The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:20:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819310 times)
Coolcat, EB Claret (+ 1 Hidden) and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1220 on: April 22, 2014, 20:20:27 pm »

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/Planning/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=4185364&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

Here is the plan - looks to me like the boxes are on stilts and extend over the back of the West Stand.

None of the plans show the top section of seats - it shows 2 rows of seats roughly where the directors seating currently is.  I am imaging that there must the current rows of seats behind it still there.

Given there is a kitchen behind it - how can the boxes overlook the pitch!
They are not boxes in the West , they are lounges for the directors and guests. They are indeed on pillars, but some people were on about boxes on stilts at the back of the East ,which is clearly not the case. Currently the directors and their guests have to walk down the concourse and stairs with us rabble , with the new lounges they will just go out the back of the directors box into the lounges. The boxes in the East will overlook the pitch  Smiley

Well that's my take on it.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1221 on: April 22, 2014, 20:29:12 pm »

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for Big Dave's slip two weeks ago, wherein he blurted out about 'now only having a capacity of 8,500', we'd be none the wiser about the capacity having been reduced, would we?
We've waited years to see the capacity of Sixfields expanded and upgraded. The club should be using every medium available to 'grow' interest in the project, and yet we are being told next to nothing.
The silence from the club is damning.
As it stands the East will resemble the artists impression, but with one major difference. Less seats!
We, the fans, did not ask for a 10,000 capacity stadium. But we were promised one. Actually we were promised 15,000-25,000. Whichever way you cut it, and regardless of boxes, conferencing etc, a capacity of 8,500 will place us among the Morecombes, Accringtons, Burtons of this world.
We need to expand the ground now, while the funds are available.
Portsmouth sold out in five days for the game at our place; I wonder what the crowd might have been with additional capacity?
Oxford sold out last week

But people tell me more seats are not needed
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #1222 on: April 22, 2014, 20:40:11 pm »

And they are not really extra lounges as the two lounges used now and then are now for the larger dressing rooms.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: April 22, 2014, 20:47:43 pm »

An average of 3,200 have been empty each game this season. Just for the record, of course.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
guest1269

« Reply #1224 on: April 22, 2014, 21:04:55 pm »

An average of 3,200 have been empty each game this season. Just for the record, of course.

CS - stop being unreasonable and referring to the 21 out of 23 games this season - stats and dammed lies!
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1225 on: April 22, 2014, 21:21:00 pm »

Too right! Why have the capacity to sell thousands of more tickets when we could be turning people away?
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 22, 2014, 21:21:55 pm »

The Vetch held 11,500 when it closed. The fking idiots only went and built a stadium with a capacity of almost 21,000  Roll Eyes Fools.
I know you love a bit of devils advocate cricket but it does seem strange that you are actively arguing against the potential for growth in the future. It sometimes seems like you want the club to fail so you can revel in saying "At least we still have a club. I'll always be here, no matter what league we're in"
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 22, 2014, 21:28:20 pm »

The attendances always grows if in a promotion or relegation battle at the end of the season so that's a few games that always have more interest. With an extra 2500 seats that's 100k potential that could be reached in just two games, anyone that thinks with the funding in place already that these seats are not needed are very short sighted.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: April 22, 2014, 21:33:17 pm »

Success promotes growth and if we are stagnating in the conference why on earth would we need a 10000 seater stadium ?
Fill the one we've got first , then start harping on about ambition and what might be.
Touch of realism needed just now and it looks as if DC has got some.

ps , I'm long sighted.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1229 on: April 22, 2014, 21:36:55 pm »

ps , I'm long sighted.

You can get glasses for that....
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: April 22, 2014, 21:40:58 pm »

These plans have been around for much longer than our current relegation issues.
I don't understand this fill the seats we have first argument. There are so many clubs already mentioned in this thread that have expanded ambitiously and are thriving now that weren't selling out every week.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: April 22, 2014, 21:43:43 pm »

I think all you need to know was answered by Tony Clarke last week when asked if would have fought the fight for what we're going to end up with - and said "No". If we take some of your logic, we may as well remove some of the seats that we do have now as they've not been needed for a bit.

Anybody got an answer as to why Hull bothered building a 25,000 ground in League 2? Boothferry Park was more than ample for them at 15,000. All those empty seats...
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1232 on: April 22, 2014, 21:46:21 pm »

................no you can't Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 22, 2014, 21:47:23 pm »

Got some but never wear them near anything to do with the Cobblers , its best not to see things too clearly.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 22, 2014, 21:52:14 pm »

Anybody got an answer as to why Hull bothered building a 25,000 ground in League 2? Boothferry Park was more than ample for them at 15,000. All those empty seats...

Yeah...... but......... Darlington.

Wahh wahh wahh wahh
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: April 22, 2014, 21:56:49 pm »

I do like the Darlington one because they completely overlook the fact it was built as a money laundering/vanity project/shrine to Sunderland by George Reynolds.
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: April 22, 2014, 21:58:54 pm »

There are far more examples of success than failure in redevelopments. Darlington and possibly coventry (slightly different issues) are the only bad examples I can think of but could probably name 10+ that have been a success.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: April 22, 2014, 22:07:15 pm »

I think Darlingtons ground had more seats than than Darlington had residents.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 22, 2014, 22:53:56 pm »

Success promotes growth and if we are stagnating in the conference why on earth would we need a 10000 seater stadium ?
Fill the one we've got first , then start harping on about ambition and what might be.
Touch of realism needed just now and it looks as if DC has got some.

ps , I'm long sighted.

To grow a fan base you need the ability to accommodate them. We (the club) should be promising low cost ticket deals (for next season) to students, under 21's, schools: Anything at all to fill the ground with fans, and create a cauldron to help carry the team forward over the next few years.
Get them interested while they're young, and a percentage will always remain loyal to the club. And if 'Success promotes growth' is the God policy, then how come so many others have prospered with the boon of additional capacity?
The argument about unneeded extra space and the waste of funding it now, is flawed. Going by this logic it will never be worth the cost of expanding the ground, as it will always require an upfront funding. However, the funding is currently in place, so shouldn't we use it for the purpose it was borrowed?
It was borrowed because we needed additional capacity, and revenue streams, to prosper. Remember?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 23:03:16 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 22, 2014, 23:02:48 pm »

I think fans that don't see growth as a possibility are the ones that are happy just to go and watch the cobblers irrespective of how well we are doing and whatever league we are in. They can then attempt to lord it over anyone that would like to see a sustained period of expansion, if there are more fans it's harder to claim they are the best.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: