The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:35:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819586 times)
Poggy and 22 Guests are viewing this topic.
did.cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1260 on: April 23, 2014, 15:52:54 pm »

And a whole raft of improvements aimed at making the stadium a 7 day a week business
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: April 23, 2014, 15:53:49 pm »

Didn't he say that not all the seats that will be added are available as season ticket options yet for next season but once the work is done anyone can move to them if they wanted to? That suggests more than the amount you can see online at the minute.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1262 on: April 23, 2014, 16:01:58 pm »

Didn't he say that not all the seats that will be added are available as season ticket options yet for next season but once the work is done anyone can move to them if they wanted to? That suggests more than the amount you can see online at the minute.

I read that as 'the seats we are selling at the moment definitely won't be ready for the start of the season so we're covering our backs and saying you are free to move'. But I admire your optimism.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #1263 on: April 23, 2014, 16:04:34 pm »

The 'wings' are 46 seats long on either side.

46 x 6 (x 2) = 552

Minus 20 each side to account for the stairwells and by my calculations that amounts to an EXTRA 512 SEATS ONLY.

That's not speculation or gossip, it's based on what is available to buy for next year.

Take into account the likely reduction of capacity in the West to fit the directors box in and we'll be left with a capacity that MAY reach 8,000 but quite probably won't even hit that figure.

The capacity of the stadium when it opened was 7,653 (later reduced due to removal of seats at the back of the North).

11 years of wrangling with the authorities and a £12m council loan later and we MIGHT end up about 400 seats better off than we were in 1994.
Yeh, its not looking/sounding good is it.
I jokingly suggested that we couldn't blame Big Dave for wanting his own box in the west, but what we appear to be now getting is a whole lot different from anything originally suggested. Seems to me that failing to increase capacity in favour of executive boxes is a mistake. It's a simple mistake to make though.
Executive boxes with additional capacity as promised is what we want.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1264 on: April 23, 2014, 16:24:46 pm »

Looks like we hoodwinked the council into approving the loan so mackintosh thought could look all important in front of that decent looking east stand and then drastically changed everything once dc got his hands on the money. Nbc should be asking questions. Because if it looks like this to me what about other people? "12m for 500 seats? "Is what they'll think
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Charlatan

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: April 23, 2014, 16:28:40 pm »

Looks like we hoodwinked the council into approving the loan so mackintosh thought could look all important in front of that decent looking east stand and then drastically changed everything once dc got his hands on the money. Nbc should be asking questions. Because if it looks like this to me what about other people? "12m for 500 seats? "Is what they'll think
Good post
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1266 on: April 23, 2014, 16:37:16 pm »

I see it as a 12m loan for extra seats,  general improvements to dated looking facilities,   new seats,   boxes,  internal works,  east stand development, conf centre and hotel. 

Then moving forward a 12m loan paid back via the use of the land for housing developments thus paying off the loan, and leaving "somebody" with a 365 day a year venue to increase revenue.

Given the choice of extra seats or a 365 day a year venue I would take the venue and pray for the day we are locking people out the ground.   

For me if it was all about seats then all these super stadiums that you see popping up wouldn't include any corporate facilities.   Unfortunately the answer is a mixture of the 2 but maybe we need the corporate money to pay for the North Stand development ?
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1267 on: April 23, 2014, 16:39:03 pm »

Once those boxes get fixed at the back of the East it will stop any future development in this area which makes sixfields null and void when looking at a ground that will properly serve us if we can achieve a couple of promotions.

One other thing that makes this even more ridiculous is that when the loan has all been spunked on poe in the sky directors boxes, we will have just 6000 odd seats to serve a town and county the size of Northampton, the seats squeezed in at one side will be in the away section.

Accrington Morecambe Dag red have as many home seats!

Defend that....

No wonder they have tried to hide this sh1te behind our relegation battle.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 16:43:17 pm by sbedscobb » Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: April 23, 2014, 16:42:42 pm »

Because if it looks like this to me what about other people? "12m for 500 seats?" is what they'll think

Only if they are as simple as you, surely marquess?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: April 23, 2014, 16:43:38 pm »

The most farcical thing about it all is that after ten years they still don't know they're doing or what they want to do.
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #1270 on: April 23, 2014, 16:46:45 pm »

We should bring back the duck boards for 'Cricketside'
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: April 23, 2014, 16:47:05 pm »

Because if it looks like this to me what about other people? "12m for 500 seats?" is what they'll think

Only if they are as simple as you, surely marquess?
so you do read my posts then? Because I'm still waiting for somebody to let me know why hull built that ground when they were in league 2 and why Swansea built something twice the size they needed, mk dons too
Report Spam   Logged

andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: April 23, 2014, 16:50:35 pm »

Why all the fuss, the council who are loaning the money to dc are happy with the alterations to the plans and lets face facts we can't fill what we have. Based on that minor fact anything which increases the clubs income must be welcomed whether that be boxes or even coco the bleedin clown If/.When we climb the leagues the income from sell-outs and extra tv money will go some way to building up the north and south stands.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: April 23, 2014, 16:52:24 pm »

The sensible questions don't get answered just ignored.
You could add Rotherham, Doncaster, Wigan, reading, stoke, Brighton the list goes on and yet the one thing you could link all these clubs with is none of them waited until they were selling out every week before they increased their capacity and they all have much higher league positions and attendances than they had before their developments.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1274 on: April 23, 2014, 17:00:41 pm »

Why all the fuss, the council who are loaning the money to dc are happy with the alterations to the plans and lets face facts we can't fill what we have. Based on that minor fact anything which increases the clubs income must be welcomed whether that be boxes or even coco the bleedin clown If/.When we climb the leagues the income from sell-outs and extra tv money will go some way to building up the north and south stands.
Despite being absolute gash all season, we have less than 1000 home seats spare.
If we were to promote the club properly and went top of league 2 or even 1, how many more supporters from the town would want to watch, 2,3 or 4000?

This is our one and only chance to have a proper stadium but we as a club have blown it big time.
Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #1275 on: April 23, 2014, 17:03:06 pm »

How about having this conversation on the completion of the work to IMPROVE the stadium, I for one would prefer a 7 day business income for the club to secure our future, instead of loads of seats and a ground with 4000 people in a 10000 capacity stadium. DC has informed us that the North & South stands can be increased if and when we need the extra capacity. So why oh why are people getting so upset about it, it's beyond me. Or, is it just a case of slagging off the chairman because certain people don't agree with him and think he's got some motive behind the change in plans  - ever thought that he may be the sensible one, and is only doing what is best for our club & for everyone that attends on matchdays.

Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1276 on: April 23, 2014, 17:06:30 pm »

How about having this conversation on the completion of the work to IMPROVE the stadium, I for one would prefer a 7 day business income for the club to secure our future, instead of loads of seats and a ground with 4000 people in a 10000 capacity stadium. DC has informed us that the North & South stands can be increased if and when we need the extra capacity. So why oh why are people getting so upset about it, it's beyond me. Or, is it just a case of slagging off the chairman because certain people don't agree with him and think he's got some motive behind the change in plans  - ever thought that he may be the sensible one, and is only doing what is best for our club & for everyone that attends on matchdays.

Read the previous thread and reply your opinion, No one is slagging off the Chairman, just trying to make him see sense.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1277 on: April 23, 2014, 17:15:12 pm »

Read the previous thread and reply your opinion, No one is slagging off the Chairman, just trying to make him see sense.

Why hasn't anyone gone to see DC to express their view directly or to offer advice and/or assistance, rather than have your little cabal on here?
You may get the answers you desire rather than keep going around in circles stating the same rumours and supposition.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #1278 on: April 23, 2014, 17:18:54 pm »

Please explain to me then, why are you trying to make him see sense ??

Don't you think he has looked at the plans over and over again to get what's best (he's waited for long enough, hasn't he), or do you think he suddenly decides to change his mind to upset a few people on this or other threads ?

Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1279 on: April 23, 2014, 17:19:54 pm »

The sensible questions don't get answered just ignored.
You could add Rotherham, Doncaster, Wigan, reading, stoke, Brighton the list goes on and yet the one thing you could link all these clubs with is none of them waited until they were selling out every week before they increased their capacity and they all have much higher league positions and attendances than they had before their developments.

This...

Lets just look at it this way, and I reckon Im being more than generous!

*500 Bolted on seats/6 new rows - Say 100k
*7500 New seats @ 20quid a pop which is generous = 150k
*16 boxes - 20k a box, fixtures & fittings - say 500k.
*Conference Centre - 200k.
*Bigger dressing rooms - 50k
*New bar - 100k
*Other bits - 400k

Total - 1.5million.

Whats it costing? 7.5million or something out of the 12 million loan (4.5million for the hotel)

Given that WE KNOW how much other stadiums are costing etc....admittedly this is total and utter guess work...what have I missed out?

I mean...how much can it possibly cost to install a row of boxes? ! A large conservatory extended to your house will cost you 10k...

I know f-all about building work costs...so someone who does and is not one bit slightly perplexed about all of this, explain what THEY THINK the costs would be and what they think we should be getting??

No bol lox of 'DC knows what he's doing etc'. Im certain he does. BUT this is a message board...Im asking a genuine question which Im entitled to do! Not accusing anyone of anything or even making implications. I just cannot understand where the 7.5 million quid is going.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: