The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 00:32:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842703 times)
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #920 on: April 13, 2014, 18:01:14 pm »

Anyone, literally anyone!

I'd expect him to know more about what is happening currently. Sbeds seems obsessed about stilts and no supporters bar!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 18:04:39 pm by DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot » Report Spam   Logged
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 13, 2014, 18:06:28 pm »

I agree with the truth.
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #922 on: April 13, 2014, 18:10:17 pm »

I've actually heard there are plans to extend the stands behind the goals in 2016 anyway so half of this conversation is irrelevant!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #923 on: April 13, 2014, 18:54:32 pm »

I've actually heard there are plans to extend the stands behind the goals in 2016 anyway so half of this conversation is irrelevant!

Hardly. What you've heard currently counts for nothing. Or didn't you once hear something about a five year plan? Look how that turned out.
Report Spam   Logged
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #924 on: April 13, 2014, 18:56:04 pm »

Hardly. What you've heard currently counts for nothing. Or didn't you once hear something about a five year plan? Look how that turned out.

Exactly!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 13, 2014, 19:11:06 pm »

I don't get it.

We started as a club with a £7 million debt (give or take) and then Cardoza took over, paid the bills and basically now owes himself £7 million from a company he owns. So he does a property deal and somehow out of a £12 million loan he manages to squeeze his £7 million back (if anybody knows how you make a £7 million profit from a £12 million outlay please share), then according to some he departs stage left.

So now we're a club without a chairman, without debt and a stadium that's a little bit bigger, a little bit better and a little bit nicer. So where's the downside?

1. Closer to £970 thousand, actually.
2. According to Tony Clarke the £7 million is unlikely to be repaid from monies gained via the works.
3. There is money to be made from any project of this size, how much depends on a number of unknown variables. Does David Cardoza have any direct ties into the companies carrying out the works? I don't know, do you?

Just to be clear: after the grief DC has taken with getting this project up and running, good luck to him in making a buck - and then some. But if we, as a club, end up spent out in an 8,500 capacity ground, then we'll always remain small fry. Please don't say "that's all we've ever been."
We finally have the opportunity to put down a marker of intent; ending up with a ground that is not even on a par with clubs such as Shewsbury, Southend, Sc***horpe - clubs of a similar stature to ourselves - will leave us labeled as perennial fourth division small fry.
Report Spam   Logged
nn2cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 13, 2014, 19:39:14 pm »

Does David Cardoza have any direct ties into the companies carrying out the works? I don't know, do you ?

County Developments (Northampton) Limited was registered on 28 Jun 2013 with its registered office in Herts. The business has a status listed as "Live" and it currently has 4 directors. It was founded by Mr David Anthony Cardoza, Mr Marcus Grossman, Mr Simon Lyndon Patnick, Mr Anthony Cardoza. County Developments (Northampton) Limited has no subsidiaries.

Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 13, 2014, 19:53:53 pm »

I'm off to bed now, early start, but have you noticed how we only believe what we want to believe, we only read the bits we want to read and we only accept the arguments and points of those that agree with us.

Sad in it?
Report Spam   Logged

lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 13, 2014, 21:44:07 pm »

If We fail to expand the ground now that we have the council funding we will never get the chance again.
And with it  can forget any hopes of a couple of promotions in all our life times.
You get promoted based on league performance not stadium capacity.
Surely if we are on a sounder financial footing as a result of the boxes bringing more income in than we currently get, especially under ffp rules, then we have a better chance of promotion.

Who knows, that's the problem with being a football fan, you're emotionally invested in something that is in the hands of whoever happens to be paying the bills at the time.

One things for sure though, the pr at the club is shocking. An important rule in business is to under promise and over deliver. The news that comes out of the club always does the opposite. 5 year plan, 12,000+ seater stadium, bid to resign Bayo etc. They just shouldn't make these statements and get people's hopes up unless its 100% going to happen as it just leaves everyone underwhelmed and frustrated when it doesn't.
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 13, 2014, 21:47:56 pm »

I think that is exactly what the frustration is.
If it had only ever been announced that it was just boxes and corporate facilities being added there wouldn't be such disappointment about lack of increased capacity.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #930 on: April 13, 2014, 22:02:44 pm »

If I put £7 million in a fruit machine and it didn't pay out I wouldn't claim it as my machine. I would step aside and let someone else have a go.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #931 on: April 13, 2014, 22:08:48 pm »

You get promoted based on league performance not stadium capacity.
Surely if we are on a sounder financial footing as a result of the boxes bringing more income in than we currently get, especially under ffp rules, then we have a better chance of promotion.

Who knows, that's the problem with being a football fan, you're emotionally invested in something that is in the hands of whoever happens to be paying the bills at the time.

One things for sure though, the pr at the club is shocking. An important rule in business is to under promise and over deliver. The news that comes out of the club always does the opposite. 5 year plan, 12,000+ seater stadium, bid to resign Bayo etc. They just shouldn't make these statements and get people's hopes up unless its 100% going to happen as it just leaves everyone underwhelmed and frustrated when it doesn't.
If capacity is not a requirement to successful trading, why has every club with an once of ambition all seem to have stadium that can accommodate enough supporters to compete in the championship and satisfy the demands of larger clubs away followings?Huh?? Are we going to buck the trend and play on the fricking racecourse.

Why did cardoza announce in earlier ground plans enough capacity to compete with your Brentford's, Swindons, Peterboros, Rotherhams etc etc and now we're going toe to toe with Accrington, Morecambe and dag reds?

I'll tell you why, he knows without a fit for purpose ground we're nothing and will stay that way.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 13, 2014, 22:14:14 pm »

I think that one of the major problems in the PR department, is releasing images such as this, and then turning round a few weeks later, and saying : we have changed our minds. Its not going to look like that at all. Thats what p1sses people off.

Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 13, 2014, 22:26:43 pm »

If capacity is not a requirement to successful trading, why has every club with an once of ambition all seem to have stadium that can accommodate enough supporters to compete in the championship and satisfy the demands of larger clubs away followings?Huh?? Are we going to buck the trend and play on the fricking racecourse.

Why did cardoza announce in earlier ground plans enough capacity to compete with your Brentford's, Swindons, Peterboros, Rotherhams etc etc and now we're going toe to toe with Accrington, Morecambe and dag reds?

I'll tell you why, he knows without a fit for purpose ground we're nothing and will stay that way.

Ask yourself this: If we'd been promoted and were playing in League one this season, how many clubs would have brought +2000 fans to Sixfields (capacity allowing). Seven, maybe?
Then suppose we'd been pushing for play-offs. That would have been seven games which sold out. But, more importantly, an expanded stadium signals the intention of the club to progress itself. The latest plans do not.
I live in hope that, should we stay up, David Cardoza will have yet another rethink Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 13, 2014, 22:30:37 pm »

I think that one of the major problems in the PR department, is releasing images such as this, and then turning round a few weeks later, and saying : we have changed our minds. Its not going to look like that at all. Thats what p1sses people off.

Absolutely. You can't imagine the Saints managing their affairs in such a way. Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 13, 2014, 22:36:08 pm »

I live in hope that, should we stay up, David Cardoza will have yet another rethink Embarrassed
Call me cynical if you like, but I doubt it. There have been far too many false dawns, and unfulfilled promises.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #936 on: April 13, 2014, 22:41:28 pm »

I've actually heard there are plans to extend the stands behind the goals in 2016 anyway so half of this conversation conversion is irrelevant!

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #937 on: April 14, 2014, 00:36:45 am »

I agree with the truth.
You can't handle the truth..

Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 14, 2014, 06:57:32 am »

But, more importantly, an expanded stadium signals the intention of the club to progress itself.

Darlington
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 14, 2014, 07:04:58 am »

So due to the Darlington experience all redevelopment plans should be scrapped?!!

Contra Swansea and consider why that club is in the Premier League and not fighting for L2 survival.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: