt be in full force if the next few weeks don't pan out how we are hoping.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #833 on: April 11, 2014, 15:41:59 pm »

I'm going to go against the grain here and say none of this really bothers me.
I'm going to go with Marvo here without quoting his entire post. Should it look like we're going up to the championship (optimism overload) then it appears to be reasonably straightforward to increase the capacity of the South stand to cater for the increase in away attendances, so we can cross that bridge when (there's that optimism again) we get to it. If the current redevelopment is bringing in some corporate facilities then that, in my opinion, is a step in the right direction, regardless of how many (if any) more seats are put in.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 15:44:06 pm by Monty » Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #834 on: April 11, 2014, 16:01:26 pm »

I'm in the Marvo camp.
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 11, 2014, 16:41:13 pm »

I'm inclined to agree with Marvo, too.  We can worry about the stadium etc once know which division we will be in next season. Fingernails chewed to the bone, I will be in the West stand on Saturday cheering the team on, hopefully to a Kelvin Langmead-inspired victory. God willing.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #836 on: April 11, 2014, 16:52:25 pm »

I'd like a Holte end style North stand and the roof took off the south stand.
If the plans aren't yet written in stone can we make Sixfields as asymmetrical as possible.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #837 on: April 11, 2014, 16:54:01 pm »

Razor you are wrong!
And all of this extra income. What happens to it? Because if they only expect a maximum  of 8000 to turn up it clearly isnt going on the team
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #838 on: April 11, 2014, 16:54:21 pm »

Well done Marvo an excellent post, and I agree 100% with everything you have said. Now lets get behind the lads tomorrow and for the rest of the season and get out of the bottom two and stay in the league.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #839 on: April 11, 2014, 17:06:29 pm »

Does anyone have a link where I can read about the revised plans? I have been looking but cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-26976696 bbc, one of the biggest news networks in the world
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: