The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:53:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821237 times)
West Stand

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #840 on: April 11, 2014, 17:11:57 pm »

If YOU bothered to read MY comments you would have realised I am not taking issue with the way it is being financed.

I AM taking issue with the farcical way the plans are being managed / shevled / changed at the last minute and no one has a fcuking clue what is going on. As people have said, we've waited 11 years to get to this point and now we've chucked it down the drain.

Reduced capacity at the last minute.
Reduced executive boxes.
No conference centre.
No supporters bar.
Planning application to be re-submitted.
No fan/public consultation.
Complete lack of information/transparency/detailed plans for supporters to see.
MORE time wasted getting nowhere.

Who knows if the whole thing will be canned and all we're left with is an oversize dressing room?

It all just smacks of p*ss poor management. Something doesn't add up.
Cardoza said on the radio yesterday the conference centre will be behind the West Stand, there was nothing said about there being no conference centre. Also where has it been said/stated there will be no supporters bar?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 11, 2014, 17:12:10 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-26976696 bbc, one of the biggest news networks in the world

Why ruin speculation with facts?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
sbedscobb

« Reply #842 on: April 11, 2014, 18:47:55 pm »

Well done Marvo an excellent post, and I agree 100% with everything you have said. Now lets get behind the lads tomorrow and for the rest of the season and get out of the bottom two and stay in the league.
I have for many decades followed the Cobblers knowing that more often than not we get beat, our players will be the ones no other clubs want and other than my admission fee there's no other way for me to support them financially. Despite all this I didn't mind as I was sure one day we would have a platform from which to challenge to get to and thrive in the 2nd tier of English football.
Well that was until this week.  When questioned by the local press Cardoza, finally admitted there wasn't going to be any major development just a couple of rows of token gesture seats. So even you as a possible club employee going by your totally loyal to the club posts, can see we will forever be a nothing club going nowhere fast.

I will be there tomorrow and  the other games cheering them on as I have since I started going properly in 1970, but for the first time my future expectations will that similar to a Kettering Town or Nuneaton fan.

By the way Kingsthorpe, Marvo was only trying to get a reaction.
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 11, 2014, 18:56:36 pm »

Hope no doom and gloom merchants watched the build up to the Rotherham game on sky. Highlighted how the stadium has been a factor in the club progressing a fact backed up by the fat MocKney scouser in the studio.

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #844 on: April 11, 2014, 19:27:36 pm »

If I'd put £8 million of my families money into a football club, I would run it how I wanted and redevelop it how I wanted aswell. Wouldn't you ? 

The 8 million got us, or rather kept us, in league one nearly ten years ago. In the last six or seven years no money has been put in the club from the Cardozas - unless they are illegally falsifying the public accounts. The debt now stands at £7.45 million and has been for well over five years.
Don't forget that DC's sole income is from the club and he must be drawing a wage that's well over £100k as chairman while he works on the development.
Does anyone know how the Cardozas made their money in the first place? There doesn't seem to be any evidence of any development anywhere.
Report Spam   Logged
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #845 on: April 11, 2014, 19:59:27 pm »

You could always just email David Cardoza and ask him stuff?

Simple really. Or you could moan and make up unsubstantiated rumours?
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2014, 20:04:13 pm »

The immediate aim must be Football League survival.  But if, and it is still a BIG IF, we achieve safety then then we must turn to the future and proper planning on and off the pitch.  Nothing I have seen David Cardoza do in his tenure at the club instills me with any confidence.  For those of short memory let me remind that in recent times we have twice had the rugby league debacle and only Mr Cardoza will know how much that farce cost the club.  Now we have the chopping & changing of the redevelopment plans and I, amongst many, haven't a clue what are the plans and exactly what is being put in place.  Correction - one thing I have read is about the bigger changing rooms.  Marvellous foresight and planning skills that must have taken to achieve.  Razor is completely right.  Once again the supporters are being treated with contempt.

I don't think David Cardoza can be described as a good businessman by any stretch of the imagination.  From all accounts it is dad who has made the money and it was dad who made the decision to sack Boothroyd.  DC dithered up until that date long after Boothroyd should have been shown the door.  Boothroyd was belatedly jettisoned after the final game before Christmas  but Chris Wilder was not appointed until the last week of January.  When the final chapter for this season is written there is a good chance that we will return to the subject of Dithering Dave and questions will again be asked about his stewardship of the club.  It is the club that has to repay the loans, not the Cardozas, and for those who aren't aware the funds for the softish loans originate from EU funds which are routed from Brussles through the UK Government to their final destination.  To be fair it is the Tory Council Leader, David Mackintosh, who has delivered to a grateful Cardoza.   Full praise to him and this praise is not written by a Tory.  

Most of us are ever present and we are all Marvos at kick off time for the next 90 minutes.  But I do fear for our club, not just for the coming final games but also for its future under the current ownership.  And, like many, I am very tired of the supporters being taken for granted. We were not even consulted about one aspect of the redevelopment.  Shameful.
Report Spam   Logged
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #847 on: April 11, 2014, 20:17:53 pm »

I emailed David Cardoza about a few of the rumours flying around, he's happy for me to share his response...

Below is my initial email and then his response...

Hello,

I just wanted to pop an email to yourself and firstly say how impressed I was by your interview this week, the one about everyone pulling together. I couldn't agree more, lots of stuff has been said over the past few weeks (myself included) but I think the time has come to put everything to one side and really unite to try and help the boys get enough points to stay in the Football League.

Chris Wilder has done a fantastic job so far, under what have been very difficult circumstances. Mr Boothroyd left us in a pretty horrific position and it's huge kudos to Wilder that we are still in with a real shot of survival.

All fans have their thoughts and opinions but I think it's important to remember everybody wants the same thing, the best for the club.

I've read so much waffle on message boards over the past few days, specifically about the redevelopment saga and I think lots of fans have hidden agendas in their comments towards yourself, the club and the process.

I was just hoping you could clarify a couple of items that seem to have been started by the rumour mill...mainly about the redevelopment.

Will there still be an extended supporters bar?

Am I right to think that the conference centre will now be linked to the West Stand? The hotel also?

Also I believe we are looking at boxes in both the East and West stand with slightly less boxes?

I presume/hope we have an option to increase seating in the stands behind the goals?

Personally I can understand that plans change and I think originally you wanted the West as the main stand still and now it seems that is possible.

Would appreciate an answer but understand you probably get hundreds of random emails.

Here's to hoping for three points tomorrow and the road to safety!

Up The Cobblers.

Many Thanks

Neil

Hi Neil

Thanks for getting in touch.  These are stressful times for all of us apart from the person that put us here in his well paid job coaching our country’s future stars! Chris is a breath of fresh air and I have no doubts that we will be in and around the top 7 places next season in League 2.
I have seen some of the comments on the site and I have to say some of the comments are shocking - having spent million of pounds keeping us afloat and to have finally got us to the stage where we will become self sufficient and be able to sustain a very decent wage bill in the coming years I would have expected better.

The upshot is nothing has fundamentally changed with the development except we are moving the conference centre , which will be connected to the west stand and probably the hotel, and we will have less additional seating in the east as we will build some boxes and corporate facilities in the west - we only have a finite amount to spend.

Your questions:

Will there still be an extended supporters bar? Yes - there will be a home and away bar in the west . A large kiosk/bar in the concourse of the east stand and one possibly two bars within the stand.

Am I right to think that the conference centre will now be linked to the West Stand? The hotel also?  Yes for both

Also I believe we are looking at boxes in both the East and West stand with slightly less boxes? 10 - 14 boxes in the east stand - no change there and 3 - 4 large boxes in the west stand which are additional from previous plans.

I presume/hope we have an option to increase seating in the stands behind the goals? Yes definitely when needed.

Any other questions please just ask

Up the Cobblers!

All the best
David
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #848 on: April 11, 2014, 20:31:25 pm »

Top man for replying so quickly, nice little dig at Aidy at the start too!
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 11, 2014, 20:35:47 pm »

Thanks for posting this Neil, but I do wonder why the club did not issue a statement to this effect, instead of waiting to be asked.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
AbingtonAve

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 11, 2014, 20:43:24 pm »

This board is only a tiny minority of fans so I'm sure Mr Cardoza is broad shouldered enough to shrug off the criticism. What's clear though is that after the improvement works at the stadium the true test of his chairmanship will come. The current league position is unacceptable and it is reasonable after a string of failed (capable) managers to question whether there is a deeper cause for the malaise.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #851 on: April 11, 2014, 20:48:33 pm »

Thanks for getting in touch.  These are stressful times for all of us apart from the person that put us here in his well paid job coaching our country’s future stars!

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
guest47

« Reply #852 on: April 11, 2014, 21:18:29 pm »

You could always just email David Cardoza and ask him stuff?

Simple really. Or you could moan and make up unsubstantiated rumours?

He could always reply on this forum as he seems to read it regularly.
It would be rude not to.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #853 on: April 11, 2014, 21:20:05 pm »

2500 less seats is 'fundamentally nothing has changed' You've got me there!
1 maybe 2 bars, so that's Carrs bar then?

£12 million also known as a finite amount, maybe?

None the wiser I'm afraid  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #854 on: April 11, 2014, 21:27:09 pm »

Well done DSL and also to DC ftor replying, and I think that's probably as much as we could expect from the chairman.
But i don't agree with him criticizing Boothroyd because he employed him, and we will have to wait and see If the 12 million is well spent.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: April 11, 2014, 21:35:00 pm »

2500 less seats is 'fundamentally nothing has changed' You've got me there!
1 maybe 2 bars, so that's Carrs bar then?

£12 million also known as a finite amount, maybe?

None the wiser I'm afraid  Grin

I don't know much about you EXCEPT that your Maths ain't up to much.

10,000 - 8,500 = 1,500.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #856 on: April 11, 2014, 21:43:57 pm »

I don't know much about you EXCEPT that your Maths ain't up to much.

10,000 - 8,500 = 1,500.  Roll Eyes
  we're both ****e a maths 400 Extra seats making it 8000, so its 2000 lost in the seat cull Evil

« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 22:26:50 pm by sbedscobb » Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #857 on: April 11, 2014, 21:50:06 pm »

[These are stressful times for all of us apart from the person that put us here in his well paid job coaching our country’s future stars! ]

That's rather unfair considering DC sacked AB and wished him well for the future.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: April 11, 2014, 21:59:39 pm »

He could always reply on this forum as he seems to read it regularly.
He does. He admitted it to me in one of the Chronicles open forums.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
guest47

« Reply #859 on: April 11, 2014, 22:13:47 pm »

He does. He admitted it to me in one of the Chronicles open forums.

Is he shoemaker?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: