The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:54:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821050 times)
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1080 on: April 16, 2014, 22:30:06 pm »

In fairness Barton I have the meeting recorded somewhere
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1081 on: April 16, 2014, 22:32:06 pm »

Up it on soundcloud
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest48

« Reply #1082 on: April 16, 2014, 22:38:21 pm »

In fairness Barton I have the meeting recorded somewhere so can you come on here and say that at no time when asked why the trust didn't ask for feedback from the fans the answer was not as I quoted.
I have no idea what was on the trust website but have every idea what was actually said at the meeting regards rocking the boat DC taking no notice and a waste of time etc.
I have no gripe against you personally as I found you a decent bloke and the same goes for Anthony collet.
The point was raised by a chap called tony(no idea if that's everbright) if it is he has gone strangely quiet regards it and the answer was from a lady present on the night along with the trust rep who joined the meeting halfway through.
I can't apologise for things regards the website as I have no idea and it wasn't mentioned during the meeting.
If however you decide that the above events didn't take place feel free to say so.
I wouldn't go as far as saying you are a liar but I can assure you that if you think the above scenario did not occur it is you who are mistaken.
I won't ask for an apology as I realise that anyone can make a genuine mistake.
So are you saying what I put on here , the minutes of the meeting are untrue ? These are documented and agreed as a true reflection of the meeting. Like I said before there were at least 3 people at that meeting who were not Trust board members ,you yourself say you don't know who were guests  and who were board members , yet you come on here stating " the Trust said this the Trust said that" when you admit you didn't know who was who. You really ought to get your facts right.  What has the website got to do with this ,nobody mentioned the website ?
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: April 16, 2014, 22:47:00 pm »

Up it on soundcloud
I feel that be beyond Shoeys capabilities. (no offence mate)  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
guest49

« Reply #1084 on: April 16, 2014, 23:12:21 pm »

Almost everything has been handled poorly in the last 10 years Tone that this latest stuff is no surprise to me.

This season on and off the pitch has once again demonstrated how low we have sunk. Finally some fans are actually realising what is going on. I'm afraid it might take non-league football for it to sink in for many others.

We have a chairman who did not want to invest in ground / staff improvements for 10 years because of this so called development. We could not improve the match day experience if it cost anything, (ie. move the ticket sales cabins, signage, etc etc) but suddenly we have great big County signs all over Sixfields. To me that clearly demonstrates exactly where DC is regarding NTFC the football club.

Please tell me something that has improved at Sixfields in the last 5 years?

DC feels that his £7 million has kept the club afloat and should give him authority to do just what he wants to get his money back. In any other business it would be true but not with professional football clubs. It is our club and he is absolutely destroying it, if this development goes ahead as is it will put us back 20 years or more.

You only have to look at Oxford, their former chairman built the ground, well started, got his hotel built and then left. It looks like history is repeating itself.

Roger, the Trust soon have to make a stand, either they are with the club / fans or with the chairman.
DC has little interest in the fans, or the team / club in the medium or long term.

With the development nothing has been mentioned regarding the supporters bar, the club shop, the ticket sales, the food and catering etc, nothing regarding the Trust have an office or meeting centre. Nothing.
Anyone trying to grow a club knows how important looking after the players and facilities are. Did you see the before and after East Stand photos, well they clearly show why we are bottom, WTF !
Has anything been said about training facilities or youth setup etc ?

Marvo. £10 million on stadium and training facilities every time.  Look at WBA, years ago they got into the Prem and struggled. The fans were calling for £5 m signings to stay up. The board refused and invested in the ground, staff and state of art training facilities. 10 years on or whatever, they are a reasonable prem club because their facilities allow them to attract the players and keep the better ones.

DC has already spent £7 million your way, on players and managers, look where it has got us, then look around the ground, look at those east stand photos.

Look also at Rotherham, fantastic new ground, look at their league position. But also look at their ball boys, all in matching track suits, even matching gloves and a nice seat to sit on, look at our ball boys, spot the difference.

Running a football club is bloody hard work, those with the passion do so much better than those without. 

Anyone will struggle to dispute any of that and I appreciate that you have been closer than most to have some first hand insight.
The investment in successive managers, players etc cannot be disputed. Poor choices in some instances and an awful amount of bad luck in others, with a net result of currently staring at the trap door.
The prime examples of where we should (but haven't IMO) come on leaps and bounds are the ticketing, club shop, match ticket marketing etc. You can add catering but most clubs serve up over priced crap and I've heard good feedback about the match day VIP packages and have enjoyed one myself. Like you said, it is hard work and who knows if anyone here would do a better job. However, from the outside and comparing to other customer experiences with similar sized outfits, the overall picture is disappointing. We'd all like us to be (and have been) a growing entity, on and off the pitch.
The no.1 focus from day one for the current owners would have been to develop the area, with only the most blinkered thinking otherwise.
I've no doubt that DC has long since fallen in love with the footballing side of matters, it's natural if you own the club! I just think that he either hasn't surrounded himself with the best people, or is that bloody minded that it's going to be his way or the highway and that his way hasn't always been in line with the best interests of OUR club as paying customers and in many cases with a lifetime of emotional investment!
I hate to say it but I look on in envy anytime I am in the vacinity of the MK Donkeys or see their promo stand in shopping centre.

I know Marvo said that the fans will 'drive him out' or words to that effect. I don't think so. He is at the most critical stage of his Cobblers adventure so far and I'm sure he is more than thick skinned enough to read some heart felt messages, granted some is bordering on bile. If it is an opportunity to feel the pulse of the fanbase, then it is a positive forum for him and others to read how a cross section of the support is feeling. Assuming they read the board of course.  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1085 on: April 16, 2014, 23:22:19 pm »

So are you saying what I put on here , the minutes of the meeting are untrue ? These are documented and agreed as a true reflection of the meeting.

The plans for the East stand are documented... whether they are a true reflection of the new east stand or not is debatable as are any scribed minutes to any meeting in the world.

For example "Andy Clark feedback back points learnt from meeting his meeting with Steve Allen" doesn't actually give us the points that Andy Clark feedback back back thus missing the vital information. Rendering this particular meeting note completely useless and not a true reflection of what was discussed at the meeting at all, as I'm sure Andy Clark didn't just say 'yes I had a meeting my meeting with Steve Allen, thanks for coming'.

P.S. I wasn't at the meeting as I don't see the point of people with no influence asking people with even less influence to gather round and discuss people who do have an influence who are only notable by their absence.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1086 on: April 17, 2014, 08:01:09 am »

So are you saying what I put on here , the minutes of the meeting are untrue ? These are documented and agreed as a true reflection of the meeting. Like I said before there were at least 3 people at that meeting who were not Trust board members ,you yourself say you don't know who were guests  and who were board members , yet you come on here stating " the Trust said this the Trust said that" when you admit you didn't know who was who. You really ought to get your facts right.  What has the website got to do with this ,nobody mentioned the website ?
If apologies are due roger then you have them.
However can you not acknowledge that an elderly gentleman by the name of tony raised a point about the redevelopment and if it would be possible to gauge fans opinions and report the findings via the trust to DC.
The response was that of not rocking the boat and why would he listen as he could do whatever he decided to anyway.
That's the bare bones of my point.
You are right as regards non trust attendees but people like yourself and ant collet er al all seemed decent people as I said on here after reporting on the meeting.
However as one cobblers fan to another I do find it unfair that no one will acknowledge this and would rather hang me out to dry when I'm just stating a question and the answer given.
Maybe in future all trust meetings could be recorded and put up on the site for people to hear in the interest of openness.
I have played with a straight bat and backed the hard work done by the trust as regards fundraising and away travel etc roger but I do think that an overriding impression of not rocking the boat does not help going forward and maybe the trust board need someone to ask the difficult questions rather than be content to tow the party line.
It isn't my wish to fall out with anyone regards fellow cobblers fans but I do think that the whole redevelopment saga and the lack of fans input is not going to help the club to go forward.
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 17, 2014, 10:36:19 am »

Is this the most boring thread in the history of the world?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:16 am »

Is this the most boring thread in the history of the world?
Yes and il sit back again and let others debate something that may/may not happen.
Fact is no one knows what kind of ground the fans will end up sitting in.
My doubts that it would be a fully enclosed 10,000 seater stadium seem to have been well founded though.
I'm actually well past caring anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 17, 2014, 11:24:45 am »

If I held a meeting at an "executive box" at a football ground, then I would at the very least expect to be able to see the pitch.

You are supposed to concentrate on the meeting, not gaze out of the window.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1090 on: April 17, 2014, 12:33:26 pm »

If I held a meeting at an "executive box" at a football ground, then I would at the very least expect to be able to see the pitch.

You are supposed to concentrate on the meeting, not gaze out of the window.

To be fair, assuming that the meeting was held on a match day...it would be easier to concentrate in the meeting if the box did have a view of the pitch.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #1091 on: April 17, 2014, 15:53:33 pm »

Sixfields has always been an embarrassment, no other club has managed to build such an uninspiring stadium since. It now seems we are set to repeat the same mistake.

Rumour has it that Ballast Needham offered to second tier both the north and south stands for just £1m whilst still under construction, but this was turned down by our forward thinking officials at the time. What would this cost now? How much did it cost the club in lost revenue after Wembley and all the away fans from well supported clubs that we turned away? It cost us relegation and the start of this downward spiral.

Now some 20 years on and it appears we're finally getting the essential commercial and off pitch facilities required but the capacity issue and DC's sudden U turn raises serious questions.

It's all well and good looking towards restaurants, hotels etc but nearly one third of all new catering ventures close within one year, it's hugely competitive and expensive to set up. No guarantee of success let alone instant return.

Bums on seats are easy. (If the teams worth watching!) Painfully looking at MK and their aspirations, did they really need to put in the top tier of seats now? They did, and that enabled them to put 8800 Wolves fans in recently, at £20 a pop that's an extra £176,000 in one afternoon. How long do you realistically think that would take to make in prawn sandwiches?

Chesterfield cost £13m, Rotherham £20m to build entire new stadiums with both commercial facilities and a realistic capacity so why we cant put 2500-3000 seats in now is frankly shocking. Talk of adding to the north/south is pure fantasy, will cost 3 or 4 times more later and will probably take another 20 years.

I'm very grateful to DC for what he has tried to do but this change in plan seems like an exit strategy for him and not a future for NTFC. The acquired loan is enough to do both and we should expect both.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 17, 2014, 15:57:07 pm »

Painfully looking at MK and their aspirations, did they really need to put in the top tier of seats now?

Yes. It was part of the agreement in holding some of the Rugby World Cup games there. It also has something to do with Tottenham but i can't recall what.
Report Spam   Logged

ajp

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 17, 2014, 15:58:17 pm »

How long have those 'County Group' banners been on the West Stand? Re-Development is full swing  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #1094 on: April 17, 2014, 16:19:47 pm »

Yes. It was part of the agreement in holding some of the Rugby World Cup games there. It also has something to do with Tottenham but i can't recall what.

Thank you Mountie Marvo. It's obvious PW is an astute businessman as he is a child snatcher.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1095 on: April 17, 2014, 16:24:15 pm »

thinking long term. we dont even think now let alone short term
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
John

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: April 17, 2014, 16:34:29 pm »

There you go, I knew I'd seen something along these lines.

Link

That may not be a clever move by the Donkeys, there has to be a chance that Spurs could lure some of the locals away when they return to London?
Report Spam   Logged

lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: April 17, 2014, 16:51:16 pm »

There you go, I knew I'd seen something along these lines.

Link

That may not be a clever move by the Donkeys, there has to be a chance that Spurs could lure some of the locals away when they return to London?
Hopefully. But if spurs have 47,000 people on their season ticket waiting list as the article says then the amount that will go on general sale to the mk public will depend on how many don't want to travel to mk and how they allocate away tickets.
Report Spam   Logged

AidyMannsDog

« Reply #1098 on: April 17, 2014, 18:26:54 pm »

thinking long term. we dont even think now let alone short term

Exactly. So short term DC can rip up submitted plans even before the ink dries.

With the current 5-10 year plan working so well what assurances have we that the club can make a success of the off field ventures? Based on the current cuisine served up at Sixfields I doubt Heston Blumenthal is losing any sleep.

This is why we need the extra seats as promised while the cash is available. We may have a poor side now but who knows what could happen. Maybe another concert etc. It's all about capacity whether that's for corporate arses or ours.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1099 on: April 17, 2014, 18:35:29 pm »

I think the questions really need putting to the Chairman, what the hell is going on ? Why is the club being short changed on this ? A once in a lifetime chance to build a stadium that holds a good sized crowd and its not being done.

Now is the time for the Trust to show that it can ask leading questions.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: