The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:14:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821704 times)
Peter Frost and 57 Guests are viewing this topic.
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #860 on: April 11, 2014, 22:23:19 pm »

Is he shoemaker?
I doubt it. In fact I think I know his user name on here.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
guest47

« Reply #861 on: April 11, 2014, 22:47:15 pm »

I doubt it. In fact I think I know his user name on here.  Wink

Ok here's some questions for him/you.

1. How did the Cardoza family make your money?
2. How much money has been put into the club from the Cardozas in the last five years?
3. How much do you draw as a wage as chairman from NTFC each year?

I think they are fair questions any Cobblers fan would want to know the answers.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #862 on: April 11, 2014, 23:33:16 pm »

2. How much money has been put into the club from the Cardozas in the last five years?

I think they are fair questions any Cobblers fan would want to know the answers.

...'like' to know the answers... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
sbedscobb

« Reply #863 on: April 12, 2014, 04:32:29 am »

...'like' to know the answers... Wink
I don't care what Kingsthorpe cobbler    takes as a salary, just do your best for our club.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 12, 2014, 06:11:40 am »

1. None of my business.
2. None of my business.
3. None of my business.
Report Spam   Logged

Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 12, 2014, 12:43:52 pm »

TFAMH, my view for what it is worth, although it has now been 4yrs since I last worked for the club.

For me 12,500 was always the target for expansion on a reduced budget. I can't understand how £12m equates to just 847 extra seats! The sums don't add up

That works out at about £17,500 per extra seat, I appreciate that we need more corporate space but we will still be in a position of selling out even in League Two in a promotion season and/or a good home cup draw.

For me anything less than 10,000 just isn't worth the money and just isn't worth doing, particularly at the cost of such high borrowing although you hope that this is to be repaid from the rest of the prefirory development
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #866 on: April 12, 2014, 13:00:25 pm »

I can remember suggesting to Tcmp as  a temporary measure, that we put  while we wait several more years boxes on a raised platform, I was told not worth it and wait for the the redevelopment. Funny after all these years this is what we're getting dressed as 'The development'..
Not good enough, go back to the drawing board.
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2014, 13:05:58 pm »

Any more seats are a waste of money regardless.

In the past decade when have we ever sold out? Man Utd in the cup. Then possibly one of the play-off semi-finals, Southend?

So an extra 2,500 seats enables an additional £50,000 for every potential sell-out. It would be decades before we're anywhere near reclaming that money.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #868 on: April 12, 2014, 13:17:31 pm »

The united cup tie alone would have made how much?, given the availability of seating? As many as you could sell.

10 years and they STILL don't know what they're doing. My signature is as right today as it's ever been.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #869 on: April 12, 2014, 14:04:10 pm »

TFAMH, my view for what it is worth, although it has now been 4yrs since I last worked for the club.

For me 12,500 was always the target for expansion on a reduced budget. I can't understand how £12m equates to just 847 extra seats! The sums don't add up

That works out at about £17,500 per extra seat, I appreciate that we need more corporate space but we will still be in a position of selling out even in League Two in a promotion season and/or a good home cup draw.

For me anything less than 10,000 just isn't worth the money and just isn't worth doing, particularly at the cost of such high borrowing although you hope that this is to be repaid from the rest of the prefirory development

Well said. 8,500 capacity. A nice little non-league ground.

On a side note, and excuse me if this has already been covered, but at the end of all the building works to the surrounding areas, will the debt owed to Big Dave (7.45 million?) have been cleared?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2014, 14:17:34 pm »

What happens to the area at the back of the East Stand for disabled fans that we were all so proud of?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2014, 14:55:47 pm »

Any more seats are a waste of money regardless.

In the past decade when have we ever sold out? Man Utd in the cup. Then possibly one of the play-off semi-finals, Southend?

So an extra 2,500 seats enables an additional £50,000 for every potential sell-out. It would be decades before we're anywhere near reclaming that money.

You're missing a point: Over the years the club has lost thousands due to the inability for people to just 'walk up' and pay at the gate for perceived big games. People will often decide on the day that they'd like to go and watch the football, but are put off by being uncertain they'd get in (although maybe not so much over the last few years Evil).
What is the point, having waited so long, not to at least stick with the original expansion plans? I'm not suggesting that we need a mega-stadium, but 9,500 - 13,500 would seem a more realistic ambition for a club with a 'five year plan' to achieve Championship football, wouldn't it?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2014, 15:01:31 pm »

That's probably a good suggestion, I don't think I can bare to look.

They get 12,000 NEW ground capacity for 18m - we get 900 'bolted-on' seats to the East Stand for 12m.

WE ARE BEING MUGGED OFF.

Was our building work put out to tender? Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2014, 15:11:50 pm »

The united cup tie alone would have made how much?, given the availability of seating? As many as you could sell.

10 years and they STILL don't know what they're doing. My signature is as right today as it's ever been.

£50,000 more than what we did. How many times have we played United? How many times would we have to play them to make a return on the investment?

We don't sell-out for Play-Off games. We don't sell out in League One matches. The only time we need more than 7,500 seats is if we reach the Championship or the once in ten years cup tie against a top four PL club.

You're missing a point: Over the years the club has lost thousands due to the inability for people to just 'walk up' and pay at the gate for perceived big games. People will often decide on the day that they'd like to go and watch the football, but are put off by being uncertain they'd get in (although maybe not so much over the last few years Evil).
What is the point, having waited so long, not to at least stick with the original expansion plans? I'm not suggesting that we need a mega-stadium, but 9,500 - 13,500 would seem a more realistic ambition for a club with a 'five year plan' to achieve Championship football, wouldn't it?

If we've only sold out twice in the past ten years, we've lost out on £100,000. £12m investment for a £100k return is laughable.

If we were anywhere near the Championship I'd agree it was a worthwhile investment. Maybe if it occurred the season after we finished 9th with Gray. But we're so far away from that now. We've not been in the 2nd tier for just under 50 years. The chances of that changing within the next 5 years is very slim.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2014, 15:21:50 pm »

And all of this extra income. What happens to it? Because if they only expect a maximum  of 8000 to turn up it clearly isnt going on the team

A valid observation.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2014, 15:29:20 pm »

£50,000 more than what we did. How many times have we played United? How many times would we have to play them to make a return on the investment?

We don't sell-out for Play-Off games. We don't sell out in League One matches. The only time we need more than 7,500 seats is if we reach the Championship or the once in ten years cup tie against a top four PL club.

If we've only sold out twice in the past ten years, we've lost out on £100,000. £12m investment for a £100k return is laughable.

If we were anywhere near the Championship I'd agree it was a worthwhile investment. Maybe if it occurred the season after we finished 9th with Gray. But we're so far away from that now. We've not been in the 2nd tier for just under 50 years. The chances of that changing within the next 5 years is very slim.

1.It wasn't £50,000 because DC hiked the prices.
2.I never mentioned selling out. I mentioned 'walk up' customers being deterred.

Cardoza's latest revelation has revealed that for 12 million we are getting our capacity increased by almost 900. Forget the other works, because whichever way you paint it 12 million for 900 seats is ridiculous.
It shows a total lack of ambition on the clubs behalf.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 15:34:44 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 12, 2014, 16:46:51 pm »

First if all a great win today, well deserved by the team.

As to redevelopment and figures, the reason I have always advocated 12,500 is that a) I trust in good times that we can sell at least 10,000 home tickets and b) you have to allow for 2500 away fans if you are to make good gate money from an away crowd. How many would Portsmouth sell at our next hone game given the chance?

Report Spam   Logged
Tony Clarke

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 12, 2014, 16:49:27 pm »

Oops, sorry jollycobbler forgot to answer, no the debt of £7.5m would not be paid as this is separate to the development loan which is to paid for from other developments around the stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #878 on: April 12, 2014, 16:53:56 pm »

Cardoza said it would be 8k or 8.5, so read as 8  that is just an extra 400 seats... Maketh redevelopment not  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 12, 2014, 16:55:43 pm »

First if all a great win today, well deserved by the team.

As to redevelopment and figures, the reason I have always advocated 12,500 is that a) I trust in good times that we can sell at least 10,000 home tickets and b) you have to allow for 2500 away fans if you are to make good gate money from an away crowd. How many would Portsmouth sell at our next hone game given the chance?

I agree. When clubs such as Southend and Sc***horpe are building stadiums which outshine ours, then it sort of outlines just what the future may hold. When Sixfields opened it met our needs, albeit the original 11,000 seater would have been preferable. But honestly, to take on a loan of 12 million, and then to be talking about upgrading to 8,500 capacity? Farcical.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: